PDA

View Full Version : In Need of Prayers

SHSBulldog00
04-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Please Pray for my mom.

As many of you know my mother has been in bad health for a long time. I have not been on here very much due to her health situation. My mother is a Diabetic, she has a Pacemaker, lost her left leg below the knee, almost lost her eyesight and now is close to losing her kidney's. She is 67.

The new Kidney doctor wants her to start Dialysis ASAP so she WILL be STAYING in the hospital. She has already been there for 3 weeks.

They will begin treatment as soon as they can place a port in her chest. Mom will get the first few Dialysis Treatments at the hospital before she is released. (Could be a week or longer.)
She will have to remain on Dialysis Treatments 3 times a week for the rest of her life.

Bug Truck
04-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Prayers said and sent my mother going through same type of thing She is 86 a former nurse refuses to go on dyalisis it's a tough decision either way

Roughneck93
04-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent.

slingshot
04-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Please Pray for my mom...

You got it.

Saggy Aggie
04-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Prayers for your mom shs

Necked
04-14-2014, 07:02 PM

SHSBulldog00
04-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Thank you

My mom will have a port put in her chest in the morning. Not sure when treatments will begin.

I just received word that my Aunt was in a car wreck today and has a broken her leg in two different places. (My other Aunt passed away about 2 yrs ago from cancer)

We are only given what we can handle but it is really putting a strain on me and my family both emotionally and financially.

bobcat1
04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
I know all too well what you're going through SHS. My Mom is 77 and about the same shape. Still got her legs but is bedridden. We only get one Mom. My prayers go out to you and her. God Bless y'all.

regaleagle
04-15-2014, 01:21 AM
Diabetes is one of those diseases that has so many complications attached and is so difficult to treat and deal with. It can be hereditary, but not necessarily. Many, many Americans are "pre-diabetic" and don't even know it....mainly because of the American diet and today's processed foods so prevalent in our daily diet. Once diabetes has taken hold in your body, it is very difficult to reverse the symptoms. The progression of symptoms this disease causes can be life-threatening and devastating for all those involved. Many patients acquire the disease in older age, as did some in my family history. I currently am enrolled at the PreDiabetes Center in Austin on a regular basis for education, monitoring, and preventive care with visits every five weeks throughout the year. It's kinda like a preventive health care program for those who may be prone to becoming diabetic....but catching it early to help reduce or reverse the onset of the disease thru education, proper diet, exericise, and specific medication. Many people have symptoms that are misdiagnosed as being something else, but are really tied to diabetes, blood sugar levels, poor diet, and lack of proper exercise. And some people are very healthy, but may(like me) have a prediabetes condition that, if left untreated, could result in serious health issues and complications as I continue to age. I feel deeply for what suffering your mother has endured and what your family must accept as real. My heart goes out to your entire family, esp. your mother, and all others that may be battling the effects of this disease.

LH Panther Mom
04-15-2014, 05:33 AM
You and your Mom are in my prayers.

BB BULLS
04-15-2014, 06:00 AM
prayers sent stay strong

44INAROW
04-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Prayers for you and your mom.. I hope her body tolerates the dialysis well and she can have some quality of life...

Phantom Stang
04-15-2014, 04:52 PM
May the Lord bless your mom.

Phil C
04-15-2014, 08:37 PM

Me too.

zebrablue2
04-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Many prayers said and sent! My uncle who is 69 is in the same boat, I just pray for comfort, it is all in the Lords hands. We have to respect that!! Blessings sent!!!

Cam
04-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Lord, I don't always understand your ways. I don't know why my mother has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my mom. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence. Amen

SHSBulldog00
04-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Thank you guys and gals so much.

My mom had her second round of Dialysis today. She feels better. Tuesday they took 3 liters of fluid and today 3.8 liters. She still has some in her legs but she is breathing deeper and her sodium level has increased from 110 to 130.

1st and goal
04-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Thank you guys and gals so much.

My mom had her second round of Dialysis today. She feels better. Tuesday they took 3 liters of fluid and today 3.8 liters. She still has some in her legs but she is breathing deeper and her sodium level has increased from 110 to 130.

Good news, and more prayers coming from Giddings!