PDA

View Full Version : 3A State Golf Tournament Final Day

regaleagle
04-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Well it's all over now. The Andrews Girls cruised to their 4th straight State title by a mere 80 strokes. Yep, you read it right...that's 80 strokes(20 per team player). They already had State Champ T-Shirts made and ready with each player's name and picture on them, lol. LaVernia's Shawnee Allen wins Medalist honors, edging out Andrews senior Sarah Black by 4 strokes. Allen is only a freshman and shot a 72-77 for individual State champion. Great Stuff!! Taking 2nd place in the Girls division was Snyder, and Monahans got 3rd, three strokes ahead of Melissa. Congrats to the Andrews girls team for making it 4 straight titles in a row at the State tournament and literally smashing the competition in the process.

regaleagle
04-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Now for the Boys side of the story. Llano started the day with a 5-stroke lead over Argyle and Pleasant Grove, and was 11 shots ahead of 4th place Andrews. Well it was moving day today. Argyle and Pleasant Grove both bested Llano, and Andrews passed them all up on the way to defending their title. That's right....Andrews shot 10 strokes better today and has now won back-to-back State team titles in golf. They shot 314 as a team today for a winning total of 638. Argyle again came in 2nd with a two-day team total of 644, and Pleasant Grove was another 3 strokes back of that for 3rd place. G.K. Morrison won a one-hole playoff against Tanner Napier of Paris for individual honors. So now Morrison and former Andrews product and now PGA touring pro Chad Campbell have both won individual and team title trophies for Andrews. Longtime Coach Jeff Miller is going out as a back-to-back winner, retiring this season after a long, successful career at Andrews. Great comeback win for Andrews today on the ol' course. I was kinda hopin' my Argyle Eagles could take advantage of their lead over Andrews and get a little payback from last season, but it was not to be. From what I read, the Andrews team caught and passed Llano and Pleasant Grove on the front nine, and finally Argyle on the back. That's some good playing. Congrats to the Andrews Mustangs....it was another sweep in golf for them this season.

44INAROW
04-29-2014, 10:42 PM
Well it's all over now. The Andrews Girls cruised to their 4th straight State title by a mere 80 strokes. Yep, you read it right...that's 80 strokes(20 per team player). They already had State Champ T-Shirts made and ready with each player's name and picture on them, lol. LaVernia's Shawnee Allen wins Medalist honors, edging out Andrews senior Sarah Black by 4 strokes. Allen is only a freshman .

That's awesome 👏👏. Going 4 years in a row is Great but to win each time is awesome! I have fond memories of state golf tourneys. Cuero never won but I think we went 7 out of 8 years and all 4 years when Johnny was in school 2004-2007. We'd sneak over and watch the girls some each day (Yoakum girls were playing..something like 32 straight appearances) and it seems like a west Texas team was 1 and 2 every time. And not by one or 2 strokes, but by a lot. Must be something in the water lol. -
And kudos to Shawnee Allen. A freshman shooting 72-77 is fantastic!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD