PDA

View Full Version : 3A State Golf Tournament Update: Day 1

regaleagle
04-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Today was the first of two rounds for the 3A State Golf Tournament for both Boys & Girls at Wolfdancer Golf Club in Lost Pines near Bastrop. The team leading in the clubhouse after Day 1 is Llano(313), followed by Argyle and Pleasant Grove tied for 2nd at 318. Andrews, last year's State Champ, is tied for 4th with several other teams at 324. Llano placed 3rd in the Region 1 Tourney behind Andrews and Lampassas, but are a full 11 strokes ahead of defending champion Andrews today on the Boys side. The Girls teams barely finished before dark, and the Andrews Girls team is the favorite...going for a 4th straight title. I don't know how the team standings turned out after Day 1 on the Girls side. Last year, the Argyle Boys team was tied with Andrews on the last day with 4 holes left, and eventually lost by one stroke. This is the Argyle Boys 3rd straight trip to State for golf. I don't know how many times Andrews may have made the trip in consecutive years, but I'm betting they hold the record.

Weebe
04-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Do you have a link for the scores?

BwdLion73
04-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Do you have a link for the scores?

...link for the scores...sorry made me smile...

regaleagle
04-29-2014, 09:17 AM
uil.org/golf or just google 3a Texas state golf tournament and it will send you to the UIL site. Looks like the Andrews Girls are only about 30 strokes in the lead after Day 1, lol. My money is on the Argyle Boys closing the gap today and possibly walking away with the win, even though they trail Llano by 5 strokes. They are fairly consistent, but anything can happen. I expect to see some lower scores today and some movement on Day 2. Each team has 5 players playing, but only the 4 lowest scores are taken. Usually, it's the well-balanced teams that do well in a 2-day affair like this. If a player or two go really low like Llano did yesterday, and the other two best scores are average, then that's what a team is looking for.

regaleagle
04-29-2014, 10:51 AM
OOPS!!! Let's get the story straight....the Andrews Girls team is leading the tournament by a 45 stroke margin after Day 1. WOW, talk about putting the whack attack on.....forget it. Looks like some 3A Girls golf programs need to do a lot of work to catch up with the Andrews program. I guess you could assume they will walk away with their 4th straight golf title.