PDA

View Full Version : D-Day Rememberance

Bullaholic
06-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Thank you to the men and women of the "Greatest Generation" who saw their duty and did it 70 years ago today on the beaches of Normandy, France....

Farmersfan
06-12-2014, 09:46 AM
My youngest son was part of the color guard in the D-day memorial in Normandy last week. He served on the color guard in a memorial Day celebration in Sonne France and then got this honor. He said he was about 15' from President Obama. Here is a picture............. My son is holding the flag in the center of the picture

Farmersfan
06-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Here he is getting a handshake in France on Memorial Day.

Farmersfan
06-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Sorry! Don't mean to brag but here is the last one.

Cam
06-12-2014, 11:28 AM
My youngest son was part of the color guard in the D-day memorial in Normandy last week. He served on the color guard in a memorial Day celebration in Sonne France and then got this honor. He said he was about 15' from President Obama. Here is a picture............. My son is holding the flag in the center of the picture

That's very cool Farmersfan!.....he looks sharp in that uniform!....:2thumbsup

Macarthur
06-13-2014, 09:58 AM
FF, those are great pics.

Macarthur
06-13-2014, 10:01 AM
And this may not be the time or place, but I gotta get something off my chest.

I get really frustrated when we mix up these holidays and over do it.

Memorial Day is to honor those that LOST THEIR LIFE in service. It is not a holiday to thank all of those who serve or to thank Veterans. We have a holiday called Veteran's Day and we actually have ARmed Services Day that celebrates active military. I think these holidays are very important and when you lump everything into one, it lessens the value of all of them, IMO.

There. I feel better. ;)

Farmersfan
06-26-2014, 10:37 AM
That's very cool Farmersfan!.....he looks sharp in that uniform!....:2thumbsup

Thanks Cam. Mom actually cried when she saw him on CNN and some of the other channels.....

Farmersfan
06-26-2014, 10:37 AM
FF, those are great pics.

Thanks Mac. We are proud.