PDA

View Full Version : How is the fishing where you live

lostaussie
04-24-2014, 03:22 PM
A little slow in East Texas. Crappie picking up a bit but the bass are still making love and hard to find. Should all pick up in next couple weeks!!

greendawg84
04-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Dont live there but headed to Port O in the morning ! I will let ya know on Monday how it goes .

lostaussie
04-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Nothing like some salt water jerking!!!

bobcat1
04-24-2014, 06:28 PM
On fire! Crappie that is. My son and his friend caught some ditch pickles:taunt: the other day and they practiced catch and release.... to the grease that is. One went nearly 10 lbs. It was a private lake that needed some thinning. ;)

grahampaw
04-24-2014, 06:44 PM
fishing off the dock is not going to good seeing how the water is 50 yards away. I cant even cast that far. on top of that the neighbor got in trouble for mowing the lake. Its too bad it made a nice football field for the kids to play a pickup game.

lostaussie
04-25-2014, 10:09 AM
fishing off the dock is not going to good seeing how the water is 50 yards away. I cant even cast that far. on top of that the neighbor got in trouble for mowing the lake. Its too bad it made a nice football field for the kids to play a pickup game.our lakes have all but filled back up. Hope you guys get some significant water soon.

Rabid Cougar
04-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Looking out my office window at the Lake..... yep.... its wet and the fish are still there.

Saggy Aggie
04-25-2014, 12:38 PM
I'll let you know Sunday. I'm skipping church to go wade the surf. Hopefully catch a few specks

BwdLion73
04-25-2014, 01:13 PM
fishing off the dock is not going to good seeing how the water is 50 yards away. I cant even cast that far. on top of that the neighbor got in trouble for mowing the lake. Its too bad it made a nice football field for the kids to play a pickup game.

I understand that. It should be 10 foot of the end of my pier, instead I have to go out there and dust the Catfish for ticks. We have not been at spillway since 2007(Lake Brownwood).
The local bass club has a pot luck meet each Wed. at 5 and they are bringing in some decent fish. Water is starting to warm and the State Park is reporting decent fishing there.

cr180t
04-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Fishing is great where I am at now. Lake a little low not to bad though

Crow22
04-26-2014, 09:12 AM
On fire! Crappie that is. My son and his friend caught some ditch pickles:taunt: the other day and they practiced catch and release.... to the grease that is. One went nearly 10 lbs. It was a private lake that needed some thinning. ;)

That's awesome! Your son caught a Crappie that was twice the size of the world record!

regaleagle
04-26-2014, 03:38 PM
That's awesome! Your son caught a Crappie that was twice the size of the world record!

Well, heckfire.....it ain't a fish story unlessen there's a stretchin' of the line a little bit, lol.

bobcat1
04-26-2014, 07:23 PM

That's awesome! Your son caught a Crappie that was twice the size of the world record! Ditch pickle = bass I was poking at Lost Aussie. He really did catch one pushing 10lbs and filleted it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-26-2014, 07:24 PM
My fishing buddy went down to Freeport/Jake Jackson for some surf fishing. Said he got into some real heavy Sheephead action as well as some slot Reds. I'm just angry the MFer didn't call me to go with him, as I was off on Friday.

lostaussie
04-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Ditch pickle = bass I was poking at Lost Aussie. He really did catch one pushing 10lbs and filleted it.

Have you fished any CAT tourneys this year yet. We fished the LOP one a couple weeks ago and them boys put a whuppin on us. We had 7 really nice fish.............but it wasn't near enough.

Saggy Aggie
04-28-2014, 12:29 PM
My fishing buddy went down to Freeport/Jake Jackson for some surf fishing. Said he got into some real heavy Sheephead action as well as some slot Reds. I'm just angry the MFer didn't call me to go with him, as I was off on Friday.

Where'd he go? I usually fish that area...

Bottom fishing isn't my thing though. I skipped out on Sunday cuz the weather went south and the surf got rough...

bobcat1
04-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Have you fished any CAT tourneys this year yet. We fished the LOP one a couple weeks ago and them boys put a whuppin on us. We had 7 really nice fish.............but it wasn't near enough.

Nope. Timing has been all wrong. I'm not real big into the tourneys anyway. I just like eating them. :D