PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley

YTBulldogs
06-17-2014, 05:33 PM
During a recent visit to Wim (one of my fav towns to visit) for some 7on7 action, notice lot's of construction taking place. Entire baseball field dug up, appears new stands, press box might be going up. Someone update us on what's going in there? Gonna be nice I bet. Congrats with the upgrades. Please tell me the path from the locker rooms to the field will be paved and a light pole or two installed? Twisted my ankle in last years game vs. LaVernia coming down. Maybe some closer locker rooms are even being built?

And, if this is posted elsewhere, sorry, I didn't notice it in my search.

Tejastrue
06-17-2014, 06:51 PM
For football...new field house/athletic facility (by the stadium), new concessions/restrooms, press box, additional bleacher seating (500). New baseball complex was originally planned at 2325 and RR12 but HEB offered a hefty price for the land so now I'm not sure just how they are working this. Sure looks like they are revamping the old baseball field for expansion. Maybe some other Wimberley folk can hone in on this one..

The links below might give you an idea. Things do get changed along the way when it comes down to spending the money.

http://www.oconnellrobertson.com/Wimberley/Bond_Presentation.pdf

http://www.oconnellrobertson.com/Wimberley/WISD_Bond.htm

I came across this but not sure if it is going to happen...would be awesome.

http://www.wimberleyisd.net/ourpages/auto/2013/3/28/65785111/WISD%20-%20BB%20and%20SB%20Fields%20at%20Valley%20Springs% 20Road.pdf

TexDad
06-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Old baseball field will be for the band. New baseball and softball fields out 2325 across from Valley Springs. Pretty certain new fieldhouse will not be ready for next season.

Gone Fishing
06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Its going to be nice when done. New field house, consessions on each end, new bathrooms, some offices, etc. Its going to be curved along the entrance side. With the TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP monuments!!! LOL. I think they are hoping for the press box only to be finished and maybe the extra stands by season. Hell even port a pottys are as good as the old rest rooms. lol

On another note, I saw the Texans play a couple of 7 on 7 games and I am impressed with this group of skill players that got some time as soph and now are seniors. The three receivers are very good and one has extreme speed. Faster than anybody we have had since maybe 06. (Samuel) Alot Depends on how the young (now veteran) qb does in real games and of course the Oline and D line. But I think Wimberley may be back and very competitive in the playoffs. Depth may be an issue like many times, but I'm starting early and say district champs.....

LHPfactory
06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Is Wimberley ISD growing very fast ?
Liberty Hill is, We are about to be more comparable to Dripping Springs than Wimberley as far as numbers go. Of course DS is growing as well so we wont catch them.

Tejastrue
06-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Personally, I'm not seeing the numbers at least not with the high school. Existing home sales are up along with the prices and taxes. WISD was way past due on upgrades and the people finally decided to support that...the bond was for more than just athletics though. JMO...

Tejastrue
06-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Its going to be nice when done. New field house, consessions on each end, new bathrooms, some offices, etc. Its going to be curved along the entrance side. With the TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP monuments!!! LOL. I think they are hoping for the press box only to be finished and maybe the extra stands by season. Hell even port a pottys are as good as the old rest rooms. lol

On another note, I saw the Texans play a couple of 7 on 7 games and I am impressed with this group of skill players that got some time as soph and now are seniors. The three receivers are very good and one has extreme speed. Faster than anybody we have had since maybe 06. (Samuel) Alot Depends on how the young (now veteran) qb does in real games and of course the Oline and D line. But I think Wimberley may be back and very competitive in the playoffs. Depth may be an issue like many times, but I'm starting early and say district champs.....

I am very much looking forward to the season...

toddg
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Is Wimberley ISD growing very fast ?
Liberty Hill is, We are about to be more comparable to Dripping Springs than Wimberley as far as numbers go. Of course DS is growing as well so we wont catch them.

will be in LH for a scrimmage in august, live qtrs should go pretty quick! pwr-I vs nasty slot! LOL!

Cam
06-18-2014, 04:53 PM

aren't ya'll coming to Burnet for a scrimmage to receive a thrashin'??.....or is that a drubbin'??....same difference....:stirpot:

LHPfactory
06-18-2014, 06:14 PM
will be in LH for a scrimmage in august, live qtrs should go pretty quick! pwr-I vs nasty slot! LOL!

How is Alvarado looking this year?

toddg
06-19-2014, 03:27 PM
How is Alvarado looking this year?

a lot of changes, a lot of hard work this past offseason..on paper, very comparable to our 2010 semi-finalist team..like that team, an influx of talented skill players from a dominate freshman team the year before..and incoming juniors from a very good JV..the pie is in the oven and we're excited to see how it comes out in august and beyond..our senior leadership is outstanding! due to a disapointing 2013, we wont be on anybody's radar beginning the season, much like 2010..time will tell.
iv heard the Panthers will be very good this year..what say you!?

panfan
06-19-2014, 05:24 PM
a lot of changes, a lot of hard work this past offseason..on paper, very comparable to our 2010 semi-finalist team..like that team, an influx of talented skill players from a dominate freshman team the year before..and incoming juniors from a very good JV..the pie is in the oven and we're excited to see how it comes out in august and beyond..our senior leadership is outstanding! due to a disapointing 2013, we wont be on anybody's radar beginning the season, much like 2010..time will tell.
iv heard the Panthers will be very good this year..what say you!?

All our talent graduated, rebuilding year........:rolleyes:

Wimberley folks tell us what is hitting the streets this season, team wise.

Gone Fishing
06-19-2014, 09:21 PM
aren't ya'll coming to Burnet for a scrimmage to receive a thrashin'??.....or is that a drubbin'??....same difference....:stirpot:
Watch out now cam... We might surprise, plus there aint no more McGee's over there.. lol.

Gone Fishing
06-19-2014, 09:30 PM
All our talent graduated, rebuilding year........:rolleyes:

Wimberley folks tell us what is hitting the streets this season, team wise.

very good skill players, a couple of good o linmaen but a couple holes to fill same with d line. A lot of very good skill players goin to go both ways when it counts so that may be a factor going deep in playoffs, but all and all good solid team with a bunch of good coaches from Nelms and a few in year two under head coach Warren who was from the Nelms years. Honeymoon is over though, I like the team speed as much as anything.

Cam
06-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Watch out now cam... We might surprise, plus there aint no more McGee's over there.. lol.

....sure there is!....his folks are still here!....:taunt:

Gone Fishing
06-20-2014, 09:03 AM
....sure there is!....his folks are still here!....:taunt:

lol, I think he's (dad) a preacher now , not coaching anymore. I played with him many moons ago at Hays. Dang I'm old...

ogg
06-25-2014, 04:20 PM

Yup, me too. Especially after last years unusual season.