PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James - Decision 2

PhiI C
07-10-2014, 09:32 PM
All we can do is wait for our hero to decide what he is going to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMSph5hsKrY

Bullaholic
07-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Maybe he'll consider pitching for the Rangers, Phil.......couldn't hurt....

PhiI C
07-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Maybe he'll consider pitching for the Rangers, Phil.......couldn't hurt....

That is right Bull. I'm glad I am not the only one that finds all this is humorous.

Roughneck93
07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Heading back to Cleveland....

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/breaking-news-lebron-james-signing-with-cleveland-cavaliers/

Rabid Cougar
07-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Yawn.

cougartino
07-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Look at this way. We won't have to hear about all the World Cup crap on ESPN this weekend.

Saggy Aggie
07-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Cleveland is loaded... Kyrie, wiggins, Bennett, LeBron and Deng.

Heard rumors that wiggins and Bennett might get dealt for Kevin love

Rabid Cougar
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
He is trying to steal the thunder of the Texas 7 on 7 Championships. These seem to be a whole lot better than the "Outing" or "Movement" or what ever the hell has been on ESPNU.

bd62
07-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Cleveland is loaded enough to maybe win 40 games next year. Lots of teams Loaded but takes yrs for that young talent to win a NBA title. Especially with West so
Loaded.

icu812
07-11-2014, 02:16 PM

Deng is a FA. I do expect Love to go to Cleveland now. Bosh to Houston who will also match Dallas's offer to Parson using his Bird Rights to go way above the cap. Houston will now have maybe the best starting 5 in NBA.

bd62
07-11-2014, 02:43 PM
NBA CHAMPS SPURS sign all there players with no fanfare and best coach by far in NBA in a 2 sentence statement. And all you hear on Espn is about the guy who was on the team the Spurs beat by a NBA record point spread in 5 games. There is 8 teams in West that could win East
next year.

Roughneck93
07-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Rockets trade Jeremy Lin to Lakers....

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/deal-set-lakers-trade-for-jeremy-lin-which-for-l-a-is-largely-about-draft-pick-as-is-gasol-for-boozer-idea/

caleb_mccaig
07-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Never really understood why people give Lebron so much crap about "The Decision". It raised $5 million for numerous charities.

Farmersfan
07-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Deng is a FA. I do expect Love to go to Cleveland now. Bosh to Houston who will also match Dallas's offer to Parson using his Bird Rights to go way above the cap. Houston will now have maybe the best starting 5 in NBA.

Arguably the best starting 5 but no argument the WORST #6 through #13........................ And I thought a player had to be with a team 4 years to have "Bird Rights"? Parsons just finished his 3rd year.

Saggy Aggie
07-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Cleveland is loaded enough to maybe win 40 games next year. Lots of teams Loaded but takes yrs for that young talent to win a NBA title. Especially with West so
Loaded.

LOL, LeBron could win 40 by himself, then you have Kyrie who is an emerging superstar.

The last 2 #1 picks will mature just fine alongside those, but I assume they'll get flipped for klove anyways

bd62
07-11-2014, 04:03 PM
LOL, LeBron could win 40 by himself, then you have Kyrie who is an emerging superstar.

The last 2 #1 picks will mature just fine alongside those, but I assume they'll get flipped for klove anyways
In the East that is possible. West no way. How that by himself work out in NBA finals. Team beats great player all day long.

Saggy Aggie
07-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Well he did win 2 championships and play in 4 consecutive finals.... I think he's doing just fine

bd62
07-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Lebron is doing great.Class Act. His heart is in Cleveland and in 2 yrs they will be in hunt for NBA finals. I just think next year will be a learning to play together and young guys getting experience.
He played his heart out against the Spurs will no help. When he scored 19 of the Heat's 21 points in third quarter of game 4 and Spurs went from 7 point lead to 14 point Lebron knew it was over.

PhiI C
07-11-2014, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4j0UAzfgRE

PhiI C
07-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Now we need for Carmelo and Gasol to decide.

PhiI C
07-13-2014, 08:40 PM
It looks like Gasol to Chicago and Carmelo back to the Knicks. Deng is going to Miami and Wade is staying their. Some of the big stars signed short term contracts because in 2 years there will be a new tv contract and the salary caps increased. Overall some teams improved but I think the Spurs will have a great chance to repeat next year if they keep the right mental attitude and are fortunate again with injuries.

Farmersfan
07-14-2014, 08:39 AM
The Rockets fail to match the Mav's offer on Parsons. My original thought was that the Mavs were overpaying for Parsons but now that I think about it I'm not too sure. Dirk took a pay cut so basically we could say we got Dirk and Parsons together for a good price. I also heard rumors that the Mavs were secretly hoping for a chance at Bosh so I'm way happy they got Parsons instead. I've never liked Bosh and i don't think he would make very many teams a better team. (at least I don't think he would have helped the Rockets any). With the additions in FA I think the Mavs will compete with the best in the West. If they manage to keep Marion it will cement them as a top 5 contender in my opinion.

Saggy Aggie
07-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Heard rockets declined parsons offer because Dallas overpaid and Houston is now targeting rondoor klove (please dear God)...

caleb_mccaig
07-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Heard rockets declined parsons offer because Dallas overpaid and Houston is now targeting rondoor klove (please dear God)...

I don't think Dallas overpaid for him, I'm also a Mavs fan though. If we did it wasn't by much. We greatly improved our team with height and scoring by signing Parsons.
Our starting front court is now Dirk (7'0), Parsons (6'10) and Tyson Chandler (7'1). By signing Parsons we are reducing the amount of defense Dirk has to play (Thank God) and our 3 and 4 players can hit a shot from anywhere on the court.
I can't believe Houston didn't match after missing out on Bosh. We're once again going to be a threat and with Dirk and Monta on your team there's always a good chance to win any game.

Saggy Aggie
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I don't think Dallas overpaid for him, I'm also a Mavs fan though. If we did it wasn't by much. We greatly improved our team with height and scoring by signing Parsons.
Our starting front court is now Dirk (7'0), Parsons (6'10) and Tyson Chandler (7'1). By signing Parsons we are reducing the amount of defense Dirk has to play (Thank God) and our 3 and 4 players can hit a shot from anywhere on the court.
I can't believe Houston didn't match after missing out on Bosh. We're once again going to be a threat and with Dirk and Monta on your team there's always a good chance to win any game.

For his height, hes not a good rebounder. Also, a below average defender.

Scoring is nice, but hes not worth 15 mil a year.

Farmersfan
07-15-2014, 08:31 AM

Let me see if i can remember how I heard this on the radio: "Only 4 players in the NBA averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assits and shot over .450% from the field last season. They were Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul(I think) and Chandler Parsons." Dirk gave up 5 million so the Mavs could sign another player so basically Parsons is only costing 10 mil a season. If he continues to improve or even stays at last season's numbers he's worth that.

Farmersfan
07-15-2014, 08:39 AM

If the Rockets don't manage to get Rondo or another big time player they will be crying in their spilled milk come next season. Based on what has happened so far they have gone from being a top contender to being a probably no chance type team in just a few short weeks.

Macarthur
07-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Let me see if i can remember how I heard this on the radio: "Only 4 players in the NBA averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assits and shot over .450% from the field last season. They were Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul(I think) and Chandler Parsons." Dirk gave up 5 million so the Mavs could sign another player so basically Parsons is only costing 10 mil a season. If he continues to improve or even stays at last season's numbers he's worth that.

I tend to agree with FF here.

Parsons also is still young and I don't think he's reached his ceiling, yet. He's also going to a team with, IMO, the second best coach in the NBA. I think the Mavs did a wonderful job this offseason. And if they land Mo Williams to play some 1 & 2, it will be a phenomenal offseason. It's really difficult to remake your team in one off season in the NBA. The Mavs are to be commended.

And let's not forget, they are the only team to really push the Spurs.

caleb_mccaig
07-15-2014, 02:38 PM
If your third best player is averaging around 16, 5 and 4 I'd say you have a pretty damn good team and that's exactly what Parsons is going to be on Dallas' roster behind Dirk and Monta.

caleb_mccaig
07-15-2014, 02:43 PM
And look at that, the Dirk deal was finalized minutes ago and it turns out he took an even bigger paycut than what was previously thought. $25 million over three years which allows them to "overpay" as some of you would say for pretty much any player they want.

Marc Stein also reported on Twitter that the Lakers and the Rockets both called offering Dirk a MAX deal which he turned down.

Farmersfan
07-15-2014, 03:18 PM
And look at that, the Dirk deal was finalized minutes ago and it turns out he took an even bigger paycut than what was previously thought. $25 million over three years which allows them to "overpay" as some of you would say for pretty much any player they want.

Marc Stein also reported on Twitter that the Lakers and the Rockets both called offering Dirk a MAX deal which he turned down.

I don't much care for The Matrix but he is a defensive force. I hope the Mavs can manage to resign him to come off the bench. Chandler, Dirk, Parsons, Ellis and the combination of Felton/Harris might just be one of the top starting teams in the entire NBA. Any further additons should jsut improve this.

Farmersfan
07-15-2014, 03:20 PM

Would be awesome if they could somehow get Mo Williams....

caleb_mccaig
07-15-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't much care for The Matrix but he is a defensive force. I hope the Mavs can manage to resign him to come off the bench. Chandler, Dirk, Parsons, Ellis and the combination of Felton/Harris might just be one of the top starting teams in the entire NBA. Any further additons should jsut improve this.

Definitely agree! I wouldn't be surprised to see the Matrix walk unless he takes a pay cut, if he does I really think it's about time we give Jae Crowder a chance. I think him playing the small forward and having Brandon Wright (Who I think will have a breakout year) coming off the bench will be pretty effective defensively.

I'm already seeing a lot of people from Houston saying that Dirk is washed up and that's why he was given the money he was, I just want to know what they'd be saying if he signed with Houston for the four year $70+ mil contract which was set in front of him. Maybe it's the Rocket fanbase who should be worried about overpaying for a player whose 35+ instead of one who is 25.

Saggy Aggie
07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
He's a good player, but i've watched enough rockets basketball to know he's not worth 15 mil a year.

You guys can have him for that price

Farmersfan
07-16-2014, 08:17 AM
He's a good player, but i've watched enough rockets basketball to know he's not worth 15 mil a year.

You guys can have him for that price

Chris Bosh is an 11 year veteran who is on the decline and averaged 16.2 points a game, 6.6 rebounds a game, 1.1 assits per game and had a NBA rating of 27.89 last season and the Rockets were willing to pay him 22 million a year. Parsons is a 3 year rookie who has gotten better every season who averaged 16.6 points per game, 5.5 rebounds per game, 4.0 assits per game and had a 29.59 NBA rating last season and the Mavericks got him for 15 million. The only way Parsons isn't worth the money is if his production falls way, way off. Nobody with Parson's numbers is playing for 15 million in the NBA..

Saggy Aggie
07-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Chris Bosh is an 11 year veteran who is on the decline and averaged 16.2 points a game, 6.6 rebounds a game, 1.1 assits per game and had a NBA rating of 27.89 last season and the Rockets were willing to pay him 22 million a year. Parsons is a 3 year rookie who has gotten better every season who averaged 16.6 points per game, 5.5 rebounds per game, 4.0 assits per game and had a 29.59 NBA rating last season and the Mavericks got him for 15 million. The only way Parsons isn't worth the money is if his production falls way, way off. Nobody with Parson's numbers is playing for 15 million in the NBA..

Bosh is another example of a player who is WAY overpaid. I'm glad he didn't accept that deal cuz I didn't want him and sure as hell didn't want him for that price.

caleb_mccaig
07-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Bosh is another example of a player who is WAY overpaid. I'm glad he didn't accept that deal cuz I didn't want him and sure as hell didn't want him for that price.

Personally, I think Bosh when he is forced to be the best player for a team can be. He's an above average player on both ends, but when he was with LBJ and D-Wade he wasn't forced to try and be the guy doing everything. I think his production will increase now that Lebron is gone, and I think he's a top 20 player in the league.

Farmersfan
07-16-2014, 01:15 PM

Yea I don't think Bosh would be worth that much money either. But what is your impressions of what the Rockets are left with right now?

Farmersfan
07-16-2014, 01:27 PM
I also don't think signing Lebron James makes the Cavs a automatic contender. If they get Kevin Love then I'll be on the Cleveland bandwagon a little more but right now I wouldn't take the current Cav's lineup over the current Mavs lineup. The way I see it Kyrie Irvin is the only other player on that team worth mentioning until Wiggins shows something but even Irvin's numbers could be the result of him being the ONLY decent player on the Cavs team. His numbers will go way down next season with Lebron. I couldn't imagine very many teams in the league taking Kyrie Irvin ahead of Chandler, Dirk or Ellis and with even a slight improvement Parsons would make 4 players on the Mavs that would be the 2nd best player on the Cleveland team. How did they jump to being favorites in the East simply by getting Lebron?

Saggy Aggie
07-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Yea I don't think Bosh would be worth that much money either. But what is your impressions of what the Rockets are left with right now?
I think Ariza is a better value than parsons and I think Houston got the better end of it.

Ariza had 14 ppg last year so not much drop off but a much better defender.

Yes he's older, but significantly cheaper. He also shot > 40% from 3 last year.

It's given Houston more flexibility financially and I'm happy with it.

I'm especially happy with dumping the Lin and Asik contracts. 2 more overpaid players...

Saggy Aggie
07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
I also don't think signing Lebron James makes the Cavs a automatic contender. If they get Kevin Love then I'll be on the Cleveland bandwagon a little more but right now I wouldn't take the current Cav's lineup over the current Mavs lineup. The way I see it Kyrie Irvin is the only other player on that team worth mentioning until Wiggins shows something but even Irvin's numbers could be the result of him being the ONLY decent player on the Cavs team. His numbers will go way down next season with Lebron. I couldn't imagine very many teams in the league taking Kyrie Irvin ahead of Chandler, Dirk or Ellis and with even a slight improvement Parsons would make 4 players on the Mavs that would be the 2nd best player on the Cleveland team. How did they jump to being favorites in the East simply by getting Lebron?

Lol, dion waiters averaged 16/3/3 per game last year.

Kyrie Irving is better than any player on the Mavs. So is LeBron. Then they have the last 2 #1 overall picks.

No way in hell I'd take the Mavs lineup LOL

LeBron >>>> Dirk
Irving >>>> Ellis
Waiters is at least as good as Parsons
Wiggins is one of the players with the highest ceiling in the entire league.

Then they have a nice front court consisting of Tristan Thompson, varejao and tyler zeller

What exactly is impressive about the Mavs lineup?

Farmersfan
07-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Lol, dion waiters averaged 16/3/3 per game last year.

Kyrie Irving is better than any player on the Mavs. So is LeBron. Then they have the last 2 #1 overall picks.

No way in hell I'd take the Mavs lineup LOL

LeBron >>>> Dirk
Irving >>>> Ellis
Waiters is at least as good as Parsons
Wiggins is one of the players with the highest ceiling in the entire league.

Then they have a nice front court consisting of Tristan Thompson, varejao and tyler zeller

What exactly is impressive about the Mavs lineup?

Dirk and Ellis both averaged as much or more than Irving did last season and Irving was the only real threat on that team and he played in the weak ass Eastern Conference. The Mavs will have 3 or 4 players average as much a Irving does this next season. Irvings numbers should go down quite a bit this season with Lebron on the floor. Cleveland finished 16 games below .500 last season in that weak ass conference despite having the #1 overall pick in the draft 3 of the last 4 seasons and Dallas finished 16 games above .500 in the toughest division in the Western Conference. Dallas improved themselves significantly if Tyson Chandler is healthy and Parsons simply repeats last season. Cleveland also has no center to speak of. Varejao and Haywood combined wouldn't make one decent center. Cleveland is young with a lot of upside but "upside" doesn't win games. Performance on the court wins games and it's yet to be seen how quickly Wiggins will develop and what impact Lebron's presence will have on Irving. I would take the Mavs lineup over the Cavs next season for sure. I think Cleveland is probably 2 years away from seeing their full potential """"IF""""" they manage to keep it together that long. And remember, Cleveland has been a cellar deweller since Lebron left the first time and a winning attitude takes time. And last but not least: Cleveland has David Blatt for a coach. WHO???????? exactly. They hired a guy who has never coached a single day in American colleges or the NBA. His claim to fame is coaching in the monsterous basketball mecca of Israel................ LOL

carter08
07-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Irving averaged more points than Ellis last season. He averaged more assists than Ellis. He averaged a minute less a game than Ellis too. There is NO way anyone should say Ellis > Irving.

Also, Chandler Parsons is going to spend all his time clubbing & show up hungover & not be nearly as aggressive now that he has that 15m a year in hand. I liked an underpaid Parsons. An overpayed Parsons is the kind of guy who pulls a 2010 Ariza when asked to play up to the money.

Farmersfan
07-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Irving averaged more points than Ellis last season. He averaged more assists than Ellis. He averaged a minute less a game than Ellis too. There is NO way anyone should say Ellis > Irving.

Also, Chandler Parsons is going to spend all his time clubbing & show up hungover & not be nearly as aggressive now that he has that 15m a year in hand. I liked an underpaid Parsons. An overpayed Parsons is the kind of guy who pulls a 2010 Ariza when asked to play up to the money.

Ellis averaged 19.0 PPG, 5.7 APG and 3.6 RPG per 16.83 mins. Irving averaged 20.8 PPG, 6.1 APG and 3.6 RBG per 20.14 minutes of playing time. Ellis put up these numbers in the Western Conference on one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Ellis played in a dozen more games last season and scored 82 more points than Irving did. The only real difference between Ellis and Irving is who they did this against and how long they have been doing it. Irving is good and potentially could end up being one of the best in the league. But that is a future prediction. Will Lebron help him or hurt him? I like what Cleveland has done but all the Cleveland "Hype" is based on the projected development of players. And all this can be settled very simply: Let's just wait and see which team finishes with the best record!

Farmersfan
07-17-2014, 09:43 AM

And what has happened in the past to make you say this about Parsons. Did I miss something in his past?

Farmersfan
07-17-2014, 09:59 AM
And I also need to remind all you guys that THIS Cleveland Cavs team (minus Lebron James) won only 33 games in the Eastern Conference last season. It will take 20 wins more for them to even be in the mix for the conference title. Does Lebron improve them 20 games by himself? They lost over 3000 points from players they no longer have and replaced them with Lebron James and some rookies. If Lebron repeats last year(which he won't) he will bring 2089 points to the team so they will depend on the rookies to score 1000 points combined just to EQUAL last season when they finished 16 games below .500. Like I said, Cleveland is 2 years away from being a contender...

Saggy Aggie
07-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I'd take LeBron and Kyrie over dirk and Ellis any day of the week.

Is probably take the rest of the cavs roster too.

Yes they sucked last year, but they had only Kyrie trying to lead the team.

Add in another year, LeBron and wiggins (or love) and you immediately become the best team in the league IMO.

I'll just agree to disagree with you ff

Saggy Aggie
07-17-2014, 03:27 PM
And I also need to remind all you guys that THIS Cleveland Cavs team (minus Lebron James) won only 33 games in the Eastern Conference last season. It will take 20 wins more for them to even be in the mix for the conference title. Does Lebron improve them 20 games by himself? They lost over 3000 points from players they no longer have and replaced them with Lebron James and some rookies. If Lebron repeats last year(which he won't) he will bring 2089 points to the team so they will depend on the rookies to score 1000 points combined just to EQUAL last season when they finished 16 games below .500. Like I said, Cleveland is 2 years away from being a contender...

Yes LeBron makes them 20 games better. LeBron also makes every player on that team better. Wiggins will score plenty. They also added a shooter in mike miller.

Guarantee they finish better than the Mavs next year.

Txbroadcaster
07-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Yes LeBron makes them 20 games better. LeBron also makes every player on that team better. Wiggins will score plenty. They also added a shooter in mike miller.

Guarantee they finish better than the Mavs next year.

yes they will..because east is alot weaker then the west...and Wiggins will not be there

PhiI C
07-17-2014, 04:35 PM
If this happens I feel that Cleveland is making a big mistake in the long run.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-17/kevin-love-trade-rumors-cavaliers-lebron-james-andrew-wiggins-kyrie-irving-david-blatt

Saggy Aggie
07-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Regardless of conference, the cavs are better. If for no other reason, simply because of LeBron.

Saggy Aggie
07-18-2014, 08:05 AM
yes they will..because east is alot weaker then the west...and Wiggins will not be there
Well yeah, I've been speculating throughout this thread that wiggins will be dealt for klove eventually

Farmersfan
07-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Regardless of conference, the cavs are better. If for no other reason, simply because of LeBron.

Would you take the current Cavs roster over last season's Miami Heat roster? Only a moron would. But that Miami Heat team with Lebron James was only 6 games better than the Mavs and they played in the weak ass Eastern Conference. In fact the Mavs gave the NBA Champs a much tougher series than the Heat did and the Maverick have improved themselves substantially by signing a true center and Parsons. Only time will tell but I don't see the Cavs finishing better than the Mavs.... The last time the Mavs had a good center and a hot shooting guard they won a NBA title.......................

Saggy Aggie
07-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Would you take the current Cavs roster over last season's Miami Heat roster? Only a moron would. But that Miami Heat team with Lebron James was only 6 games better than the Mavs and they played in the weak ass Eastern Conference. In fact the Mavs gave the NBA Champs a much tougher series than the Heat did and the Maverick have improved themselves substantially by signing a true center and Parsons. Only time will tell but I don't see the Cavs finishing better than the Mavs.... The last time the Mavs had a good center and a hot shooting guard they won a NBA title.......................

Call me a moron then because I would take the Cavs right now over Miami's team last year any day of the week. Miami absolutely sucked outside of Lebron. If they didnt have him, they wouldnt have gotten out of the first round of the east.

IMO, Chris Bosh is the 2nd most overrated player in the league, only behind Carmelo.

Then DWade whos always hurt and is extremely average nowadays. Besides that, who'd they have? Chalmers? LOL Haslem? LOL

The cavs at least have one other true "superstar" to go along with Lebron now and he just scratched the surface last year.

They've got better role players than Miami had last year and the most talented young guy in the entire league in Wiggins. Theres a reason Minnesota wants him in return for Love.....

carter08
07-18-2014, 08:12 PM
I'd also take this Cavs team over last year's Miami team.

bd62
07-19-2014, 01:05 AM
If Cavs were in West they would be fighting for a playoff spot next year and if would be tough for them to make playoffs. . 2 yrs maybe make NBA finals in East. When Saggie Aggie says cavs could a force in both conferences he full of it. Think about West. Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Mempis, Portland,
Mavs, Golden State , Houston, Phoenix. 9 teams with winning records that play each other at least 3 times each . How in world could Cavs get thru that bunch next year. 8 seeded team in east hah 38 wins. West had 9 teams with winning records.

Saggy Aggie
07-19-2014, 08:52 AM
If Cavs were in West they would be fighting for a playoff spot next year and if would be tough for them to make playoffs. . 2 yrs maybe make NBA finals in East. When Saggie Aggie says cavs could a force in both conferences he full of it. Think about West. Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Mempis, Portland,
Mavs, Golden State , Houston, Phoenix. 9 teams with winning records that play each other at least 3 times each . How in world could Cavs get thru that bunch next year. 8 seeded team in east hah 38 wins. West had 9 teams with winning records.
Any team that has LeBron and Kyrie Irving on it can be the best team in the league

You guys are comparing this cavs team to last years cavs team and that's just a stupid comparison. Anytime you add LeBron and somebody like wiggins, you immediately become a force.

caleb_mccaig
07-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Any team that has LeBron and Kyrie Irving on it can be the best team in the league

You guys are comparing this cavs team to last years cavs team and that's just a stupid comparison. Anytime you add LeBron and somebody like wiggins, you immediately become a force.

I definitely think the Cavs are immediately the best team in the East. I also think they'll have a better record than Dallas but if somehow the Mavs played the Cavs in the ship (Wouldn't bet on that happening) I think the Mavs would be a match-up nightmare. The Mavs entire front court is at least two inches taller than Lebron and Varejao is not the player he used to be, and Monta and Devin Harris are both above average on defense and I think would limit Kyrie. Now if Cleveland got Love then that's a different story, but as of now they don't have him. The Mavs are not and have never been a star studded team, but it's because they don't have to be. Dirk leads them and Cuban fills the roster with above average players and decent role players. And if somehow those two did end up in the finals I think Dallas would win, it seems Lebron has issue when it comes to teams from Texas haha 2-1 in the finals.

The only reason I doubt the Cavs is because there isn't one player on that roster other than Lebron or Mike Miller who have ever won a game that meant anything. Kyrie has never been in the playoffs and Wiggins and Kansas busted in the tournament.

bd62
07-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I definitely think the Cavs are immediately the best team in the East. I also think they'll have a better record than Dallas but if somehow the Mavs played the Cavs in the ship (Wouldn't bet on that happening) I think the Mavs would be a match-up nightmare. The Mavs entire front court is at least two inches taller than Lebron and Varejao is not the player he used to be, and Monta and Devin Harris are both above average on defense and I think would limit Kyrie. Now if Cleveland got Love then that's a different story, but as of now they don't have him. The Mavs are not and have never been a star studded team, but it's because they don't have to be. Dirk leads them and Cuban fills the roster with above average players and decent role players. And if somehow those two did end up in the finals I think Dallas would win, it seems Lebron has issue when it comes to teams from Texas haha 2-1 in the finals.

The only reason I doubt the Cavs is because there isn't one player on that roster other than Lebron or Mike Miller who have ever won a game that meant anything. Kyrie has never been in the playoffs and Wiggins and Kansas busted in the tournament.

Agree- but Lebon is 3-1 in finals against Texas teams 2007 against spurs lost. 2011 Mavs lost. 2013 Spurs won. 2014 Spurs lost

Macarthur
07-19-2014, 09:28 PM
The problem is we don't know how good wiggins will be yet.

Tejastrue
07-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Agree- but Lebon is 3-1 in finals against Texas teams 2007 against spurs lost. 2011 Mavs lost. 2013 Spurs won. 2014 Spurs lost

1-3 :wave:

bd62
07-20-2014, 07:57 AM
1-3 :wave:

Tks. For correction. I meant 1-3.listed loses and wins right but messed up on first part.

carter08
07-20-2014, 08:25 PM

Right-- if Wiggins becomes the player he has the potential to be, keeping him might be the right choice, because he can be the primary perimeter defender & help LeBron last longer.

Farmersfan
07-21-2014, 08:07 AM

And this is exactly the problem with Aggie's projections. they are based on what "MIGHT" happen. Wiggins could potentially become a superstar overnight but most likely it will take a couple of years if it happens at all. But Aggie is just listening to those talking heads in the national media. I'm floored by the number of people picking the Cavs to be the cream of the East. I just don't see it. Anybody can say what they want to say but the Heat had NO success unless a couple of the support players around Lebron played lights out. We saw how mediocre they become in the championship when lebron is the only one playing well. BTW: I heard 2 separate ESPN talking heads over the weekend pick the Mavs as their sleeper team this season in the West. We deserve it for having to suffer through those damn Rangers......................

bd62
07-21-2014, 01:13 PM
And this is exactly the problem with Aggie's projections. they are based on what "MIGHT" happen. Wiggins could potentially become a superstar overnight but most likely it will take a couple of years if it happens at all. But Aggie is just listening to those talking heads in the national media. I'm floored by the number of people picking the Cavs to be the cream of the East. I just don't see it. Anybody can say what they want to say but the Heat had NO success unless a couple of the support players around Lebron played lights out. We saw how mediocre they become in the championship when lebron is the only one playing well. BTW: I heard 2 separate ESPN talking heads over the weekend pick the Mavs as their sleeper team this season in the West. We deserve it for having to suffer through those damn Rangers......................

Don't think they would be a sleeper team. When you are damn good in 2014 and you added 2 very good players you are one of the top 3 in West . So if they won the West I for one would not be that surprised.

Saggy Aggie
07-21-2014, 03:50 PM
LOL

We are now picking the Mavs in the west.

You just proved my point FF. The hear had NOONE besides LeBron yet made it to the finals....

The cavs have more than the heat did and it's not close

caleb_mccaig
07-21-2014, 04:44 PM
LOL

You just proved my point FF. The hear had NOONE besides LeBron yet made it to the finals....

I wouldn't go that far....Lebron averaged 27 points per game and Bosh added 16.2 and Wade another 19. All three shot 50%+ from the field.

The Cavs had Kyrie who averaged 20.8, Waiters at 15.9 and Deng at 14. I wouldn't assume that the Cleveland situation is better as of yet, but there's more promise there than in Miami.

Saggy Aggie
07-21-2014, 05:14 PM
2 guys on the decline versus 2 guys barely scratching the surface

caleb_mccaig
07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
2 guys on the decline versus 2 guys barely scratching the surface

I don't think entering your fourth season (Irving) is barely scratching the surface.....

Farmersfan
07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
LOL

Have you considered that the Cleveland Cavs dumped almost 4000 points scored last season in order to get Lebron. That was almost 1/2 of their entire scoring that is now gone. Lebron James and a couple of rookies with potential isn't going to make up those 4000 points. The Miami defense held the same Eastern conference opponents to 400 fewer points on the season than Cleveland did and Cleveland added Lebron and Mike Miller who are will NOT make the defense better. Cleveland will give up more points in 2015 and score fewer points! Bank it!

Farmersfan
07-22-2014, 10:22 AM
LOL

The Mavericks have improved their offense substantially in the off-season. If Marion stays they will have a much, much tougher defense to go with that. If Marion leaves I'm thinking the addition of Chandler is a wash on defense so the Mavs still improve by probably 10 games. That puts them as the 1st, 2nd or 3rd seed in the west.

carter08
07-22-2014, 11:46 AM
The Mavericks have improved their offense substantially in the off-season. If Marion stays they will have a much, much tougher defense to go with that. If Marion leaves I'm thinking the addition of Chandler is a wash on defense so the Mavs still improve by probably 10 games. That puts them as the 1st, 2nd or 3rd seed in the west.

You think Dallas is going to be better than San Antonio, Oklahoma City, & the Clippers? I could see an argument for them as the 4 seed (even though I don't think they will be), but adding Tyson Chandler & Chandler Parsons doesn't make them better than those top three.

Saggy Aggie
07-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Eh, agreed, but it's not like he played 3 full seasons. His 3 years barely amounts to 2 seasons worth of game.

But I expect him to really pick his game up playing alongside LeBron, as most everyone does

Saggy Aggie
07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Have you considered that the Cleveland Cavs dumped almost 4000 points scored last season in order to get Lebron. That was almost 1/2 of their entire scoring that is now gone. Lebron James and a couple of rookies with potential isn't going to make up those 4000 points. The Miami defense held the same Eastern conference opponents to 400 fewer points on the season than Cleveland did and Cleveland added Lebron and Mike Miller who are will NOT make the defense better. Cleveland will give up more points in 2015 and score fewer points! Bank it!

LeBron won't make the defense better? LOL

And now we've progressed to the cavs will give up more and score less, so they'll be even worse than before? LOL

caleb_mccaig
07-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Eh, agreed, but it's not like he played 3 full seasons. His 3 years barely amounts to 2 seasons worth of game.

But I expect him to really pick his game up playing alongside LeBron, as most everyone does

I'll agree there, he won't be marked as the #1 threat anymore.

Farmersfan
07-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Let's examine the completely FALSE statement that Lebron makes those around him better:

Ray Allen saw a big decline in production numbers when he moved from Boston to Miami to play with Lebron.
Shane Battier had 3 of his 4 worst scoring seasons in his career playing with Lebron in Miami.
Chris Bosh saw a 20% decrease in production when he moved to Miami to play with Lebron.
Udonis Haslem's production went down 75% when Lebron moved to Miami.
James Jones saw a drastic reduction in productivity when Lebron came to Miami.
D. Wade had 1 season at his career average with Lebron and 3 season's way below his career average.

These are only players with a history of several years without Lebron. The very idea that Kyrie Irving, Waiters, Thompson and Wiggins will all prosper playing with Lebron more so than without him is stupid. There are only so many points to go around. last season Irving and Waiters scored them-this season lebron will score them......

caleb_mccaig
07-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Let's examine the completely FALSE statement that Lebron makes those around him better:

Ray Allen saw a big decline in production numbers when he moved from Boston to Miami to play with Lebron.
Shane Battier had 3 of his 4 worst scoring seasons in his career playing with Lebron in Miami.
Chris Bosh saw a 20% decrease in production when he moved to Miami to play with Lebron.
D. Wade had 1 season at his career average with Lebron and 3 season's way below his career average.

These are only players with a history of several years without Lebron. The very idea that Kyrie Irving, Waiters, Thompson and Wiggins will all prosper playing with Lebron more so than without him is stupid. There are only so many points to go around. last season Irving and Waiters scored them-this season lebron will score them......

To say Lebron doesn't make those around him better IMO is false. He's the best overall player to ever play the game. Jordan was the best scorer and an overall better defender but he wasn't the passer Lebron is.

Through 11 seasons Lebron is #7 all time in Triple Doubles with 36, that's 17 more than Kobe has in his 17 year career.

Bosh saw a reduction in his points because he wasn't having to throw up 25 shots and never shot as high of a FG percentage as he did in Toronto and Wade's stats are getting worse and worse because he's knees are giving out. Almost all of the other guys mentioned are role players and are all 32+ years of age and have that title because their not known for being consistent with their numbers.

But I just heard on the radio that the Mavs mystery man in FA as of now is 39-year-old Ray Allen.......

carter08
07-22-2014, 03:25 PM

Did you know-- scoring is only one part of basketball???

Saggy Aggie
07-22-2014, 07:56 PM

Every player that you listed is on the downside of their career or took a lesser role to play for Miami since they already had 3 'stars'...

The idiocy and bias here is crazy

Saggy Aggie
07-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Did you know-- scoring is only one part of basketball???
Lol, no.... FF only knows what he wants to know, which are completely biased and loaded arguments

caleb_mccaig
07-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Just read an interesting piece about how Lebron apparently has photography memory and uses it all the time to remember where he's taken a shot out of a timeout, who he was guarding on a miscue on defense and even what teams his friends pick in Madden and how they play with said teams. If that's not creepy/psycho competitive and smart I don't know what is. Some guys just get all the luck.

Farmersfan
07-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Lol, no.... FF only knows what he wants to know, which are completely biased and loaded arguments

The constant crying about loaded arguments and biased opinions makes you look petty and small. What stat do you want me to look at? Your call...............................

Saggy Aggie
07-23-2014, 07:39 PM
I don't have time to look at in depth #s because I have a life that I have to tend to. However, common sense and just watching games is enough to know that LeBron makes his teammates better.

Wins, I would say is pretty important stat though.

But, sure. The cavs will score less and give up more points this year. LeBron makes his teammates worse

Farmersfan
07-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't have time to look at in depth #s because I have a life that I have to tend to. However, common sense and just watching games is enough to know that LeBron makes his teammates better.

Wins, I would say is pretty important stat though.

But, sure. The cavs will score less and give up more points this year. LeBron makes his teammates worse

Well we will just have to wait and see. I predict that Lebron makes the Cavs about 13 games better which would probably give them the 2nd or 3rd seed in the horrible East since Miami is going to fall a lot.
But since it appears the Cavs will end up with Kevin Love then none of this really matters. I think Love would put the Cavs over the top and make them competitive with any of the Western Conference teams.

bd62
07-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Well we will just have to wait and see. I predict that Lebron makes the Cavs about 13 games better which would probably give them the 2nd or 3rd seed in the horrible East since Miami is going to fall a lot.
But since it appears the Cavs will end up with Kevin Love then none of this really matters. I think Love would put the Cavs over the top and make them competitive with any of the Western Conference teams.

Don't know much about the Cavs except they got Lebron and possibly Love ,and off bench Miller. That makes them very competive in East. But my question is do they have the depth to play with the top teams in West. Spurs is by far best bench in NBA but other West teams will work hard to get deeper to stay with Spurs.

Farmersfan
07-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Don't know much about the Cavs except they got Lebron and possibly Love ,and off bench Miller. That makes them very competive in East. But my question is do they have the depth to play with the top teams in West. Spurs is by far best bench in NBA but other West teams will work hard to get deeper to stay with Spurs.

With the signing of Jameer Nelson and Al-Farouq Aminu as a defensive specialist I think the Mavs have moved way, way, way up the ladder in the West. If they somehow manage to keep Shawn Marion to come off the bench it's on like Donkey Kong! The Dallas bench was #1 in the NBA 2 season's ago and was BARELY behind San Antonio's bench for #1 again last season. The gap between the Spurs and the Mavs was closed tremendously over the last couple of weeks................... Should be a fun season!

Saggy Aggie
07-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Apparently you're extremely impressed with Dallas' signings. I'm not.

Guess we'll see like you said.

Buncha washed up dudes. Shawn Marion still plays basketball???

Farmersfan
07-28-2014, 09:11 AM

The Mavs will have a top 5 offense. And as mentioned in this Power Rankings piece could be top 10 defensively if Chandler stays healthy. (that could be a big IF). They have them ranked #4 in the entire NBA. I personally don't see the Spurs and Thunder continuing their dominance in the West.
http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

caleb_mccaig
07-28-2014, 09:51 AM

A bunch of washed up dudes who almost sent the NBA champions home a month early.

I'm curious, who is washed up? Dirk, Monta, Parsons, Chandler (when healthy), and Harris are not washed up whatsoever and I anticipate that will be the starting five. We voided Rashard Lewis' contract and we added 32-year-old Jameer Nelson. I don't consider 32-years-old to be washed up, but if thats your way of thinking then I guess 3/4 of this forum is "washed up". If you look at their roster the oldest guy is Dirk and the next oldest are Chandler and Jameer, so I'm confused when you say a bunch of washed up old guys.

Saggy Aggie
07-28-2014, 12:35 PM
A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then....

Jameer Nelson is washed up and hardly worth mentioning. Marion, washed up. Do you guys still have Vince carter? Lol

Tyson chandler, borderline washed up.

Dirk is on the downside of his career.

Devin Harris? I guess he's still okay?

caleb_mccaig
07-28-2014, 01:23 PM
A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then....

Jameer Nelson is washed up and hardly worth mentioning. Marion, washed up. Do you guys still have Vince carter? Lol

Tyson chandler, borderline washed up.

Dirk is on the downside of his career.

Devin Harris? I guess he's still okay?

Jameer Nelson I will admit is not as good as he once was, but he is still a threat from beyond the arc and is ok on defense so it's an upgrade from Calderon. But Marion may not be back with Dallas and Vince signed with Memphis. Dirk maybe on the downside, but he'll still average 18-25 this year if he stays healthy.

I won't go as far to say that we're going to win the west or anything lol, but I think we can be a top 5 team in the west.

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Marion will not be back.

icu812
07-28-2014, 06:09 PM
The Mavs upgraded at the SF (Parsons) and C (Chandler) positions. At PG Jose C. wasn't playing at the end of games anyway due to his lack of defense. Nelson may not be an upgrade from a talent standpoint but he is a better fit. Dirk has declined a little but is still effective. Overall this is an upgraded roster and with the Mavs coaching staff they are a threat to win another championship if they stay healthy.

Jameer Nelson
Monta Ellis
Chandler Parson
Dirk
Tyson Chandler

I think those will be your starters backed up by:

Ramond Felton
Devin Harris
Richard Jefferson
Brandan Wright
Greg Smith

Defensive specialists:

Al-Farouq Aminu
Jae Crowder

Bench depth:

Gal Mekel
Ricky Ledo
?? some vet center for the minimum

I also wouldn't be surprised if Cuban makes a trade involving Wright & Felton for another G with some more length.

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Harris will be starter IMO..Nelson and Felton( if he is actually trying) will be a solid 2nd team 2 guard rotation

icu812
07-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Harris will be starter IMO..Nelson and Felton( if he is actually trying) will be a solid 2nd team 2 guard rotation

I agree Harris is the better player but I think he will play some back up SG for Ellis and then finish games at PG. As the roster now stands they do not have a proven back SG unless they give R.Jefferson or Parsons some time at SG. IMO Harris is the best option, like Ellis he is good getting in the lane setting up the outside shooters and gives the second unit another scoring threat. Should be a fun season to be a Mavs fan.

bd62
07-30-2014, 12:11 AM
I agree Harris is the better player but I think he will play some back up SG for Ellis and then finish games at PG. As the roster now stands they do not have a proven back SG unless they give R.Jefferson or Parsons some time at SG. IMO Harris is the best option, like Ellis he is good getting in the lane setting up the outside shooters and gives the second unit another scoring threat. Should be a fun season to be a Mavs fan.

Mavs will be scary good and will be hungry . Spurs want get them first round this time. Hopely in western finals and it will be another war. I a Spurs fan but it they don't make it I be pulling for Mavs. Many good teams in West so anything can happen. Spurs will be favorites but they will hands full.

Saggy Aggie
08-07-2014, 09:23 AM

I don't wanna say I called it, but I called it.

Wiggins and Bennett (plus 2015 1st) to Minnesota for Kevin love.

Apparently he will sign a 5 yr 120MM contract....

Saggy Aggie
08-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Mavs will be scary good and will be hungry . Spurs want get them first round this time. Hopely in western finals and it will be another war. I a Spurs fan but it they don't make it I be pulling for Mavs. Many good teams in West so anything can happen. Spurs will be favorites but they will hands full.

Mavs are gonna suck.

PhiI C
08-07-2014, 10:26 AM

Saggy Aggie I think this will be good for Cleveland in the short run but I think in the long run they will regret not keeping Wiggins. What do you think?

Saggy Aggie
08-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Idk, I thought this years draft class was pretty weak. If wiggins turns out to be better than klove in his own respect, I'll be somewhat surprised. Cleveland needed a guy to help them win now, not in a couple years

caleb_mccaig
08-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Saggy Aggie I think this will be good for Cleveland in the short run but I think in the long run they will regret not keeping Wiggins. What do you think?

In the short run? Kevin Love is 25 and is about to start the prime of his career.

In the NBA a GM will take a 25 year old who is a top 10 player in the league over a guy who wasn't even supposed to be the top draft pick any day of the week.

Farmersfan
11-06-2014, 11:21 AM

Cleveland ranks #20 in the NBA overall at this point of the new season. It's still early but they are scoring 96 a game this season compared to 98 last season. They are giving up exactly the same number of points at 101 a game. And they are 1-3 on the season. Nothing about the collection of talent in Cleveland is looking very impressive at this point. I hate to say it but right now I'm saying "I told you so!". And my predictions about the Mavs are also spot on. The Mavs are 3-1 and their only loss was a 1 point loss in San Antonio. The Mavs are the #1 offensive in the NBA with a average of 111 points a game. Everything about this Mavs team appears to be working really well. They have a very dominating starting 5 with one of the best benches in the NBA. I suspect there might some records broken this season on their way to a NBA title!!

coach
11-06-2014, 11:27 AM

So did everyone else in America. You act like tou made a bold prediction. And why do you think the Mavs will suck?

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Cleveland ranks #20 in the NBA overall at this point of the new season. It's still early but they are scoring 96 a game this season compared to 98 last season. They are giving up exactly the same number of points at 101 a game. And they are 1-3 on the season. Nothing about the collection of talent in Cleveland is looking very impressive at this point. I hate to say it but right now I'm saying "I told you so!". And my predictions about the Mavs are also spot on. The Mavs are 3-1 and their only loss was a 1 point loss in San Antonio. The Mavs are the #1 offensive in the NBA with a average of 111 points a game. Everything about this Mavs team appears to be working really well. They have a very dominating starting 5 with one of the best benches in the NBA. I suspect there might some records broken this season on their way to a NBA title!!

The 3rd Q is an issue they have to fix

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 01:55 PM

Depends on if they can win a championship now or not. If they do, they won't regret it

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 01:57 PM
So did everyone else in America. You act like tou made a bold prediction. And why do you think the Mavs will suck?

the timing was the important thing.

And because everything in Dallas sucks

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Lol, 4 games in...

If I recall, the heat didn't start out too well when LeBron first arrived there either but how'd that turn out?

99IHSMustang
11-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Lol, 4 games in...

If I recall, the heat didn't start out too well when LeBron first arrived there either but how'd that turn out?

That honestly goes for all teams. Now if we were already at the all-star break then you have something to hang your hat on.

icu812
11-06-2014, 03:08 PM
I have to say the Mavs have been impressive considering they basically have a new team. My only concern is perimeter defense. They will get better defensively but I still think they need an top notch wing defender, maybe Aminu is that player but so far idk. Still though if the Mavs stay healthy they are a legit threat this year. Never should have let Tyson Chandler go, he's the perfect center for the Mavs system.

Got sick of the endless media coverage of LeBron years ago. I don't care what LeBron is doing in Cleveland. I hope they have about as much success as the dumpster fire that is the Lakers.

coach
11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
the timing was the important thing.

And because everything in Dallas sucks

If Dallas evertything in Dallas sucks, I am eager to know what Houston is. I'd kill my self if I was a fan of Houston anything. When was the last time a sports team was relevant? The Houston Dynamo?

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 07:15 PM
It's not all about sports. Houston has saltwater fishing, a great economy and most importantly, the energy corridor. Dallas is loaded with douches, overrated sports teams and liberals.

:-)

coach
11-07-2014, 10:39 AM
It's not all about sports. Houston has saltwater fishing, a great economy and most importantly, the energy corridor. Dallas is loaded with douches, overrated sports teams and liberals.

:-)

They might be overrated, but at least we are good enough to be rated. Besides, Houston is dirty, way too crowded and the saltwater you speak of has more pollution than actual sea salt.

Farmersfan
01-06-2015, 04:09 PM
I'd take LeBron and Kyrie over dirk and Ellis any day of the week.

Is probably take the rest of the cavs roster too.

Yes they sucked last year, but they had only Kyrie trying to lead the team.

Add in another year, LeBron and wiggins (or love) and you immediately become the best team in the league IMO.

I'll just agree to disagree with you ff

Just thought I would rehash this nonsense you were spewing early on about the Cleveland Cavs................
Any chance in hell you still think Cleveland is "The Best Team in the League"?

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Just thought I would rehash this nonsense you were spewing early on about the Cleveland Cavs................
Any chance in hell you still think Cleveland is "The Best Team in the League"?

Not yet.

Dallas has gotten quite a bit better due to a trade since this discussion took place.

I think dallas went from near the bottom of the league in defense to #1.

Let's see if the trade the cavs just made will help them out as much.

Even the heat didn't gel right away. Give them more than half a season.

Farmersfan
01-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Not yet.

Dallas has gotten quite a bit better due to a trade since this discussion took place.

I think dallas went from near the bottom of the league in defense to #1.

Let's see if the trade the cavs just made will help them out as much.

Even the heat didn't gel right away. Give them more than half a season.

I even said the Cavs were 2 years away as well as tell you Dallas was one of the top teams in the league. That was before the Rondo trade but after Dallas had made all their preseason moves. Rondo might just make Dallas #1 or #2 in the league depending on whether they can find a backup for Tyson. Smith is not the answer. But I will backtrack a little bit on our Rockets conversation. I actually like what Houston has done overall. They are much more competitive than i expected. I'm not real sure I like Josh Smith for the Rockets but maybe a new city will help him. I think J. Terry and Brewer were good bench players for them to bring in.
What do you make of Detroit's big time improvement after they cut Josh Smith? 6-0 since Smith was cut.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 06:44 PM
I even said the Cavs were 2 years away as well as tell you Dallas was one of the top teams in the league. That was before the Rondo trade but after Dallas had made all their preseason moves. Rondo might just make Dallas #1 or #2 in the league depending on whether they can find a backup for Tyson. Smith is not the answer. But I will backtrack a little bit on our Rockets conversation. I actually like what Houston has done overall. They are much more competitive than i expected. I'm not real sure I like Josh Smith for the Rockets but maybe a new city will help him. I think J. Terry and Brewer were good bench players for them to bring in.
What do you make of Detroit's big time improvement after they cut Josh Smith? 6-0 since Smith was cut.

I don't make much of short term successes or declines

I think Josh Smith is a good player but itll take him time to find his role.

Saggy Aggie
02-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Don't look now FF but Cleveland is finding their groove and Dallas is 5-5 in their last 10.....

Let's see how this finishes....

coach
02-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Don't look now FF but Cleveland is finding their groove and Dallas is 5-5 in their last 10.....

Let's see how this finishes....

Meh. 5-5 with 3 of their starters hurt. It's February. I will say Cleveland looks like the favorite by far in the east. I would like to see a Golden State vs. Cleveland Finals. man that would be fun to watch.

Saggy Aggie
02-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Meh. 5-5 with 3 of their starters hurt. It's February. I will say Cleveland looks like the favorite by far in the east. I would like to see a Golden State vs. Cleveland Finals. man that would be fun to watch.

Honestly hadn't paid attention to the details. Just saw Cleveland closing the gap in the standings and figured I'd rattle FF's cage

coach
02-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Honestly hadn't paid attention to the details. Just saw Cleveland closing the gap in the standings and figured I'd rattle FF's cage

Yea, Cleveland is playing great and has been since Lebron came back from injury. If they play like this in May and June they will make the finals

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2015, 07:07 PM
If the Rockets don't manage to get Rondo or another big time player they will be crying in their spilled milk come next season. Based on what has happened so far they have gone from being a top contender to being a probably no chance type team in just a few short weeks.

How'd this along with your Mavs and cavs argument go ff?????

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
How'd this along with your Mavs and cavs argument go ff?????

????????????

Saggy Aggie
06-08-2015, 09:52 PM
I encourage you guys to go back and read this thread and laugh at how completely ignorant ff is.

The biggest slap in the face for ff is if LeBron wins another title without Kyrie and klove while Dallas got smoked in the first round completely healthy LOL

Even if he doesn't win it, he still shut farmersfan's ass up