PDA

View Full Version : Argyle Clinches Lone Star Cup

regaleagle
05-22-2014, 07:41 AM
For the third year in a row, it looks like Argyle High School will win the Class 3A UIL Lone Star Cup. Yesterday's results at the Academics State Meet in Austin had Argyle as the overwhelming winner with 160 points. The second place school was College Station with 74.50 total points at the Academic Meet. These are not yet official numbers, but the meet has concluded and it appears Argyle has won by a large margin....again. Argyle was leading the 2014 standings in the Lone Star Cup by 2 points over Kennedale, but with the win at the State Academic Meet and the baseball team still in the playoffs, it appears there is no school that can catch or overtake the Eagles in the standings. Usually, the winner of the Lone Star Cup is announced during the summer after all the points from all the qualifying categories has been tallied. The baseball playoffs and state championships usually extend past the school year into the summer. Since it looks as if Argyle has "unofficially" clinched the 3A division, I wanted to post it on Texas Downlow before graduation so that all the seniors can receive some recognition for their efforts this year. The senior class will go out with 3 Lone Star Cups under their belts. That's an awesome accomplishment at any level for any school. Congrats to these fine students and to all the students and teachers at Argyle High School for another highly successful school year. You are tops in the state overall in your classification among all 3A schools. :2thumbsup

bobcat1
05-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Congrats!

buckeyebob
05-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Great job!

regaleagle
05-23-2014, 06:16 AM
I didn't mean to, but I forgot to congratulate all the parents of the students and the sacrifices they have made thru the year for their high schoolers as well. Without their contributions also, I doubt whether this school and the community as a whole would enjoy such success for their kids. And many of these parents are normal hard-working folks where both spouses are employed on a daily basis. They still find the time to dedicate much of their energy and support towards the educational and extra-curricular activities of their children in a very big way to ensure a full, well-rounded social and educational environment in which their children are urged to actively participate. There is a very healthy environment of very high participation rate among the student body as a whole going on over at Argyle High School, I can assure you of that. You can bet that the community in large part is also deserving of accolades for this kind of atmosphere and environment that has been created, nurtured, and supported.......Just something to think about. These kids are turning out to be very good citizens prepared for the challenges of the future when they leave Argyle High School.

regaleagle
05-23-2014, 06:37 AM
I guess in a way I'm also saying congratulations to all the parents around the state that do the same thing in their communities for their children. It's that time of year to reflect back and to look forward for your children....to give them a hug and tell them how much you love them and how proud you are of all they have accomplished. This is what is most important, and please don't shy away from doing this. We're all in this together.....otherwise you wouldn't be here reading my post, would you!