PDA

View Full Version : Lens implants

MUSTANG69
04-23-2014, 11:57 AM
I am going to have lens implants done. Has anybody had this procedure and what is your opinion of the results?

Of course I am going to have to get a heart transplant after paying for it.:ack!:

44INAROW
04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
I am going to have lens implants done. Has anybody had this procedure and what is your opinion of the results?

Of course I am going to have to get a heart transplant after paying for it.:ack!:

i've never heard of it - outpatient procedure? good luck!

D'Highlander
04-23-2014, 03:58 PM

My boss had it yesterday and was back at work today. He said it was just a little itchy. Told the Dr he was ready to do the other one today but the doc is making him wait two weeks.

MUSTANG69
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
My boss had it yesterday and was back at work today. He said it was just a little itchy. Told the Dr he was ready to do the other one today but the doc is making him wait two weeks.

That is pretty much what they are telling me. I am having my right eye done Monday. The doc told I would have to wait at least 2 weeks to have the other one done. I'm getting the "bionic" lens. Helps with your vision up close, medium range and far distances. It will also help with my astigmatism. I also will be able to see thru women's clothing.:evilgrin: Insurance will only pay for the basic lens so I'm footing a big part of the bill on this.

BwdLion73
04-24-2014, 05:54 PM
. I also will be able to see thru women's clothing.:evilgrin:.

I lost my x-ray glasses that I ordered from the back of my superman comic books.

On a serious note is this conversation about lasic or is this completely different?

ronwx5x
04-24-2014, 06:13 PM
I have implants in both eyes due to cataracts. I see much better, about 20/30 but near vision is shot. I never had much problem with them except for dry eyes all the time, but I'm not sure the implants are the cause.

MUSTANG69
04-25-2014, 04:04 PM
I lost my x-ray glasses that I ordered from the back of my superman comic books.

On a serious note is this conversation about lasic or is this completely different?

This is not lasic. It is artificial lens implants.

MUSTANG69
04-25-2014, 04:06 PM
I have implants in both eyes due to cataracts. I see much better, about 20/30 but near vision is shot. I never had much problem with them except for dry eyes all the time, but I'm not sure the implants are the cause.

Cataracts are the reason I'm having it done. Glasses are not much help anymore. Did you get the basic lens or the loaded up model?

ronwx5x
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Cataracts are the reason I'm having it done. Glasses are not much help anymore. Did you get the basic lens or the loaded up model?I just have the basic. One eye was over 10 years ago and today's technology was not available. When I had the other done about 6 years ago it made no sense to have one high tech and one low tech. I still wear glasses.

MUSTANG69
04-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Had my right eye done today. Strange to be able to see the tip of the instrument working in your eye.