PDA

View Full Version : Tamu

Saggy Aggie
06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Dismissed Claiborne and Golden, both starters last year as true freshman and both arrested this offseason...

Rabid Cougar
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Sound like they don't need to be on the team.

Weebe
06-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Supposedly arrested for armed robbery after pot incident in the spring.

Sumlin needs to regain control of his team.

Embarrassing offseason.

Saggy Aggie
06-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Those 2 were a pretty good chunk of the problem. Good that they're gone

Rabid Cougar
06-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Supposedly arrested for armed robbery after pot incident in the spring.

Sumlin needs to regain control of his team.

Embarrassing offseason.

This has nothing to do with the coach having control of the team. Maybe doing a better job of looking into their background before he recruited them would have helped. Coaches will not change a zebra's stripes unless the zebra wants them changed.
I have no sympathy for players who have the oppertunity that 98% of high school football players would give their left nut for and they go and piss it off like that. Don't care if they wear the maroon or burnt orange uniform.
I have seen first hand how activity like this and coaches turning a blind eye to it or minimalizing it impacts the players that are trying to make a difference on the team.

cougartino
06-04-2014, 09:24 AM
This has nothing to do with the coach having control of the team. Maybe doing a better job of looking into their background before he recruited them would have helped. Coaches will not change a zebra's stripes unless the zebra wants them changed.
I have no sympathy for players who have the oppertunity that 98% of high school football players would give their left nut for and they go and piss it off like that. Don't care if they wear the maroon or burnt orange uniform.
I have seen first hand how activity like this and coaches turning a blind eye to it or minimalizing it impacts the players that are trying to make a difference on the team.

:iagree: 110%

coach
06-04-2014, 09:28 AM
thugs

caleb_mccaig
06-04-2014, 09:40 AM
No school is innocent of this.

Bullaholic
06-04-2014, 10:01 AM

"There is iron in your words for all Commanche to see..."--Chief 10 Bears ("The Outlaw Josey Wales")

I agree 100%, RC....

Weebe
06-04-2014, 11:10 AM

These guys had been involved in multiple incidents this offseason before the armed robbery. Sumlin have them both multiple chances.

Rabid Cougar
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
"There is iron in your words for all Commanche to see..."--Chief 10 Bears ("The Outlaw Josey Wales")

Good one!

gatordaze
06-05-2014, 08:23 AM

This is exactly the right answer. Coaches cannot win in evaluation, take the best player, the best teammate, the best kid? Not always the same kid. These guys were stud players but come with known baggage. Tamu has lost 8 now from the 2013 class.

I think that the decline of Texas' performance coincided with a decline and disciplinary problems and are primarily due to Mack becoming unwilling to gamble on the questionable kid. The best coaches can keep a team focused on the goal 365 days. I like what Coach Strong has started at Texas. It remains to be seen if it will produce the results.

Celina8
06-05-2014, 10:34 AM
If I remember correctly Golden got into some trouble with his Coaches at Elysian Fields and that is when he transferred to Carthage. Lot of talk on the message boards on another site that his behavior and issues of drug use were a problem then.

1st and goal
07-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Stop the bleeding...how many have we lost on defense? Gavin Stansbury just the other day.

I AM Chief Ten Beers. :)

Saggy Aggie
08-08-2014, 08:41 PM
BUT, Myles Garrett and speedy haven't gotten arrested yet so that's good

regaleagle
08-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Stop the bleeding...how many have we lost on defense? Gavin Stansbury just the other day.

I AM Chief Ten Beers. :)

BUT....do you still have your left nut???

1st and goal
08-29-2014, 08:17 AM
BUT....do you still have your left nut???

Got 'em both. Still work too. :)
I AM Chief Ten Beers.

Rabid Cougar
08-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Got 'em both. Still work too. :)
I AM Chief Ten Beers.

I am glad somebody does..........