PDA

View Full Version : COMMERCE??????????????????

jackhammer
11-03-2001, 12:18 PM
WILL BE INTERRESTING TO SEE HOW THEY RANK COMMERCE NEXT WEEK IN THE POLLS AFTER THEIR SECOND LOSS THIS SEASON ????????????

Rabbit93
11-03-2001, 12:40 PM
i think that commerce will fall to 10 maybe even out. That in no way means commerce is not a top 10 team. they are that

JRabbit_Fan
11-03-2001, 12:44 PM
I don't think they should drop very far. They played a heck of a game last night. I still believe they're a top ten team but it might be hard to stay there with 2 losses although La Grange did until they loss their third game.

Owen B
11-03-2001, 01:30 PM
Funny thing is that, in losing to Forney, Commerce actually played like a top ten team for the first time this year.

ethsfbnut
11-03-2001, 01:48 PM
Agree OwenB. Looks like Commerce is getting it together at the right time of the season. If the Tigers can maintain the level of play they showed last nite, it could lead to another good play-off run. Sure need to get some people healthy though.
Congrats to Forney the 11-AAA dist champs and good luck in D1 play-offs.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

Super Joe
11-03-2001, 01:49 PM
The polls will be interesting. Forney of course will stay on top. Everman will be close behind. Hopefully Alvarado will get moved up after beating Hillsboro, a very underrated team. Moving to 8-1 should get the Indians the respect they deserve. 6 of those 8 victories either coming from 4a teams or very good 3a teams. To tell you the truth I didnt think Commerce stood a chance against Forney. I was suprised to see they only lost by 8. Maybe that means that Alvarado could hang with Forney better than people think. If Quinland Ford doesn't make the playoffs, then we just may get to see.

jackhammer
11-03-2001, 02:00 PM
GOOD POST SUPER JOE . HOPE TO SEE YOU PLAYING SOON !

eye of the tiger
11-03-2001, 04:24 PM
I think with Yoe and Commerce both losing Alvarado should move up a couple of spots anyway. I had the Indians #6 in my personal top ten last week. I hoping Commerce will hang in there at #10

aamove
11-03-2001, 10:00 PM
It was one heck of a game last night. I think Commerce deserves to stay in the Top 10. Good Luck in the playoffs

Alvaradobacker
11-05-2001, 12:06 AM
Thank goodness we have playoffs which make polls moot. I guess they're nice for bragging rights during the season, but when November rolls around they mean absolutely nothing. Would that it were so in the NCAA.

maestro
11-05-2001, 08:48 AM
It was a great game Friday. Commerce gave themselves every opportunity to win they just could not capitalize on a couple of turnovers and some big defensive stands. Blanton two big scores and Brown one. That is why you play the game. It was a heck of a game to watch. I am proud of the Commerce Tigers especially my brother. Good luck to Forney in D1. Bonham beat Quinlan.

jackhammer
11-06-2001, 10:10 AM
I SEE THEY DROPED OUT OF THE TOP TEN THIS WEEK .

eye of the tiger
11-06-2001, 12:01 PM
First time in quite a long while Commerce has been out of the top ten. It is understandable though, because there are some good teams undefeated and with only one loss so far, that deserve the honor. We will just have to win our way back.

TIGERS NEVER QUIT

ethsfbnut
11-07-2001, 12:48 PM
Yes... Commerce dropped out of top ten. Honestly didn`t think they would stay up there after Forney win. But thank goodness Texas High School Football does not have a BCS poll that decides championships. The real polls start in two weeks. Should be interesting.
Good luck to all 11-AAA play-off teams.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

eye of the tiger
11-07-2001, 02:24 PM
you said it right ethsfbnut-the real season starts a week from friday. and i second that good luck to forney out dist champ and DI rep and bonham or royse city and of course the Tigers.