PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Rico

Saggy Aggie
06-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Who's been there? Hotels? Attractions? Suggestions? Tips? Warnings?

I'm going in November for a wedding in ponce. Plan to stay in San Juan near the beach though.

Looking for recommendations specifically related to hotels and a rental car and driving to ponce and any other important things I should know before going.

Thanks

hollywood
06-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Who's been there? Hotels? Attractions? Suggestions? Tips? Warnings?

I'm going in November for a wedding in ponce. Plan to stay in San Juan near the beach though.

Looking for recommendations specifically related to hotels and a rental car and driving to ponce and any other important things I should know before going.

Thanks

Saggy, awesome place! Wife and I went in 08 and had a blast! Beautiful beaches, easy to navigate on main thoroughfares, and US currency is a plus.

We used VRBO and found an awesome studio apartment/villa in Old San Juan. An updated historic villa that is right in the middle of the historical area of San Juan. Felt like we were in Spain. I'll send you the VRBO number so you can look into it if you'd like. If you're wanting to stay on the beach, Nuevo San Jaun will be your best bet. Do your research... Tons of options. Food was great, people were nice and most spoke good English. Make sure you go to El Yunque rainforest if you have time. It's about an hours drive from San Juan. Beautiful and noted as the most accessible rainforest in the world.

Here ya go... Found it. http://www.vrbo.com/88413

The couple that owned it were awesome to deal with and made us feel safe.