PDA

View Full Version : School Spirit

Tiganut
05-27-2014, 01:38 PM
What are your schools policies on students missing school to attend State Tournament? They talk school spirit all year and when a team makes the state tournament, now they say they will not move tests around and will be unexcused. Teachers have said they don't mind moving tests for students going but administration says "no way". Just wondering. Doesn't affect me, son is a Senior.

caleb_mccaig
05-27-2014, 02:02 PM
I think the school should do whatever it takes to get the kids there, not for their sake but for the kids who are on the team. I'd be pissed if I worked my ass off all year to get to the state tournament and the only people in the stands are parents. I don't know about other schools, but CS always had a pretty rambunctious student section when it came to playoffs when I was in school and a few years after. Fans do matter.

maestro
05-27-2014, 02:42 PM
CHANGE the TEST times!!!

Good grief adms!!!

Don't they know that statistically, the finals will not save or kill someone's grade ave.

Having typed this, as a long time educator, doesn't surprise me.

Scoop27
05-27-2014, 03:25 PM
I know East Bernard H.S. is letting their kids out early on Wednesday and Thursday to watch the softball team play at state. The baseball team plays Bishop on Thursday night in Victoria for the Region IV championship and it's a 82 mile drive from EB and first game isn't until 7 p.m