El Campo vs Yoakum Series
Game 1 Thursday in El Campo, Time TBD
Game 2 Friday in Yoakum, Time TBD
Game 3 Saturday if Necessary in El Campo, Time TBD

Webcast
www.kulpradio.com

hookandladder
04-28-2014, 06:07 AM
La Grange - Needville 1 game, pretty sure at Sealy on Friday.

Scoop27
04-28-2014, 12:33 PM
El Campo-Yoakum Times
Game 1 Thursday 7:30 p.m. in El Campo
Game 2 Friday, 7:30 p.m. in Yoakum
Game 3, Saturday, If Necessary 4 p.m. Saturday
www.kulpradio.com

bd62
04-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Should be some really good games in 253a against 263a in the 3 games series. Lagrange will be tough if that is a one game playoff. Needville is a good baseball town and will not go easy but Supak is a very special pitcher and will be tough to beat.

XMan
04-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Is El Campo playing at a new field this year or are they still over at the little league park?

Weebe
04-30-2014, 06:42 AM
Still at the old field.

Scoop27
05-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Game 1 Final
Yoakum 11, El Campo 8
Ricebirds rally from 5-1 5th inning deficit to tie the game
Bulldogs with a run in the top of the 6th to go up 6-5 and Birds with two runs in the bottom half to go up 7-6
Bulldogs put up five runs in the top of the 7th to go up 11-7.
EC scores 1 run in the bottom half to make it 11-8 and leaves bases loaded
Ricebirds finish with 7 errors

Game 2
7:30 p.m. Friday in Yoakum

bd62
05-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Giddings 5-0 over Sealy
Bellville 6-2 over Cuero

XMan
05-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Real interesting. #1 seed EC and #2 seed Sealy fall, but #3 Bellville wins.

speedbump
05-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Real interesting. #1 seed EC and #2 seed Sealy fall, but #3 Bellville wins.

As Craig Biggio would say "That's baseball"

Weebe
05-02-2014, 07:23 AM

Not very good baseball.

El Campo is a bad defensive team.

Clutch643
05-02-2014, 09:17 AM

Anyone can beat anyone on any given day!

For El Campo, Cuero, and Sealy, they are in a series and there is another day.... Lagrange and Needville for all the marbles tonight....Good luck to all teams tonight and Saturday...

YTBulldogs
05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
I assume EC was saving their ace for tonight (Friday)? Unless they are like us, no ace. If we can get it to the 6th, 7th, we have a solid closer in Blakeney. Noticed he was warming up, till we plated those 5 runs in 7th. Agree, EC fundamentals were lacking last night on routine plays. We too, had a few issues fielding. I think both teams will shore up the "D", and play better ball tonight in Yoakum.

Weebe
05-02-2014, 12:28 PM
El Campo's best pitcher is pitching tonight. I don't know if I would call him an ace.

He a soph and still small. But he locates very well and will be very good by the time he is a senior.

But, EC doesn't deserve to win when they make 8 errors.

YTBulldogs
05-02-2014, 01:04 PM
El Campo's best pitcher is pitching tonight. I don't know if I would call him an ace.

He a soph and still small. But he locates very well and will be very good by the time he is a senior.

Yeah, we have 4 or five #3 type SP'ers ourselves. If we play sound fundamental ball (make the routine plays) and get the bunts down to advance runners, pitch ahead in counts, we can hang around in most games.

speedbump
05-02-2014, 03:35 PM

I was around in the 60's. There was some good ball being played in EC at all levels. Eight errors mighty haven't been the monthly total in those days. Wonder what happened.

Scoop27
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Tonight's game on webcast on
www.kulpradio.com
http://texasthunderradio.com/kykm/

XMan
05-02-2014, 11:22 PM
EC seems to be all about football at the high school level these days. Baseball just isn't that important. Baseball is just something you do the few minutes that you aren't working on some sort of football activity. The result is the sloppy, inconsistent play that you saw in these last few games.

Weebe
05-03-2014, 02:09 AM
I was around in the 60's. There was some good ball being played in EC at all levels. Eight errors mighty haven't been the monthly total in those days. Wonder what happened.

Coaching.

YTBulldogs
05-03-2014, 10:51 AM
That pitiful city park field might have had something to do with it there in El Campo. Have ya'll always played there?

speedbump
05-03-2014, 05:55 PM
That pitiful city park field might have had something to do with it there in El Campo. Have ya'll always played there?

Been playing at the same spot since the 50s. Of course it's been renovated a couple of times since then. Not sure when the last took place. That was the Birds last game there since they will be playing at one off the best complexes in the state next year.

Have a look. Click on one of the pictures for the slide show : http://www.ecfieldofdreams.org/master-plan.html

YTBulldogs
05-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Been playing at the same spot since the 50s. Of course it's been renovated a couple of times since then. Not sure when the last took place. That was the Birds last game there since they will be playing at one off the best complexes in the state next year.

Have a look. Click on one of the pictures for the slide show : http://www.ecfieldofdreams.org/master-plan.html

Very nice sb. Kid's will take some pride fielding there compared to what we seen Thursday over there. Hopefully they'll upgrade their groundskeepers too? I can't blame the fielding woes on the kid's or coaching as some have. Infield was in sad condition. Not sure when the last time it was watered. Good luck to the Ricebirds next season.

speedbump
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Very nice sb. Kid's will take some pride fielding there compared to what we seen Thursday over there. Hopefully they'll upgrade their groundskeepers too? I can't blame the fielding woes on the kid's or coaching as some have. Infield was in sad condition. Not sure when the last time it was watered. Good luck to the Ricebirds next season.

I'll miss going to games there. Been going off and on since about 1958. The old place has seen 3 state champions one LL WS finalist one Big LL WS champion and a LL softball WS runner up. EC was a baseball town back in the day.

maestro
05-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Looks very special.

Is this an on campus field??

Congrats on the upgrades.

Scoop27
05-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Will El Campo's new facility be owned by the high school? or city run?