PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Stars

Cam
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Yep, I used to watch the Stars all the time back in Dallas...got hooked on it and was fortunate to see them win the Cup in 99. I kinda stopped watching hockey. But last night I flipped the channel over to FOX and caught the last period vs. the Predators....Down 3-0, I was totally impressed with how the Stars never stopped battling until the very last second. Final was a 3-1 Stars loss....but looked to me like they sent a message even in a loss!.....Look out for this young team in the playoffs!...I may just have to start watchin' Stars hockey again!...

....it's all Greendawgs fault!.....

greendawg84
04-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Yep, I used to watch the Stars all the time back in Dallas...got hooked on it and was fortunate to see them win the Cup in 99. I kinda stopped watching hockey. But last night I flipped the channel over to FOX and caught the last period vs. the Predators....Down 3-0, I was totally impressed with how the Stars never stopped battling until the very last second. Final was a 3-1 Stars loss....but looked to me like they sent a message even in a loss!.....Look out for this young team in the playoffs!...I may just have to start watchin' Stars hockey again!...

Hockey !?!?!?!? WTH this here is a Football site son . Bad enough they are talking bout rasslin , no you come on here talking ice skating ! :dispntd::dispntd::dispntd:

Cam
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Hockey !?!?!?!? WTH this here is a Football site son . Bad enough they are talking bout rasslin , no you come on here talking ice skating ! :dispntd::dispntd::dispntd:

...there you go again confusing the hell outta me!!:vrycnfsd:.....you mean to tell me you don't like rasslin' yet you're a huge NASCAR fan???......What kind of redneck are ya anyways???.......and don't think just cause ya go to the track little ol' Danica is gonna give ya the time of day!...She only likes Mexicans!!....:spitlol:

Tejastrue
04-10-2014, 04:47 PM

Come on back Cam...the Stars are heading in the right direction. Some great up and coming players. As you stated, they fought till the end when they could have easily thrown in the towel. Phoenix Coyotes play tonight with the Stars up by 2 pts over them for the last playoff spot. Hockey is back in Big D. Go Stars!!

Farmersfan
04-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Come on back Cam...the Stars are heading in the right direction. Some great up and coming players. As you stated, they fought till the end when they could have easily thrown in the towel. Phoenix Coyotes play tonight with the Stars up by 2 pts over them for the last playoff spot. Hockey is back in Big D. Go Stars!!

According to Sportscenter this morning: The Stars own the tie breaker over the Coyotes so all they need to do is win 1 of the last 2 games. 1 of those games is against the Coyotes...............

Farmersfan
04-11-2014, 08:34 AM
According to Sportscenter this morning: The Stars own the tie breaker over the Coyotes so all they need to do is win 1 of the last 2 games. 1 of those games is against the Coyotes...............

The Stars are 2-2 against the mighty Blues this season and 2-0 against the Coyotes! Hopefully they can win 1.

caleb_mccaig
04-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I feel bad for anyone who missed the make-up game against Columbus Wednesday night. I've never seen anything more exciting in a game where my team was losing 3-0 for most of it.

Stars are definitely having an up and down year, I've probably watched 60 or so of their games and we definitely are going in the right direction. The Ericsson trade for Seguin was a blockbuster and we have two great players in him and Benn for the next ten or so years. I just hope we don't get stuck in mediocrity because we never had that "tank" season and got a Nate Mackinnon or a Connor McDavid and only are drafting mediocre talent.

Will we make the playoffs? I hope so, but I wouldn't be on it. We've had chances the last few years in the last week of the season to snag a playoff spot and have choked every time. I just don't think Kari is consistent enough in goal and can play in pressure situations.

Tejastrue
04-11-2014, 04:28 PM
One great thing about this transition is that the owner is staying out of it. He's letting the guys he entrusts to make the decisions. I'm going to call it now and say the Stars clinch tonight in Big D.

Tejastrue
04-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Stars up 2-0 after two. One more period to go to clinch a playoff spot!!

Tejastrue
04-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Stars take it 3-0. Stanley Cup playoffs!! :1popcorn::clap:

caleb_mccaig
04-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Stars take it 3-0. Stanley Cup playoffs!! :1popcorn::clap:

Whoooooo that was awesome last night! Really excited that a team from DFW can finally make the post-season ha! Already got my tickets for game three, lets go!

Tejastrue
04-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I am jealous...

Cam
04-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Last nights game was a good ol' ASS WHOOPIN'!!.....young Stars are fun to watch!.....I had ignored them all year!.....forgot how good these guys are as athletes......

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Stars get the playoffs started tonight. I hate pacific coast time. Go Stars!!

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Ducks trumping Dallas tonight. Might be the best thing for the young Stars...I hope so...

Roughneck93
04-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Love this playoff intro....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtAeB7EhGv4&sns=em

Cam
04-17-2014, 11:29 AM
well...at least they put up a fight towards the end!....Down 4-0 and to fight back and make it 4-3 is not bad....they need to take Friday's game!!

Tejastrue
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I hope it was just a 1st game funk. Love how they fought back though...

caleb_mccaig
04-17-2014, 01:56 PM
All I can say is that the Stars played God awful last night. You could really tell that they were a team who hadn't been to the post-season in six years and looked really inexperienced, which they are.

I'm sure they'll pick it up, for all of the fan's sake at least.

The only positive thing is that hopefully Seguin broke Getzlaf's jaw there at the end and he can't play again this series.

Tejastrue
04-18-2014, 10:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NtlFQ0HL7eg

Tejastrue
04-18-2014, 10:27 AM
The next day...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BldkTXpCUAAcE5b.jpg

caleb_mccaig
04-18-2014, 11:13 AM
The next day...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BldkTXpCUAAcE5b.jpg

Gotta credit him with the toughness to play tonight.

Hockey has proven to me time and time again that it's only second to Rugby. Multiple games a week with non-stop hits while they're on skates trying to avoid taking a 100 MPH slapper to jaw.

Tejastrue
04-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Totally agree. Don't forget the never-ending risk of being abused and mangled by a hockey stick or a high flying razor sharp skate, not to mention the occasional fisticuffs. Call me morbid but I love hockey...Go Stars!! Game 2 tonight!!

Tejastrue
04-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Wow...Stars down 2-0. Played well but still came up short. On to Dallas. Hey Belfour...please come out of retirement. lol

Tejastrue
04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Stars take game 3 in solid fashion. :clap:

caleb_mccaig
04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
So I went to the game last night, obviously it was my first playoff hockey game experience and it was the most electric atmosphere I've been in in awhile for a sporting event. I went to the ALDS and the ALCS the year the Rangers first made it to the World Series and I can say that the Stars game last night was much more electrifying. I know Dallas is a bandwagon town but you can tell there's some buzz going on about this team. I think it's a big help that they're up and coming and have the possibility to be a top five team in 2-3 years.

caleb_mccaig
04-22-2014, 09:59 AM
We got our first set of locker room material boys!

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/anaheim-coach-bruce-boudreau-said-stars-crossed-the-line-with-physical-play.html/

In any sport guys will always target someone if they're favoring an injury. I know some of you will say that isn't true, but if a guy has a sore knee in football you try and hit that knee as many times as possible. Even in Tennis if a kid rolled his ankle I always went to that side. I don't know what Getzlaf is expecting. This isn't just another regular season game, this is for the Stanley Cup. If you're too hurt to play a sport where guys fight then don't play.

Tejastrue
04-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Getzlaf was the aggressor more times than not...he and his coach should stop the whining. They had at least 6 power plays with nary a score. Go Stars!!

Tejastrue
04-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Stars even the series at 2-2. :clap: They look more like the #1 team than Anaheim does right now.

caleb_mccaig
04-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Last night was awesome. I think it's garbage that ESPN and the NBC aren't giving this series more love. I've watched at least one game from all of them and this is by the far the most physical series thus far. Very entertaining to watch.

Tejastrue
04-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Game 5 tonight in Anaheim. Go Stars!!

Cam
04-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Game 5 tonight in Anaheim. Go Stars!!

I'll be watching...it's getting pretty nasty between these two teams!.....them hockey players are some crazies!!.....I wonder if you gave one them boys a Beretta 9mm on the ice he might just whip it out and use it!!.....:doh::foul:

Tejastrue
04-25-2014, 04:34 PM
I'd like to think they would draw the line at some point. ;)

Tejastrue
04-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Not pretty. Dallas outplayed tonight. On to game 6 back at home.

Cam
04-27-2014, 10:07 PM
holy crap...4-2 Dallas lead with minutes left and they let the Ducks score 2!!.....heading to overtime!.....

Tejastrue
04-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Son of a Beetle in Italy...Dallas loses in OT...it's all Greendawg's fault.

Cam
04-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Son of a Beetle in Italy...Dallas loses in OT...it's all Greendawg's fault.

:spitlol:....my sentiments exactly!!.....that dang Greendawg!!....

greendawg84
04-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Man I get blamed for a lot of stuff on here , but ice skating ???? Your killing me !

Cam
04-28-2014, 09:15 AM
The Stars are a good young team...with a little tweakin', they could be dangerous for a few years....Lindy Ruff is a great coach...what the heck kind of a name is Lindy anyways??....I gotta admit, I'm not crazy about the goalie (Kari)......what the heck kind of a name is Kari anyways?......

....and the more I think about it....THIS IS all Greendawgs fault!....

caleb_mccaig
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
The Stars are a good young team...with a little tweakin', they could be dangerous for a few years....Lindy Ruff is a great coach...what the heck kind of a name is Lindy anyways??....I gotta admit, I'm not crazy about the goalie (Kari)......what the heck kind of a name is Kari anyways?......

....and the more I think about it....THIS IS all Greendawgs fault!....

Think of it like this, the Stars of 2014 are comparable to the 1996 team. We won our cup in 99'. We're getting there just missing a few pieces.

I wouldn't think Kari will be with the team by the time we're in a Cup window. One of our top prospects Jack Campbell is a goalie and is supposedly the real deal. Just raw currently. Once we get him, Jamie Oleksiak and Radek Faksa up and maybe add one of tow guys in FA I think we will be a team to be reckoned with.

Cam
04-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Man I get blamed for a lot of stuff on here , but ice skating ???? Your killing me !

...ya got it all wrong G-Dawg.....that ain't just ice skatin'.....it's a bunch of ice skatin' bullies!!.....them boys are some serious athletes!....Although my oldest boy didn't play ice hockey when we were living in Dallas, he did play roller hockey which is basically the same thing with the same equipment..just different skates.....and let me tell ya, that's where he learned to hit people!!.......:).....

....and it's still your fault dammit!....

greendawg84
04-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Them are some mean sunny beach , thats for sure . They should just pay them better so they can get their damn teeth fixed .

caleb_mccaig
04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Them are some mean sunny beach , thats for sure . They should just pay them better so they can get their damn teeth fixed .

Contrary to popular belief, most hockey players have all of their teeth when they aren't on the ice. They get replacements that are removable.