PDA

View Full Version : It's almost that time again.....to be perfect

regaleagle
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Every time I watch that movie...Friday Night Lights...it brings tears to my eyes. Is there anything in this universe(besides God Almighty) better than Texas High School Football??? I've been living this life for almost 6 decades now, and for me personally there just ain't much I can get more excited about than those Friday nite lights. The new season is only about a month away now, and for the first time ever there will be split divisions in the old Class 3A...now known as 4A....and boy is there gonna be some excitement building around the state this year. I'll chime in later about my favorites for each division, but it looks like the path to the championship in each division will be littered with some very good football teams seeking that elusive trophy and ring. As most of you know, I'm a rabid Argyle Eagle supporter since inception. We've been on both sides of the field when that final second of the season clicked off....the winning side and the losing side. But in the end, every single player and every Texas High School football fan is ALWAYS on the winning side because this is absolutely the very best high school football being played in the entire nation on a weekly basis throughout each season. It just don't get much better than what we have developed here in the great state of Texas....footballwise. We may be in the hot summer doldrums in July, but just over the horizon looms tomorrow's stars that will emerge on Friday nights under the lights at a stadium near you. You can bet your boots I'm gonna be taking in the action if the Good Lord allows....and I encourage all of you reading these words to do the same. It's almost that time of the year again....to be perfect.

buckeyebob
07-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Gonna miss y'all for the next couple of years...shame we couldn't see each other in pre-season...good luck to the Argyllians

bd62
07-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Great post regaleagle .My thoughts also but can't put it in words as good as you did. Also 6 decades of first playing then following High School Football .

cookiemonster
07-13-2014, 08:00 PM
If you truly love the purity of HS Football in Texas you need to do everything you can do to keep Dan Patrick out of office. I think it may be too late but it's worth a try. He will work to destroy HS Football as you know it.

Tom Foolery
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM
How?