PDA

View Full Version : Denton

carter08
05-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Hey TXDL,

I'm moving back to Texas in August for school. What cool stuff is in Denton/ the Metroplex? Good places to eat, cool things to do, etc.

Also, if anyone in the DFW area wants me to tag along with them to any games, let me know & I will do that.

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Denton is pretty cool little town. Fry Street is pretty neat. Lots of bars there . Also some pretty cool places to eat on the Courthouse Square. And there is BABES in Sanger. The tailgate at Apogee on game day is pretty good. Not mind blowing like some other schools but functional. Games at Apogee is also are really neat. Stand are up close and there is not a bad seat in the house. The Green Brigade shows at halftime are awesome.

I am no longer there on Football weekends and will miss it.

regaleagle
05-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Denton Rider and Denton Guyer are both pretty darn competitive in most sports, and Argyle is only 8 miles south on 35W to Fort Worth. Rockin' Rodeo is a pretty cool place to check out the local ladies, drink a beer or two, and listen to good live music. Then there's Winstar up the road about 30 min. right across the Red River to play the games and a very decent golf course. I highly recommend The Smokehouse for downhome food for lunches and dinners, as well as BarBQ. It's on 377 right off 35. Krum is nearby on the NW side about 8 miles out, and Aubrey on the NE about the same. Denton can be a hotbed for high school football watchin'.....just pick a team you wanna see. It's really a good spot for living in the Metroplex without all the hassles. It's still busy with the traffic, but not as bad as living in other parts of the DFW area. The DFW airport ain't that far away from Denton, either. You'll hafta go down to Argyle(Bartonville) to Christina's some Friday eve and slam a few Ritas and eat their Carne Asada w/enchiladas. I highly recommend it. For upscale eating, don't miss a trip for a birthday or other special occasion to the Grotto down the street from Argyle on 407 in Flower Mound....a little known secret of food heaven on earth by the locals....seriously.

bobcat1
05-12-2014, 09:47 PM
It's 10 miles from me. What else could you want? Seriously, lots to do in Denton and Lewisville.

Aguilafanatico
05-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Hey TXDL,

I'm moving back to Texas in August for school. What cool stuff is in Denton/ the Metroplex? Good places to eat, cool things to do, etc.

Also, if anyone in the DFW area wants me to tag along with them to any games, let me know & I will do that.

Check out Lone Star Attitude (LSA). A really cool burger place on the square in Denton. There may be a wait on weekends but well worth it.

maestro
05-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Denton Rider and Denton Guyer are both pretty darn competitive in most sports, and Argyle is only 8 miles south on 35W to Fort Worth. Rockin' Rodeo is a pretty cool place to check out the local ladies, drink a beer or two, and listen to good live music. Then there's Winstar up the road about 30 min. right across the Red River to play the games and a very decent golf course. I highly recommend The Smokehouse for downhome food for lunches and dinners, as well as BarBQ. It's on 377 right off 35. Krum is nearby on the NW side about 8 miles out, and Aubrey on the NE about the same. Denton can be a hotbed for high school football watchin'.....just pick a team you wanna see. It's really a good spot for living in the Metroplex without all the hassles. It's still busy with the traffic, but not as bad as living in other parts of the DFW area. The DFW airport ain't that far away from Denton, either. You'll hafta go down to Argyle(Bartonville) to Christina's some Friday eve and slam a few Ritas and eat their Carne Asada w/enchiladas. I highly recommend it. For upscale eating, don't miss a trip for a birthday or other special occasion to the Grotto down the street from Argyle on 407 in Flower Mound....a little known secret of food heaven on earth by the locals....seriously.

This post may have dethroned Scoop as the cultural champ of the Downlow.

Very impressive info.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Check out Lone Star Attitude (LSA). A really cool burger place on the square in Denton. There may be a wait on weekends but well worth it.

That's no lie.

regaleagle
05-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Let's just say those are a few of my favorite haunts in the area. There's others, but the list would be too long....no joke.

carter08
05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
It's 10 miles from me. What else could you want? Seriously, lots to do in Denton and Lewisville.

Only ten miles? That seems too close.

(I kid. Let's see a game sometime.)

bobcat1
05-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Only ten miles? That seems too close.

(I kid. Let's see a game sometime.)Will do!