PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 2015

YTBulldogs
06-16-2014, 08:09 AM
In my life time, this championship Spur's "TEAM" is best I ever seen. I never seen a deeper bench. And, when the bench enters, leads get extended. Not to mention, the tongue dragging it causes to opponents. Great to see in this day and age. Star players not being like, "if I don't get the ball, I'm upset". SA don't have a set starting five. Timmy can play another 3+ years, with this system. Hell, when you only play around half a game, it adds more time to the end of your career. I think all returns in 2015, and only Mills might move on. But, the way Pop treated him, respected his heritage, I can see him signing for less than he could obtain elsewhere just for that devotion they have together. Not to mention, a couple more championship's.

San Antonio Spur's Organization. A class act from top to bottom.

44INAROW
06-16-2014, 10:57 AM
In my life time, this championship Spur's "TEAM" is best I ever seen. I never seen a deeper bench. And, when the bench enters, leads get extended. Not to mention, the tongue dragging it causes to opponents. Great to see in this day and age. Star players not being like, "if I don't get the ball, I'm upset". SA don't have a set starting five. Timmy can play another 3+ years, with this system. Hell, when you only play around half a game, it adds more time to the end of your career. I think all returns in 2015, and only Mills might move on. But, the way Pop treated him, respected his heritage, I can see him signing for less than he could obtain elsewhere just for that devotion they have together. Not to mention, a couple more championship's.

Amen :) Class act - through and through :)

Bullaholic
06-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Proud to say the Spurs are from Texas....Congrats Spurs.

1st and goal
06-19-2014, 02:44 PM

ditto. Best all around team play I've ever witnessed.

1st and goal
06-19-2014, 02:52 PM
I love Pops no BS style too.

PhiI C
06-20-2014, 01:19 PM
I hope we can keep most of our free agents and replace those who leave. It would be great to win the race for 6 next year.

zebrablue2
06-22-2014, 09:37 PM

:iagree:

caleb_mccaig
06-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Ok, I'm a little confused here when someone says this Spurs team is the best all around.

When the Mavs took the Heat down in 2010 Bosh and Wade were much better players. I'll say Lebron was probably just as dominant.

That Mavs team had Jason Kidd, Deshawn Stevenson, Marion, Dirk and Tyson Chandler as they're starting five and I think you would have to be completely high to think that this Spurs starting five was better than those five.

They also had the Serbian Sniper, Jet Terry, Brendan Haywood and J.J. Barea coming off the bench who all played pivotal roles in that championship run.

The Spurs had who off the bench? Ginobili, Mills and Splitter if I can remember right who did anything in the playoffs. (Belinelli played ok during the season but was nowhere to be found in the Finals or most of the playoffs.)

This Spurs team was one of the best overall teams I've ever seen, but the Mavs in 2010 will always be the one-superstar player team who took down the Heat in their prime.

icu812
06-23-2014, 11:41 AM
So glad the Spurs beat the Heat this year and I really enjoyed the way they played the game. They did move the ball better than any team since the Mavs won it. Btw, the Mavs used a similar blueprint with their "flow" offense. Not taking away from what the Spurs did, they dominated, but the Heat were clearly down from what they were their first two years together.

PhiI C
06-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Tim is certainly a company man. :clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--tim-duncan-exercises-final-year-option-on-contract-202144527.html

YTBulldogs
06-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Tim is certainly a company man. :clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--tim-duncan-exercises-final-year-option-on-contract-202144527.html

:iagree: Gotta be fun to play on a team like this for a aging vet. Give 20 strong minutes, then -- quality sub's to spell ya Tim. Perfect situation. I can see more than 1 more year from TD surrounding him with what the Spur's game plan is, a "team" game.

Farmersfan
06-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Another great season for the Spurs. If you look at the blue print for building a successful NBA team it would be #1. Dominating Center. #2. Dominating point Guard. #3. Dominating shooting guard.. The Spurs have had these covered for over a decade. What is amazing to me is that they haven't won MORE titles with these 3 players anchoring the team. And then considering they also have a very good coach who knows how to find talent to fill in around these guys and the rest is history. The problem for the Spurs is that the rein is near it's end. They won't be lucky enough again to go from a David Robinson to a Tim Duncan and Tony Parker is a once in a lifetime find for a franchise. Maybe they can squeeze a couple more years out of these old guys but not many more..........

Papá Oso
06-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Great team this year and will still be a contender next year imo, hopefully win another next year and let Timmy and Manu ride off on top then go all in for Aldridge next summer. A new big 3 of Parker, Leonard, and Aldridge for a few years sounds pretty good.

YTBulldogs
06-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Great team this year and will still be a contender next year imo, hopefully win another next year and let Timmy and Manu ride off on top then go all in for Aldridge next summer. A new big 3 of Parker, Leonard, and Aldridge for a few years sounds pretty good.

I agree, but--still think you got a few years of Timmy and Manu (thanks to limiting their minutes) to consider. They are team guys too, and will work within the budget if need be I believe. Can't find better row players, for what you'll be paying them if you do go this route. Key: SA must maintain a above average productive bench, to afford to retain these "past their prime" players like TD and MG. The chemistry this year, was amazing. Really, unheard of in today's game. I honestly think, this organization is true loyal friends on and off the court. Can you picture Manu and Timmy playing another 3 years, knowing they just have to give their best for 20 min. a game? They are dedicated enough pro's (staying in shape) and team guys, to make sure they are the best players at their position for those 20 min. they are on the court.

PhiI C
06-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Tim is going to be on David Letterman tonight. I hope David wasn't hoping he would announce his retirement.

Farmersfan
06-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Tim is going to be on David Letterman tonight. I hope David wasn't hoping he would announce his retirement.

It is so refreshing these days to see a professional athlete that is humble and not over the top. I watched Sportscenter this morning and 8 times during the hour show the talk turned to Lebron............. Almost makes me want to turn the channel. Can you imagine a team with both Lebron james and Carmello Anthony? I think I would be done with the NBA if that happens.

icu812
06-26-2014, 05:03 PM
It is so refreshing these days to see a professional athlete that is humble and not over the top. I watched Sportscenter this morning and 8 times during the hour show the talk turned to Lebron............. Almost makes me want to turn the channel. Can you imagine a team with both Lebron james and Carmello Anthony? I think I would be done with the NBA if that happens.

I kind of hope that happens. I would very much enjoying watching them lose, IMO he doesn't fit well with most teams. He needs to go to a good defensive team that just needs a scorer. The Bulls maybe. It will be interesting to see if D.Wade opts out of all that money in order to help his team sign another good player. If not the Heat have a major problem.

caleb_mccaig
06-27-2014, 09:44 AM

When has Lebron ever overstated anything? Half the time he doesn't even want to talk to the media and when he does he's great in the post game, hilarious most the time to be honest.

He can't control how often the media talks about him, well I guess he could but then he would have to stop being the best player on planet Earth right now.

The only time I can think when he might have said something dumb is after he signed with Miami he said the, "not one, not two, not three," and so on when talking about rings. But if you lived in Miami would you have been satisfied if he said, "yeah, I signed here but we aren't going to win a damn thing."

bd62
06-27-2014, 05:04 PM
I think Pop said it best when ask about Lebron after Spurs won championship. He said Lebron was best player on earth and is also a class act .
Don't know what he will do but he will need a lot of help because he was all Miami had .He knew it was over in game 4 when he scored 19 points in third quarter rest of team scored 2 points.
Shows how weak Eastern Conference was.

PhiI C
07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
As most of you probably know Tim will be back next year and Boris Dial and Patty Mills have resigned. Great news indeed.

PhiI C
07-08-2014, 11:00 AM
While other teams are fighting over free agents and waiting for them to decide the Spurs have been resigning great members of their roster.

PhiI C
07-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Coach Popovich gets contract extension. I am sure all of the players are smiling - especially Tony Parker.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/9/5885235/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-contract

PhiI C
07-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Matt Bonner has been signed for next year and their number one draft pick Kyle Anderson has signed. They have 14 of 15 of their roster signed. Aaron Baynes has not been resigned yet.

PhiI C
08-07-2014, 10:24 AM
With Free Agency making news the Spurs have quietly signed nearly all of their free agents and extended Tony Parker's current contract an additional 3 years. Soon they will need to get Kawhi Leonard taken care of and I bet they do.