PDA

View Full Version : USA -Ghana

Saggy Aggie
06-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Usa! Usa! Usa!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-16-2014, 05:12 PM
1-0 USA after 1 minute of play. Clint Dempsey with the goal.

oldtownag
06-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Nacogdoches, TX best soccer player with the goal.

Tejastrue
06-16-2014, 07:05 PM
2-1 final USA!! :clap:

Saggy Aggie
06-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Cut myself off from the world, recorded the game and watched it when I got home from work.... Hell of a game

Roughneck93
06-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Cut myself off from the world, recorded the game and watched it when I got home from work.... Hell of a game

I tried doing the same thing SA....

Ended up following along on Twitter, just finished watching the game.

Roughneck93
06-16-2014, 11:49 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wcomg.gif

YTBulldogs
06-17-2014, 01:30 AM
All that flopping, I thought I was watching WWF. No wonder futbol will never be attended like football and baseball here. Sad some games are determined on acting/cheating. They can't clean that up? Then again, FIFA can't clean itself up.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2014, 08:09 AM
IMO was not a ton of flopping in the game

Roughneck93
06-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Lol, perfect....

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/06/johnnyfutbol.jpg

caleb_mccaig
06-17-2014, 09:59 AM
All that flopping, I thought I was watching WWF. No wonder futbol will never be attended like football and baseball here. Sad some games are determined on acting/cheating. They can't clean that up? Then again, FIFA can't clean itself up.

The NCAA is probably just as bad if not worse as FIFA is when it comes to corruption.

Wide receivers should also stop calling for PI every time the ball gets thrown their way to. It's not the players fault they do these things. It's the officials and the organization as a whole. The reward is to high to not flop in the NBA, soccer and football.

YTBulldogs
06-17-2014, 10:35 AM
IMO was not a ton of flopping in the game

Guess we watched a different game. Every time someone went down following a good tackle of the ball, they faked like they had broke a bone. Futbol not my game. So, I don't know if this is the norm, so--it might of appeared like a lot to me. I'm sure it was normal. Too much for my liking though. Like WWF victims.

caleb_mccaig
06-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Guess we watched a different game. Every time someone went down following a good tackle of the ball, they faked like they had broke a bone. Futbol not my game. So, I don't know if this is the norm, so--it might of appeared like a lot to me. I'm sure it was normal. Too much for my liking though. Like WWF victims.

Haha it is something that can overwhelm someone if they haven't watched it in the last few years. It's gotten REALLY bad recently. There wasn't a ton last night, but if you watch Spain or Brazil there's a lot of it. When the U.S. plays Portugal Sunday you may see a ton of it as well as Ronaldo is notoriously known for being a flopper.

Saggy Aggie
06-17-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure if flopping is worse in the nba or soccer

YTBulldogs
06-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure if flopping is worse in the nba or soccer
Got that right SA. Least NBA added a fine for flopping I think. It is being addressed. Both sports down my list of viewing options. Though, I wish the USA well and hope their great skills are not taken away by acting. Other country appeared to flop more then us for sure.

hollywood
06-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Got that right SA. Least NBA added a fine for flopping I think. It is being addressed. Both sports down my list of viewing options. Though, I wish the USA well and hope their great skills are not taken away by acting. Other country appeared to flop more then us for sure.

Ha! YTBulldogs, in any sport, there is the question of a foul, wrong or missed call by an official. It's part of the game, unfortunately in some sports more than others. The Mexicans are the worlds worst in the sport of soccer of the flop! Mexico will flop, plea, and act (both players and coaches) to get a call. I don't like flopping, faking, acting or whatever you want to call it, to get a call. Cowardly if you ask me. A good ref knows the difference and will call a good game. Players or teams will try and test the officials as much as they can. It comes down to the officiating if you ask me.

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2014, 01:49 AM

In soccer a player can get a yellow card for diving/flopping

YTBulldogs
06-18-2014, 07:55 AM
In soccer a player can get a yellow card for diving/flopping

Whewwwww, please, not the yellow card. :rolleyes: Bad part, ref was fooled too and didn't issue the meaningless yellow card on most of the acting. Think I seen two issued, out of the 10 I seen in first half. Replay showed no contact on most these flops. And, if there was contact, dern sure didn't cause someone to nearly die like they pretended to happen to them. After a few minutes on the ground, moaning and groaning and allowing all to get hydrated, he'd jump to his feet like nothing happened. LOL. They have this cheating down to a fine art.

I say, after the game, let FIFA review, and if flopping occurred, they sit the next match. That would stop this BS. Of yeah, this is FIFA. Nevermind.

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Whewwwww, please, not the yellow card. :rolleyes: Bad part, ref was fooled too and didn't issue the meaningless yellow card on most of the acting. Think I seen two issued, out of the 10 I seen in first half. Replay showed no contact on most these flops. And, if there was contact, dern sure didn't cause someone to nearly die like they pretended to happen to them. After a few minutes on the ground, moaning and groaning and allowing all to get hydrated, he'd jump to his feet like nothing happened. LOL. They have this cheating down to a fine art.

I say, after the game, let FIFA review, and if flopping occurred, they sit the next match. That would stop this BS. Of yeah, this is FIFA. Nevermind.

yea a yellow card is not something to take lightly..they carryover in group play..get two your sitting the next game

caleb_mccaig
06-18-2014, 08:49 AM

It's a little difficult to stop or suspend someone a match for flopping once, especially in the World Cup where you only have 23 players and only 3-4 that play the same position. If the ref feels as though they flopped then he'll give them a yellow or a talking to and then that player usually won't do it again.

Also, Fifa couldn't just make that rule. They rule would have to be backed by UEFA as well.

YTBulldogs
06-18-2014, 08:54 AM
yea a yellow card is not something to take lightly..they carryover in group play..get two your sitting the next game

O, ok. Maybe that will stop this cheating? Announcers did say, it's worse from others country's, compared to USA doing it. I hate to see a good def play denied from the faking. Not to mention, games determined by these actions at times.

Rabid Cougar
06-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Play on like Rugby. You lay on the ground while the other team is a man up. Coaches will put a stop to it quickly.

hollywood
06-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Play on like Rugby. You lay on the ground while the other team is a man up. Coaches will put a stop to it quickly.

Rugby, I like. Very physical sport. In basketball, the slightest touch is a foul! lol Horrible, not much of a fan.

At least soccer is a contact sport. Takes very demanding physical strength, speed, balance, toughness, stamina, and creativity to play a full match. :thumbsup:

hollywood
06-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Yep, Robin Van Persie for the Netherlands will be sitting out their next game with 2 yellows. At least they are guaranteed to make the next round with wins against Spain and Australia.

BwdLion73
06-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Takes very demanding physical strength, speed, balance, toughness, stamina, and creativity to play a full match. :thumbsup:

I say if someone likes it and wants to watch it go ahead. It is a tough game and no doubt you must be in great shape to play. However I feel like T.V. hype and people who worship the game are trying to paint a broad brush to shame people who dont by portraying them as unenlightened and hicks.
Kinda like the Redskin thread that is shaping up the same way. I agree with your statement above...Its just that Im such a unrefined farmboy that it takes those same things for me to watch a game.

caleb_mccaig
06-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Player for Uruguay just took a knee to the head and got knocked out cold for probably two minutes. Came off the field and told the doctors whatever and they tried to tell him not go back in and he totally ignored them and ran back onto the field.