PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M

Saggy Aggie
06-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Has landed 5 star recruits in back to back days.... The most recent coming from Greg Little, OT from Allen. He's the #1 overall recruit in the nation for 2016 according to 247sports....

Gig 'Em... :)

Saggy Aggie
06-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Man this forum is dead

Snotbubbles
06-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Man this forum is dead

We are awaiting the more important news, did Scoop land that Sealy gig?

Saggy Aggie
06-21-2014, 11:14 AM
We are awaiting the more important news, did Scoop land that Sealy gig?

Haha oh right, how could I forget such important news?

caleb_mccaig
06-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Man this forum is dead

Not gonna lie, I was not very happy when DaMarkus Lodge committed. A few months ago he said LSU was his no.1. He could still turn since his qb just committed to LSU though.

Regardless, good to see A&M is here to stay competitive in the SEC.

FB-fanatic
06-21-2014, 06:04 PM
The Ags are pushing the No 1 spot hard. A number of 4 and 5 star recruits are leaning heavily based on Little and Sutherland.

New Taiton
06-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Not gonna lie, I was not very happy when DaMarkus Lodge committed. A few months ago he said LSU was his no.1. He could still turn since his qb just committed to LSU though.

Take you allegiances out of it and look at the situation objectively and Texas A&M is a no brainer when compared to LSU for Mr. Lodge.

Rabid Cougar
06-28-2014, 08:20 AM
From a very close source at Allen, when Murray committed, that sealed the deal for the OT. Now most of thier D1 players all want to go to ATM. Our former CS boy is already being heavily recruited by ATM, Texas and Oklahoma just from his performance at their Spring game. Unfortunately, that would have never happened here.

caleb_mccaig
06-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Take you allegiances out of it and look at the situation objectively and Texas A&M is a no brainer when compared to LSU for Mr. Lodge.

I'm assuming you mean that A&M is the new hotspot in the state of Texas for kids to play football, and that's why it was a no brainer. If that's the case then I don't blame him at all, most kids from Texas don't want to leave and A&M has turned into the sexy program as of late. But if he wants to win a National Championship he needs a team that has a defense, something everyone in country knows A&M doesn't have.

Macarthur
07-01-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm assuming you mean that A&M is the new hotspot in the state of Texas for kids to play football, and that's why it was a no brainer. If that's the case then I don't blame him at all, most kids from Texas don't want to leave and A&M has turned into the sexy program as of late. But if he wants to win a National Championship he needs a team that has a defense, something everyone in country knows A&M doesn't have.

They don't have that yet. They are building defense though. Building a defense takes time. You can have an impact on offense with underclassmen, but to have a really good defense, you have to have upperclassmen. That takes some time to develop physically, especially the front 7.

New Taiton
07-01-2014, 10:05 AM

That's not what I mean.

I mean that Texas A&M slings the ball over the field and if a kid wants catches, he needs to go to a team that passes the football. Moreover, A&M has Kenny Hill (top 3 QB in Texas in 2012), Kyle Allen (top QB in the country 2013), and has Kyler Murray (top 2 QB in the state 2014) committed - all of whom will be better passers than LSU's QBs.

LSU wears out teams on the ground and hits the play action. They were 60% run last year while A&M was 50% (I would assume that the QB scrambles were considered runs which may skew this number).

New Taiton
07-01-2014, 10:07 AM
But if he wants to win a National Championship he needs a team that has a defense, something everyone in country knows A&M doesn't have.

True. At any given time in 2013, Texas A&M had 7 true freshman on the defensive side of the ball. That doesn't bode well, and it was obvious.

However, I think it is fair to say that with the new talent level they are recruiting at, it is only a matter of time before the defense rises from horrid to respectable, to pretty good.

caleb_mccaig
07-03-2014, 11:02 AM
That's not what I mean.

I mean that Texas A&M slings the ball over the field and if a kid wants catches, he needs to go to a team that passes the football. Moreover, A&M has Kenny Hill (top 3 QB in Texas in 2012), Kyle Allen (top QB in the country 2013), and has Kyler Murray (top 2 QB in the state 2014) committed - all of whom will be better passers than LSU's QBs.

LSU wears out teams on the ground and hits the play action. They were 60% run last year while A&M was 50% (I would assume that the QB scrambles were considered runs which may skew this number).

I won't argue with you there. LSU is a ground and pound team, obviously and I won't argue that the offense's are totally different.

But the offense LSU runs hasn't ever ran top WR recruits away. Malachi Dupre was the #1 WR in the country last year, Reuben Randle was the #1 WR in 2009 and Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry were two of the top six WR's in the country in 2011.

Randle, 1st round draft pick, Beckham, first round draft pick, Landry, second round pick, Dwayne Bowe, first round pick.

Kids who are top prospects look at college as the best way to get to the NFL, if you don't believe that then you're senile, and the only WR I can think of that A&M has put into the first round or the first three rounds the last few years is Mike Evans who hasn't proved himself yet and got shut down by a true freshman CB at LSU.

I'm also not very familiar with A&M WR's in the NFL, so if I'm wrong then I apologize.

I'd also like to apologize haha. I just like pleading my case, I'm sure he has his reasons that have probably nothing to do with mine.

New Taiton
07-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Every player named in your post are locals to Louisiana thus making LSU the team to beat regardless of their position. This is the reason A&M pulling Speedy Noil last February was such a coup. Kids in La dream of playing for LSU.

But you don't see nationally ranked, top flight WRs heading to LSU, which is why it didn't make sense for Lodge to go there.

As far as NFL talent goes, you are correct with Mike Evans. Jeff Fuller was previously drafted several years ago but he's now in the CFL. And remmeber, Mike Evans was a 2* reach who had only played one year of organized football prior to his Freshman year in College Station.