PDA

View Full Version : East Bernard has high athletic participation

Scoop27
05-16-2014, 05:15 PM
East Bernard high school has 306 students and 196 of those students are athletes!
This according to athletic director Jerry Long speaking at last night's sports banquet.
We were District Champions (Boys and Girls) in all but 3 varsity sports we participated in!
• We were Boys District Champs in every single varsity sport we participate in!
• We advanced to the Regional round in 8 different sports!
• We were Regional Team Champions in 4 different sports!
• We had 2 individual State track Champions!
– and i baseball and softball teams still playing!

Saggy Aggie
05-16-2014, 11:16 PM
This resembles English. Clearly a copy and paste and not something scoop typed up

teetle
05-19-2014, 08:27 AM
I files thises ones unders who cares. thats beings saids. Thats ises pretty goods. thats justes shows thats recruitings doeses works.:weeping::eek::ack!::weeping:

maestro
05-20-2014, 09:03 AM
I've always admired communities like East Bernard. If you check the rosters of the three major boys sports...football, basketball, baseball....the names are for the most part the same.
The kids really do play for pride of school and for the chemistry of the team concept.

Their accomplishments throughout the entire year rivals anything that the chronicle puts in the paper concerning the 5A schools.

East Bernard also produced some state champs in track, but I will let scoop mention that since I do not follow track meets as much.

But congrats to a great year and a great community.

maestro
05-20-2014, 09:08 AM
I will also type that Yoakum boys athletics is similar this year in their successes.

speedbump
05-20-2014, 04:32 PM
I will also type that Yoakum boys athletics is similar this year in their successes.

What brings you to that conclusion?

maestro
05-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Playoffs in the 3 major boys sports including playoff success in baseball.

Was there any boys teams in El Campo's district to make that claim?

speedbump
05-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Playoffs in the 3 major boys sports including playoff success in baseball.

Was there any boys teams in El Campo's district to make that claim?

Somehow making the playoffs in three sports,doesn't seem the same as "winning district" in every sport they participated in.

maestro
05-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Ok, my last post was referring to the fact that their 3 rosters include the same guys.

I applaud the multiple sport athlete in today's world.

Let me rephrase that....

The SUCCESSFUL multi sport athlete, cause I've seen too many guys just wearing the uniforms post football that are just in the way, no desire for excellence.

I see Yoakum athletes playing all 3 and being playoff bound this year. Sorry for the confusion.