PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ OKC Thunder: Can the Spurs Close it out Tonite?

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 07:45 PM
The Spurs haven't played well on the road in this series, and neither has the Thunder. It's been homecourt advantage by a wide margin so far, but I'll be watching this one to see what changes Popovich has up his sleeve to help San Antonio play better on the road in OKC tonite. :cool:

Phil C
05-31-2014, 08:01 PM
I think OKC wins tonight. I look for Pop to rest his starters tonight to get them ready for the 7th game in San Antonio.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 09:57 PM
It's getting crazy now with a minute left.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:00 PM
San Antonio needs to regain it's composure....easier said than done in these waning minutes at the Thunderdome. The call should have been goaltending on OKC there....a big no call in OKC. Might be the difference in not only this game, but perhaps the results of the series. We'll see what happens.

TexMike
05-31-2014, 10:02 PM
Great teams do not leave it in the ref's hands

YTBulldogs
05-31-2014, 10:02 PM
:rolleyes:

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Great saying....but not true in today's highly competitive sports. These athlete's are all very capable. Sometimes a bad call DOES make all the difference, esp. moreso in a game like basketball where it comes down to seconds all the time.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Overtime normally favors the home team.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Probably a good foul there.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Spurs had their chance to close it out in regulation, but missed the shot. Now in overtime, on the road in OKC, it could get dicey for them.

TexMike
05-31-2014, 10:18 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people who probably watch lots of sports can say a single officiating error can "cost the game/" I guess all the missed 3-pointers the Spurs had, most of which were open shots, had nothing to do with the outcome?

The only thing that amazes me more is how anyone can say it is "rigged". That is a libelous comment which could result on an easy courtroom win should the refs or league ever wish to go after someone for saying it.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:21 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how a Professional Referee that gets paid to make correct calls can so easily err in the favor of the home team at the most crucial moments in the game.

TexMike
05-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Dos it amaze you how a professional athlete who gets paid much more can make an incorrect decision or play at the most crucial moments of the game?

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:29 PM
To be fair, there's lots of "no calls" in games of this magnitude in an attempt to let the game be decided by the players on the court. My comment was strictly a "homerism", and I did cover it with a post noting the Spurs did have their chance to win thereafter.

caleb_mccaig
05-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Durant is garbage. Will never win a title as long as Lebron is in the league and he has a better cast around him. It was all over for Durant when Lil B put the curse on him.

regaleagle
05-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Spurs earned it and were most likely the best team in the West this season. Should be able to give the Heat a very competitive series....at least let's hope so.

icu812
06-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Durant is garbage. Will never win a title as long as Lebron is in the league and he has a better cast around him. It was all over for Durant when Lil B put the curse on him.

IMO the problem is Westbrook not Durant. The Thunder need a real PG. Westbrook is an amazing athlete but that dude isn't a PG. I'm not sure they will ever be able to run any sort of offense as long as he's at PG. He's a bigger but not as good version of AI. Should have kept Durant/Harden and traded Westbrook. They need a pass first PG and a decent Center. If that means Westbrook needs to go then I'd get rid of him or at least move him SG. They have some good players but they mostly just stand around and watch Westbrook dribble around then take horrible shots. At times Durant never sees the ball and when he does it's late in the shot clock. Just bad basketball and if the HC can't fix it he needs to go as well.

Phil C
06-01-2014, 09:31 PM
The Thunder should have kept Hardin. This win was important in that the Heat will not have a big advantage in rest time. This is especially critical for Tony.

caleb_mccaig
06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
IMO the problem is Westbrook not Durant. The Thunder need a real PG. Westbrook is an amazing athlete but that dude isn't a PG. I'm not sure they will ever be able to run any sort of offense as long as he's at PG. He's a bigger but not as good version of AI. Should have kept Durant/Harden and traded Westbrook. They need a pass first PG and a decent Center. If that means Westbrook needs to go then I'd get rid of him or at least move him SG. They have some good players but they mostly just stand around and watch Westbrook dribble around then take horrible shots. At times Durant never sees the ball and when he does it's late in the shot clock. Just bad basketball and if the HC can't fix it he needs to go as well.

That certainly is a valid argument. I think the same way sometimes. The only thing you can't deny is that Westbrook was their best player in the playoffs this year, especially in this series. He does however take a lot of shots away from KD. The only thing is, is that KD is to much of a nice guy. He'll never be the guy who will pull Westbrook aside and tell him to stop shooting and if he ever did Westbrook wouldn't listen to him. It's a clash of personalities that I don't think can be avoided. Both are great players and play at extremely high levels.

One thing to ponder this off-season, I really wouldn't be surprised if OKC traded Westbrook straight up for Kevin Love this offseason.

caleb_mccaig
06-02-2014, 09:13 AM
The Thunder should have kept Hardin. This win was important in that the Heat will not have a big advantage in rest time. This is especially critical for Tony.

Harden couldn't win even one series with a better overall cast.