PDA

View Full Version : Your Schools All-Time Team

Matthew328
06-05-2002, 01:21 AM
A great off-season topic...here is what I came up with for Everman...I have no life so it is pretty elaborate...LOL

OFFENSE

QB-Michael Benton: will graduate in 2003 the best all-around QB Everman has ever had..led the team to state tittle and was 3rd team all-state as a junior

TB-Corey Connally: clas of 99 only started one year but was good enough to earn a full-ride to TCU..currently is 2nd string TB at TCU...

FB-JJ Jennings: will graduate in 2003...has put up big numbers both years he started..is a top prospect next year...

WB-Blaine Harrell: class of 2002...a threat to run or catch the ball...also threw a TD pass his junior year...also the best punt returner Everman ever had...will play at U of New Mexico next year..MVP of the 2001 state championship team...

WR-JD Hill: class of 2001, many thought he grossly under-utilized but is the best WR ever at Everman High..last year started as a freshman at SW Texas St.

TE-Jason Cambell: class of 1996, 2 time all 13-4A...walked on at UNT and earned a scholarship..

OT-Martin Marcuse: class of 1995, 2nd team all-state class 4A

OG-Jeremy Wooley: class of 1998, 3rd team all-state class 4A played at Cisco JC...

C-Monte Mayo: will graduate next year..started since he was a sophmore..was 2nd team all-state last year as a junior..

OG-Steve Williams: class of 2000, was 3rd team all-state in Class 4A...currently playing at Hutchinson JC in Kansas...

OT-Nick Clark: will graduate this year..was 3rd team all-state last year also started since he was a sophmore...

DEFENSE

DE-John Turntine: class of 98, 2 time 10-4A defensive MVP...currently plays DT at TCU..

DT-JW Scott: class of 1996, 3 time all-district 3rd team all-state class 4A...was a member of JUCO national championship team at Trinity Valley CC....

DT-Rodricos Anderson: class of 1998, 2 time all-district 10-4A...played at Cisco JC...

DE-Samarain Evans: class of 2002...2nd team all-state in class 3A..

LB-Barron Wortham: class of 1990..played for Houston Oilers, Tennesee Titans and Dallas Cowboys...was 2 time all-state in Class 4A and 2 time WAC defensive player of the year at UTEP....

LB-Jahmal Hall: class of 2001, was 3rd team all-state in 4A and first team all-state in 3A...currently plays for Colorado St..

LB-Terrance Malone: class of 1993, was 1st team all-state in 4A..started 2 years at Oklahoma....

CB-Derrus Wilson: class of 98, 2nd team all-state in 4A..1st team all-conference at Blinn JC and started 2 years at BYU....

FS-Terrance Cook: class of 1995, 3rd team all-state class 4A....started 2 years at TCU....

SS-Barron Wortham: class of 1994..1st team all-state class 4A...2 year starter at TCU...

CB-Tremaine Wright: class of 2002...member of state tittle team, signed to play at Kilgore College..

I told you I have no life!

sinfan75
06-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Sinton Pirates All-Time Team:

QB-Adrian Alaniz
RB-Marcus Charles
RB-Sita Brown
WR-Kid in the early 80's(can't thinof name)
WR-Joe bryan Jasso
TE-Goynes
OL-Ryan Garza
OL-Charlie Nelson
OL-Charlie Jones
OL-Rob Thomas
OL-Omar Guerro

Defense:
DL-Donnie Davis
DL-Steve Thomas
DL-Zach Perterson
DL-Curt Jones
LB-Jason Brittain
LB-Rob Thomas
LB-Frank Brown
DB-Chance Schmidt
DB-Tony Martino
DB-Marcus Charles
DB-Euclid Brown
K-Jerry Juroch
P-Russel Gibson

kaorder1999
06-09-2002, 02:35 PM
This is who I think is Forney's team of the 90's! Didn't move into forney until 92 so I am just naming people from that year to the present.....

QB-Clay Beason (now offensive coordinator at Harding University)..All-State
RB-DaBryan Blanton (just signed to play at OU)
RB-Justin McDaniel (Class of 95, OC at Lone Oak HS) District MVP
WR-TJ Gilmer (Class of 2002)
WR-Michael McGill (Class of 98)
TE-Russell Bannister (Class of 98) now at Midwestern State university
OL-Steve York (Class of 97) played at Baylor for a year
OL-Chris chambliess (Class of 95) played at Southeastern Okla
OL-Ricky Heard (This one might be in 80's...not exactly sure when he played
OL-Chirs Vike (same as above)

Defense:
DL-David Ross (Class of 2001, not at Texas A&M)
DL-Russell Bannister (at Midwestern State)
DL-Bryan Reddick ( Class of 94)
DL-Aaron Tunnell (Class of 95)
LB-Billy Dan Chambliess (Class of 94) now coach at Forney
LB-Will Bromley (Class of 96)two time Defensive district MVP
LB-LB on 91 team (forgot his name)
DB-Clay Beason (all-state guy)
DB-Michael McGill (Class of 98) also a LB
DB-Charlie Rickerson (Class of 2002) Defensice MVP of district
DB-Justin McDaniel (District MVP in 95)
K-Pete Cuva ,Class of 2002 (All State)
P-Pete Cuva (Class of 2002, All-State)

sinton66
06-10-2002, 02:08 PM
This one's a piece of cake for me. This year's Sinton Pirates were the best EVER!
However, thanks SinFan75 for mentioning some of the past heros. You're right, there have been some great ones. Rob Thomas at LB looked like a man out there playing with boys.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 11, 2002).]

SintonFan
06-12-2002, 01:38 AM
Gotta agree with about all of those. Don't forget that QB from the early 80's Orlando Hinojosa (I think that's his name). I saw him throw for something like 500 yards against West Oso. He would be a close second to Adrian. What about that RB from the early 90's that helped get them to the semi's in '91. He was also the kicker. I think his first name was Eric. He should get consideration for top RB. Yep, Sinton's cranked out some good ones.

pirate4state
06-14-2002, 03:09 PM
it was Orlando Flores in the 80's (QB) and he was awesome! in the 90's it was Eric Garza as the back/kicker.

j_dog
06-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Jasper:
Several of these players made first team all state in class 4a (or 3a before the re-naming), but I cannot remember for sure who so I will let anyone who knows fill in the blanks for that, their colleges, and for missing positions. Also, some played briefly in the NFL, but again, if I was not positive, I didn’t mention it. And I extend my apologies to the many very good players for whom I cannot remember their names.

QB Ben Bronson '90, Baylor as WR, briefly with Indianapolis Colts at WR, then Houston Arena team.
RB Oliver (Bull) Hadnot ’75, McNeese State, First team all-state
RB, Jason McQueen, ’02, Who knows how good he can be. Reminds me of Emmit Smith. I saw him break 3 solid tackles against Port Arthur Lincoln on the way to an eighty yard TD run.
FB, TE, LB James Hadnot ’75, Texas Tech, SWC offensive player of year at RB, All America, played for Kansas City for three years at FB.
WR Terence Davis '90
WR, RB Reggie Davis ‘84; TCU as RB
WR Victor Williams '86
WR Brandon Verrett '00
TE John Davis ’90 (drafted by Cowboys, was with Tampa Bay, now with Chicago Bears)
OL Jorrie Adams, 02, 6’ 8”, 280 lbs, future D1 player, future NFL all-pro
--------------
DL Joseph “Red” Bryant, 02, 6’ 5”, 285 lbs, future D1 player, future NFL all-pro
DL Jesse Borner, ’71 first team all state
NG, Willie Cade 82, 6’ 4” 303 lbs, led team to 9 shutouts and 12 wins, MVP in a 14 team district
DE Phil Jones, ’66, UH, signed with Buffalo Bills, injury forced early retirement.
LB Eugene Seale ’81, Lamar University, Houston Oilers, 5 seasons
LB Derrick Wilson '88
LB Curtis Hafford '87, Baylor
DBs Ronnie Pickle, All state ’71 UH
DB Clyde Williams '93
DB Shun Horn '93, Texas A&M
DB Michael McFarland '87, Baylor
DB Raefel Adams '87, LSU
DB Zack Bronson 91, plays for SF 49’s (you may have noticed his high-light interception of the week this past year)
LB Anthony Land '86
DB Kenneth Shankle '86

Special Teams:
Kickoff Return: Reggie Davis, ‘84, Tony Allen, ’84 TCU, world class sprinter (I think he still may hold the 4a 400m record), Punt returner, David Scott, ‘76, Almost a sure TD against any team with the guts to kick to any of them.

Gene Walkoviak, all-time coach.
Ronnie Pickle, all time assistant coach

Old timers:
RB Max Alvis, Sr, 50’s, UT, star of Sugar Bowl, then signed with Cleveland Indians, played some 13 years, widely recognized as one of the best all time third basemen in MLB.

From now closed Jasper Rowe High School:
OL, Sam Adams, Sr., 60’s, How many years all pro for Patriots? Played about 12, 13 years. Recently picked to the Patriots all time team.

Bulldog92
06-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Good job on that post, j_dog, but I forgot to tell you that Clyde Williams from the '93 team went to McNeese and was on the Bengals practice squad for a year I think. That's a hell of a list though, and we'll add FB Marlon Cook (just a junior this year) and DL James Bryant once they're done too. It's amazing how many world-class athletes and people come from a tiny place like Jasper. It's a good place to be from.....