PDA

View Full Version : USA - Portugal

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Ronaldo is gonna play despite a hurt knee. Pepe is out for the red card last match.

USA! USA! USA!

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Geoff Cameron with the beautiful defensive play to give Portugal an early goal

Tejastrue
06-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Ouch!!!:doh:

NastySlot
06-22-2014, 07:00 PM
WOW.................thirty more seconds of defense...that's all.

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Man.... What a heartbreaker

PhiI C
06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Good grief! It is over because I don't see how we can beat or even tie Germany. Soccer in America set back again as we won't even make the first cut.

Saggy Aggie
06-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Well Phil, even if we lose, we still have the goal differential on our side

Rabid Cougar
06-22-2014, 09:19 PM
See what flopping/killing grass gets them! :foul:

Aesculus gilmus
06-23-2014, 07:18 AM
I only saw the final few minutes. That's about all I can stand of this sport.

The only mind I've paid to soccer in the past few years, being from Gilmer, is occasionally wishing that Ian Sadler had stuck with it rather than switching to "futbol Americano."

firstdown
06-23-2014, 07:39 AM
I only saw the final few minutes. That's about all I can stand of this sport.

The only mind I've paid to soccer in the past few years, being from Gilmer, is occasionally wishing that Ian Sadler had stuck with it rather than switching to "futbol Americano."

:fnypost:

caleb_mccaig
06-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Well Phil, even if we lose, we still have the goal differential on our side

If we lose 1-0 to Germany and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 then we're out.

Very possible.

I wouldn't put it past Klinsman or Joachim Lowe to try and arrange a tie between the two to guarantee they both advance out of the group.

YTBulldogs
06-23-2014, 12:02 PM
I
I wouldn't put it past Klinsman or Joachim Lowe to try and arrange a tie between the two to guarantee they both advance out of the group.

Flopping and now rigged outcomes. WWF with a ball. :rolleyes:

icu812
06-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Okay I tried watching "futbol" but I just cant get into it.

The way the game ends is horrible. There is no defined ending point, its just over when the official says? Its like if you hit the game winning shot in basketball as the clock expires and then the ref says......no lets extend the game about 5 more minutes or until I want to end it. What?

Its so slow. Its like hockey in slow motion with make believe hitting. I never played hockey either but at least it is exciting to watch.

Also, they need a penalty box like hockey for the "flopping/faking injuries". I can see why grown men suck their thumbs after playing this sport.

YTBulldogs
06-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Okay I tried watching "futbol" but I just cant get into it.

The way the game ends is horrible. There is no defined ending point, its just over when the official says? Its like if you hit the game winning shot in basketball as the clock expires and then the ref says......no lets extend the game about 5 more minutes or until I want to end it. What?

Its so slow. Its like hockey in slow motion with make believe hitting. I never played hockey either but at least it is exciting to watch.

Also, they need a penalty box like hockey for the "flopping/faking injuries". I can see why grown men suck their thumbs after playing this sport.

:thumbsup: But, I do watch and support the USA during World Cup. Like I do in those weird Winter Olympic sport games. After watching, just confirms to me, why I don't like this sport. Futbol, to be so universal, why do they tolerate the cheating/flopping within itself? One way, USA defeated themselves here, with those two flops by Besler and Beasley, which resulted in added playing minutes being added at the end. Both rolling around on the ground, like they had a bone sticking out, only to get a drink, and deny replacement and rush back out on the field, after several minutes acting like they were hurt. Amazing what the H20 treatment will do to ya. Instant healing.

Then, they contained one of the games greatest all match long, and when he finally get's the ball on a push deep down the right side, the replacement guy they put in to help prevent this, let's him get a centering kick off to be headed in for the goal to tie the match. Dude, take a yellow card if need be, at that point, to prevent the centering kick. Commit a real foul on him prior to kick.

Farmersfan
06-23-2014, 03:46 PM
:thumbsup: But, I do watch and support the USA during World Cup. Like I do in those weird Winter Olympic sport games. After watching, just confirms to me, why I don't like this sport. Futbol, to be so universal, why do they tolerate the cheating/flopping within itself? One way, USA defeated themselves here, with those two flops by Besler and Beasley, which resulted in added playing minutes being added at the end. Both rolling around on the ground, like they had a bone sticking out, only to get a drink, and deny replacement and rush back out on the field, after several minutes acting like they were hurt. Amazing what the H20 treatment will do to ya. Instant healing.

Then, they contained one of the games greatest all match long, and when he finally get's the ball on a push deep down the right side, the replacement guy they put in to help prevent this, let's him get a centering kick off to be headed in for the goal to tie the match. Dude, take a yellow card if need be, at that point, to prevent the centering kick. Commit a real foul on him prior to kick.

I have a bigger problem with the lack of ball control by the Americans the previous 2 minutes before the goal. I bet I saw 10 really lazy clearing attempts from the Americans in their own zone. I saw 1 midfielder turn the ball over 3 times in about 45 seconds of playing time. And the lack of a bunch of pissed off Americans shows me they aren't ready to win it all. They act like since a tie is better than a lose then it's all good. Kind of reminds me of the lack of intensity demonstrated around here by another local star!.................. I don't even watch soccor and i was foaming at the mouth over that piss poor defense at the end...............

hollywood
06-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Man... you guys really have some possitive things to say about the game. Would love to see you guys try to play it for 90+ minutes. LOL

Rabid Cougar
06-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Man... you guys really have some possitive things to say about the game. Would love to see you guys try to play it for 90+ minutes. LOL

You think that's tough... Baseball players stand and watch for 3 hours!

hollywood
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM
You think that's tough... Baseball players stand and watch for 3 hours!

:fnypost:

YTBulldogs
06-24-2014, 02:01 PM

It's tough. And yes, I'd be winded. But, game isn't like it use to be when you ran up and down nearly the entire time. Now, due to flopping, you get a water break every couple minutes. So, not as impressive as it use to be. Like, when Pelé began putting the game on the map back in the day. Back when you could tackle the ball, and didn't see guys killing the grass, causing stoppage for water breaks amongst both teams. Maybe play periods, that could would help in flop's, which is now used for hydration purposes? Not to mention, allow a modern day timing of the match.

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Soccer is my 2nd favorite sport to do play by play

Saggy Aggie
06-24-2014, 09:02 PM
I play soccer every week with coworkers. Lot of fun.

Also enjoy play tennis, but can't stand watching it