PDA

View Full Version : State track meet question

Scoop27
05-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Does the runner-up team in the point standings get a trophy as well as the championship team?
In Class A girls there was a three-way tie for second place. Will all three get a runner-up trophy
Thanks

Rabid Cougar
05-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Does the runner-up team in the point standings get a trophy as well as the championship team?
In Class A girls there was a three-way tie for second place. Will all three get a runner-up trophy
Thanks

I have seen the 1A Girls State Championship team be exactly 1 girl before.

Celina8
05-11-2014, 08:34 AM
If the school wants one they will buy one. I have never seen a Runner-up trophy handed out by the UIL for Track so it really will come down to the school creating their own runner up trophy.

Phil C
05-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Hasn't a school won a state tract championship with only one participate in the past?

Celina8
05-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Hasn't a school won a state tract championship with only one participate in the past?

I know it has been done in the Class A division for Girls and to let you know just how far back I go I actually saw this performance and basically he did win the state title for his team:

Frank Pollard (born June 15, 1957 in Clifton, Texas) is a former professional American football player who played running back for nine seasons for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He may be best remembered for his record setting performance at the 1976 Texas state track championships. The "Faces In The Crowd" article in the June 14, 1976 issue of Sports Illustrated stated:

Frank Pollard Jr., 19, a senior at Meridian High, a class B school, became the highest scorer in the history of the Texas high school track meet, winning the discus (154'9"), the shot (56'3"), the 100 (9.9) and the 220 (21.8). His sprint-relay team also placed fourth.[1]

Currently, Mr. Pollard works at the Methodist Children's Home in Waco, Texas, where he helps children and young adults in their development.

Frank Pollard (born June 15, 1957 in Clifton, Texas) is a former professional American football player who played running back for nine seasons for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He may be best remembered for his record setting performance at the 1976 Texas state track championships. The "Faces In The Crowd" article in the June 14, 1976 issue of Sports Illustrated stated:

Frank Pollard Jr., 19, a senior at Meridian High, a class B school, became the highest scorer in the history of the Texas high school track meet, winning the discus (154'9"), the shot (56'3"), the 100 (9.9) and the 220 (21.8). His sprint-relay team also placed fourth.[1]

Currently, Mr. Pollard works at the Methodist Children's Home in Waco, Texas, where he helps children and young adults in their development.

maestro
05-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I was going to let Scoop post this but....

Wharton boys track did well in state meet.