PDA

View Full Version : ***3ADownLow, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!***

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 01:18 PM
OK Down Low, I've got a problem. I've run into a prior engagement this weekend that I cannot get out of, and will be forced to miss my beloved Bellville's game vs. Huffman. The real problem comes in when deciding what to do with my lucky boxers, that I wear to EVERY game. I need your help, which ever option recieves the most votes is the option I will choose.

What should Bellville22 do with his lucky boxers?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Only if your roommate wears them on his head. :D

Bull's-eye
11-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Hey Bellville22, how far away will you be? What's the range of lucky boxers? I need to know this to make my vote. LOL

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Cozemel, wherever that is? All I know is Mexico somewhere.

BrahmaMom: if you'd like to post your input on here, or send me a PM, feel free, I could use your motherly advice, I know my mom will give me her input.

sinfan75
11-17-2003, 01:36 PM
What happens if your roomate wears em and they get an accidental stain that won't wash out.Would you still wear em.That's sick ain't it. :D

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2003, 01:37 PM
That's why his roommate needs to wear them on his head. wink

sinfan75
11-17-2003, 01:38 PM
:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
11-17-2003, 01:38 PM
If they are YOUR lucky boxers, then they are only lucky on you!! WEAR 'EM!!!

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Ranger Mom:
If they are YOUR lucky boxers, then they are only lucky on you!! WEAR 'EM!!!You bring up an excellent point Ranger Mom. Man, moms sure are smart :D

PPHSfan
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
I would take your lucky boxers and put them in a nice gift box. Then I would send them to the girlfriend of your biggest baddest defensive player, and put the Quarterback of Huffman Hargraves' return address on the UPS package.

This, I feel would be the best way for you to put your lucky boxers to good use.

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Now y'all are getting creative. eek!

Bull's-eye
11-17-2003, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PPHSfan:
[QB]I would take your lucky boxers and put them in a nice gift box. Then I would send them to the girlfriend of your biggest baddest defensive player, and put the Quarterback of Huffman Hargraves' return address on the UPS package.

This would work this week, but could you get them back for future games?

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 02:12 PM
My question is: Will you be in the same time zone? If you are, then I say wear 'em and let 'em do their magic. :p

vet93
11-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Having utilized the power of the lucky underwear for years, I can tell you that their power is not limited by mere distance. Those lucky boxers would still have all of their potency even if you were living in Australia! Therefore....wear those babies and assure good ole Bellville the win!

hornsfootball
11-17-2003, 02:24 PM
I agree with Rangermom, you have to wear them. The magic and luck only works on you. By bestowing them on someone else you jinx the magical power of the boxers. The hidden force inside them will only be activated by you, no one else. May the force be with you.

P.S. how long you have you been wearing these lucky boxers? Don't tell me since your playing days, although i would not be surprised.

sinton66
11-17-2003, 02:24 PM
I say consult with your team captains and see if you can get them to put'em on a pole and chase the guy that runs back and forth with the flag after each score. Failing that, the next best alternative is to ask Brahma73 to attach a "flagpole" to the uppermost handrail of the bleachers on your side of the field. That way, they can wave proudly above your cheering crowd and serve as a constant reminder of your spirit and dedication. wink

fullhouse
11-17-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm in agreement that it has to be YOU wearing them too ~ But I also think that you must be at the game. I'll be happy to PM my address so you can send your airline ticket to me... It's the least I can do. :D The Brahmas success depends on it.... think about it....

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 03:04 PM
I've been to Cozmel, trust me Don't wear any at all, you won't need them, and the Brahmas won't need them. :D

reptard7isCRAZY
11-17-2003, 03:07 PM
send them with somebody that you usually sit by and have them put the boxers in the seat you would be sitting in and not let anyone sit there.

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 03:24 PM
fullhouse:
I'm in agreement that it has to be YOU wearing them too ~ But I also think that you must be at the game. I'll be happy to PM my address so you can send your airline ticket to me... It's the least I can do. :D The Brahmas success depends on it.... think about it....That's tempting, fullhouse. And beleive me, if this wasn't a family engagement, I'd send it to you in a second. Amazing how 3 hours of Texas High School Football can outweigh a weekend in Cozemel (how is it spelled, anyway?)

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Dang, I wrote a great post and somehow it didn't make it to the board. I told you you shouldn't go toa place you can't spell, first off. I voted for the roommate to wear them (clean of course, do I know him or her?). Then, after horns persuasive argument(nice writing horns, college is paying off--just don't forget to study!)I changed my vote. I had forgotten the importance of lucky boxers first taught to me by my oldest, whose own near and dear lucky boxers were in shreds by graduation! No matter where I threw them out, the child who noticed nothing would locate and rescue them (not taking out the trash they were in!). My first choice would be to forgo the family vacation and be a true Brahma fan; heck, let fullhouse go since she offered and she'd like your family. That not seeming to be your option and with horns argument at hand, I next vote that your dad install a flagpole prior to leaving for said vacation and they can be flown with Brahma pride over the field at the game. Third choice, the Brahma can wear them! But for goodness sakes, please wear them in Cozumel.

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 04:08 PM
hornsfootball:

P.S. how long you have you been wearing these lucky boxers? Don't tell me since your playing days, although i would not be surprised.No, hasn't been that long. This is only the 2nd year. The only time I didn't wear them last year was to the Bandera game :mad: We all remember how that turned out. I left them in College Station when I packed for the weekend, and had no way of getting them in time. Now I hope everyone understands the severity of this problem.

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 04:17 PM
BrahmaMom: Thanks for the input. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid forgoing the family vacation is NOT an option. 73 and I are not all that fond walking around w/ bruises covering 90% of our bodies for the next several weeks, and even worse than that, we certainly cannot deal with "the look", which would be constant for around 4-5 months (and it's a darn good "look" too eek! )

My fellow Down Lowers have come up with some terrific ideas, some of them took quite a bit of thought. However, I think the argument for me to just wear them in Coza...Coze...Cozm...Mexico is winning. I missed a game or two early this year (excellent reasons for all, at other/better games, and then for one there was this girl...but we won't get into that :D ), and just wore them away from it. I was just concerned with the whole distance thing, but I think I'm convinced that no distance can overcome the power of the lucky boxers.

crzyjournalist03
11-17-2003, 04:22 PM
just one question: Do you wash the lucky boxers or are you superstitious about them and clean them only after the season?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Cozumel.

pirate4state
11-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Important question: WHY did you plan or agree to a family vacation in NOVEMBER??? Texas High School Football is never over (even IF your team is no longer playing) until December!! Guess your stuck buddy, and I think you should wear the boxers. Try & have a good time in Cozumel, but remember not to drink the water. eek! :D eek!

Ranger Mom
11-17-2003, 05:25 PM
crzyjournalist03:
just one question: Do you wash the lucky boxers or are you superstitious about them and clean them only after the season?Oh please, please don't answer that question. I would hate to have to change my answer from "WEAR 'EM" to "BURN THE FILTHY SOB's"
:D

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 05:57 PM
pirate4state:
Important question: WHY did you plan or agree to a family vacation in NOVEMBER??? Texas High School Football is never over (even IF your team is no longer playing) until December!! Guess your stuck buddy, and I think you should wear the boxers. Try & have a good time in Cozumel, but remember not to drink the water. eek! :D eek! Take that up with Brahma73.

As for the wash question, yes they are allowed to be cleaned, and I do so regularly.

crzyjournalist03
11-17-2003, 06:10 PM
whew...I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

sinton66
11-17-2003, 06:17 PM
I might go to the game in your place, but I won't wear or even handle the boxers. Sorry, that's out of the question. wink

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
As for the boxers in question, I wouldn't be afraid to handle them(I have lots of experience) and I'd get 'em cleaner than they'd been in years--smellin' good, too. However, since you brought up a girl earlier, I have a bit of motherly advice for you, if I might be so bold: Keep those suckers (or something similar) on while in Cozumel; if you think the water can make you sick.....Just make sure THE boxers are on Friday night, and don't go for a swim till the darn game is OVER! Now I understand what happened with Bandera last year; and they thought they were the better team!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2003, 09:13 PM
I agree, why plan a trip during football season, the only trips to plan are week by week high school football road trips, what were you thinking? If you stay you are a die hard fan. I say were going to win even if you not there so if you go, its not your underwear that won the game. Have fun in the sun, I heard Joe Millionares left overs are in Cozemel. :D

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 09:48 PM
More motherly advice: Be careful of Joe's leftovers! Just snorkel or scuba dive or something safe!! When do you leave?

Bellville22
11-18-2003, 01:07 AM
ttt

Waiting for you to jump in on this Brahma73.

hornsfootball
11-18-2003, 01:32 AM
now i know why we lost to bandera. i've been looking for someone to blame. by posting that comment you just became bellville's public enemy #1.

BrahmaMom
11-18-2003, 07:54 AM
Now, horns, he's not public enemy #1, but we DO understand that game better now; I KNEW that wasn't the real Brahmas on the field. We all know who to blame, that's always a help. Now he takes those lucky underwear out of the country during the play-offs....What're the Brahmas to do?

Rabdad
11-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Are you crazy?
Send the roomate to Cozumel.
Wear the boxers to the game, and you can even drink the water.

BrahmaMom
11-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Whoa, Rabdad, GREAT idea.

Bellville22
11-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Rabdad:
Are you crazy?
Send the roomate to Cozumel.
Wear the boxers to the game, and you can even drink the water.I've discussed this in an earlier post. If this wasn't a family thing, I'd send him in a second.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY out of this for me. It hurts, I'm just trying to make the best of the situation and do with my boxers what's best for the Brahmas.

BrahmaMom
11-18-2003, 09:56 PM
At least you are doing the most honorable thing with those boxers. I agree with you, we'll win by a lot, pretty much anyway. No excuses from here on out, though. I expect you and 73 in those stands the remainder of the season, do you understand? You go with my(gulp)blessing to Cozumel this week, but that is your last excused absence in 2003! Have fun, be careful (no, they are NOT mutually exclusive, contrary to what some of my boys believe!) and don't miss the return flight!

Brahma73
11-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Wow! I love watching you squirm, 22! :rolleyes: By the way, the person with "the look" said it's your choice whether you go or not. Now if you believe that, then you're brave enough to answer "do these pants make me look fat?"; or to take advantage of "no, I don't mind at all if you go out drinking with all your guy friends - I'll be fine!" What I'm trying to say is this: DON'T BE SUIDICAL eek! But only you and I truly understand this whole situation. It'll be a blast! The Bulls will win!

Oh yeah. If I catch you walking down the beach in those boxers, I swear I'll sell pictures for years! I'm not ready for you to come out of THAT closet.

BrahmaMom, he can't spell Aldine either. You shouldn't ban him from any place he can't spell. He's been to places with a lot tougher names to spell than Cozumel, and fortunately nobody's enforced the no spell rule. We're all just proud he can spell our family's last name!

Now for the superstition idea. I've known this guy for literally all his life. His superstition is genetic. I totally relate to it. We don't step on lines - any of them. We always sit in the same place in the dugout when we coach. We don't wash our caps. Socks are sacred. I promise you all this: on Friday night between the hours of 7:30 and 10:00 p.m., he WILL be in contact with the holy boxers (no, not holey, you morons!) I've seen this guy's predictions and how he has a knack for knowing when to be "concerned." He has this going for him: He knows I know better on these matters. Cut the guy some slack. Football may be life, but missing this trip would be death eek!

GO BULLS! ROCK THE FALCONS! (for Bellville22 :rolleyes: )

Bellville22
11-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the backup, 73. It's about time I got some help one here.

Yes, I am certainly smart enough to see through the "death trap" option on Cozumel.

And from 7:30 to 10:00, I will certainly be in contact with those boxers. The Down Low has spoken, and that's what they voted. For much of that time, i'll probably be on the phone as well. Getting play-by-play if needed, but hopefully the Bulls will have breathing room, and I won't need it.

Have the margaritas ready, cause you know I'm gonna need to calm some nerves Friday night.

Go Bulls! One game at a time!

Brahma73
11-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Don't worry, Donna's in charge of booze and Cliff is in charge of broads.

BrahmaMom
11-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Now I know where the oldest sone got the "don't wash the hat" superstition! I knew that was not from ME! Can we make sure 22 is focused on the game and not some "broad" Friday night, 73? I want to know he's keeping up, from afar, though I don't think he needs to be in the cell phone the entire game. But if he gets "concerned"-and Lord, that makes me nervous when he does--he can use more minutes! Please, each of you have a margarita for me, esp. on Friday. Have fun!

Hottogo
11-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Let one of the cheerleaders wear them, or better yet let the head coach wear them!

Bellville22
11-19-2003, 12:52 PM
BrahmaMom:
Now I know where the oldest sone got the "don't wash the hat" superstition! I knew that was not from ME! Can we make sure 22 is focused on the game and not some "broad" Friday night, 73? I want to know he's keeping up, from afar, though I don't think he needs to be in the cell phone the entire game. But if he gets "concerned"-and Lord, that makes me nervous when he does--he can use more minutes! Please, each of you have a margarita for me, esp. on Friday. Have fun!Don't worry, BrahmaMom, Friday night I will be focused squarely on what's taking place back in north Houston, TX. There isn't a woman in the world who could break my concentration (perhaps Halle Berry eek! , but doubtful). My sister picked up a phone card, and my aunt also got me one, so I won't have to run up the cell phone bill. My aunt even has a person stationed to watch the phone, to make sure one of my calls isn't missed. The boxers will be on, the margarita in hand, and everything will be taken care of come Friday night. I might even give you a call, but you have to promise you won't yell at me :D

Brahma73
11-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Bellville22:

BrahmaMom:
Now I know where the oldest sone got the "don't wash the hat" superstition! I knew that was not from ME! Can we make sure 22 is focused on the game and not some "broad" Friday night, 73? I want to know he's keeping up, from afar, though I don't think he needs to be in the cell phone the entire game. But if he gets "concerned"-and Lord, that makes me nervous when he does--he can use more minutes! Please, each of you have a margarita for me, esp. on Friday. Have fun!There isn't a woman in the world who could break my concentration (perhaps Halle Berry eek! , but doubtful). You're kidding, right?

BrahmaMom
11-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Sometimes, 73, it's best just to let us moms believe those white lies. But I believe the boy, not much comes between him and the Brahmas. I promise I won't yell, 22, unless we are behind and I feel it would be different with you here. The games are over two hours, please have two margaritas, one for you, one for me, I'll need it!