PDA

View Full Version : Texas longhorns

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2014, 07:38 PM
How many were drafted in the first round? Wait.... Nvm... How many were drafted at all? Wait... Nvm...

hollywood
05-10-2014, 07:47 PM
How many were drafted in the first round? Wait.... Nvm... How many were drafted at all? Wait... Nvm...

JFF went to the Browns!!! LOL!!!

Roughneck93
05-10-2014, 07:50 PM
First time since 1937....:ack!:

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Browns got a good squad? One of the best landing spots for him IMO....

Good d, good o line, one of the best receivers in the game, Ben Tate at RB, Jordan Cameron at TE...

I don't follow your point, I guess....

But back to the point, I figured at least jeffcoat would get drafted.... Character issues? :)

sinfan75
05-10-2014, 07:51 PM
How many were drafted in the first round? Wait.... Nvm... How many were drafted at all? Wait... Nvm...Feels good to out do the Horns every 10-15 years don't it! LOL Enjoy it while you can.

Roughneck93
05-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Browns got a good squad? One of the best landing spots for him IMO....

Good d, good o line, one of the best receivers in the game, Ben Tate at RB, Jordan Cameron at TE...

I don't follow your point, I guess....

But back to the point, I figured at least jeffcoat would get drafted.... Character issues? :)

I read that Josh Gordan failed another drug test.

Facing season-long suspension.

No bueno....

Scoop27
05-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Just because they didn't have any players drafted doesn't mean some may still sign with teams.

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Silver lining huh scoop?

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2014, 08:16 PM
I read that Josh Gordan failed another drug test.

Facing season-long suspension.

No bueno....

I doubt the league wants to do that, but we'll see. Either way, one year won't make or break his career

Roughneck93
05-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I doubt the league wants to do that, but we'll see. Either way, one year won't make or break his career

No, not saying that at all.

Just when you think the Browns are doing right, things like this pop up.

Also, newly signed WR Nate Burleson broke his arm again (he'll be ready for camp though).

Scoop27
05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Mike Davis signs with the Oakland Raiders

Scoop27
05-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat signs with the Seahawks and Donald Hawkins with the Eagles

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Keep us posted on all the non drafted guys scoop

Scoop27
05-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Mike Davis signs with the Oakland Raiders
Jackson Jeffcoat signs with the Seahawks and Donald Hawkins with the Eagles

Roughneck93
05-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Mack Brown ‏@UT_MackBrown May 8
Best wishes to all the guys being drafted over the next few days. Especially the Longhorn's. It's the start of another life's dream!

:mad:

Additup
05-10-2014, 09:09 PM
UT claiming Gilbert as a draft pick?

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Haha that's what I was thinking... Longhorns can take credit for developing him into a pro player LOL

Weebe
05-11-2014, 01:10 AM
In case you are keeping score at home:

Gays drafted: 1

Longhorns drafted: 0

YTBulldogs
05-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Clev signed VY for Manziel to learn from (on and off field) if that matters?:doh:

Celina8
05-11-2014, 08:31 AM
I have been a Longhorn fan all my life and this just shows how far the program has actually dropped in the past few years and shows to me that changes were needed really 2 or 3 years ago. Texas will still struggle as the talent level is still very weak from the LB's , QB, and OL in my opinion. Hopefully Charlie can get attitudes changed down in Austin and get the team hungry again. Time will tell. For those that are not as old as I am. Keep in mind I can remember when Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Florida State, and many other great programs actually were not so great.

Phil C
05-11-2014, 08:58 AM
I think several teams are going to kick themselves for not drafting some of the UT players especially Jeffcoat. Seattle just got better on the DL.

Phil C
05-11-2014, 09:07 AM

Coach Strong had three drafted in the first round and they were all players that he recruited and developed. And this was at Louisville. Things will change.

cougartino
05-11-2014, 10:45 AM
In case you are keeping score at home:

Gays drafted: 1

Longhorns drafted: 0

Gotta feeling that top number is probably greater.

hookandladder
05-11-2014, 12:50 PM
What's even more crazy is atm had 3 guys drafted in the first round and the best they could do was finish middle of the pack in their conference the last two years. Hey but at least they can say they had a Hesiman winner who did not even attend class on campus, a true student -athlete. Whoop

1st and goal
05-11-2014, 12:56 PM
What's even more crazy is atm had 3 guys drafted in the first round and the best they could do was finish middle of the pack in their conference the last two years. Hey but at least they can say they had a Hesiman winner who did not even attend class on campus, a true student -athlete. Whoop
bitterness exemplified.
:)

Saggy Aggie
05-11-2014, 04:42 PM

Goes to show you how good that conference is :)

Id be curious to see the conference breakdown of first round picks this year.... :)

FB-fanatic
05-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Goes to show you how good that conference is :)

Id be curious to see the conference breakdown of first round picks this year.... :)

Through 7 rounds:

SEC 49
ACC 42
PAC12 34
BIG10 30

BIG12 17

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/secs_49_nfl_draftees_lead_all.html

Additup
05-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Quit letting Rivals.com determine who you'll recruit so alumni can brag in February.

Average 2010 star ranking by Rivals for the Longhorns, tied with Florida and behind only USC's 4.20.

Overall class ranking by the Longhorns, behind the Gators, who have commits from two more five-star recruits (four total).

Members of the class who are the top-ranked players in the country at their position by Rivals -- Hicks, Jeffcoat, Hopkins, and Espinosa.

According to recruiting site Rivals.com, Texas’ 2009 recruiting class ranked No. 5 in the nation, while their 2010 class was even better, earning a No. 3 national ranking. Between those two classes, Texas signed a total of 45 recruits, 30 of which were labeled four-star prospects and another five that were tabbed with the coveted five-star designation.

Saggy Aggie
05-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Through 7 rounds:

SEC 49
ACC 42
PAC12 34
BIG10 30

BIG12 17

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/secs_49_nfl_draftees_lead_all.html

Hmmm very interesting indeed

hookandladder
05-12-2014, 06:19 AM
bitterness exemplified.

Guess this went right over your head, simple terms. Manziel one of the best QB's in college football and all atm could do is what 5th and 6th in their conference and who really cares what conference, it's about winning championships. You do know what that is, right.

msu97
05-12-2014, 08:28 AM
17 from the Big 12... 6 from Baylor... who led ALL Texas schools in players drafted...

Aggies beat the Horns but they all lost to Baylor...

Saggy Aggie
05-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Eh.... 3 first round picks, 2 in the top 10.... I wouldn't call that 'losing'

msu97
05-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Eh.... 3 first round picks, 2 in the top 10.... I wouldn't call that 'losing'

no, but your post is to make fun of the Horns... which I get... but lets not forget who had the most, Baylor, and the job that Briles has done there...

Mack had no players that he recruited drafted...

still remember watching Evans at G Ball... man was he a sight... again another former standout basketball player changes to football and look what happens... more kids need to follow that example

caleb_mccaig
05-12-2014, 10:21 AM
17 from the Big 12... 6 from Baylor... who led ALL Texas schools in players drafted...

Aggies beat the Horns but they all lost to Baylor...

I don't think Baylor had anyone drafted in the first three rounds. Regardless, it was good to see a couple of guys I played 7 on 7 against and had a couple of classes with at Baylor get picked up, especially by the Cowboys.

I think I saw that once again LSU had the most players drafted, 9. They had 9 drafted last year, but I'm not sure if that was the most.

1st and goal
05-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Guess this went right over your head, simple terms. Manziel one of the best QB's in college football and all atm could do is what 5th and 6th in their conference and who really cares what conference, it's about winning championships. You do know what that is, right.

According to the pros, he was 22nd in value, plus don't you remember telling us we had no defense? To which we agreed. Except that you toned down when UT caved. You are still bitter. :)

I will watch Cleveland Browns play. It was good to see their fans cheering like crazy after they picked JF. Especially after their 1st pick when they passed on JF, when you could hear fans in the background yelling "Cleveland Sux". I believe they were Cleveland fans disgruntled with the first pick.

hookandladder
05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
According to the pros, he was 22nd in value, plus don't you remember telling us we had no defense? To which we agreed. Except that you toned down when UT caved. You are still bitter. :)

I will watch Cleveland Browns play. It was good to see their fans cheering like crazy after they picked JF. Especially after their 1st pick when they passed on JF, when you could hear fans in the background yelling "Cleveland Sux". I believe they were Cleveland fans disgruntled with the first pick.

So with Manziel and two other first round picks , the aggies finsihed middle of the pack in the sec. So now that Manziel is gone, where do you see your aggies finishing next year in the sec. I am assuming with the last two high ranking recruiting classes you are looking to win a conference championship, is that the aggies No. goal and do you honestly feel that is possible.

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
So with Manziel and two other first round picks , the aggies finsihed middle of the pack in the sec. So now that Manziel is gone, where do you see your aggies finishing next year in the sec. I am assuming with the last two high ranking recruiting classes you are looking to win a conference championship, is that the aggies No. goal and do you honestly feel that is possible.

None of those first rounders played defense did they?

There is not one athlete alive nor one football program anywhere in the country that their No. 1 goal is not to be a champion. Is it possible? Anything is possible. You create one defensive stop per game in three of the four loses in 13' and they are tied at the end of regulation. You make two stops they are 12-1.

caleb_mccaig
05-12-2014, 11:59 AM

There is not one athlete alive nor one football program anywhere in the country that their No. 1 goal is not to be a champion. Is it possible? Anything is possible. You create one defensive stop per game in three of the four loses in 13' and they are tied at the end of regulation. You make two stops they are 12-1.

For sure, no one thought Auburn was going to be anywhere near as good as they were last year, including me after watching LSU beat the crap out of them. A&M may lose a couple of more games next year but so may Bama and LSU. They're stacked with talent but none of the three schools know who they're starting QB is going to be yet.

1st and goal
05-12-2014, 12:31 PM

I think there are almost as many questions about A&M as there are about UT. I think the Aggies will gel next year if we can stay out of jail and keep our recruits in line. This year will be interesting. I expect a similar finish in the SEC as the last 2 years.

msu97
05-12-2014, 01:13 PM

McCarron puts the throw on the money, instead of inside, 'Bama beats them two years in a row, or if Bama does not jump offsides, and JFF prolly does not win the Heisman... bottom line, none of that happened and the rest is history...

we have no idea how any of these guys will do since none have played one solid down in the NFL...

I will go back to when people thought Leaf was as good as Peyton... two years ago people stated that the Seahawks got an F in the draft and Pete Carroll would be out of the league by now... College means nothing now

hookandladder
05-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I think there are almost as many questions about A&M as there are about UT. I think the Aggies will gel next year if we can stay out of jail and keep our recruits in line. This year will be interesting. I expect a similar finish in the SEC as the last 2 years.

So your saying the expectations at aggieland drop back down that much after Manziel leaves, after VY left Texas I do not think Texas had any thoughts of dropping out of contention for a NC. I am not saying your No. 1 goal would be a NC but it should be 1A, I would think Sumlin has goals of winning a NC each and every year. I am betting the Bamas,LSU and FSU feel they are capable of winning every year, not saying they will but anything is possible if it all comes together. You can bet Baylor and OU are setting their sights on a NC , again not saying it will happen but that has to be the ultimate goal with what they have coming back next year. Give Texas a couple years and their goal will back at making a run at one, guess it just depends what your expectations are .

Rabid Cougar
05-12-2014, 01:54 PM
For sure, no one thought Auburn was going to be anywhere near as good as they were last year, including me after watching LSU beat the crap out of them. A&M may lose a couple of more games next year but so may Bama and LSU. They're stacked with talent but none of the three schools know who they're starting QB is going to be yet.

Two plays. Pretty much sums up Auburn's season.

maestro
05-12-2014, 03:00 PM
That's what happens when Coach Brown let our SCOOP be recruiting coordinator!!!!!

1st and goal
05-12-2014, 04:16 PM
So your saying the expectations at aggieland drop back down that much after Manziel leaves, after VY left Texas I do not think Texas had any thoughts of dropping out of contention for a NC. I am not saying your No. 1 goal would be a NC but it should be 1A, I would think Sumlin has goals of winning a NC each and every year. I am betting the Bamas,LSU and FSU feel they are capable of winning every year, not saying they will but anything is possible if it all comes together. You can bet Baylor and OU are setting their sights on a NC , again not saying it will happen but that has to be the ultimate goal with what they have coming back next year. Give Texas a couple years and their goal will back at making a run at one, guess it just depends what your expectations are .

You are putting words in other Aggie Fans mouths. I speak for myself and am realistic. For me, a realistic goal is to keep building the program, and especially our defense. Sure I want to win the conference, but not sure if you know yet, but we are in the SEC and McCarron has the prettiest girlfriend. (He should've been picked higher just for her IMO.) :)

Snotbubbles
05-12-2014, 05:40 PM
if you know yet, but we are in the SEC

Yeah, so what. If they played one another, that would be a tough conference. But, they don't.

hookandladder
05-12-2014, 06:08 PM
You are putting words in other Aggie Fans mouths. I speak for myself and am realistic. For me, a realistic goal is to keep building the program, and especially our defense. Sure I want to win the conference, but not sure if you know yet, but we are in the SEC and McCarron has the prettiest girlfriend. (He should've been picked higher just for her IMO.) :)

Pretty sure I know ATM is in the sec, also pretty Mizzouri is in that conference and within two years played in the championship game with the basically the same players they had in the Big 12. So your point is what.

Scoop27
05-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Anthony Fera has signed with the Miami Dolphins

Saggy Aggie
05-12-2014, 08:40 PM

Can you try again but this time using English?

Weebe
05-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Lots of deflection by t shirt fans here.

Anyone who thinks that Baylor's one 5th, two 6th's and two 7th's is better than three 1st rounders has zero credibility when it comes to football.

hookandladder
05-13-2014, 06:03 AM
Can you try again but this time using English?

Saggy, you are really not as smart as you think.Pretty sure even you can figuire it out, now days you kids barely speak any English.

msu97
05-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Lots of deflection by t shirt fans here.

Anyone who thinks that Baylor's one 5th, two 6th's and two 7th's is better than three 1st rounders has zero credibility when it comes to football.

anyone who believes the Aggies are the best think since sliced bread has zero credibility... not that you ever had any...

LSU had 9 picks... does it matter where they went?

Weebe, you are the definition of no credibility...

msu97
05-13-2014, 06:54 AM
according to Weebe... all picks past the 1st round do not count... unless of course, they were aggies...

knowing that the draft and teams are built on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th rounders...

dang, Tom Brady does not count...

Marques Colston does not count...

2/3 of the league does not count...

dang, had no idea the majority of 'Merica did not count...

I mean, Henry Josey signed as a free agent with the Iggles... guess i should tell him he does not count? what about Shaun Lewis? or AJ Highsmith? they do not count either...

Weebe, the only guy smarter than everyone in Mensa...

1st and goal
05-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Pretty sure I know ATM is in the sec, also pretty Mizzouri is in that conference and within two years played in the championship game with the basically the same players they had in the Big 12. So your point is what.

You are bitter that UT's coach has stated they won't win the NC this year.

We'll have decent offensive production this year, I'm not expecting JF type heroics. I'm hoping the defense gets shored up with our recruits, especially the line.

hookandladder
05-13-2014, 09:08 AM

We'll have decent offensive production this year, I'm not expecting JF type heroics. I'm hoping the defense gets shored up with our recruits, especially the line.

Bitter, come on man I am over 50 with much more important things to worry about or be bitter. That is far you young guys to get your panies in a wad over, Strong will be fine and he tells like it is right now but they will all hopefully change. Time will tell, I can wait cause beer is cold and fishing is always great.

msu97
05-13-2014, 10:14 AM

why not big numbers? Sumlin's offense has always produced qb's with great #'s... Case Keenum ring a bell?, he received Heisman votes while at UH... Sumlin's offense will always score points... Case Keenum put up JFF #'s before there was JFF... that is the fact that Aggies miss... Aggies have become as bad or worse than so-called UT tshirt fans... but at least UT had won a BCS bowl and a National Championship, and played in another so I at least understood their arrogance... Aggies, not so much

Snotbubbles
05-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Bitter, come on man I am over 50

Hook say's, "I'm a man, I'm 50"

msu97
05-13-2014, 10:37 AM

when I first met Gundy, it was the summer after that happened... it was very hard not to say that to him...
this is funny

hookandladder
05-13-2014, 01:09 PM

Hey but I still like to act young, who wants to get old. It's 50 something.

Saggy Aggie
05-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Saggy, you are really not as smart as you think.Pretty sure even you can figuire it out, now days you kids barely speak any English.

Perfectly capable of figuring it out LOL.... But if someone has to decipher your typing you might try just a little harder next time. You're one step above scoop.

hookandladder
05-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Perfectly capable of figuring it out LOL.... But if someone has to decipher your typing you might try just a little harder next time. You're one step above scoop.

Now you picking on Scoop, you need to get out more and get out away from the keyboard. How bout them aggies for next year, what your prediction on how many wins for them ags.

1st and goal
05-13-2014, 03:31 PM
2014 TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (As of Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013)

Thursday, Aug. 28 at *South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.

Saturday, Sept. 6 vs. Lamar, Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 13 vs. Rice, Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 20 at SMU, Dallas, Texas

Saturday, Sept. 27 vs. *Arkansas, Arlington, Texas

Saturday, Oct. 4 at *Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.

Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. *Ole Miss, Kyle Field

Saturday, Oct. 18 at *Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Saturday, Oct. 25 OPEN

Saturday, Nov. 1 vs. Louisiana-Monroe, Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 8 at *Auburn, Auburn, Ala.

Saturday, Nov. 15 vs. *Missouri Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 22 OPEN

Thursday, Nov. 27 vs. *LSU, Kyle Field

*SEC Game

I'd be happy with 9-3 at the end of the season but 11-1 would be awesome. But we are building a team and I will say that 8-4 is probable. Lots of questions to be answered as of yet...

Weebe
05-13-2014, 03:35 PM
according to Weebe... all picks past the 1st round do not count... unless of course, they were aggies...

knowing that the draft and teams are built on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th rounders...

dang, Tom Brady does not count...

Marques Colston does not count...

2/3 of the league does not count...

dang, had no idea the majority of 'Merica did not count...

I mean, Henry Josey signed as a free agent with the Iggles... guess i should tell him he does not count? what about Shaun Lewis? or AJ Highsmith? they do not count either...

Weebe, the only guy smarter than everyone in Mensa...

Statistically speaking, a first round pick is 8 times as likely to make it past his rookie contract with a team than a fifth, sixth or seventh round pick.

It's convenient that you cherry pick the late round guys that have been successful. Anyone can find outliers.

Out of the last 5 Hall of Fame classes, there have been 16 first former first rounders inducted. There have been two players combined that have been inducted that were chosen in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

Snotbubbles
05-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey but I still like to act young, who wants to get old. It's 50 something.

I hear ya Hooker. Just when you said, " I'm a man, I'm 50 something" that Gundy's press conference popped in my head right away. It's all good. And yes, getting old sucks. Ask Saggy why she uses that name? It's nature SA.:wave: Either age caused or big boned. Leave scoop alone.:tisk:

caleb_mccaig
05-13-2014, 03:51 PM
2014 TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (As of Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013)

Thursday, Aug. 28 at *South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.

Saturday, Sept. 6 vs. Lamar, Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 13 vs. Rice, Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 20 at SMU, Dallas, Texas

Saturday, Sept. 27 vs. *Arkansas, Arlington, Texas

Saturday, Oct. 4 at *Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.

Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. *Ole Miss, Kyle Field

Saturday, Oct. 18 at *Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Saturday, Oct. 25 OPEN

Saturday, Nov. 1 vs. Louisiana-Monroe, Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 8 at *Auburn, Auburn, Ala.

Saturday, Nov. 15 vs. *Missouri Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 22 OPEN

Thursday, Nov. 27 vs. *LSU, Kyle Field

*SEC Game

I'd be happy with 9-3 at the end of the season but 11-1 would be awesome. But we are building a team and I will say that 8-4 is probable. Lots of questions to be answered as of yet...

Why is LSU playing at Kyle Field two years in a row? Doesn't really matter, LSU owns A&M even when Johnny was there, but I'm just curious.

Rabid Cougar
05-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Why is LSU playing at Kyle Field two years in a row? Doesn't really matter, LSU owns A&M even when Johnny was there, but I'm just curious.

Only 29 and 20 vs ATM. Not as bad a you would think The last three years has been LSU. Before that from 91 thru 96 its was all Aggies. '86 thru '96 Ags were 6 games to 4 on the Tigers.

Curious thing, from 1922 to 1986(which I played in), except for bowl games,(2 - 1944 and 1955) all LSU vs A&M games were played in Baton Rouge (27 Games) of which A&M won 6.

I am thinking A&M is making up for 64 years.

Saggy Aggie
05-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Now you picking on Scoop, you need to get out more and get out away from the keyboard. How bout them aggies for next year, what your prediction on how many wins for them ags.

Idk I'd have to look at the schedule and sit down and think about it. Probably 8 or so though

Saggy Aggie
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM

Last year was in Baton Rouge.... I was there....?

Rabid Cougar
05-14-2014, 09:43 AM

Don't worry, You were in Baton Rouge.

caleb_mccaig
05-14-2014, 10:45 AM

Lol was it really? I guess that makes sense, especially since ya'll played Bama at home.

Saggy Aggie
05-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Don't worry, You were in Baton Rouge.

I was a little inebriated :)