PDA

View Full Version : Possible ESPN2 game for Stephenville this season

jason
05-20-2014, 03:28 PM
http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/stephenville/espn-broadcast-a-possibility-for-stephenville/article_d5fb1e77-e4de-5944-9525-563c367d56d9.html

Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:13 am
ESPN 2 broadcast a possibility for Stephenville (http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/live/yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/stephenville/espn-broadcast-a-possibility-for-stephenville/article_d5fb1e77-e4de-5944-9525-563c367d56d9.html)
By BRAD KEITH brad.keith@empiretribune.com
Twitter @etsports Stephenville Empire-Tribune

It was suggested at Monday's regular meeting of the Stephenville ISD board of trustees that the Yellow Jackets may play on ESPN 2 this fall
Stephenville assistant athletic director Mike Carroll clarified on Tuesday.
"(ESPN) contacted us and asked for our home schedule then asked if we would be willing to play Lubbock Cooper on a Thursday (Sept. 18) instead of on a Saturday," Carroll said. "Cooper said they were okay with that, but they only want to move the game if it's on TV. We let (ESPN) know, and they have not gotten back with us with a decision."

Carroll said if a decision is not reached before the start of the preseason, the Jackets would move forward with their original schedule and host Cooper on Saturday, Sept. 20.

The Yellow Jackets defeated Cooper 42-28 in the 3A Division I Region I final and state quarterfinal last December in a game delayed three days by winter weather. It was the deepest playoff run in school history for Cooper. Five-time state champ Stephenville was eliminated in the semifinals by Kilgore five days later.

Stephenville is no stranger to the limelight, but has never had a game broadcast by a network with the reach of ESPN. Fox Sports Southwest has broadcast the Yellow Jackets in state championship games, and they have also aired on UPN Channel 21.

hollywood
05-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Cool, why not!

refereedoc
05-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Great news if it happens. They will have to bring portable lighting like they did a few years ago for a Tarleton game. The lighting at Memorial is HORRIBLE. The only place where I have taken pictures that is darker was Waco La Vega, both like taking pictures in a closet.

bobcat1
05-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Is Kenny Chesney singing? Then..........

slingshot
05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Great news if it happens. They will have to bring portable lighting like they did a few years ago for a Tarleton game. The lighting at Memorial is HORRIBLE. The only place where I have taken pictures that is darker was Waco La Vega, both like taking pictures in a closet.The crickets prefer dim light...

refereedoc
05-23-2014, 07:48 AM
The crickets prefer dim light...

Good one! Some of my fondest memories as a kid in that stadium is throwing crickets down on people below us and watching them squirm. LOL

jason
05-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Is Kenny Chesney singing? Then..........
no, we listen to good country music in stephenville....

Cam
05-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Good one! Some of my fondest memories as a kid in that stadium is throwing crickets down on people below us and watching them squirm. LOL

refereedoc!!..how could you??.....that reminded of the times in 7th grade when we'd watch films in class...I'd sit in the back of the class...sneak a piece of gum in my mouth....take tiny pieces out and fling them blindly into the darkness!!!.....When lights came on you'd see kids messin' with their hair!........and the teacher would be pretty ticked off!!....Never did fess up to it!!.....:devil:.....can you say, "break out the scissors"!!!......

ccmom
05-23-2014, 09:03 PM
The crickets prefer dim light...

Those crickets are big enough to hold flashlights to light up the field!! Ugh!!

toddg
05-25-2014, 11:39 PM
I would rather watch the Jackets game with the Alaska team