PDA

View Full Version : Coach David Cerny leaving Bellville

zebrablue2
07-16-2014, 10:04 PM
After 24 years, my friend is leaving Bellville! All I can say is thanks to a coach, that all people would like to have their kids play for. Did he do it right? Heck yes he did!!
24 seasons at Bellville-- 430 wins, 1 state title, 1 runner up and 13 district titles. Made the playoffs 22 times. Record speaks for itself, thanks again David!!!

Yoe_09
07-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Congrats to Coach Cerny on an outstanding career at Bellville!

OLE'BULL
07-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I hated to hear that he was leaving. I was so fortunate to get to play on his baseball teams AND football team. Some folks dont realize how great of a football coach he was. He coached the Freshman teams and hasn't lost many games. Obviously the baseball program will take a hit with his departure, I just hope the football team doesn't suffer either. He had kids prepared mentally and physically for the Varsity. Any word on where he will end up? I heard he might just decide to stay out of coaching all together? Who do we have our eyes on to replace one of the greatest baseball coaches in the state?

MJMbrahmas10
07-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Hands down the best FOOTBALL coach I ever had. He just had a way of gettin guys to give it their all. "Gassers and air raids". Did he retire or go to other school?

BB BULLS
07-21-2014, 07:35 AM
2015 this year is my sons sr year and he told me he sure is gonna miss him on the baseball field. we sure thought he would stay one more year since he has a good group of ball players coming back this year. he will be missed by many. Good luck coach in whatever you do.

hookandladder
07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
This somewhat of a surprise to me, did not know he was interested in getting out of coaching. Good guy, hope all is well.

Bull's-eye
07-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Outstanding coach whether its baseball or football. He didn't put much emphasis on winning tournaments, it was all about getting the team ready for district & the playoffs. Good luck Coach Cerny, hope you keep coaching.

XMan
07-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Best of luck to whoever the new coach is. Id really like to see the program get back to state, its been 21 years. Maybe the new coach will get more support from the district as far as staffing, scheduling, fundraising and the like. Im doubting this will happen but I can hope. District hasn't been very supportive since several ads ago. Unfortunately, the community must mirror the districts views. Hopefully the baseball program will not head the direction of the softball program and be more on the level of Rice, Royal, and Hempstead.

Scoop27
07-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Bellville used to play a lot in the Wharton Invitational Tournament when Floyd Ciruti was coach of the Tigers and they always made a good showing

Be_Advised
07-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Robstown played Bellville back in 2009. They were a well coached, fundamentally sound ball club. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

XMan
07-23-2014, 07:43 AM
I would not be surprised to see him end up in Sealy helping out in some capacity to be near his son. He did a truly amazing job in his 24 years. One of the best 3a baseball coaches there ever was.

duckhunter
08-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I saw that the job was being given to cokamore for this season and next year they will look to hire a coach for the position. With Cerny leaving so late it made it hard to hire a coach. I wonder if Cerny was mad at somebody to quit so late? That would be my guess. I hate that the only reason he might have left was because he was angry at someone? I hope that wasn't the case. He was too good of a man/coach to be treated that way after all his success and all that he has done for Bellville.

This next season should be a good challenge for the brahmas. It will be a tough baseball district that is for sure. I know me and Xman are looking forward to some baseball

XMan
08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Heck Duckhunter, Im ready for duck season!

duckhunter
08-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Heck Duckhunter, Im ready for duck season!

Dove season first!

MJMbrahmas10
08-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Just got a new duck blind up today!

Heard there was some sort of tension between cerny and an administrator.

OLE'BULL
08-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Just got a new duck blind up today!

Heard there was some sort of tension between cerny and an administrator.

I have heard the same thing. I take all of the rumors with a grain of salt. I have done some asking around to some people that would be very much in the know and they seem to be pretty neutral on it so I felt a bit better about the situation. When I first heard how it went down, I was pretty upset. I won't get into what I heard because it has yet to be completely confirmed. I think the only way the true story comes out is if someone talks to Cerny or the administrator. All that being said, I am pretty confident that they could have showed Cerny a little more professional courtesy, been more accomodating, etc. I am sure Cerny will land on his feet just fine, just hope the Brahmas don't have to square off against him!

duckhunter
08-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I am pretty confident that they could have showed Cerny a little more professional courtesy, been more accomodating, etc. I am sure Cerny will land on his feet just fine, just hope the Brahmas don't have to square off against him!

Ditto that.