PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence or destined to be found??

Cam
05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
As I've mentioned in the past, my youngest and I like to go arrowhead hunting. The last time the LCRA lowered the waters so folks could make boat dock repairs, my boy and I decided to go down to the exposed river banks. I walked the sandy soil for a few minutes...I picked a spot and got down on my knees...I buried my right hand into the wet sand and brought up a handful of sand. Felt something hard and as I cleaned it, I saw a perfect arrow point made of black flint! The person who made it must have been a pro! It was beautiful! I just couldn't believe that I found this point with my very first attempt and only a handful of sand! Sent an image to an expert. They told me this point dates back to the ICE AGE!! Holy crap! It's freakin' ancient!
So, my question is, Was this thing mean't to be found by me, or was it just a lucky shot?? If anybody is interested, I can post an image of it.....

D'Highlander
05-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Its destiny... Cam means crooked river in Gaelic... I just got the chills

defense51
05-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Post the picture Cam, I want to see it.

waterboy
05-16-2014, 09:49 AM

Me, too! Be careful next time, though. You could've cut Rosie, and she would've been out of commission for a while...

Cam
05-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Me, too! Be careful next time, though. You could've cut Rosie, and she would've been out of commission for a while...

....no problem...I'm ambidextrous!....:crazy1:

Cam
05-16-2014, 10:41 AM

Ok I will...I forgot to bring it in today. Need to take some better pics of it. I'll get it done...

Cam
05-22-2014, 11:21 AM
here you go D51 & waterboy:
This is the one I told you about:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_3142.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/IMG_3142.jpg.html)

and this is the big spear point I found about 10 feet from the small point...
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/IMG_3143.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/IMG_3143.jpg.html)

I feel kinda bad cause at the time I had no idea you weren't supposed to touch these things if you found one...I certainly don't want to get in trouble....but I must admit, my son got a good education researching these things and has a better understanding of our human history...

Macarthur
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
As I've mentioned in the past, my youngest and I like to go arrowhead hunting. The last time the LCRA lowered the waters so folks could make boat dock repairs, my boy and I decided to go down to the exposed river banks. I walked the sandy soil for a few minutes...I picked a spot and got down on my knees...I buried my right hand into the wet sand and brought up a handful of sand. Felt something hard and as I cleaned it, I saw a perfect arrow point made of black flint! The person who made it must have been a pro! It was beautiful! I just couldn't believe that I found this point with my very first attempt and only a handful of sand! Sent an image to an expert. They told me this point dates back to the ICE AGE!! Holy crap! It's freakin' ancient!
So, my question is, Was this thing mean't to be found by me, or was it just a lucky shot?? If anybody is interested, I can post an image of it.....

Those pics are cool.

What do you mean by 'was this meant to be found by me?'

Cam
05-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Those pics are cool.

What do you mean by 'was this meant to be found by me?'

I'm not sure what I mean't....maybe I'm being too philosophical!...or is that spelling, "philosnuffleupagus"??.......but I did ask myself, "What are the odds of stickin' my hand in the dirt one time and coming up with that thing?"....Was there a higher power that wanted me to find this point for a reason? Maybe that reason was to share an awesome life experience with my son....Maybe the dang ghost of the caveman who made that point was standin' right there next to me and somehow told me where to look!....maybe I just need a beer!......Anyways, I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason.....but maybe just maybe, I should buy a lotto ticket!!...Heck...I don't know....:vrycnfsd:

Macarthur
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM
:p

Well, I'm not a believer so I would say it's just something neat that happened to you. I mean, lots of people find those types of things. It's not like this never happens.

Of course, that's probably not he answer you were looking for....

Cam
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
:p

Well, I'm not a believer so I would say it's just something neat that happened to you. I mean, lots of people find those types of things. It's not like this never happens.

Of course, that's probably not he answer you were looking for....

Your answer is cool by me....you answered my initial question that this was just "a lucky shot"....I'm fine with that....but what don't you believe in? The ghost of the caveman?.....

Macarthur
05-22-2014, 03:09 PM
I was just making a general statement about you believing that everything happens for a reason. Generally, folks that believe that believe in some power guiding that. That's all; if I mischaracterized your position, my apologies.