PDA

View Full Version : WO-S QB Transfer?

Yoe_09
07-14-2014, 05:38 PM
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Standout-WO-S-quarterback-transfers-5621073.php

WOS87
07-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately I can confirm that but meh, not that concerned. Got a late night call several nights ago. It's not anywhere close to being the end of the world for us with everyone else we have returning and our program repetitively being able to reload for almost 40 years running now. The biggest thing about Sterling was that he was only a Sophomore last year and we'd potentially have him for two more seasons. We'll be fine in 2014 and I can almost guarantee we'll reload for 2015. Defense has always been our forte and that's completely unaffected by this. Deionte Thompson isn't going anywhere and Chase Rutledge isn't minced meat by any means either. He was actually the star of the show in the Carthage game. He got pulled in as QB in the 2nd half of the Carthage Quarterfinal last season when we actually came back and made it a game. WOS historically has always done better when they were underestimated so we'll see #silverlining. We're not a one man team.

regaleagle
07-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Seems like alot of quality qb's moving around these days, huh? I guess it's just more reported in the media now, and has been like that for the last decade in Texas, though. Anybody else have an opinion on these "moves" going on nowadays? Just seems to me like there's been quite a few more of late than previously.

cougartino
07-15-2014, 04:14 AM
WOS will still be tough to beat.

caleb_mccaig
07-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Seems like alot of quality qb's moving around these days, huh? I guess it's just more reported in the media now, and has been like that for the last decade in Texas, though. Anybody else have an opinion on these "moves" going on nowadays? Just seems to me like there's been quite a few more of late than previously.

I definitely think there's something to it in some cases but also with the way the job market is these days families are moving all over the place sometimes multiple times a year. I could be wrong, but that's what I would credit it to.