PDA

View Full Version : Cam Jr. gradu-macates!!

Cam
05-12-2014, 01:19 PM
HE PLAYED HARD!!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_2863.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/DSC_2863.jpg.html)

HE WORKED HARD!!!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/ASUGrad.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/ASUGrad.jpg.html)

Last Saturday's ASU graduation ceremonies. My daughter caught his big smile right as he spotted us in the crowd! Graduated PHI KAPPA PHI, MAGNA CUM LAUDE....which I think translates to "Laude help mom & dad with them college bills!!", :spitlol:, and he was nominated and selected to "Who's Who Among Students In American Universities & Colleges"....

Next stop: University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio med school!.....Starts in July. Wish I had him home for a little longer....:(.......but he's real excited! Especially cause his favorite hangout is just down the highway from the campus....BASS PRO SHOPS!!!.....God I love that kid!!!

Two down....one to go!.....whew!!....;)

BB BULLS
05-12-2014, 01:24 PM
congrats to the young man, hope he makes all his dreams come true.

panfan
05-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Congrats, but where did them smarts come from

44INAROW
05-12-2014, 01:48 PM

I agree... I assume Mrs Cam is the smart one in the family :0

Just Kidding Congrats to your son Cam :)

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Outstanding!

bobcat1
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM
That right there is what parenting is all about. That young man can't fail! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Cam. Job well done. Cam Jr. Congrats to you young man. No doubt you overcame a lot of peer pressure to get where you are. Keep up the good work!

cookiemonster
05-12-2014, 08:24 PM
You need to write a book on parenting!

hollywood
05-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Congrats to Jr Cammy!! Sounds like a great young man and I wish him the best at Med school!

Tejastrue
05-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Congrats to the young man :clap: and papa too!!

1st and goal
05-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Congrats Mr and Mrs Cam, and Cam Jr!

defense51
05-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Congrats to Cam Jr., Cam Sr., and Mrs. Cam!

Cam
05-13-2014, 01:03 PM

.....:thinking:....well, back in the early 90's my wife did make quite a few trips to visit relatives in Ithaca, NY.....and that happens to be the home town of Carl Sagan during his days as a Cornell University professor!....:eek:
...she reads this I'm a dead man!!!

Cam
05-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I agree... I assume Mrs Cam is the smart one in the family :0

Just Kidding Congrats to your son Cam :)

.....you assume correctly!!

Cam
05-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks everybody! We are truly blessed. I love kids. Every kid deserves a chance to become something special. No kid should ever be given up on. Like the old REO SPEEDWAGON says, ya gotta "Keep pushin'"

Keep pushin' on
You know you have got to be so strong
Well even if you think, your strength is gone
Keep pushin' on,

oh yeah....break out the Bic lighters baby!.....

greendawg84
05-13-2014, 02:06 PM
He is one outstanding young man and will go far in life , there is no doubt in my mind about that . The Cams did a fine job with all of their children .

Damn glad Cam had to feed that boy, dude can eat some serious grub .

Phantom Stang
05-13-2014, 04:00 PM
HE PLAYED HARD!!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_2863.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/DSC_2863.jpg.html)

HE WORKED HARD!!!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/ASUGrad.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/ASUGrad.jpg.html)

Last Saturday's ASU graduation ceremonies. My daughter caught his big smile right as he spotted us in the crowd! Graduated PHI KAPPA PHI, MAGNA CUM LAUDE....which I think translates to "Laude help mom & dad with them college bills!!", :spitlol:, and he was nominated and selected to "Who's Who Among Students In American Universities & Colleges"....

Next stop: University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio med school!.....Starts in July. Wish I had him home for a little longer....:(.......but he's real excited! Especially cause his favorite hangout is just down the highway from the campus....BASS PRO SHOPS!!!.....God I love that kid!!!

Two down....one to go!.....whew!!....;)

If nothing else, he knows how to steal a scene!:D
JK congratulations to him and both of his parents.:clap:

YTBulldogs
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Congrats and best wishes to the Cam Fam. And, uncle Mac.:taunt:

Cam
05-13-2014, 04:33 PM
If nothing else, he knows how to steal a scene!:D
JK congratulations to him and both of his parents.:clap:

I don't know.....what caught my attention was Spaulding's cousin, Taylor Made, standing next to my boy eating her boogers!!:ack!:....I seen it with my own eyes!!...just look at the pic!......Just kiddin' Taylor Made...just kiddin'.....I know it was just a little nervous nail bitin'....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/caddyshack-l5.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/caddyshack-l5.jpg.html)

toddg
05-13-2014, 04:54 PM
mama must be very smart! congrats to your obviously outstanding achiever son! he has a winning smile, and a great future!! Greatness!!

Cam
05-13-2014, 09:24 PM
mama must be very smart! congrats to your obviously outstanding achiever son! he has a winning smile, and a great future!! Greatness!!

Mama is very smart....she married me didn't she??:doh:.....Thanks again fellas!....ya know, I normally don't talk about this......You see, we almost lost him at birth....For you younger guys who might be dads someday...pay close attention to your momma to be's!.....Our boy was always a very active baby inside momma's tummy....then one day close to his delivery date, he stopped moving....We rushed momma to her doctor...I still remember the look of concern on the docs face when he listened for a heartbeat....He immediately gave the orders to "get him out"!.....Sure enough, as it happens so often, our boy had tied a perfect knot on his umbilical cord and it was slowly cutting off his life line.....his heartbeat was barely there....Had it not been for my wife's keen senses and the docs quick actions...we would've had a tragedy on our hands.....Doc said we were probably only hours away from disaster...They ran tests to see if his brain or other organs had been damaged..Not sure exactly what all they checked for....But in the end we were told he was going to be OK.....Since that day, we've known our son was mean't to be here...God has plans for him.....We still remember our doctor saying, "He's going to be someone special! Maybe a doctor!" Doc just smiled........I don't know where this doctor is nowadays....but I'd like to find him and tell him he's just a few more years away from being right!....:)......

hollywood
05-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Mama is very smart....she married me didn't she??:doh:.....Thanks again fellas!....ya know, I normally don't talk about this......You see, we almost lost him at birth....For you younger guys who might be dads someday...pay close attention to your momma to be's!.....Our boy was always a very active baby inside momma's tummy....then one day close to his delivery date, he stopped moving....We rushed momma to her doctor...I still remember the look of concern on the docs face when he listened for a heartbeat....He immediately gave the orders to "get him out"!.....Sure enough, as it happens so often, our boy had tied a perfect knot on his umbilical cord and it was slowly cutting off his life line.....his heartbeat was barely there....Had it not been for my wife's keen senses and the docs quick actions...we would've had a tragedy on our hands.....Doc said we were probably only hours away from disaster...They ran tests to see if his brain or other organs had been damaged..Not sure exactly what all they checked for....But in the end we were told he was going to be OK.....Since that day, we've known our son was mean't to be here...God has plans for him.....We still remember our doctor saying, "He's going to be someone special! Maybe a doctor!" Doc just smiled........I don't know where this doctor is nowadays....but I'd like to find him and tell him he's just a few more years away from being right!....:)......

Wow, what a story. Very cool Cam.

bobcat1
05-13-2014, 09:56 PM

Wow, what a story. Very cool Cam.

I agree! That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

1st and goal
05-16-2014, 05:07 PM

Great story, great son, great mom, great dad, great God!