PDA

View Full Version : Mavs

Saggy Aggie
04-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Suck lol

caleb_mccaig
04-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Suck lol

I don't think any real basketball fan would have given the Mavs much of a chance in this serious lol. I'm expecting them to win one game or get swept. However, after yesterday when Dirk and Monta combined for 22 points and they were still in the game I have a little hope now. It would have been big had they not let SA go on a 19-2 run to end the game but I think the series may be a little more competitive than some thought.

Also, when was the last time the Rockets won a series? 2009? The Mav's have been World Champions more recently than Houston has been relevant in the Basketball world.

coach
04-21-2014, 09:10 AM
I don't think any real basketball fan would have given the Mavs much of a chance in this serious lol. I'm expecting them to win one game or get swept. However, after yesterday when Dirk and Monta combined for 22 points and they were still in the game I have a little hope now. It would have been big had they not let SA go on a 19-2 run to end the game but I think the series may be a little more competitive than some thought.

Also, when was the last time the Rockets won a series? 2009? The Mav's have been World Champions more recently than Houston has been relevant in the Basketball world.

They go out and Het Howard and Harden and lose yesterday. I think Saggie has some Penis Envy on Dallas sports, which is understandable coming from a Houston native.

Farmersfan
04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
The Mavs don't impress me as being very mentally tough at all. The things that make a good team a great team seems to be missing with this collection of guys.

icu812
04-21-2014, 10:24 AM
The Mavs don't impress me as being very mentally tough at all. The things that make a good team a great team seems to be missing with this collection of guys.

I agree. This team has some good pieces but lacks a Tyson Chandler type leader. The Mavs have lost 4th Q leads all season.

Farmersfan
04-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I agree. This team has some good pieces but lacks a Tyson Chandler type leader. The Mavs have lost 4th Q leads all season.

They held their own destiny in their own hands the last game of the season against Memphis. Late in the game the Mavs had a 8 point lead and proceeded to shoot 3 pointer after 3 pointer after 3 pointer. (or should I say "MISS" 3 pointer after 3 pointer). all the while Memphis is driving to the hoop on every possession............ I'm yelling at the TV to bench the next moron who shoots a low percentage shot instead of taking it to the hole! The problem is the entire team would need benched!

Saggy Aggie
04-21-2014, 02:55 PM
That's like being penis envy of a guy with a ED....

Everything in Dallas sucks. The people, the roads, the teams, etc :)

caleb_mccaig
04-21-2014, 05:25 PM
What? I can't hear why Houston is better. I have five Lombardi trophies in my ear.

Saggy Aggie
04-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Were you even born then? Or still shitting your diaper?

Tejastrue
04-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Mavs appear to have something for the Spurs after the blowout tonight... Could have easily been up 2-0 right now.

icu812
04-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Spurs have played awful so far. I think it was 24 turnovers in G2. I know Dallas is playing harder on D but that is terrible.

Can't stand Manu flopping around all over the court. Great player but that is disgusting.

Mavs were up 20 with about 3min left and I still wasn't convinced it was going to hold up. Big win.......GO MAVS!!

Saggy Aggie
04-26-2014, 06:18 PM
omg.... mavs could be up 3-0 right now....

regaleagle
04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Not really a shocker....the Spurs knew the Mavs know how to play them better than just about any other playoff team out there. The Spurs will have to get by this round with the Mavs before they can be on a more even keel going forward. The Mavs, on the other hand....if they do happen to advance in this series over the Spurs....will more than likely hit their wall for the rest of the playoffs. That's just the history between these two clubs and the way it appears it will shake out. If the Spurs advance, you have to count them as a real contender, but not so for the Mavs.

caleb_mccaig
04-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Game four tonight everyone. Does Dallas shock the world and take the 3-1 lead????

slingshot
04-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Suck lol... *crickets*

Saggy Aggie
04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
... *crickets*

I've posted 3 more times on this thread since that post.... Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "*crickets*"????

PhiI C
04-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I am a Spurs fan first but Vince Carter made a heck of a shot. It was magnificent.

Tejastrue
04-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Looking somewhat the norm again after the Spurs win tonight.

99IHSMustang
04-30-2014, 09:57 PM
Looking somewhat the norm again after the Spurs win tonight.

I was fortunate enough to make this game tonight and it was electric. Vince Carter was the only reason that the Mavs even stayed in the game. It was a great game.

caleb_mccaig
05-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I was fortunate enough to make this game tonight and it was electric. Vince Carter was the only reason that the Mavs even stayed in the game. It was a great game.

Vince was absolutely on fire. He's fun to watch, partly because it feels like he just throws up half of the shots he takes lol.

44INAROW
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM

My son, Johnny and a couple buddies went to the game and he said it was electric too :ditto:- great game, great atmosphere...

I'm a die hard Spurs fan but I will have to say, Dirk was on fire last night!

GO SPURS GO :)

PhiI C
05-01-2014, 11:05 AM
My son, Johnny and a couple buddies went to the game and he said it was electric too :ditto:- great game, great atmosphere...

I'm a die hard Spurs fan but I will have to say, Dirk was on fire last night!

GO SPURS GO :)

I am a Spurs fan too but I hated to see them boo Dirk.

Saggy Aggie
05-02-2014, 09:37 PM
That Vince carter flop that Leonard got called for a charge on might be the worst flop I've ever seen....

Awful....

Tejastrue
05-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Not from this series but I kinda like this one...I don't think anyone has ever topped Manu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNxiWES8G0o&feature=player_detailpage

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I think the carter one is worse

slingshot
05-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I think the carter one is worse

Seriously? Manu is the KING of all floppers... end of discussion. He has made it an art.

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Yes seriously. I'm not saying manu or anyelse doesn't do it more often, but I think this is the worst one I've seen....

Tejastrue
05-03-2014, 06:00 PM
It was indeed a flop but Leonard's mistake was the stiff arm. Surely you've seen worse than this. Karma is a bitch though. It is why I mentioned Manu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8c-XhVEL4&feature=player_embedded

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2014, 06:48 PM
stiff arm??? Cmon... Did he even actually touch him? lol

Tejastrue
05-03-2014, 09:47 PM
It was all about the extension of the arm, he made contact, and seeing where the ref was that made the call I can understand why he blew the whistle.

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2014, 11:39 PM
I guess your eyes are better than mine. I can't even see that he touches him.

And yes, I can understand the call from the refs vantage point, not arguing that. Just a God awful flop

bobcat1
05-04-2014, 07:23 AM
stiff arm??? Cmon... Did he even actually touch him? lol

LOL! I'm not sure but that was really a good sales job by Vince.

Tejastrue
05-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Makes no difference now...Spurs had the answer today.