PDA

View Full Version : Regional Track question

Scoop27
04-26-2014, 09:10 PM
How many places from the regional meet advance to state? Is it still two or three?

regaleagle
04-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm pretty certain it's the top two finishers in each event. In the Region 2 meet today, Argyle's UT-bound Reese Thompson won the pole vault with a jump of 16'3" and the 110m high hurdles. Argyle's girls 4x400 team won their event and are headed to the State Meet for the 4th straight year(not all the same runners, of course). That's the only results I know about so far in the Region 2 meet. I don't even know who won it, but I reckon it was either Sanger or Decatur, or possibly one of the East Texas teams....I dunno.

NastySlot
04-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Two from each region advance along with one wild card runner from any of the four regions.........so nine runners advance to state

Celina8
04-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Looks from the individual events that Tyler Chapel Hill won the meet and maybe Celina was second. Not sure as they did not post team results and the DMN just posted the local teams results. Here is the link to the meet results for both (http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Top.aspx?DivID=51910)boys and girls:

One thing different is the DMN shows Anna won the 1600 meter relay with a 3:23 time but the meet results do not even show them placing.

Rabid Cougar
04-27-2014, 08:09 AM
I think field events only take eight ( top two from each region).

Region III Pole Vault. 1st Brandon Bray, Jr. China Spring 16'6" 2nd Riley Richards, Fr. China Spring 14'6"

purring kitty
04-27-2014, 08:39 AM
http://heralddemocrat.com/sports/varsity/track-roundup-athletes-region-meet
Sherman Herald Dem says Celina won the Reg II, 3A meet at Commerce with 63 points and Sanger second. They're only reporting results of teams within their reading area and don't have the whole meet posted.

Celina8
04-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Sherman Herald Dem says Celina won the Reg II, 3A meet at Commerce with 63 points and Sanger second. They're only reporting results of teams within their reading area and don't have the whole meet posted.

The team results in the Sherman And Dallas Morning News are just the area teams finished compared to other local teams. Look at the individual events and I think you will see that Tyler Chapel Hill probably won the meet and Celina came in second.

pirate4state
04-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Where can we see all events listed? I thought dyestat would have it, but they only have region IV

Celina8
04-27-2014, 11:46 AM

After taking a second look at the individual events maybe Celina did win the meet and Sanger came in second. You might be right purring kitty!

Celina8
04-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Where can we see all events listed? I thought dyestat would have it, but they only have region IV

go up to where I first posted on this thread and click on the the blue word "both" and you should be able to work from there to locate the results your looking for.

gatordaze
04-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Celina won region after finishing 3-4 in district? Sand bagging district or did others choke?

regaleagle
04-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Celina won region after finishing 3-4 in district? Sand bagging district or did others choke?

It ain't got nothing to do with that. The nature of competition in both field and running events is how the athlete performed in his event on THAT particular day versus the other competitors. Sometimes the odds-on favorite has a "bad start", or the relay team misses a handoff, or the jumper misses his mark. Othertimes, an athlete hits his personal best time, or jumps his best jump, etc. and "outperforms" the best of the competition in that event on that particular day. That's called being conditioned both physically and mentally, and hitting on all cylinders at the right time. Some athletes are better at reaching deep down for something extra that they didn't even know was there. When you're dealing with 15-18 year olds that are testing their physical limits, sometimes it takes the best of competition and a whole season of training for the athlete's true threshold to emerge. And then there's nagging injuries to consider.

regaleagle
04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Looks from the individual events that Tyler Chapel Hill won the meet and maybe Celina was second. Not sure as they did not post team results and the DMN just posted the local teams results. Here is the link to the meet results for both (http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Top.aspx?DivID=51910)boys and girls:

One thing different is the DMN shows Anna won the 1600 meter relay with a 3:23 time but the meet results do not even show them placing.

That's because they didn't qualify to be there. They got Anna and Argyle mixed up. It's a misprint....just like Reese Thompson's winning vault was 16'3", not 15'0", which leads me to believe there's probably more errors in posting the final results than these two.

Celina8
04-27-2014, 06:27 PM
That's because they didn't qualify to be there. They got Anna and Argyle mixed up. It's a misprint....just like Reese Thompson's winning vault was 16'3", not 15'0", which leads me to believe there's probably more errors in posting the final results than these two.

So does that mean Argyle won the 1600 meter relay or that Argyle ran a 3:23. Just a little confused want to make sure I have the right info before I spout off at work tomorrow.

regaleagle
04-27-2014, 06:50 PM
So does that mean Argyle won the 1600 meter relay or that Argyle ran a 3:23. Just a little confused want to make sure I have the right info before I spout off at work tomorrow.

According to the message board of the Argyle Booster Club website, the Argyle girls won the 4x400 relay and set a personal team best in doing so. There was no mention of Anna in the mix in anything I have read. The Argyle girls relay team have been state-ranked all season with a 2nd best time up until this meet. I seriously doubt that Anna came out of the woodwork and suddenly appeared. I was not there, so I can only rely on those that were. And I seriously doubt the DMN had coverage at the meet either. There were just too many 4a/5a meets going on at the same time that they do cover.

Rabid Cougar
04-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Region 2 Results

http://tx.milesplit.com/meets/166292/results/299942

Celina8
04-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Region 2 Results

http://tx.milesplit.com/meets/166292/results/299942

Ok this is even more confusing, but from what I understand this link is not the Final results for the boys as I understand Celina won the 400m relay and 800m relay (Boys that is).

marler1972
04-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Here are the uil results for Region 2 http://lionathletics.com/documents/2014/4/26/day_2_results.pdf?id=360

buckeyebob
04-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Gilmer Buckeyes will be sending East Texas Speedters to Austin & some will recognize the names from the Grid Iron:
100 Meters - Kris Boyd
300 Hurdles - Nick Smith
400 Relay - Devin Smith, Dakeilan Nelson, Chase Tate, Kris Boyd

and will be joined by:
400 Meters - Carthage's Tee Goree
800 Meters - Carthage's Jeremy Matlock

best of luck guys

WOS87
04-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Yeah... the top 2 automatically go and the highest 3rd place finisher out of the 4 regions goes as a "wild card"

FROM the KOGT radio site

"Because of the "Wild Card" position the West Orange-Stark Mustangs have added two more events to their lineup at the State Track Meet in Austin May 9-10. Will Johnson will run in the 300 hurdles and Deionte Thompson will compete in the high jump. Both athletes finished third in their event at the Region III Meet last weekend. The UIL takes the top two from each of the Regions to State plus the best third place finish of the four Regional Meets for a total of nine competitors in each event. Johnson's personal best in the 300 is 39.25 and Thompson's best jump is 6-6."

1st and goal
05-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Congrats to Giddings Boys winning the R4 title.