PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gwynn

Roughneck93
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM
One of the greats.

RIP Tony...:(

cougartino
06-16-2014, 02:07 PM
I've got his rookie card where he's #52 and sporting an afro. It's valued at $20 and climbing. Gonna hold on to it a little longer.

Cam
06-16-2014, 02:14 PM
not to hijack the thread...but I hear he died from salivary gland cancer and Gwynn himself attributed the disease to his long time chewing tobacco habit....what a shame!...way too young....and just this past Saturday I saw my 14 year old's baseball teammate taking a chunk of that stuff from his DAD and puttin' it in his mouth as they were leaving the fields!!..and his grandma was right there and never said a word!....to that I can only say, "WOW"!!....

cougartino
06-16-2014, 02:32 PM
not to hijack the thread...but I hear he died from salivary gland cancer and Gwynn himself attributed the disease to his long time chewing tobacco habit....what a shame!...way too young....and just this past Saturday I saw my 14 year old's baseball teammate taking a chunk of that stuff from his DAD and puttin' it in his mouth as they were leaving the fields!!..and his grandma was right there and never said a word!....to that I can only say, "WOW"!!....

In my 20's, I saw a special where a guy had a small lump on his tongue that ultimately ate half his face. I quit then.

bobcat1
06-16-2014, 07:06 PM
RIP Tony!

regaleagle
06-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Hat's off to one of the great swings and great hitters of all time. Tony taught his techniques to many, many youngsters. He was 100% baseball.

YTBulldogs
06-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Stat you'll not likely see over the days of Tony. Man only struck out 3 times in a game, once in his career. Players like BJ Upton, do that a few times a week. TG, rest in peace. One of the greats. As a dipper of snuff myself, makes you think about quitting.