04-03-2014, 10:13 AM
This Friday's Games
Needville at Wharton
Sealy at Brookshire Royal
Columbus at Bellville
El Campo, Open

BB BULLS
04-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Bellville 18 Columbus 0, 5 ings. another game Bellville with 0 errors. strap your boots on El Campo your next, hope you put up a better fight than Columbus.

maestro
04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Coach Cerny's making it happen!!!

On a side note

What gives Columbus??

Weebe
04-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Bellville 18 Columbus 0, 5 ings. another game Bellville with 0 errors. strap your boots on El Campo your next, hope you put up a better fight than Columbus.

Tough talk for a team struggling to make the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Tough talk for a team struggling to make the playoffs.
ouch!!

is this the 2nd go round of district?

BB BULLS
04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
ouch!!

is this the 2nd go round of district?

yes, this 2nd round they beat us in Bellville 4-1. three of those runs come off errors. the umps were really bad for both Elcampo and Bellville if Weebe was at the first game he will tell you the same. hope we dont get the same ones. weebe why not talk a little trash this could be the last time we play you guys any sport. just having little fun with it.

Weebe
04-06-2014, 02:02 PM
yes, this 2nd round they beat us in Bellville 4-1. three of those runs come off errors. the umps were really bad for both Elcampo and Bellville if Weebe was at the first game he will tell you the same. hope we dont get the same ones. weebe why not talk a little trash this could be the last time we play you guys any sport. just having little fun with it.

I'm just not into trash talking when the team I follow isn't really good. So far, El Campo is the best team in what I consider to be a very mediocre(at best) district.

El Campo, doesn't have the pitching to go anywhere and if the rest of the teams can't even beat them, then they aren't going anywhere either.

Maybe my trash talking bar is just higher than yours. So carry on, I suppose.

Scoop27
04-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Birds still have a good shot to go undefeated-They are forcing teams to play good defense and they make fielding errors. They are very agressive on the base paths

Weebe
04-06-2014, 05:05 PM
I agree that they have a decent **** to go undefeated.

I just don't think they will go deep into the playoffs with their pitching.

BB BULLS
04-07-2014, 06:17 AM
I'm just not into trash talking when the team I follow isn't really good. So far, El Campo is the best team in what I consider to be a very mediocre(at best) district.

El Campo, doesn't have the pitching to go anywhere and if the rest of the teams can't even beat them, then they aren't going anywhere either.

Maybe my trash talking bar is just higher than yours. So carry on, I suppose.

your probaly right about your trash talking bar cause your standards are way higher than mine. we all know that if you come from El Campo your better than anyone else in Texas.
so with that said, I will not try to have fun with a person like you. sorry to have wasted your time on low life such as myself.

speedbump
04-07-2014, 03:57 PM
your probaly right about your trash talking bar cause your standards are way higher than mine. we all know that if you come from El Campo your better than anyone else in Texas.
so with that said, I will not try to have fun with a person like you. sorry to have wasted your time on low life such as myself.

We are three games ahead of you guys. Maybe you should try the 2-14 Wharton Tigers. You are only two ahead of them.

BrahmaMOMMA
04-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Hmmm well as Bellville did beat El Campo I guess he can talk trash huh. Would you like a ladder to get off your high horse?

Weebe
04-13-2014, 07:06 AM
You realize they split the two games they played and El Campo still leads the district?

BB BULLS
04-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Birds still have a good shot to go undefeated-They are forcing teams to play good defense and they make fielding errors. They are very agressive on the base paths

well there goes that undefeated season

BB BULLS
04-13-2014, 09:13 AM
We are three games ahead of you guys. Maybe you should try the 2-14 Wharton Tigers. You are only two ahead of them.

now only two games behind so I will just talk to you chumps for a while. I know you guy's take it real hard when you lose. it is like I said we keep the errors down we can beat any team out there.

BB BULLS
04-13-2014, 09:19 AM
I agree that they have a decent **** to go undefeated.

I just don't think they will go deep into the playoffs with their pitching.

you right they will not go far in the playoffs. they are just pretenders not contenders. now we have a shot to do a little something in the playoffs. and just think we only have one senior starting so most all these boys will be back next year.

speedbump
04-13-2014, 10:02 AM
you right they will not go far in the playoffs. they are just pretenders not contenders. now we have a shot to do a little something in the playoffs. and just think we only have one senior starting so most all these boys will be back next year.

No - now you have a little better shot to MAKE the playoffs. Nobody from this district will make much noise in the playoffs.

BrahmaMOMMA
04-13-2014, 06:43 PM
You realize they split the two games they played and El Campo still leads the district?

Yes Weebe I get that but all he said was for El Campo to get ready they were next as I see you started with trash talk by saying tough talk for someone struggling to make playoffs, and than proceeded to say you don't talk trash. El Campo lost against Bellville and yes they might lead district but who remembers what happened in the Beginning its how you close the season out.

Clutch643
04-14-2014, 11:02 AM
4 games left in this district, any predictions of the 4 teams that will make the playoffs? Looks like E.C. has Wharton and with Victory will secure a spot.

BB BULLS
04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
4 games left in this district, any predictions of the 4 teams that will make the playoffs? Looks like E.C. has Wharton and with Victory will secure a spot.

El Campo 7-1, remaining games Wharton, Needville, Sealy & Columbus
Needville 6-2, remaining games Columbus, El Campo, Bellville & Royal
Sealy 6-3, remaing games Columbus, El Campo & Bellville
Bellville 5-3, remaing games Royal, Wharton, Needville & Sealy
Columbus 5-4, remaing games, Needville, Sealy & El Campo

due to games left I will say El Campo 1st, Needville, Bellville & Sealy will battle for the other spots. i think Bellville has it pretty easy with games they have left, not saying that anything is easy just going by the first time around. the only team we have left that beat us is Needville. but anything can happen in baseball.

Clutch643
04-14-2014, 01:09 PM
:ditto:
Thanks for the thoughts!

Clutch643
04-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Not what I meant to say..... I wanted to smiley face that said I AGREE........ I apologize for the mess up on my part...

Scoop27
04-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I think Wharton is 1-8 or 1-9
Royal is 0-8 or 0-9

Weebe
04-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Royal and Wharton may very well be the worst two teams in the state. None of the other teams will lose to them.

Scoop27
04-14-2014, 10:27 PM
I'm sure there are some are teams in the state that are weaker as Houston Kipp lost a district game 33-0.

BB BULLS
04-15-2014, 05:55 AM
I think Wharton is 1-8 or 1-9
Royal is 0-8 or 0-9

you have to give to Wharton & Royal coachs & players they are both real young teams. they show alot of heart they will get better over next few years, hang in there guys.

Clutch643
04-15-2014, 08:35 AM
you have to give to Wharton & Royal coachs & players they are both real young teams. they show alot of heart they will get better over next few years, hang in there guys.

I agree with BB Bulls, I saw Wharton play in their tournament and they looked very young. I also know coach Bozeman in Royal and he does a good job trying to get those kids to play more baseball... I know they do not have a little league program so that hurts their development. Not sure on KIPP but I think the 33 loss came to West Columbia who is pretty strong.

BB BULLS
04-15-2014, 09:02 AM
I agree with BB Bulls, I saw Wharton play in their tournament and they looked very young. I also know coach Bozeman in Royal and he does a good job trying to get those kids to play more baseball... I know they do not have a little league program so that hurts their development. Not sure on KIPP but I think the 33 loss came to West Columbia who is pretty strong.

when we played Royal there i was talking to the AD (i think) he was telling me that they are going to try and get a little league started next year. it wont help them now but it will in the future.

Clutch643
04-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Little League is a great starting place if done right and the parents do not go crazy....:cool:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
04-15-2014, 10:16 AM
maybe its just me but i don't see royal being a baseball threat anytime soon, regardless of their young team. Its been a fun season. Hopefully at least one team from the district will do a little something in the playoffs. It will all come down to pitching when the post season comes around. The weak will fall real quick.

BB BULLS
04-15-2014, 11:35 AM
maybe its just me but i don't see royal being a baseball threat anytime soon, regardless of their young team. Its been a fun season. Hopefully at least one team from the district will do a little something in the playoffs. It will all come down to pitching when the post season comes around. The weak will fall real quick.

i am with you on the playoffs, i will be cheering for Bellville until they lose and go with any team from D25 after that. no one thinks D25 has a shot to go very far in the playoffs. Strange things can happen in baseball, a solid all round team can play with anyone.
pitching is key but you also have to hit the ball. defense can help the pitcher out, you cannot give up alot of errors and plan to win no matter how good you are.

maestro
04-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Royal and Wharton may very well be the worst two teams in the state. None of the other teams will lose to them.

Although I hate that these two towns squads cannot be anything but embarrassing....

They are a product of communities that will not invest time in development of young players. High school baseball is not BEGINNING baseball!!!

Glad to read further down that Brookshire is going to try little league. And Wharton???? You need to listen to Coach Allen's wish list and get your programs back on track.

As Coach Bo said at Michigan years ago....a Michigan man will coach Michigan!!!

Meaning...get your programs back to developing Wharton kids and quit being the feeder program for all of Wharton County.

And again parents and kids....baseball is an 8 year old to 18 year old investment.

I look forward to reading the responses.

Weebe
04-16-2014, 06:56 AM
It's not just a baseball program thing, Maestro. For several years, parents have been moving their kids out of WISD schools. El Campo has a good number of really good wharton kids(not all athletes) with good parents.

WISD needs to focus on other issues before it can fix its baseball program, although I have heard that their Little League program has gone to hell as well.

Slyone
04-16-2014, 07:56 AM
It's not just a baseball program thing, Maestro. For several years, parents have been moving their kids out of WISD schools. El Campo has a good number of really good wharton kids(not all athletes) with good parents.

WISD needs to focus on other issues before it can fix its baseball program, although I have heard that their Little League program has gone to hell as well.

Wharton has a lot of little league age kids playing select ball only. My son plays against them all the time.

BB BULLS
04-16-2014, 09:28 AM
well after last nights games here is where we are, just showing playoff contenders

El Campo won 8-1
Needville lost 6-3
Sealy off 6-3
Bellville won 6-3
Columbus won 6-4

looks like it will go down to the wire again this year

maestro
04-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Wharton has a lot of little league age kids playing select ball only. My son plays against them all the time.
SELECT BALL????

Who selected them?? Haha

When ages 11through 18 cannot field a pitcher or anyone that can hit or field ....

Kids are not being taught.

Are those Wharton players your kid plays against enrolled in Wharton schools?

Slyone
04-16-2014, 01:40 PM
SELECT BALL????

Who selected them?? Haha

When ages 11through 18 cannot field a pitcher or anyone that can hit or field ....

Kids are not being taught.

Are those Wharton players your kid plays against enrolled in Wharton schools?

They are kids from Wharton. I am not sure if they go to the Wharton schools. These kids are junior high age. If they stick with baseball they are good players.

XMan
04-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Man, Royal has been terrible ever since they started baseball. Sad thing is that there are a lot of schools within 20 mins of Royal that play really good ball. Baseball is an investment by the players, parents, communities, and schools. I will be bashed for this, but many schools, not just these 2, need to a better job of "subsidizing" baseball at the school level. Hire a coach or better yet, 3, that played above the high school level. Build facilities that are nice. Find a way that the baseball kids can get more practice time other than Feb-Apr. (offseason!) In many places, school ball is just flat out bad, it is not a good product. This is how all the select crap got started. If the schools would provide a better product, the end result would be better for all involved.