PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014: Brazil

hollywood
06-04-2014, 09:30 PM
It's only 8 days away!! The most daunting, most watched, grueling sporting event in the world.
It's even bigger than the Olympics!

The USMNT is in what is considered the group of death with Germany, Portugal, and Ghana. Will be one of the best World Cups in history. Brazil (host country) is one of the favorites to win it.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/202581

Couldn't resist. ;)

caleb_mccaig
06-05-2014, 08:54 AM
It's only 8 days away!! The most daunting, most watched, grueling sporting event in the world.
It's even bigger than the Olympics!

The USMNT is in what is considered the group of death with Germany, Portugal, and Ghana. Will be one of the best World Cups in history. Brazil (host country) is one of the favorites to win it.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/202581

Couldn't resist. ;)

It's the best time of the next four years! I already took off work on the 16th for the first USMNT game. All of us American Outlaws have high hopes but I still wouldn't be surprised to see us go 0-3.

I know a lot of people on this board are against soccer and what not but it is the sport of the future for the younger generation of America. You have a better chance to go professional with clubs all around the world and the wages are on average higher than any other sport. I'm excited that the United States is becoming more competitive and hopefully I'll get to see us hoist the cup before my days are done.

Cam
06-05-2014, 11:52 PM
....and in the spirit of true sportsmanship.....Ghana has unleashed their witch doctors on upcoming opponents!!.....:doh:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/04/cristiano-ronaldo-will-miss-the-world-cup-because-of-incurable-injury-caused-by-witch-doctor-4750307/

.....this is all Greendawgs fault!.....

hollywood
06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
It's the best time of the next four years! I already took off work on the 16th for the first USMNT game. All of us American Outlaws have high hopes but I still wouldn't be surprised to see us go 0-3.

I know a lot of people on this board are against soccer and what not but it is the sport of the future for the younger generation of America. You have a better chance to go professional with clubs all around the world and the wages are on average higher than any other sport. I'm excited that the United States is becoming more competitive and hopefully I'll get to see us hoist the cup before my days are done.

Well stated Caleb! You are correct about it being the future (in way behind America) for youth sports. I played back to back indoor games last night in FW. The game is so dynamic yet accomodating for anyone with 2 working legs. Why is soccer the most popular and #1 sport in the world? Many will have smart a$$ remarks to why it shouldn't be ;), but to be honest, it's one of the only sports you can start playing from the time a toddler begins to walk until the day they die. The game is endless in creativity, technical skill and strategy. Even big boys and girls can play it. I know, last night we played a team that had a couple of big ol boys. :D

Just 6 days away now.

USMNT schedule:
Ghana June 16th
Portugal June 22nd
Germany June 26th

For full schedule http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

hollywood
06-06-2014, 11:01 AM
....and in the spirit of true sportsmanship.....Ghana has unleashed their witch doctors on upcoming opponents!!.....:doh:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/04/cristiano-ronaldo-will-miss-the-world-cup-because-of-incurable-injury-caused-by-witch-doctor-4750307/

.....this is all Greendawgs fault!.....

Good grief! Can you say koo-koo?! Poor sparky had to die for this.

BTW, Cristiano Renaldo is the best player in the world. Crazy speed, skill and ability to finish! One of the highest paid athletes in all of sports.

Cam
06-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Good grief! Can you say koo-koo?! Poor sparky had to die for this.

BTW, Cristiano Renaldo is the best player in the world. Crazy speed, skill and ability to finish! One of the highest paid athletes in all of sports.

....and cute too!...:spitlol:.....and in the immortal heavy accented words of my good cousin from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, "I no gay!".....

hollywood
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
....and cute too!...:spitlol:.....and in the immortal heavy accented words of my good cousin from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, "I no gay!".....

Lol, just now read this!

hollywood
06-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Just 1 day away now!

Brazil vs Croatia for the opening game tomorrow.

USA's first game is on Monday June 16th @ 5:00 Central vs Ghana! Go gringo's GO!

Saggy Aggie
06-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Since the first game is today at 3 and I'll be at work, does anyone know if the game will be re-aired again in the evening?

caleb_mccaig
06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Since the first game is today at 3 and I'll be at work, does anyone know if the game will be re-aired again in the evening?

I would assume not. At least not on ESPN or ESPN 2 until maybe late, late tonight. They may do a replay on another ESPN channel, but who knows. They'll also have replays of the U.S. Open going so it will be interesting to see if they do that. They might consider 3 p.m. to be primetime enough and not show replays.

Cam
06-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Just 1 day away now!

Brazil vs Croatia for the opening game tomorrow.

USA's first game is on Monday June 16th @ 5:00 Central vs Ghana! Go gringo's GO!

....USA team is hosed!...Ghana's infamous witch doctor has put a curse on all USA players...he has cursed them with varicocele!!!....the absolute worst case scenario!.....varicocele involves heavy swellin' of the scrotum....if the curse works, it's gonna be mighty difficult tryin' to kick some balls when your own balls keep gettin' in the way!....:eek:......can somebody please get rid of this Nana Kwaku Bonsam guy?....

....this is all Greendawg's fault!....

Cam
06-12-2014, 11:04 AM

3pm?....dang!....ain't no way I'm gonna miss the international cricket match between England and Sri Lanka if it's at the same time!......I better go check.....

....this is PROBABLY Greendawg's fault too!......

hollywood
06-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Funny story... We've had some training for work this week and there were colleagues from all parts of the globe. There was a gentleman from our Ghana branch. I asked him if he's pumped for the World Cup and if he had any thoughts on the game vs the US. He replied, "It will be goot. When is it sa?" Lol I asked him "Are you kidding me?" He said "I really do not follow socca, it stir too many emotion where I from. Riot here, riot there. I like basketbol"

Cam
06-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Funny story... We've had some training for work this week and there were colleagues from all parts of the globe. There was a gentleman from our Ghana branch. I asked him if he's pumped for the World Cup and if he had any thoughts on the game vs the US. He replied, "It will be goot. When is it sa?" Lol I asked him "Are you kidding me?" He said "I really do not follow socca, it stir too many emotion where I from. Riot here, riot there. I like basketbol"

that is funny...and the way he speaks, you did that brilliantly hollywood!....nevertheless, them Ghanadians are not ghana take no crap from the USA....but I still predict a US victory by the score of 3-1.....so, let the riots break out in Ghanaland!......and Nana Kwaku the witch doctor is not ghana wanna be seen and will go into hiding for the rest of the tournament......
Don't get me wrong, this is ghana be a tough game with a zero zero first half...it's ghana break open in the last half.....I know ghana don't wanna lose...but they're ghana....do you understanda?....chingada madre!......

FB-fanatic
06-12-2014, 10:52 PM
I work for a French based company here in Waco. We have 4 young (23-26ish) interns from Europe here working this summer. Is always fun when the cup rolls around.

hollywood
06-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Mexico sneaks past Cameroon 1-0

The Dutch totally dismantle the defending World Champs.

Holland 5
Spain 1

This could be the Netherlands World Cup!
ORANJE!

Rabid Cougar
06-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Mexico sneaks past Cameroon 1-0

The Dutch totally dismantle the defending World Champs.

Holland 5
Spain 1

This could be the Netherlands World Cup!
ORANJE!

Let me translate:

Mexia Beats Cameron

Holland Beats San Angelo?

I thought baseball season was over.

Rabid Cougar
06-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Ya'll have never experienced watching soccer until there is AK-47's involved. Iraq, 2008, Goal is scored on a game on TV and it sounds like WWIII outside. As usual, the only excitment at a soccer game is the stands or with those watching at home.

hollywood
06-13-2014, 06:33 PM
let me translate:

Mexia beats cameron

holland beats san angelo?

I thought baseball season was over.

lol!

Rabid Cougar
06-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Texas beat Australia !

Cam
06-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Nigeria vs Iran going on now......wow...I never realized the Iranians were into tattoos!!...wonder if they let the women get em'??.....now I really want to know what's really under all that burka stuff!!...:crazy1:......

Rabid Cougar
06-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Nigeria vs Iran going on now......wow...I never realized the Iranians were into tattoos!!...wonder if they let the women get em'??.....now I really want to know what's really under all that burka stuff!!...:crazy1:......

They've been hanging around infidels on their professional teams in Europe. Good Muslims dont have tats.

Cam
06-16-2014, 04:21 PM
They've been hanging around infidels on their professional teams in Europe. Good Muslims dont have tats.

:spitlol:.....uhh....you are kiddin' right??...:thinking:

Rabid Cougar
06-16-2014, 04:29 PM
:spitlol:.....uhh....you are kiddin' right??...:thinking:

Spent a year and half around them on their own turf. Arabs and Afghans. The only ink I saw was on American, Brits or Eastern Europeans.

Cam
06-16-2014, 04:29 PM
gosh dangit!....I was about to go on a negative rant about soccer (futbol).....but I gotta run home and catch the USA match!....:doh::vrycnfsd:

hollywood
06-16-2014, 09:47 PM
Historical match for Merica today! What a game, what a game!! #USMNT #IBelieve

PhiI C
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Man Brazil vs Mexico is a great defensive game and scoreless after 71 minutes of play so far. Brazil is favored to win it all while Mexico just barely qualified to make it to there.

caleb_mccaig
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Man Brazil vs Mexico is a great defensive game and scoreless after 71 minutes of play so far. Brazil is favored to win it all while Mexico just barely qualified to make it to there.

It's been a ridiculous game. Memo has played out of his mind for Mexico and without him they would probably be down three of four.

PhiI C
06-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Final scoreless tie.

Rabid Cougar
06-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Final scoreless tie.

No winner by First Downs or Penetrations??????

hollywood
06-17-2014, 10:53 PM

Brazil is not the favorite. They will not win the World Cup.

It will likely come down to Germany, Netherlands (Holland), Italy, France, Switzerland, Argentina, and a far outside chance of the US! ;)

caleb_mccaig
06-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Brazil is not the favorite. They will not win the World Cup.

It will likely come down to Germany, Netherlands (Holland), Italy, France, Switzerland, Argentina, and a far outside chance of the US! ;)

I'd say Brazil was the favorite at the beginning, at least if you looked at the betting odds.

I never thought they were miles ahead of anyone though. I agree, I think it's Germany's to lose.

Saggy Aggie
06-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Netherlands and Australia has been awesome

caleb_mccaig
06-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Netherlands and Australia has been awesome

That was probably the best game so far.

caleb_mccaig
06-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Seeing on Twitter than Ronaldo's doctor is urging him to not play again in the World Cup due to issues with his patellar tendon. He says if continues to play then he risks further injury beyond repair which could end his career. Ronaldo left practice early today.

That would be beyond huge for the USMNT.

Saggy Aggie
06-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Pepe is already because he got a red card against Germany... If Ronaldo doesn't play, we should win

hollywood
06-19-2014, 08:44 AM
The mighty Spaniards exit the World Cup losing their first 2 opening matches! Shocker? Maybe, if you remember that they are the world defending champs. But, no so much if you know that they have several starters in their 30's. They looked sluggish against Holland and especially against Chile. They allowed 7 goals and managed to score only one goal in two games. Not the performance Spain is expected to uphold.

hollywood
06-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Seeing on Twitter than Ronaldo's doctor is urging him to not play again in the World Cup due to issues with his patellar tendon. He says if continues to play then he risks further injury beyond repair which could end his career. Ronaldo left practice early today.

That would be beyond huge for the USMNT.

With Renaldo being hindered by a nagging knee injury, he will not be in full form and quite possibly, may not play. If he decides to play, he risks career ending results. And with Pepe sitting out with a red card, their defending side is less than stellar. Does this mean an automatic 3 points for the U.S.? Not so fast. Jozy Altidore, one of the Yanks key attacking threats, is nursing a strained hammy from the opening match against Ghana and could be forced to sit out as well. Hopeful that he will play, it’s likely he will not. Aron Johannsson will be the replacement for Altidore and brings qualities to the front line no other U.S. striker offers. Clint Dempsey, who suffered a broken nose against Ghana will play. But with both sides having injuries and cards to key players, this historic match that is looming on Sunday with Portugal could depend on the less experienced depth. I like our chances and think this could be the USMNT's best World Cup performance to date. #USMNT #IBelieve

hollywood
06-24-2014, 10:06 AM
USMNT has about a 77% chance to advance to the knock out stages... The Round of 16. Germany is up next... a draw or win by the US will guarantee advancement to the next round. If the US lose, then it gets more complicated and the US's fate will be determined on the results from the Ghana vs Portugal game.

Both matches will be played on Thursday 06/26 @ 5:00 PM CST.

#IBelieve

Saggy Aggie
06-24-2014, 10:12 AM
USMNT has about a 77% chance to advance to the knock out stages... The Round of 16. Germany is up next... a draw or win by the US will guarantee advancement to the next round. If the US lose, then it gets more complicated and the US's fate will be determined on the results from the Ghana vs Portugal game.

Both matches will be played on Thursday 06/26 @ 5:00 PM CST.

#IBelieve

These games are at 11 am....

hollywood
06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
These games are at 11 am....

Yep... looked at the schedule wrong... you are correct SA.

hollywood
06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
The 2014 World Cup is bigger than the Olympics, Super Bowl and Academy Awards combined!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/on-facebook-world-cup-is-bigger-than-olympics-super-bowl-combined/

hollywood
06-24-2014, 10:21 AM
USMNT's scenarios to advance to the next round of 16.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-cup-2014-the-scenarios-for-the-u-s-advancing-to-the-knockout-stage/

Cam
06-24-2014, 11:03 AM
I gotta admit, that Mexico vs Croatia match was quite entertaining....I usually only pay attention to the US games....but this game got quite testy!.(too bad they don't throw hands like in hockey!)...there was a lot of pushing and shoving going on and both teams were yackin' vulgarities at each other!.....and no one was understanding a single word!! LOL.....I think the Mexicans blood pressure finally got elevated after the big shovin' match and they started playing their game which resulted in 3 goals and the win......I don't remember the Croats name, but he was starring down a Mex player after a good collision.....now either this Croat fella brushed up on his Spanish or he has a similar Croatian word..but I clearly read his lips.....and it was not nice!!....:spitlol:
Man, if only the US can control the ball like the Mexican team did in this one (their passing was incredibly good), they'd be alright vs Germany....

PhiI C
06-24-2014, 11:06 AM
The 2014 World Cup is bigger than the Olympics, Super Bowl and Academy Awards combined!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/on-facebook-world-cup-is-bigger-than-olympics-super-bowl-combined/

But not in the USA and interest here will go away as soon as USA is eliminated. :(

Cam
06-24-2014, 11:36 AM
A sample of verbal exchanges between Mexico & Croatia:

Croatian player: "šupak"!!!
Mexican player: "Orale, que dijiste buey?"
Croat: "si me vrijeđaš?"
Mex: "Que?"....
Croat: "Poljubi me u guzicu!"
Mex: "Que?"
Croat: " Nakon utakmice, ti i ja na parkiralištu!"
Mex: "Te pongo una chinga cabron...me entiendes pinche gringo?"
Croat: "što?"
Mex: "Te voy a patear los lluevos si no te cuidas buey!"
Croat: "šuti ti malo smeđe čovjeka!"
the Japanese linesman: あなたのすべては、ただ黙ってプレー ----- TRANSLATION: "All of you, just play in silence!"
Mex: "Usted tiene un pene pequeño!"
Croat: "tvoja mama je to puno volio!"......somehow, he understood that last line!!...One smart Croat sumbitch!!...
Croat: "što?"
Croat: "što?".................
Mex: "Pateas la pelota como mi abuela!"
Croat: "Vi kick kao tri nogom magarca!"
Mex: "Cerveza después del partido?"
Croat: "većina definitivno!".............................:1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
06-24-2014, 02:42 PM
I see Mike Tyson now playing for the Uruguay team.

Cam
06-24-2014, 02:58 PM
I see Mike Tyson now playing for the Uruguay team.

http://www.jrn.com/fox4now/now-trending/WATCH-Does-Uruguay-soccer-star-bite-Italian-opponent-264436711.html

Said Uruguay's Suarez: "Ustedes los italianos hueles tan bien .... ¿puedo probar?"
Italy's Ciellini responded: "La prossima volta che fate che ancora una volta si sta andando ad ottenere un piede su per il culo!"

:spitlol:.....wonder what's next??......

caleb_mccaig
06-24-2014, 03:01 PM
http://www.jrn.com/fox4now/now-trending/WATCH-Does-Uruguay-soccer-star-bite-Italian-opponent-264436711.html

Said Uruguay's Suarez: "Ustedes los italianos hueles tan bien .... ¿puedo probar?"
Italy's Ciellini responded: "La prossima volta che fate che ancora una volta si sta andando ad ottenere un piede su per il culo!"

:spitlol:.....wonder what's next??......

Haha Suarez is SO stupid. He has his best year ever and now bites someone for the THIRD time. Guy has crazy talent, but is also just crazy in the head.

hollywood
06-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Yeah, Bucky Suarez strikes again. Dude needs to be banned from the World Cup with that crap.

Some funny stuff being created on the web though! lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/internet-goes-meme-crazy-after-luis-suarez-bites-chiellini-184547368.html

Saggy Aggie
06-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Brazil just beat chile on penalty kicks....

hollywood
06-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Brazil just beat chile on penalty kicks....

Best game of the World Cup so far!