PDA

View Full Version : Will Emmitt break the record this year?

Titans
09-10-2002, 07:45 AM
With the lack of passing game, defenses will stack the line and take away the only true threat the Cowboys have.

With that in mind, what is your take on the question above?

Bulldog92
09-10-2002, 08:01 AM
He will. It will take a bit longer than originally thought. It's gonna be tough sledding anyway the next 3 weeks against the Titans, Eagles, and Rams. They should be 0-4 by the end of that stretch. I hate to say that, but it sure does look that way.

SintonFan
09-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
He will. It will take a bit longer than originally thought. It's gonna be tough sledding anyway the next 3 weeks against the Titans, Eagles, and Rams. They should be 0-4 by the end of that stretch. I hate to say that, but it sure does look that way.

I gotta agree with you Bulldog92. Emmitt won't break the record until week 8-12. I hope I'm wrong but it looks that way. Cowboys can easily be 0-5. All my optimism was dashed Sunday night.

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
09-10-2002, 10:40 AM
It's funny how my optimism turned to total disgust. I was in shock, thought the wife would take me to the hospital, but I calmed down when I saw Jerry Jones and realized that the bad dream continues.

SintonFan
09-10-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by HSFOOTBALLROCKS:
It's funny how my optimism turned to total disgust. I was in shock, thought the wife would take me to the hospital, but I calmed down when I saw Jerry Jones and realized that the bad dream continues.

LOL...

eye of the tiger
09-10-2002, 04:12 PM
I think he will break it, but it will be harder because of the lack of a passing game. Teams that know we cant throw the ball will be able to focus even more on Smith than they already do.

duckbutter
09-10-2002, 04:15 PM
If a feature back in the NFL can't get 500 yds in a season then he doesn't deserve the title.

Titans
09-11-2002, 10:00 AM
You are correct in that assessment, however, Emmitt is NOT a feature back. That was proven time and time again. It's time for him to hang up his shoes. At least do so the evening after he breaks the record, thus making all non-football fans believe he is the best back of all time.

The debate continues, but I'll take the following on my team before Emmitt:

Walter Payton
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Gale Sayers

duckbutter
09-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Just think what Barry Sanders could have done if he hadn't retired. He would have set the mark so high that i doubt anyone wouled have ever past it.

Chris Hart
09-11-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter:
Just think what Barry Sanders could have done if he hadn't retired. He would have set the mark so high that i doubt anyone wouled have ever past it.Just think what Eric Dickerson would have done had he kept his head on straight.

sinton66
09-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Say whatever you want about Emmitt. He didn't get all those yards by accident. I'm sure the opposition didn't huddle up before the games and decide to give him xxx yards rushing that day. And EVERY one of you HAVE to admit he has always done it with nothing but CLASS! He certainly doesn't need ME to defend him, but I'd volunteer for it anyway.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 11, 2002).]

duckbutter
09-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Emmit was a great rb and still is. The man does have class and is very humble about his achievments. Ol #22 would be more productive if Dallas could throw the ball. This will be Emmits last yr as a Cowboy one way or another, hide and watch. He will retire or Jone will screw him.

Titans
09-11-2002, 01:46 PM
#22 is one of the classiest men in the NFL, always has been and will continue to be a great family man and team man.

Nonetheless, his playing days are over. He got his glory by running behind men that could move a mountain, plus a fullback which I'd consider to be one of the best of all-time.

Emmitt could not run over people like Walter, run around people and make them miss like Barry. No, Emmitt followed blocks like no other.

Is he the greatest? NOT EVEN CLOSE! But that depends on who you're asking!!!