Matthew328
06-29-2014, 09:29 PM
https://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1655033

lostaussie
06-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Which one is the "group of death"

Rabid Cougar
06-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Watch out for China Spring in Pool H. YES... They are playing this year. :cheerl:

caleb_mccaig
06-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Watch out for China Spring in Pool H. YES... They are playing this year. :cheerl:

I'm still bitter we never played.

GobblersUnite
06-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Pool L in DII...
Cuero, Boerne, Gilmer and Sweetwater. Should be plenty of speed there!

Rabid Cougar
06-30-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm still bitter we never played.

They are quite good this year. Surprisingly fast. Have beaten Midway,Robinson and Lorena the past two weeks in league.

caleb_mccaig
06-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Does anybody know where a schedule of game times is? Or will that not be out until next week?

Yoe_09
06-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Does anybody know where a schedule of game times is? Or will that not be out until next week?

You will find it at the bottom of this page: http://www.texas7on7.com/division-ii-pools.html

caleb_mccaig
06-30-2014, 12:33 PM
You will find it at the bottom of this page: http://www.texas7on7.com/division-ii-pools.html

Thanks. Anyone planning on going? I just got the word that I'll be there for work.

Cam
06-30-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/180830

Rabid Cougar
06-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks. Anyone planning on going? I just got the word that I'll be there for work.

Cullen is working at the tournement.

buckeyebob
06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
The Gilmer contingency will be arriving Thursday early

Matthew328
06-30-2014, 09:23 PM
There really isn't a group of death this year IMO...pools are pretty even....

Here's my pre-tournament rankings...I'll have plenty more coming out in the next week or so

https://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1655191

lostaussie
07-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Thats good info for myself who keeps up with this hardly at all. Suprised to see Gilmer at #2.............Don't much about this stuff. Are win/loss records kept on the teams?"

Cam
07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Burnet vs Kincaid first game of their pool should be a good match....Especially with Kincaid's stud QB and big receiver I hear about...Burnet will be tough as well. They have plenty of speed and some tall returning receivers of their own. Here is Burnet's record so far:

3-1 Lorena SQT
12-0 Burnet passing league
3-0 Gatesville SQT
3-0 Burnet SQT
7-1 Georgetown passing league
2-1 Westlake SQT

....this is all Greendawg's fault!....

waterboy
07-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Thats good info for myself who keeps up with this hardly at all. Suprised to see Gilmer at #2.............Don't much about this stuff. Are win/loss records kept on the teams?"

I don't know how many wins Gilmer has, but I know they've only lost one game. That was against a very good Waskom team. The Buckeyes came out flat after lunch, and got throttled early, but recovered enough to make it closer in the second half. Still lost by a couple of TDs. They've really looked really good other than game.

buckeyebob
07-03-2014, 08:46 AM
I don't know how many wins Gilmer has, but I know they've only lost one game. That was against a very good Waskom team. The Buckeyes came out flat after lunch, and got throttled early, but recovered enough to make it closer in the second half. Still lost by a couple of TDs. They've really looked really good other than game.
24-1 as of now...2 more @ Pine Tree Monday @ 6PM, Practice Field...then reality sets in Thursday...The Bux are ready for the big one...looks like we are peaking at the right time

Phantom Stang
07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
SW will begin play at 7-on-7 state tournament Thursday
July 9, 2014
By
Ron Howell

Several Sweetwater High School football players will be spending Thursday and Friday in College Station making history — as part of the school’s first-ever group to play in the state 7-on-7 tournament.
Sweetwater qualified with a top-two finish last month at Stephenville’s state qualifying tournament.
Michael Lawrence, Deshaun Williams, Colby Greenwood, Kaegan Jeffrey, Isaiah McGee, Kiante McCoy, Denzell Moore, Lowell Williams, Hunter Mobley, Max Gomez, Jacoby Hunt, Bray Amos and Michael Green are on the team, which is in the Division II tournament in the ‘L” pool with Boerne, Cuero and Gilmer. The 64-team event will be at College Station’s Veterans Park and Athletic Complex.
The Division II tournament is for schools who are in the new 4A classification — such as Sweetwater — and smaller, plus private schools. The Division I tournament (also 64 teams) for schools in the new 5A and 6A classes will be held at College Station on Friday and Saturday. Pool play for the Division II tournament begins at 1 p.m. Thursday and all teams in the pool play three games that day.
The top two teams from each pool will advance to the championship round on Friday morning, while the remaining two teams will go to the consolation bracket, also Friday morning. All of the teams play at least once on Friday morning: the consolation bracket starts at 8 a.m. and the championship bracket is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. The consolation final will be played at approximately 3 p.m. on Friday while the champion-ship final will be played at approximately 4 p.m. that afternoon.
While both the Division II and Division I tournaments will be at College Station, they will be played at 3101 Harvey Road, which is not on the campus of Texas A&M University.
Sweetwater won all four of its games at Stephenville to advance to the championship game, defeating Godley 42-22, Grandview 35-26, Eastland 37-29 and Tolar 40-26 to reach the title game vs. Gatesville. Since both teams had already qualified for the state tournament, a coin flip was held instead and Sweetwater was declared the champion.
On Thursday, Sweetwater has the following pool schedule: 2 p.m. — vs. Gilmer on Field 4B; 4 p.m. — vs. Cuero on Field 4B; and 6 p.m. — vs. Boerne on Field 4A.

http://sweetwaterreporter.com/content/sw-will-begin-play-7-7-state-tournament-thursday