PDA

View Full Version : The Heat will 3Peat!

Phil C
05-18-2014, 07:22 PM
They will win the 2014 NBA Championship and another ring for our here Lebron. I am a Spurs fan but we must face reality. It has happened as I expected. The Heat will have basically had an easier time in a weaker Eastern Division while the Western Division has better teams that have and will continue to exhaust and beat up on each other. Hence another 3peat in the boring dynasty NBA. I would love to be wrong but I don't think so. :(

waterboy
05-19-2014, 08:04 AM
San Antonio will win it, in my opinion. Indiana could beat the Heat. We'll see...

bd62
05-19-2014, 06:13 PM
8 seed in west could be 3 seed in east. There teams staying home in west with over 40 wins and Atlanta with 38 wins pushes "1seed to 7 games. That does make the wear and tear on Miami lots less than Spurs or OKC. Be interesting to see how long Pacers hang in there because they fixing to get a big push from Heat.
Spurs and OKC will be a great series

Phil C
05-20-2014, 10:16 PM
I was sure the Heat would win game 2. I think the Thunder will play much better tomorrow. I repeat - the Heat will 3peat.

Macarthur
05-20-2014, 10:31 PM
The heat look very vulnerable to me.

carter08
05-20-2014, 11:36 PM
The heat look very vulnerable to me.

The Heat have almost turned into the Lebron-era Cavs-- the supporting cast keeps getting older & less skilled, & Lebron is being forced more & more to shoulder the entire load for the team. Wade is on the downside of his career. Bosh, while a good player, is notoriously bad against the Pacers.

caleb_mccaig
05-21-2014, 10:10 AM
I was sure the Heat would win game 2. I think the Thunder will play much better tomorrow. I repeat - the Heat will 3peat.

They should win it all again. Lebron, regardless of KD winning the MVP this year, is the best player in the league. Lebron would average 35+ points a game if he shot the ball 20+ more times a game like KD does. I think the only way the Heat can do it though is if Lebron takes matters into his own hands and just takes the game over. He's always been a pass first type of player (Hence the him dishing final shots away to an open guy, or the 47 triple doubles, third all-time, in his career) and I think he may need to limit that as the series goes on.

I hope it goes seven games once again, these two teams have been fun to watch the last couple of years.

PhiI C
05-21-2014, 11:37 AM
They should win it all again. Lebron, regardless of KD winning the MVP this year, is the best player in the league. Lebron would average 35+ points a game if he shot the ball 20+ more times a game like KD does. I think the only way the Heat can do it though is if Lebron takes matters into his own hands and just takes the game over. He's always been a pass first type of player (Hence the him dishing final shots away to an open guy, or the 47 triple doubles, third all-time, in his career) and I think he may need to limit that as the series goes on.

I hope it goes seven games once again, these two teams have been fun to watch the last couple of years.

Absolutely because the Heat play to the competition is mediocre then they play mediocre but just enough to win. If the competition is very good then they play very good enough to win. I would love to be wrong but they will win it all again. Remember I am the oldest one posting here and have much knowledge and experience which has often been true and unfortunately will be true again.

lv2937
05-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Spurs wins it this year. Phil, don't know of your the oldest or not. I'm 63.

Phil C
05-24-2014, 09:54 PM
The Heat are about to win game 3 over the Pacers as I expected.

cougartino
05-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Dear Pacers:
Thanks for keeping that double-digit lead company for us.
Sincerely,
Miami Heat

ogg
05-25-2014, 03:35 PM
They will win the 2014 NBA Championship and another ring for our here Lebron. I am a Spurs fan but we must face reality. It has happened as I expected. The Heat will have basically had an easier time in a weaker Eastern Division while the Western Division has better teams that have and will continue to exhaust and beat up on each other. Hence another 3peat in the boring dynasty NBA. I would love to be wrong but I don't think so. :(

You may be right but the Spurs bench is playing on another level right now, I have to go with the Spurs. They should have won the Championship in 2012, 2013

ogg
05-25-2014, 03:42 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6NbJMq-QfU#

Phil C
05-25-2014, 07:42 PM
I REPEAT - THE HEAT WILL 3PEAT. :flaming:

cougartino
05-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Memo to Roy Stephenson:

Don't ever make LeBron mad.

caleb_mccaig
05-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Lebron is the GOAT. That's all I have to say.

regaleagle
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
WE is greater than ME. Even on a basketball court with 5 against 5, the WE has shown to excel. I like the WE this season over the ME. The Spurs have played a tougher schedule, a tougher playoff bracket, and have more wins this season than any other team in the NBA. The consistency, team chemistry, coaching concept, and determination to win every game is deeply engrained. When it comes down to the final minutes, San Antonio has all the "other" ingredients built in to win the series. LeBron is great, but as we have seen so many times in the past, TEAM trumphs INDIVIDUAL in most instances in team sport.

caleb_mccaig
05-27-2014, 11:49 AM
WE is greater than ME. Even on a basketball court with 5 against 5, the WE has shown to excel. I like the WE this season over the ME. The Spurs have played a tougher schedule, a tougher playoff bracket, and have more wins this season than any other team in the NBA. The consistency, team chemistry, coaching concept, and determination to win every game is deeply engrained. When it comes down to the final minutes, San Antonio has all the "other" ingredients built in to win the series. LeBron is great, but as we have seen so many times in the past, TEAM trumphs INDIVIDUAL in most instances in team sport.

I can only hope that it's Miami and San Antonio again. Kind of sucks that it's like the two oldest teams in the league playing each other, and there is a real possibility of fatigue setting in. Regardless, whoever it is I'm sure it will be great.

PhiI C
06-05-2014, 02:25 PM
The Heat will 3Peat. But I would love to be wrong.

Tejastrue
06-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Oh the irony of it all...at least one member of..."The Heat", can't endure..."the heat". Nice win Spurs!! Cut back on the parties Lebron!! lol...

YTBulldogs
06-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Miami better re-hydrate and get those IV's flowing. Don't be surprised to see the AT&T heaters kick on Sunday in game 2. Old timers schooled the kid's. To much Xbox playing growing up in the AC. LOL.

PhiI C
06-06-2014, 08:28 AM
I am glad that the Spurs won but you have to remember that when our hero left the game Miami was ahead by 4 points. That was why Miami lost. Fellow Spurs fan we need to be very humble and relived after this one as well as fearful. Lebron is very mad now. I fear all the Spurs have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

Scary times indeed!

caleb_mccaig
06-06-2014, 10:21 AM
All I have to say is that I bet Miami can afford to pay the electric bill and that I don't care who you are, if you start cramping and your legs give out then there is no player who has ever played a sport that could continue. San Antonio as a franchise, not as a team, should be embarrassed by what they let happen last night.

PhiI C
06-06-2014, 10:23 AM
All I have to say is that I bet Miami can afford to pay the electric bill and that I don't care who you are, if you start cramping and your legs give out then there is no player who has ever played a sport that could continue. San Antonio as a franchise, not as a team, should be embarrassed by what they let happen last night.

I absolutely agree. Get that AC fixed San Antonio. It is a disgrace. As a Spurs fan I am so ashamed.

YTBulldogs
06-06-2014, 10:31 AM
LOL. Things break. Or, switches get cut off.:wave:

Get 'em Pops. Spur's bluehairs showed them flat belly's who was in shape. Miami coach taking the bullet for LeBron not returning. Saying, he told LeBron, no way your going back in. BS, get back in there at crunch time Superman. His team mates sure seemed PO'ed he didn't in post game interviews. Wade tried to make it as nice as possible in his statement, but--could see it in his facial expression.

caleb_mccaig
06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
I absolutely agree. Get that AC fixed San Antonio. It is a disgrace. As a Spurs fan I am so ashamed.

Hahaha I'm just saying I wouldn't want to be known as a team who won something due to a technicality!

YTBulldogs
06-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Hahaha I'm just saying I wouldn't want to be known as a team who won something due to a technicality!

Nothing better than having the best team in shape to win I say. :cheerl: Not sure LeBron every played outside. Was taken care of from HS on, in the comfy AC environment.

Tejastrue
06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
From ESPN..."the heat put a cramp in Lebron's style." lol James is one of those players I love to hate. I was a Celtics fan in the Bird era and I"d put him up there with Magic/Kareem and then there was Bill Lambeer.

bd62
06-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I am glad that the Spurs won but you have to remember that when our hero left the game Miami was ahead by 4 points. That was why Miami lost. Fellow Spurs fan we need to be very humble and relived after this one as well as fearful. Lebron is very mad now. I fear all the Spurs have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

Scary times indeed!

Spurs were ahead 94-92 when Lebron when out for last time after he made the layup . If he been in it would have been battle to end but
Spurs had stop turning ball over in 4 th Qt. 9 in 3 Qt .23 turnovers is usually a lost. As great as Lebron is he needs help.Spurs bench is deeper thats Miami thats why starters time is less. Will be great series and probably 7 games.

Saggy Aggie
06-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Think SA wins, after which Timmy, pop and Manu retire and The era is over

Phil C
06-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Game 2 will be different. Lebron is very mad.

Tejastrue
06-07-2014, 11:07 PM
and all the world will bow down...:rolleyes:

regaleagle
06-07-2014, 11:40 PM
I still say the Spurs and Pop will get it done this year. They have the personnel and team chemistry to take on all comers, even the Heat with Lebron at full tilt. Bring it, baby. I'm sure Pop will have a game plan to counter anything the Heat tries to do. Power basketball can be countered....if you have seasoned veterans that will execute THEIR gameplan.

Phil C
06-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Tied at the half in game 2 and I can tell the Heat are going to win. The officials are terrible.

Phil C
06-08-2014, 09:12 PM
You are all going to find out that I know what I am talking about.

Phil C
06-08-2014, 10:46 PM
I hate to say I told you so everyone but I told you.

maestro
06-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Execution the last 90 seconds!!!
Come on Spurs.
Bosh takes a three, we CAN live with that,.
Spurs rebound and completely get zero offense out of the possession. Manu has to throw up a prayer with .8 on clock.
Bosh hits a three. Still say we CAN live with BOSH shooting threes.

But it was there Spurs.

LeBron did wonderfully. Played in the post, played point guard....no doubt who the best player is...

Bullaholic
06-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Phil was right on this one---the Spurs were definitely Le-Bronned in Gm 2....Hope the Spurs come back in Gm 3.

cougartino
06-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey Parker and Duncan, I feel ya!

Sincerely,
Nick Anderson

PhiI C
06-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Phil was right on this one---the Spurs were definitely Le-Bronned in Gm 2....Hope the Spurs come back in Gm 3.

I would love to have been wrong. Spurs must win one of the 2 games in Miami or the series will be officially over because no way they can beat Heat in 3 straight. If someone had stepped up a little better on 3 point shots we would have won.

LH Panther Mom
06-10-2014, 09:26 PM
our hero

Barf! :ack!:

Phil C
06-10-2014, 09:53 PM
After a great first half in game 3 Spurs have collapsed and Heat is about to catch up and win it.

zebrablue2
06-10-2014, 11:10 PM
After a great first half in game 3 Spurs have collapsed and Heat is about to catch up and win it.

WELL, shouldn't you be gearing up for Tour d France? No collapse tonight:) Go Spurs!!!

regaleagle
06-11-2014, 05:10 AM
Duh, I think Pop and the Boyz are doing their deal like nobody else can. When the Spurs get in the groove, they are almost unbeatable. The Heat will need to reach deep in this series to win it.....the Spurs are on a mission. Even in the loss the other night they were still trouble for the Heat. This is probably Duncan's last shot at a title.

bd62
06-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Phil you were wrong on that comment.
Spurs put it in different gear and finished. It takes a lot of energy to come back from 21 point halftime and
Spurs knew Heat would make run but there experience did not let effect them. It's anyone's series because it two great teams but I think now the Spurs have a edge. Phil are you as certain now about the heat 3 repeating.

PhiI C
06-11-2014, 12:05 PM
oops!

PhiI C
06-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Barf! :ack!:

??!!

PhiI C
06-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Phil you were wrong on that comment.
Spurs put it in different gear and finished. It takes a lot of energy to come back from 21 point halftime and
Spurs knew Heat would make run but there experience did not let effect them. It's anyone's series because it two great teams but I think now the Spurs have a edge. Phil are you as certain now about the heat 3 repeating.

Yes. I would love to be wrong but our hero (Lebron James) will step it up in Game 4 which is a must win for Miami. Don't be surprised if Spurs rest their starters in order to be ready for a critical game 5 in San Antonio. Plus our hero is very mad.

44INAROW
06-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes. I would love to be wrong but our hero (Lebron James) will step it up in Game 4 which is a must win for Miami. Don't be surprised if Spurs rest their starters in order to be ready for a critical game 5 in San Antonio. Plus our hero is very mad.

now Phil - speak for yourself calling Lebron James "our hero" - :smoker:

PhiI C
06-11-2014, 02:07 PM

??!:(

waterboy
06-11-2014, 02:43 PM

You go, girl! Tell him like it is! I'm not a fan of Lebron or Dwyane, nor the Heat team, much less will I call any sports player a "hero". I just don't worship people, period.

PhiI C
06-11-2014, 03:44 PM
You go, girl! Tell him like it is! I'm not a fan of Lebron or Dwyane, nor the Heat team, much less will I call any sports player a "hero". I just don't worship people, period.

??!:1omg!:

caleb_mccaig
06-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Don't worry everyone, the Heat are going to win game four. Referee Joey Crawford has been spotted in the Miami area.

Macarthur
06-11-2014, 04:50 PM

Rest the starters?! What the hell are you talking about? Have you lost your mind?

bd62
06-11-2014, 09:03 PM
After Thursday they don't play tell Sunday. Why would they rest starters . They get plenty of rest with deep bench. Duncan only played 30 minutes. Pop knows how to keep minutes down on those guys. Lot deeper than Miami.

1st and goal
06-11-2014, 10:02 PM
LeBron gets away with practically murder on the court. The games will go as the officials call them. Frustrated. San Antonio had to break a scoring percentage record in order to win. They won't be able to keep that up. Only way they'll win is if the refs call James' fouls.

regaleagle
06-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I think Phil is jesting about the "our hero" stuff. It's a "tongue in cheek" reverse backdoor way of not complimenting him, even though he is a great player, haha. :taunt:

PhiI C
06-12-2014, 08:55 AM
I think Phil is jesting about the "our hero" stuff. It's a "tongue in cheek" reverse backdoor way of not complimenting him, even though he is a great player, haha. :taunt:

??!:eek:

Phil C
06-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Don't worry everyone, the Heat are going to win game four. Referee Joey Crawford has been spotted in the Miami area.

That gives the game to the Heat but hopefully that will be his last game in this series and if he was to ref this would be the game I prefer. Look for Pop to rest his Spurs after about 5 minutes into the third quarter.

Macarthur
06-12-2014, 03:49 PM
LeBron gets away with practically murder on the court. The games will go as the officials call them. Frustrated. San Antonio had to break a scoring percentage record in order to win. They won't be able to keep that up. Only way they'll win is if the refs call James' fouls.

Man, I gotta tell you, I hate talking about refs, but I get mad as hell every year in the NBA playoffs. It is really amazing how you see the officiating CLEARLY swing games. It generally favors the home team. I don't guy into conspiracy theories, as a rule, but there are times when I really hate the NBA simply because of the officiating. Most of them are egotistical tools that think the fans pay money to watch their old ass jog up and down the court.

Very frustrating.

maestro
06-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Man, I gotta tell you, I hate talking about refs, but I get mad as hell every year in the NBA playoffs. It is really amazing how you see the officiating CLEARLY swing games. It generally favors the home team. I don't guy into conspiracy theories, as a rule, but there are times when I really hate the NBA simply because of the officiating. Most of them are egotistical tools that think the fans pay money to watch their old ass jog up and down the court.

Very frustrating.

Agree

Leonard really played well vs LeBron defensively in game 3.

Game 2 fouls out.

Even the announcers chuckle about how the refs let Leonard play more aggressively in game 3.

You cannot help but get frustrated as a fan.

Go Spurs!!!

Phil C
06-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Refs are inconsistent and making bad calls. Obviously Heat will win tonight. Still if someone had told me before that it would be 2 - 2 at this point I would have took it.

regaleagle
06-12-2014, 10:01 PM
If the Spurs lead grows any larger, maybe Pop WILL rest the starters, by the end of the 3rd, haha. Just a jest, but as I said before, when the Spurs are playing together they are almost unbeatable. Pop makes sure they are the "definition" of what TEAM means. Every NBA franchise could take lessons from the Spurs.

Phil C
06-12-2014, 10:52 PM
I am SHOCKED at the way this game turned out.

Tejastrue
06-12-2014, 11:15 PM
The whole world has seen that Lebron can be defensed by an athletic small guy with a chip.

cougartino
06-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Heat have no qualms about bending over.

zebrablue2
06-13-2014, 05:08 AM
The whole world has seen that Lebron can be defensed by an athletic small guy with a chip.

Lebran got schooled:)

Macarthur
06-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Can we please stop all the comparisons of LJ to MJ? Not even close.

Miami looked whipped. No legs; they looked completely gassed in the 3rd quarter. That struck me as really odd. The Spurs are the 'old team', but ran circles around them.

caleb_mccaig
06-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Can we please stop all the comparisons of LJ to MJ? Not even close.

Miami looked whipped. No legs; they looked completely gassed in the 3rd quarter. That struck me as really odd. The Spurs are the 'old team', but ran circles around them.

The comparisons will never stop because they're almost equal, but they are two totally different players. Michael will always score more than Lebron because Lebron will never jack up 25-30 shots a game on the reg like Jordan did. Lebron could put up 35 points a game if he shot as much as KD and Michael do/did. Lebron is a more complete offensive player. In their careers, Lebron has averaged 7.2 rebounds per game and 6.9 assists. Michael only averaged 6.2 rebounds and 5.3 assists a game. Granted Michael was a hell of a defender, Lebron also is an above average defender. You can't compare them because Lebron can play all five positions on the court and is asked to do everything, unlike Michael who was asked to score and play defense.

Lebron already has 8 more triple-doubles in his career than Jordan did, it's not new information that Lebron rebounds and passes more/better than Jordan ever did.

About the series.....Lebron is the only player for the Heat who is doing remotely well. D-Wade is washed up and Bosh hasn't helped whatsoever. The Spurs are playing their best basketball of the season right now and they have so much balance it's almost impossible to match. I hope Miami can push it at least to game six, but at this rate it doesn't look like it will happen.

waterboy
06-13-2014, 10:29 AM
As I said before, the championship belongs to the Spurs this year. It's gonna happen Sunday. And I'll also add that the Heat would've struggled to be in the top 4 in the Western Conference this year. The disparity between the Eastern and Western Conferences was obvious this year, and that can be seen by what's happening in the finals, in my opinion, of course.

Bullaholic
06-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Stick the Heat with a fork----their heart and hunger are gone......and it shows.

PhiI C
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Stick the Heat with a fork----their heart and hunger are gone......and it shows.

You have to remember the Heat are a proud team and the defending champions. It is especially dangerous because our hero, Wade, and Bosh are mad plus the coaches. That increases the risk. The Heat are capable of winning 3 straight games so it isn't over yet.

waterboy
06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
You have to remember the Heat are a proud team and the defending champions. It is especially dangerous because our hero, Wade, and Bosh are mad plus the coaches. That increases the risk. The Heat are capable of winning 3 straight games so it isn't over yet.

LOL! They would be the first team in the history of the NBA to come back from a 3 games to 1 deficit in the finals, IF it were to happen.

The Spurs finish them off Sunday, in my opinion.

44INAROW
06-13-2014, 11:42 AM
As I said before, the championship belongs to the Spurs this year. It's gonna happen Sunday. And I'll also add that the Heat would've struggled to be in the top 4 in the Western Conference this year. The disparity between the Eastern and Western Conferences was obvious this year, and that can be seen by what's happening in the finals, in my opinion, of course.

i agree - and while it wasn't a pretty sight, I'm glad the Spurs lost game 2 to the Heat, just so they can WIN it all in San Antonio :) Fingers crossed it works out that way.. GO SPURS GO :)

PhiI C
06-13-2014, 11:43 AM
LOL! They would be the first team in the history of the NBA to come back from a 3 games to 1 deficit in the finals, IF it were to happen.

The Spurs finish them off Sunday, in my opinion.

Now now. You don't really believe the Heat will lose 3 games in a row do you? Surely not!

waterboy
06-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Now now. You don't really believe the Heat will lose 3 games in a row do you? Surely not!

LOL! I absolutely do! The Spurs are just that much better than the Heat, in my opinion.

Macarthur
06-13-2014, 12:53 PM
The comparisons will never stop because they're almost equal, but they are two totally different players. Michael will always score more than Lebron because Lebron will never jack up 25-30 shots a game on the reg like Jordan did. Lebron could put up 35 points a game if he shot as much as KD and Michael do/did. Lebron is a more complete offensive player. In their careers, Lebron has averaged 7.2 rebounds per game and 6.9 assists. Michael only averaged 6.2 rebounds and 5.3 assists a game. Granted Michael was a hell of a defender, Lebron also is an above average defender. You can't compare them because Lebron can play all five positions on the court and is asked to do everything, unlike Michael who was asked to score and play defense.

Lebron already has 8 more triple-doubles in his career than Jordan did, it's not new information that Lebron rebounds and passes more/better than Jordan ever did.

About the series.....Lebron is the only player for the Heat who is doing remotely well. D-Wade is washed up and Bosh hasn't helped whatsoever. The Spurs are playing their best basketball of the season right now and they have so much balance it's almost impossible to match. I hope Miami can push it at least to game six, but at this rate it doesn't look like it will happen.

You've bought into the hype too.

Numbers tell one story and your eyes tell you another. MJ would eat Lebron for lunch. Lebron is a great player, but he is not MJ. You can keep going over those numbers in your head for the rest of his career, but just watch the games. That will tell you all you need to know.

icu812
06-13-2014, 02:10 PM

MJ & LJ may be similar in physical abilities but IMO LJ isn't close when it comes to the metal parts of the game. Plus MJ was a fierce competitor, LJ not so much. A great defender can be very effective against LJ. While being defended by Shawn Marion, Deshawn Stevenson or even sometimes a way past his prime Jason Kidd he averaged 17.8 points, 6.8 assists, 7.2 rebounds & 4 turnovers per game in the 2011 Finals. Those are good numbers but good defenders can cause him problems. Also, LJ also isn't close to MJ as a defensive player. Against the Spurs LJ has been good but Kobe in this prime was closer to MJ than LJ.

I think this series ends Sunday. Much like the 2011 Mavs this Spurs team just has better players top to bottom, better coaching and are playing their best ball at the right time. It will take an epic performance by someone other than LJ for the Heat to have a chance. Your right....at this point LJ is the only BIG player left out of the big 3, the other two are just good players and they just don't play well enough together to get it done as a team. I think there are several teams in the West that might have beaten the Heat this year.

PhiI C
06-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Things will be different in Game 5.

regaleagle
06-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Things will be different in Game 5.

Maybe.....maybe not. For my money, the way the Spurs are playing I wouldn't put a single dollar on the Heat winning on Sunday right now. The "different" might be a huge celebration going on in the AT&T Center as the Heat gets vanquished in 5 games and totally annihilated in the series by a superior San Antonio Spurs team.

maestro
06-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Go Spurs Go

I have to admire the fans of the Spurs

Through thick and thicker

I was channel surfing on satellite radio this am.

Went through three channels
All media slamming the Heat.

What happened to this " media sensation " that was the Miami Heat?

No wonder LaBron shakes his head...frickled media.

Spurs fans hang tough through it all!!

ogg
06-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Go Spurs Go

I have to admire the fans of the Spurs

Through thick and thicker

I was channel surfing on satellite radio this am.

Went through three channels
All media slamming the Heat.

What happened to this " media sensation " that was the Miami Heat?

No wonder LaBron shakes his head...frickled media.

Spurs fans hang tough through it all!!

If the Spurs get an early lead tomorrow, the ATT center will be crazy hostile.

Phil C
06-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately everything indicates a Heat night. Bosh has guaranteed a Miami win and our hero says they are determined to make history.

ogg
06-15-2014, 05:31 PM
unfortunately everything indicates a heat night. Bosh has guaranteed a miami win and our hero says they are determined to make history.
go spurs go :)

Tejastrue
06-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Never been much of a Spurs fan and that's very hard living down this way but I greatly admire Popovich and what he has done in SA for so long. The fans all over the region are indeed fanatical. Fun to observe.
Would love to see the Spurs end it tonight. From a Mavs fan...Go Spurs!

regaleagle
06-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Never been much of a Spurs fan and that's very hard living down this way but I greatly admire Popovich and what he has done in SA for so long. The fans all over the region are indeed fanatical. Fun to observe.
Would love to see the Spurs end it tonight. From a Mavs fan...Go Spurs!

Same here, except in the last couple of years. I lived in Denton County for 20 yrs, and attended many Mavs games, so naturally I was a Mavs fan and still am. But you just hafta respect Pop and the Spurs for their dominance in the NBA over the years. If you're any kind of basketball fan at all, and you live in Texas....then you pretty much follow the Spurs. You could be a Rockets or Mavs fan, and still root for the Spurs if they are in the finals....or visaversa. Texas has some pretty good NBA teams, really.

Phil C
06-15-2014, 07:19 PM
The Heat are going to rack it up and are doing so as I predicted. The Spurs winning this series was just an illusion.

regaleagle
06-15-2014, 08:21 PM
The Heat are going to rack it up and are doing so as I predicted. The Spurs winning this series was just an illusion.

The Heat will try to survive this game to play another day.....but they don't have a magic wand. The Spurs will battle to the end each game and know how to do just that. They didn't win all those games in the NBA this season because their schedule was easy, lol. They are the real deal and on a mission to win the Championship tonite!!!

regaleagle
06-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Only 6.5 min. left in the game and the Spurs are controlling the game in all phases. Get your horns out, your confetti ready, and celebrate the dethroning of the Beast from the East. This will be fun.

Phil C
06-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Way to go Spurs! I knew you could do it!

Maroon87
06-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Spurs baby!! WOOO HOOO!!

zebrablue2
06-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Way to go Spurs! I knew you could do it!

ROFL, time for u to promote u know what?!?!?

cougartino
06-15-2014, 10:52 PM
City of San Antonio, good luck now getting an NFL, MLB, NHL, or UIL football championship again. I'm sure they're defecating on the concrete in front of the Holiday Inn down on Durango Street tonight. And go root for the Suxans and leave the Cowboys alone!

Tejastrue
06-15-2014, 11:09 PM
what???:vrycnfsd:

cougartino
06-15-2014, 11:16 PM
what???:vrycnfsd:

LOL
Just getting out my frustration. Going to bed. Congrats Spurs!

refereedoc
06-16-2014, 07:54 AM
I REPEAT - THE HEAT WILL 3PEAT. :flaming:

Whoops! Are you alright Phil?

Bullaholic
06-16-2014, 12:51 PM
One word comes to mind to describe the Spurs' 2014 NBA Championship run---Masterful, both players and coach....

PhiI C
06-16-2014, 01:16 PM
In the past 20 Years the Spurs are the only team except for the Lakers to have 5 NBA Championships.

Phil C
06-16-2014, 09:21 PM
ROFL, time for u to promote u know what?!?!?

Soon. :)

PhiI C
06-17-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't know if it is true or not but I just heard a rumor that our hero will be playing for the Spurs next year.

Tejastrue
06-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Chuck Norris?

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2014, 08:47 PM
I don't know if it is true or not but I just heard a rumor that our hero will be playing for the Spurs next year.
That's probably one of the worst rumors I've read on here. :speech:

bd62
06-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Old Wise Phil was just playing around with everyone to get some talk about the series. Did a good job cus there are over 100 posts. He probably one of the few posters my age or older.I am Late 60's and still love sports.

PhiI C
06-20-2014, 01:16 PM
The local HEB had Spurs Championship Commemorative issues out today! I am sure they are also available at Wal-Mart and other stores.