PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

caleb_mccaig
05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Well.....Vince didn't last very long. Just got cut by Cleveland.

1st and goal
05-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Well.....Vince didn't last very long. Just got cut by Cleveland.

I thought they'd at least let him show JF the ropes.

bobcat1
05-12-2014, 12:33 PM
I thought they'd at least let him show JF the ropes.:spitlol:

BB BULLS
05-12-2014, 12:33 PM
i am not a Vince fan but i feel bad for the young man all the talent he had. what ever or who ever got in his head messed him up bad. 1st i dont think they wanted him anywhere around JF.

hookandladder
05-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I thought they'd at least let him show JF the ropes.

If they would have VY show him the ropes then he would be out of the NFL real soon, even VY trying to run every other passing down did not work out. Add Vick to that list, just does not work at the next level.

Snotbubbles
05-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I think Johnny could of shown VY a few new drinking and bong games. Poor Vince.:smoker:

BB BULLS
05-12-2014, 01:35 PM
If they would have VY show him the ropes then he would be out of the NFL real soon, even VY trying to run every other passing down did not work out. Add Vick to that list, just does not work at the next level.

i am with you on this Hook i dont think two years of college ball IMO is enough time to get you ready to be an NFL QB. if he last two years and learns how to be that NFL QB that would be great. if he starts right out of the gate he wont last the the season with out gettinng hurt.

caleb_mccaig
05-12-2014, 01:38 PM

I'm gonna disagree with saying Vick didn't work out. He at one time had the biggest contract in the NFL and led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game and he would've probably been an eventual HOF candidate if he hadn't of gone to prison. Even with the Eagles he was always a threat. He was always more effective than VY ever was or will be in the NCAA and NFL.

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2014, 01:48 PM
JFF told the Browns that VY had to go.

1st and goal
05-12-2014, 04:20 PM
JFF told the Browns that VY had to go.

Guessing he found out that Vince was cool with that UT frat that threw beer on him.

Saggy Aggie
05-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Vy was also rookie of the year and has a pretty solid win % as a starter.... He would've done just fine if not for the off the field stuff...

So saying he wouldn't work out like those 2 is basically ignorant. Also, Johnny can throw. Neither of them can throw... And they still did okay with just their legs.

Johnny will be fine....

carter08
05-12-2014, 09:10 PM
After spending a decent amount of time in Cleveland over the past couple years, I can tell you this for sure--- Johnny is going to have to REALLY go looking if he wants to get into trouble. CSU is a commuter school, so he won't be partying at frats before Browns games. The whole place is pretty rough, & unless he pulls a Kevin Mackey (from CSU coach who got arrested because he started going to the crack houses in Cleveland), he's going to be able to focus on football without many distractions.

msu97
05-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Cleveland sucks... it is a terrible town...
Carter is correct...if JFF gets into any trouble, it sure will not be in Cleveland

Trashman
05-13-2014, 08:53 AM
JF is in Cleveland. The place where QB's go to die.....

greendawg84
05-13-2014, 09:21 AM
JF is in Cleveland. The place where QB's go to die.....

Yep !

Agree that Cleveland is one UGLY place to visit . I was based out of Cleveland for 15 years , hated every single time I had to go to that hell hole !

maestro
05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
I too was surprised that VY has an overall winning percentage as a starter.

One would think that he would be worth attending camp for some NFL team.

Eagle 1
05-13-2014, 02:37 PM
My this board has changed over the years. Where are all VY lovers hiding now days? lol

bobcat1
05-13-2014, 04:27 PM
My this board has changed over the years. Where are all VY lovers hiding now days? lol
Show them that video of him throwing. LOL

Eagle 1
05-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Show them that video of him throwing. LOL

http://i57.tinypic.com/2zp5t3b_th.gif