PDA

View Full Version : What will Gilmer's Kris Boyd Going to DO??

buckeyebob
06-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Heard today that Kris has been down in Florida, visiting Florida State & they like each other.
Thus far, Kris has offers from:
Alabama
Arkansas
Baylor
California
LSU
Mississippi State
Missouri
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
How can we keep a foreign bunch away from our guys...Kris needs to stay with a local bunch like The University.

caleb_mccaig
06-14-2014, 08:17 PM
If he wants to make it to the NFL as a corner LSU is your ticket. They give kids early playing time, TreDavious White and Rashard Robinson both started as true freshman last year over the two upperclassman Jalen's. You've got Eric Reid starting for San Fran, Patrick Peterson is a top three corner in the league, Tyrann Mathieu had a great rookie year. Claiborne was a top 6 pick and has been injured, but I still think he's a good player for Dallas. There's a reason why the no.1 corner in the country in 2015, Kevin Tolliver II from Florida, is committed there and not anywhere else.

If he needs any other persuasion, LSU has generated the most draft picks of any school over the past two years.

But I also would just like to get as many great young corners in Baton Rouge as I can :p

Aesculus gilmus
06-15-2014, 07:58 AM
If he wants to make it to the NFL as a corner LSU is your ticket.

I found this hard to believe, but I heard from a usually reliable source that Nick Saban wants him to be a linebacker.

buckeyebob
06-15-2014, 08:24 AM
It is my understanding that Alabama wants him bad...from the list, I don't see a poor choice...he has been a Fla State fan all his life...I wanna see him stick around here (just selfish)

Aesculus gilmus
06-15-2014, 09:19 AM
But that's the great thing about the Aggies' move to the Dixie league, bob. No matter where Kris goes in the SEC (if he does go there), he will still play in College Station every other year.

The SEC is now a "local" conference. I have always applauded A&M for the move. Plus, being in the SEC fits the Aggies' culture way better than our Texas culture does.

Rabid Cougar
06-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Why NOT North Texas?

buckeyebob
06-15-2014, 07:21 PM
But that's the great thing about the Aggies' move to the Dixie league, bob. No matter where Kris goes in the SEC (if he does go there), he will still play in College Station every other year.

The SEC is now a "local" conference. I have always applauded A&M for the move. Plus, being in the SEC fits the Aggies' culture way better than our Texas culture does.

I understand but I could not hold my breath long enough to see him @ A&M

buckeyebob
06-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Why NOT North Texas?

Would not have a problem with that...my old buddy Barry Moore was a Mean Green Hall of Famer

Aesculus gilmus
06-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Apologies to the late, great Barry Moore and anyone else in the Mean Green Nation, but Kris Boyd going to North Texas would be similar to the No. 1 draft choice in the NFL suddenly deciding to go the Arena League route.

Rabid Cougar
06-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Apologies to the late, great Barry Moore and anyone else in the Mean Green Nation, but Kris Boyd going to North Texas would be similar to the No. 1 draft choice in the NFL suddenly deciding to go the Arena League route.

Whatever.

New Taiton
06-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Whatever.

Fact.