PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Argyle, 4pm

pirate4state
06-01-2014, 09:32 AM
For a chance to play in the championship game. Let's go Pirates!

Final 4 in football and baseball for both communities. What an incredible year.

Good luck and see y'all at the Disch

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
For a chance to play in the championship game. Let's go Pirates!

Final 4 in football and baseball for both communities. What an incredible year.

Good luck and see y'all at the Disch

4 pm. YES! Might be able to make it. Lets Go PIRATES!!!!!

maestro
06-01-2014, 10:12 AM
UIL does not bracket info posted yet.

Scoop should know something about EB.

pirate4state
06-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Been changed to 1pm to accommodate Argyle graduation.

Be_Advised
06-01-2014, 11:25 AM

4PM sounded a lot better.

SHSBulldog00
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM

How is that going to affect the other games?

pirate4state
06-01-2014, 11:32 AM
It sure did Be Advised. Now I can't go. With a 4p start I could have worked a half day

SHSBulldog00
06-01-2014, 11:33 AM
College Station vs. Lubbock Cooper will then play at 4

SintonFan_inAustin
06-01-2014, 11:33 AM
4PM sounded a lot better.
yep. Its foxsportsouthwest webcast for Wednesday and save my half day for Thursday in case they make it to final game.

Be_Advised
06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
yep. Its foxsportsouthwest webcast for Wednesday and save my half day for Thursday in case they make it to final game.

If Sinton can make the final, I may be able to make it.

regaleagle
06-01-2014, 02:56 PM
See my post in the Baseball Pairings for State Tournament thread on Argyle/Sinton.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-03-2014, 05:02 PM
If Sinton can make the final, I may be able to make it.

Me and the wife were both able to get off from work for tomorrow so will be making semifinal game and hopefully the state final. Saved you a seat at Calallen this past weekend :)

YTBulldogs
06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Good luck Sinton. Bring it back to R4.

Be_Advised
06-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Me and the wife were both able to get off from work for tomorrow so will be making semifinal game and hopefully the state final. Saved you a seat at Calallen this past weekend :)

Thanks, I was just joking about the seat. Now I feel bad about not making it out there. Still hoping to get the day off Thursday if you guys advance.

hollywood
06-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Argyle vs Lubbuck Cooper for SC.

regaleagle
06-03-2014, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1813312]Argyle vs Lubbuck Cooper for SC.[/

Dadgum it, Hollywood.....the curse is on us now, haha. You're right about 50% of the time, so I don't know if that's good or bad, lol. I had the Sinton game as a dead toss-up, so I reckon it's just about that with your call, huh? Anything can happen in these one-gamers, so it's just a fine day to be able to play for a shot at the big kahuna. May the force be with our Eagles tomorrow at 1 pm in Disch-Faulk....cuz Sinton's been there, done that before.

Don't know if Argyle will pitch Gooch or Mushinski tomorrow, but either way the boyz will hafta put the bat on the ball. The team that plays the "cleanest" will win this one, imo. I see a little "small ball" in the forecast for Argyle.

hollywood
06-03-2014, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=hollywood;1813312]Argyle vs Lubbuck Cooper for SC.[/

Dadgum it, Hollywood.....the curse is on us now, haha. You're right about 50% of the time, so I don't know if that's good or bad, lol. I had the Sinton game as a dead toss-up, so I reckon it's just about that with your call, huh? Anything can happen in these one-gamers, so it's just a fine day to be able to play for a shot at the big kahuna. May the force be with our Eagles tomorrow at 1 pm in Disch-Faulk....cuz Sinton's been there, done that before.

Don't know if Argyle will pitch Gooch or Mushinski tomorrow, but either way the boyz will hafta put the bat on the ball. The team that plays the "cleanest" will win this one, imo. I see a little "small ball" in the forecast for Argyle.
Lol! Well, a little better than 50% if you will. It's truly a roll of the dice at this point. All (4) teams are quality and deserve the right to be there. It's just a simple pick 'em for me. May the best teams advance.

regaleagle
06-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Yep....it's 5 am and I up typing about this game. Argyle ace Drew Gooch will be the starter for the Eagles today. He's undefeated so far this season. He's the one that signed to pitch for TCU.....a pretty good lefty and a decent all-around baseballer. IF Argyle wins today, Parker Mushinski, the other lefty(TTech) for the Eagles, will pitch the final game. There is a 3rd lefty, Hunter Markwardt(junior,RF) that can be used in relief, and a couple of righties also, if needed. But what the Eagles really need is RUNS plated. They have the pitching and defense once they get ahead.....if they CAN get the lead. And Sinton appears to be able to score and play defense, so I don't know......Good luck to both teams today and let's hope for an exciting day of action on the diamond. Win or lose today, both teams have experienced a highly successful season they will be able to remember fondly in the years to come.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Yep....it's 5 am and I up typing about this game. Argyle ace Drew Gooch will be the starter for the Eagles today. He's undefeated so far this season. He's the one that signed to pitch for TCU.....a pretty good lefty and a decent all-around baseballer. IF Argyle wins today, Parker Mushinski, the other lefty(TTech) for the Eagles, will pitch the final game. There is a 3rd lefty, Hunter Markwardt(junior,RF) that can be used in relief, and a couple of righties also, if needed. But what the Eagles really need is RUNS plated. They have the pitching and defense once they get ahead.....if they CAN get the lead. And Sinton appears to be able to score and play defense, so I don't know......Good luck to both teams today and let's hope for an exciting day of action on the diamond. Win or lose today, both teams have experienced a highly successful season they will be able to remember fondly in the years to come.Parker Mushinski will be teammates with Sinton Donivan Lopez at Texas Tech he's also unbeaten and hitting .500 for the season. Sinton might go with Trey Burk, he sign with a local college in our area and he is 9-1 with a 0.48 era for the season and been tossing nothing but zeroes in the playoffs. Other pitcher is freshman 8-2 and has allowed only once this season more than 2 runs in a game and given up only 1 earned run in the playoffs. If they still away from the bad pitches they should get in some good swings and make Argyle play defense. Sinton catcher is pretty active so i'm sure he'll like the challenge of Argyle trying to steal.

K better get ready hoping to leave before 8 am. Good luck to both and look forward to a great game.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Thanks, I was just joking about the seat. Now I feel bad about not making it out there. Still hoping to get the day off Thursday if you guys advance.

lol, was waiting for the free popcorn.

Be_Advised
06-04-2014, 08:48 AM
lol, was waiting for the free popcorn.

Heard they ran out of food cause they were use to only about a 100 or so people which show up to Calallen playoff games.

I shouldn't be critical of CHS fan base, the decline in the Robstown fan base has reached pitiful levels these days.

Bullaholic
06-04-2014, 09:15 AM
This one looks like one of those big matchups that folks all over have been anticipating. I hope it lives up to expectations. Sinton is a traditional baseball power, and Argyle an emerging 3A sports juggernaut. Best of luck to both teams. I sure wish P4S was free to go to this one.

coach
06-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Sinton has it so easy lol. Easiest regon in the state by far.

Scoop27
06-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Will there be in internet audio feed for this Sinton game?

Be_Advised
06-04-2014, 11:17 AM
I believe KMAC will be doing audio today.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Kmacsports.com

hollywood
06-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Sinton has it so easy lol. Easiest regon in the state by far.

It's generally the weakest of the 4 regions, but doesn't mean Sinton is the weakest of the 4 teams playing this weekend. ;)

hollywood
06-04-2014, 11:27 AM
So is anyone that is going to watch the Sinton/Argyle game staying to watch Lubbock Cooper/College Station afterward? Lubbock Cooper is a very desciplined and athlete baseball team. Will be hard to beat.

3A Semifinals 1:00 pm UFCU Disch Falk Field Sinton (25-9-2) vs. Argyle (31-9-1)
3A Semifinals 4:00 pm UFCU Disch Falk Field Lubbock Cooper (20-17) vs. College Station (33-6-1)

Roughneck93
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Need plenty of updates please.

Thanks....

hollywood
06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Congrats to Argyle Eagles! Clearly the better team today. Solid pitching and solid bats!

Congrats to Sinton on a great season and reaching the State semi's!