PDA

View Full Version : Region I Area Rd Picks and Thoughts

Matthew328
02-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Littlefield (23-10) vs Midland Greenwood (23-6)
Wow Littlefield really surprised me beating Perryton by 21...looks like they are on a roll..Greenwood won a weak district and I think they will make 4-3A 0-3...Matt's pick: LITTLEFIELD

Sweetwater (17-11) vs Lubbock Cooper (22-9)
A really good matchup here..Sweetwater is playing very well, they beat Monahans by 32 on Tues. Cooper has been a Top 20 team most of the year but Sweetwater could be their biggest challenge of the year..I like Sweetwater in a mild upset.Matt's pick: SWEETWATER

Vernon (17-12) VS Everman (27-6)
Do ya'll think I will pick against the Dawgs?? Matt's pick: EVERMAN

Lake Dallas (21-8) vs Abilene Wylie (26-6)
Another good matchup here..LD is coming off a tough win over Diamond Hill..Wylie won 6-3A but have the Dawgs been tested? I like Lake Dallas in a barn burner..Matts pick: LAKE DALLAS

Dimmitt (20-13) vs Merkel (28-4)
The Badgers lost one of their better guards a week ago but I think they have enough to get past last year's regional champs..Matt's pick: MERKEL

Seminole (12-19) vs Canyon (28-4)
Could be the biggest mismatch in the region..Canyon rolls big time..Matt's pick: CANYON

Ballinger (14-13) vs Decatur (15-10)
This one could be close..Ballinger doesn't overwhelm you with numbers but they always seem to be around..Decatur won a tough 7-3A and I think that is enough to get em past Ballinger..Matt's pick: DECATUR

Sanger (24-10) vs Iowa Park (23-7)
Sanger beat Kennedale on a last second tip in..can the Indians keep the magic going? IP has Rowland who is a one man show..I like IP in a close one..Matt's pick IOWA PARK

Recap
Littlefield
Sweetwater
Everman
Lake Dallas
Merkel
Canyon
Decatur
Iowa Park

wildstangs
02-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Greenwood
Sweetwater
Everman
Lake Dallas
Dimmitt
Canyon
Ballinger
Iowa Park

Jacket2000
02-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Gather 'round, and I will tell you tales of the future of pumpkinball. We will start out west.

Littlefield (23-10) vs Midland Greenwood (23-6)
I gotta stay with the theory that if your best kids are playing pumpkinball, then you're football team will suffer. So, I gotta go with L'field again.

Sweetwater (17-11) vs Lubbock Cooper (22-9)
Same theory applies here. My pick:Cooper

Vernon (17-12) VS Everman (27-6)
As Harry Carey would say, "Oh my!". Vernon's only hope is a well placed bus crash. Im goin' with Everman.

Lake Dallas (21-8) vs Abilene Wylie (26-6)
Well, hell, LD got me last week. But, do y'all really think that Im gonna pick Wylie? My pick: LD

Dimmitt (20-13) vs Merkel (28-4)
Hell, Merkel's gotta get over the hump sometime, right? Im goin' with the Badgers.

Seminole (12-19) vs Canyon (28-4)
The Commies won with Seminole last week, but it's back to good ol' Capitalism this week. Canyon rolls.

Ballinger (14-13) vs Decatur (15-10)
Lose ten games and get a first round bye? What the hell? Gotta go with the Bearcats again.

Sanger (24-10) vs Iowa Park (23-7)
Iowa Park's gotta be good at something, right?
My pick: IP

J2K

VWG
02-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Littlefield
L. Cooper
Everman
Lake Dallas
Merkel
Canyon
Ballinger
Iowa Park

Has anybody noticed that Canyon's girls team is ranked #1 in the nation? I saw in the USA Today that they beat Sweetwater in the playoffs like 68-11???

wildstangs
02-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Canyons girls are the real deal. They have one loss, to some private school up in New York I believe. The team that beat them had something like 7 D1 signees.

repeat2002
02-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Jacket 2000
Decatur 67 Ballinger 61
Ten losses can be attributed to two starters being in the football play-offs. Playing in and winning one of the toughest districts in Region I might have had a little to do with it also. Roll on Eagles.