PDA

View Full Version : Just had to brag

44INAROW
05-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Just had to brag a bit - our oldest granddaughter rec'd $93,000 in scholarships today at the Awards Assembly... So proud of her... :)

Rabid Cougar
05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Outstanding!

bobcat1
05-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Just had to brag a bit - our oldest granddaughter rec'd $93,000 in scholarships today at the Awards Assembly... So proud of her... :)

:eek: Amazing! Congrats!

Cam
05-22-2014, 12:02 PM
....that's mucho good!....what are her plans??...

coach
05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
take it to the boats and put it all on black!

YTBulldogs
05-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Congrats 44. :2thumbsup

Saggy Aggie
05-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Congrats, I'm sure it's well deserved and a lot less stress on the family.

Did she receive that all for one school? That would be more than enough to pay for 4 years at a school like A&M, including housing, food, gas, etc

I know I had multiple offers from various schools all announced at the same time, which made it look way more inflated than it was when it came down to it.

NastySlot
05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Great Job....Congrats

PhiI C
05-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Great news indeed! :clap:

SHSBulldog00
05-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Congrats

44INAROW
05-22-2014, 03:00 PM
you're right Aggie - it looks alot of $$ (explanation below) but looks can be deceiving
after pretty much footing the bill for 2 graduate degrees (2 of the 3 sons) I say every bit helps lol

She's already enlisted and signed up for 4 years with the Army - She spent last summer doing her Basic Training in Oklahoma and heads to New Jersey June 11th for something else ( AIP or some other initials) . It's my understanding that the $$ is just a guesimate figure - there is obviously no real $$ changing hands until she satisfies her Uncle's (Sam) committment - but if she does, then that much will be available for her to complete her degree, whatever that may be.. Maybe like the GI Bill? who knows, we're just proud that she kept up her grades and was able to fulfill her Every other weekend duty to Uncle Sam all through her Senior year - like I said, I am not 100% sure of all the details but I do know she worked her butt off every other weekend..

Her daddy, My oldest son, is a Physical Therapist and she's thought about that field but she's really not certain what she wants to do. (I think to become a PT now, you have to damn near have a doctorate degree) She might decide to make the military her career - I had no idea you could enlist at the age of 17 (which she did last March 2013) do your basic in the summer and then attend high school and graduate, then continue on with training.. I'm just praying she isn't deployed to the middle east - if she is, she says she's ready.. scary for this grandmother.....

bobcat1
05-22-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm just praying she isn't deployed to the middle east - if she is, she says she's ready.. scary for this grandmother..... I am praying with you. That is no place for a young lady to go.

waterboy
05-22-2014, 03:15 PM
WOW! That's a mighty big chunk of change that you won't be having to cough up! Sounds like a really smart and focused young lady!

cougartino
05-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Great news!

My last one graduated from the collegiate high at the local junior college on May 10th with her associate's. The high school graduation is on the 30th. In 2 years, she'll have her bachelor's in mathematics, just like the old man. I'm choked up about it!

1st and goal
05-22-2014, 05:16 PM
congrats 44, sounds like she has her head screwed on right! Looking forward.

maestro
05-22-2014, 09:15 PM

Congrats to her!!!!

And thanks for sharing. Be sure and write thank you notes to the scholarship providers.

44INAROW
05-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Congrats to her!!!!

And thanks for sharing. Be sure and write thank you notes to the scholarship providers.

So funny you mentioned this. I am the daughter of an English teacher and believe me when I say, Thank you note writing was drilled into my head.. Last night I called Shania to tell her a friend and neighbor had brought a graduation gift by for her. She came over to pick it up and when I was walking her out to her car, I put my arm around her and started to speak and before I could get it out, she said, "yes grandma, I will write the Weavers a thank you note and I will personalize it". ROFL. She knew I was going to say it. 😛

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bullaholic
05-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Congrats to your granddaughter, and her family, 44'. She is a bright and talented young lady who is going to serve our country. Thank your family, and her, for her commitment to America. All of us are proud of our kids and grandkids when they excel on the field, classroom, or life, and this young lady has demonstrated that she is willing to work hard to achieve her goals in life. I wish her every success.

Cam
05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Well, like singer songwriter Dan Bern said, "it ain't braggin' if it's true!"....

And it ain't braggin' if it's true
Yes sir, yes sir, it ain't braggin' if it's true
Muhammad Ali said that
Back when he was Cassius Clay
Before he fought too many fights
And left his brain inside the ring

And sometimes I wish I was Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods
Sometimes I wish I was Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods -------------------------Dan Bern - Tiger Woods (funny song!...but watch out for the rest of them lyrics in that song!...:doh:)

Congrats again 44!!!

Tejastrue
05-23-2014, 09:49 AM
You know...it's not really bragging when it's fact...Congrats :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1qkorFszY