Saggy Aggie
04-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Apparently doesn't like how Chuck treats the players

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Could you be more specific please...

Be_Advised
04-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Saw this article on Texas Longhorns baseball and loved this quote from Augie Garrido. Maybe football players could learn a little from the baseball team.

"What you see that’s different, it’s about their spirit. Isn’t it cool?” Texas coach Augie Garrido said. “We have a different attitude about what we’re doing at the University of Texas. We have kicked the character ‘Entitlement’ out of our facility. He doesn’t get to play here; ‘Entitlement’ has been removed. So it’s the attitude change, that everyone is contributing to the team, and giving to the team. It’s an ongoing process of getting better each day. The team has not only bought into that, but has embraced it. And that’s the fun you see.”

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Love it...

hookandladder
04-17-2014, 06:11 AM
I personally have not been a Santos fan, think he is overated as a player. His recruiting was a mess and selection process seemed a bit much, one thing is sure now he will walk the line for Strong or he will be out.

Saggy Aggie
04-17-2014, 07:04 AM
He tweeted some comments....

Dawgs
04-17-2014, 07:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruD05p1w0s4

Pretty funny video, but fast forward to about 1:50 to see what Hitler thinks of Dalton Santos!

waterboy
04-17-2014, 07:44 AM
As gifted and talented as Dalton Santos is, he has always been a big cry baby who pulls temper tantrums when things don't go his way. I've seen it while he was still in high school, and was hoping he would mature enough while in college to get past it.

Weebe
04-17-2014, 12:45 PM
I always thought Dantos seemed like a punk during the recruiting process. This does nothing to change my mind.

coachc45
04-17-2014, 12:46 PM
He tweeted some comments....

and what were these comments.... inquiring minds would like to know?

Saggy Aggie
04-17-2014, 12:49 PM
On April 16th at 7:58 AM, Santos said 'I feel like we are in lockdown 24/7'....

coachc45
04-17-2014, 12:55 PM
On April 16th at 7:58 AM, Santos said 'I feel like we are in lockdown 24/7'....

Oh..... doesn't sound so bad. I was hoping for something more juicy! lol

Saggy Aggie
04-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Lol you can't say too much if you're a player... That tweet was of course removed...

buckeyebob
04-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Mr. Santos will have a problem if someone gets in his grill...Lobo Stadium 2011...Mr. Santos was stomping the sideline, spitting, saying ugly things...the BuX stayed in his grill all night...ugly

bobcat1
04-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Sounds like someone's little feelers got hurt.

Saggy Aggie
04-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Sounds to me like the players don't like chucks way of doing things. There is such a thing as being too much of a hardass.... I'm not saying that's the case because none of us is on the inside but I'm pretty sure football players are quite used to discipline and structure. If players are speaking out, there MIGHT be a problem

bobcat1
04-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Sounds to me like the players don't like chucks way of doing things. There is such a thing as being too much of a hardass.... I'm not saying that's the case because none of us is on the inside but I'm pretty sure football players are quite used to discipline and structure. If players are speaking out, there MIGHT be a problem
This made me laugh thinking about PawPaw Mack's disciplined players of the past.

icu812
04-17-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm an Aggie fan but I have to say I don't see the big deal with that tweet if that was the extent of it. I know Dalton and off the field he's a good guy, not a punk. On the field he's a different guy, has always played with a nasty temperament and on the edge. I haven't really seen that in college like I did in high school. In high school teams knew he had a short fuse and always tried everything they could to get under his skin. Against Lindale they started trying to get to him on facebook weeks before the game, students/parents were yelling insults well before the game started, they had hand held sticks with his face on it in the stands (which were customized lol) and the Lindale players were trying what they could during the game. Late in the 2nd Q a Lindale player blocked him late after the play was over and got in his face. Dalton took what the refs said was a swing at him. That was the only game I can remember him getting kicked out of but the fix was in that game. The refs were talking to him as he came out of the locker room before the game and were looking for anything to throw him out. Anyway, that is no excuse for losing his cool and hurting his team but like I said I haven't seen any of that in college. When 6'3" 260 pounds of angry muscle is flying around playing like he wants to kill smaller HS kids all eyes are on him and he's an easy guy to hate. I'm no fan of any player who's a "big cry baby who pulls temper tantrums" but I saw very few times when that description was accurate and I've been watching him since pee wee. Heck he wasn't near as bad as that poster's own coach :) Nasty, cocky, mean, playing on the edge of what is legal, sure...........and because of that I get the hate. As far as the recruiting process goes he played the game and got to the place he wanted to play (he was a life long Longhorn fan). Personally, I thought he made a mistake going to UT, because of the style of play in the SEC I thought A&M was a better fit. Anyway, just had to say my 2 cents on the subject since I've seen a lot more of him than anyone on here.

bobcat1
04-17-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm an Aggie fan but I have to say I don't see the big deal with that tweet if that was the extent of it. I know Dalton and off the field he's a good guy, not a punk. On the field he's a different guy, has always played with a nasty temperament and on the edge. I haven't really seen that in college like I did in high school. In high school teams knew he had a short fuse and always tried everything they could to get under his skin. Against Lindale they started trying to get to him on facebook weeks before the game, students/parents were yelling insults well before the game started, they had hand held sticks with his face on it in the stands (which were customized lol) and the Lindale players were trying what they could during the game. Late in the 2nd Q a Lindale player blocked him late after the play was over and got in his face. Dalton took what the refs said was a swing at him. That was the only game I can remember him getting kicked out of but the fix was in that game. The refs were talking to him as he came out of the locker room before the game and were looking for anything to throw him out. Anyway, that is no excuse for losing his cool and hurting his team but like I said I haven't seen any of that in college. When 6'3" 260 pounds of angry muscle is flying around playing like he wants to kill smaller HS kids all eyes are on him and he's an easy guy to hate. I'm no fan of any player who's a "big cry baby who pulls temper tantrums" but I saw very few times when that description was accurate and I've been watching him since pee wee. Heck he wasn't near as bad as that poster's own coach :) Nasty, cocky, mean, playing on the edge of what is legal, sure...........and because of that I get the hate. As far as the recruiting process goes he played the game and got to the place he wanted to play (he was a life long Longhorn fan). Personally, I thought he made a mistake going to UT, because of the style of play in the SEC I thought A&M was a better fit. Anyway, just had to say my 2 cents on the subject since I've seen a lot more of him than anyone on here.Good deal. Thanks.

Saggy Aggie
04-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Tl;dr

Aesculus gilmus
04-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Texas can either have a nationally-prominent program again or it can go back to having a flabby, clap-happy, back-slapping Mr. Chamber of Commerce-style game show host as coach.

Fundraising is already suffering, I've read, because the game show host is no longer there to call his billionaire buddies every day to update them on "their" players.

As for Santos, I actually kinda like the guy now. I had formed a wrong impression of him because he played against Gilmer twice.

He loves his momma, too. As Mack Brown would say, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

https://twitter.com/Daltonsantos78/status/454290307333365760/photo/1

Saggy Aggie
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
But the coach with no discipline is the one who won a championship and got you to another.... Lol

What has chuck done besides piss off his players?

ogg
04-18-2014, 09:56 AM
What players has coach Strong "pissed" off?

Saggy Aggie
04-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Clearly dalton santos. I'm sure he's not the only one...

ogg
04-18-2014, 10:32 AM
'I feel like we are in lockdown 24/7', , , is a result of the new culture change CS has brought to Texas, something the Horns are not use to. I know what a fan you are of UT so you can take a deep breath and relax cause it's for the better. Also I read that CS isn't sure if Santos will even be a starter this Fall, if true this is also weighing on Santos mind.

VY won the National Championship at Texas. Mack just flew to CA. and watched. Also, the Horns were ill prepared to play Nebraska in '09 and almost lost the Big 12 then had a unprepared backup QB to play Bama. Thanks Mack.

Saggy Aggie
04-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Lol yeah because everyone knew the backup would be playing...

Btw, that backup almost came back and won the NC....

ogg
04-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Yeah well when your entire offense centers around the QB crap can happen when he goes down. Harris should have been the backup that year, but Mack made the decision to burn little Garrett's red shirt and stick him in as number 2, stupid. Very, very little playing time. They almost won cause of Shipley (Garrett's first read), dude was powerfull, could create space and be a easy target.

Be_Advised
04-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Brian Davis of the Austin American Statesman just posted this on Twitter. Don't know if it is related to the Santos post from earlier this week.

One note from Charlie Strong. He told parents if something is wrong, don't contact "Facebook, the reporters or Twitter." Interesting.

movethechain
04-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Brian Davis of the Austin American Statesman just posted this on Twitter. Don't know if it is related to the Santos post from earlier this week.

One note from Charlie Strong. He told parents if something is wrong, don't contact "Facebook, the reporters or Twitter." Interesting.

Is he only recruiting foreign players now? American Citizens STILL have the right to freedom of speech. How else will we get news on the program, Longhorn Network? Yes, I'm sure that will be an unbiased/unfiltered source.

Tejastrue
04-19-2014, 08:50 PM
It appears the comment is taken out of context. Just from this I get that Strong is asking the parents to contact him for any concerns and not make it a national media frenzy before anything has even been conversed. Makes perfect sense if indeed my assumption is correct.

I think that is Danny Davis from the Statesman unless they also have a 'Brian'.

Tejastrue
04-19-2014, 09:20 PM
It appears they do have a Danny and a Brian. My bad...

regaleagle
04-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Last time I checked, head coaches that instill discipline and hard work ethics tend to be successful and well-respected by their players and peers. When a change occurs in a staff like Texas has undergone, there will naturally be some resistance to the changes, some early conjecture, and preformed opinions that are usually offbase from what is reality. All of this will subside as the team gels and the new staff has some time to put its program into place.

hookandladder
04-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Bottom line when you committ to play for any coach , you shut your trap and do whatever your coach tells you to do. That's the biggest problem now days , kids and their parents think they know more then the coach. Even fans think they know more , just let the freaking coach coach and shut your trap. Kids , parents and fans need to take a lesson from the old school coaching days, what a freaking joke it is nowadays.

Saggy Aggie
04-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Well he didn't commit to go to boot camp with chuck. He wanted to play for Mack, so....

gatordaze
04-21-2014, 08:32 AM
This is a classic example of ASSUME makes an Ass of U and Me. I asked Dalton what he meant, he said that his girlfriend would not let him hang with his boys that night. It was simply a message to them in response to an invite. He took it down because it was misconstrued. Dalton loves the new regime. Level 1!

icu812
04-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Wow talk about making assumptions.......IDK if ASSUME makes an Ass of U and Me but social media sure will. Stay far away from social media, if you have a message for your boys better just make a phone call.

bobcat1
04-21-2014, 10:35 AM
This is a classic example of ASSUME makes an Ass of U and Me. I asked Dalton what he meant, he said that his girlfriend would not let him hang with his boys that night. It was simply a message to them in response to an invite. He took it down because it was misconstrued. Dalton loves the new regime. Level 1!

Thanks for clearing that up! I usually get typed words wrong. Good to know. I bet that kid of yours likes it too.

Saggy Aggie
04-21-2014, 02:50 PM
I would've said that too if it meant me looking like a moron in the public eye...

Roughneck93
04-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Good luck to them....

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/texas-lb-takes-to-twitter-to-raise-money-for-sick-mom/

gatordaze
04-22-2014, 01:46 PM
I would've said that too if it meant me looking like a moron in the public eye...

At least you are experienced!

bobcat1
04-22-2014, 04:48 PM

At least you are experienced!

:spitlol:

Saggy Aggie
04-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Lol I work hard for my 3adl reputation