PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers 2014

Bullaholic
03-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Opening day today against the Phillies. What can we expect from the Rangers this season? They are really banged up and hurting to start the season.

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Rangers suck

Cam
03-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Rangers suck

:eek:

Macarthur
03-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Going to be a very interesting year. If they can weather the storm for the first month or so of the season, they will have a good shot at the division. I also think they will be big players at the trade deadline if they can, as I said, hang in there early in the season.

You know the old saying - "You can't win the pennant in the April, but you certainly can lose it."

Bleed orange
03-31-2014, 12:48 PM
With all the injuries to begin the season and nimwit for a manager I expect a record close to .500
and a 3rd place finish

SintonFan_inAustin
03-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Here we go again a great bullpen pitcher and Rangers have him out there as a starter, they haven't learn from Feliz and Ogando. He'll be in DL half way through the season. Develop the starters in farm system not from the bullpen.

Bullaholic
03-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Rangers give up a GS and are now leading....

Macarthur
03-31-2014, 02:20 PM
This is going exactly as I expected. :1omg!:

Bleed orange
03-31-2014, 02:36 PM
Heck of a pitchers duel we got going..

D'Highlander
03-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Heck of a pitchers duel we got going..

Just like the good ole days... first one to 10 runs wins...

Bullaholic
03-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Just like the good ole days... first one to 10 runs wins...

Better make that 15...:D

Bleed orange
03-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Better make that 15...:D
Pathetic

Tejastrue
03-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Not beyond the realm of belief that the Stros will make it back to the WS before the Rangers.

Bleed orange
03-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Not beyond the realm of belief that the Stros will make it back to the WS before the Rangers.
Astros are still 3-4 years away from being COMPETETIVE

Tejastrue
03-31-2014, 06:47 PM
With just a couple of tweaks they could easily be a 500 ball club this year. My point being, I don't see the Rangers making it back to the dance anytime soon.

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Lol you are really proving your ignorance

Tejastrue
03-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Please bless us with your wisdom oh great one...

Roughneck93
03-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Cool photo from Opening Day....

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20140331-ns_31flyovera.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/NS_31flyoverA.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20140328-play-ball-live-updates-from-globe-life-on-texas-rangers-opening-day.ece

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2014, 03:30 PM
I was responding to the celina guy

Bleed orange
04-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Please bless us with your wisdom oh great one...

You think Houston is 30 games better than they were last year?? A little overly optimistic you think?? They'll lose 100+ again this year

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2014, 08:00 PM
They had a historically bad bullpen, which they addressed in a big way...

6-0 Astros over the yanks in the bottom of the 6th... Please continue to bless us with your informed opinions

Bleed orange
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
They had a historically bad bullpen, which they addressed in a big way...

6-0 Astros over the yanks in the bottom of the 6th... Please continue to bless us with your informed opinions
Ha.. You're basing it off of 1 game . They'll lose 100+

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
No I'm not basing it off 1 game, I'm basing it off the fact that I know what's going on in the Astros organization and you clearly don't

Tejastrue
04-01-2014, 09:30 PM
You think Houston is 30 games better than they were last year?? A little overly optimistic you think?? They'll lose 100+ again this year

We can reference back at seasons' end but they have the people making the decisions there to get this ship on the right course sooner than later. The starting pitching is better than the 2013 record indicates and (as Saggy mentioned) the bullpen was awful and had almost 30 blown saves. If they just get to the average they'll pick up 10-12 wins right there. One thing that Feldman will give them is innings and some quality starts. He has the stuff to win 14-15 games, it's just been his consistency. Maybe this fresh start will do him some good. I realize 80 games is a stretch this year but all it takes are a few key moves and throw in the confidence factor and crazy things can happen. I will say they will not lose 100 or more game this year. 75 wins is not out of the realm of possibility.

Just my thoughts but let me make this perfectly clear .... I am not a Houston fan.

PS...probably should move this to the Astro thread. lol

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Agreed tejas.

1-0 :)

Bleed orange
04-01-2014, 10:29 PM
We can reference back at seasons' end but they have the people making the decisions there to get this ship on the right course sooner than later. The starting pitching is better than the 2013 record indicates and (as Saggy mentioned) the bullpen was awful and had almost 30 blown saves. If they just get to the average they'll pick up 10-12 wins right there. One thing that Feldman will give them is innings and some quality starts. He has the stuff to win 14-15 games, it's just been his consistency. Maybe this fresh start will do him some good. I realize 80 games is a stretch this year but all it takes are a few key moves and throw in the confidence factor and crazy things can happen. I will say they will not lose 100 or more game this year. 75 wins is not out of the realm of possibility.

Just my thoughts but let me make this perfectly clear .... I am not a Houston fan.

PS...probably should move this to the Astro thread. lol

I know enough to know that the Stros fielded a AAA team at best last year. They have a good farm system but most are 3-4 years away from making any impact. Also if you think Feldman is the savior to their rotation you obviously don't follow baseball. His ONE good year with the Rangers was a fluke.

Tejastrue
04-01-2014, 10:44 PM
I think you are trying to toot your own horn at my expense. Where did you get "savior" from what I said? Feldman can pitch. As I said, consistency is the key. Astros overpaid?? Probably. We shall see.

No more Astros post on this thread for me.

Tejastrue
04-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Nice walk off win by the Rangers tonight.

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Wrong on so many accounts.

Astros didn't have many good players last year, but they had a few. Look up Cosart, oberholtzer, chapman, Castro, Altuve stats among others.

Next, they made a couple good FA signings, addressing their biggest need: bullpen and outfield and SP... Mostly bullpen.

Next, they had some young guys who've now got a year under their belt, Dominguez, villar, hoes, Grossman.

Next, they've got 3/4 top prospects on the verge of contributing at the ML level: Folty, wojo, springer, singleton, etc.

Nobody said Feldman was a savior, but he's a quality innings eater which is what Houston needed. Nobody is predicting playoffs or anything like that but you're obviously clueless if you think they lose 100+ again.

Anyone who knows anything about Houston baseball will tell you this is the year the recent tank job begins to show dividends. But be my guest and keep being clueless. Rangers top years are behind them

regaleagle
04-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Nice for the players to get a win right away at home against the Phillies. That opening day game was a punch in the nose, huh? I guess that got their attention real quick.

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 12:12 AM

Astros didn't have many good players last year, but they had a few. Look up Cosart, oberholtzer, chapman, Castro, Altuve stats among others.

Next, they made a couple good FA signings, addressing their biggest need: bullpen and outfield and SP... Mostly bullpen.

Next, they had some young guys who've now got a year under their belt, Dominguez, villar, hoes, Grossman.

Next, they've got 3/4 top prospects on the verge of contributing at the ML level: Folty, wojo, springer, singleton, etc.

Nobody said Feldman was a savior, but he's a quality innings eater which is what Houston needed. Nobody is predicting playoffs or anything like that but you're obviously clueless if you think they lose 100+ again.

Anyone who knows anything about Houston baseball will tell you this is the year the recent tank job begins to show dividends. But be my guest and keep being clueless. Rangers top years are behind them

They finish last in the division WELL BELOW .500

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Meh, probably toughest division in ML baseball. That's at least a more reasonable approach than 'they'll lose 100+"

I'm predicting 66-70 wins but a few more is not out of the realm of possibility. Definitely won't be the worst team in ML baseball again this year.

They begin their gradual improvement this year

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Meh, probably toughest division in ML baseball. That's at least a more reasonable approach than 'they'll lose 100+"

I'm predicting 66-70 wins but a few more is not out of the realm of possibility. Definitely won't be the worst team in ML baseball again this year.

They begin their gradual improvement this year

Just for giggles I looked around and you won't find one baseball writer/ analyst other than maybe a Houston homer who doesn't think that they lose 100 games for the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR. If they lose 90 it will have been a good year

caleb_mccaig
04-02-2014, 08:59 AM
As someone who wishes the entire city of Houston would burn to the ground.......the Astros will suck again this year. However, they have the best farm system in baseball right now, they'll be a contender again in 3-4 years I think.

The Rangers don't suck, we're just plagued by injuries. Obviously we probably need to figure out what the hell to do with our rotation but once Yu is back I think everyone will calm down. The offense is good enough this year to where we can give up 5-6 a game and still have a chance to win.

If you think Texas' best years are behind them then you're out of your mind. We still have a great farm system (Not the best, but not bad) and we have emerging stars in Joey Gallo (3b) and Jorge Alfaro (C). We'll make some moves at some point with the rotation in the future so there is no need to fret there. This team has a huge t.v. contract and unlike in the early 2000's has big money to blow for a good while in the foreseeable future.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Just for giggles I looked around and you won't find one baseball writer/ analyst other than maybe a Houston homer who doesn't think that they lose 100 games for the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR. If they lose 90 it will have been a good year

Vegas, and several people paid to do statistical analysis disagree....

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-imperfect-pursuit-of-a-perfect-baseball-forecast/

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Saggy Aggie;1808759]Vegas, and several people paid to do statistical analysis disagree....

[url]http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-imperfect-pursuit-of-a-perfect-baseball-forecast/[/

I guess you win . They forecasted 97 losses not 100.

panther89
04-02-2014, 11:12 AM
I do not agree with you that the Rangers' best years are behind them. Injuries are killing them right now. The offense will be good, just have to get rotation figured out.

I do agree with you that the Astros will be better. They will not lose 100 games this year. I believe they will be a lot better than last year. They still may finish dead last in the division, but they won't be the worst team in baseball. Just my humble opinion.

coach
04-02-2014, 12:47 PM
You are an idiot. The west is not the best division in baseball lol. Seattle and Houston are horrible.

And the bullpen is not the only problem with this team. Their offense stinks. The rangers would have 6 guys with 30 or more home runs if they played in that crappy ball park. The only time Houston will be govering around .500 is the first week of the season.

Guys I wouldnt take Saggy too serious he thinks Luis Scola is better than Dirk.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 01:26 PM
On the high end....

They said 65-70 wins, which is 97-92 losses.

All I'm trying to say is, if you're gonna be an uninformed tool, then at least have your facts right

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
You are an idiot. The west is not the best division in baseball lol. Seattle and Houston are horrible.

And the bullpen is not the only problem with this team. Their offense stinks. The rangers would have 6 guys with 30 or more home runs if they played in that crappy ball park. The only time Houston will be govering around .500 is the first week of the season.

Guys I wouldnt take Saggy too serious he thinks Luis Scola is better than Dirk.

You already had 3 playoff caliber teams in the division, and then every team in the division improved this offseason. If it's not the best division in baseball, it's pretty close.

caleb_mccaig
04-02-2014, 01:31 PM
On the high end....

All I'm trying to say is, if you're gonna be an uninformed tool, then at least have your facts right

I'll give you credit for trying Saggy, however, I'm not sure how an uninformed tool would ever have any facts straight regardless of subject.

I'm just glad you fight for your team. I know so many people who I watched jump on the bandwagon back in 2011 and now they don't pay attention at all and just complain about the front office. I've stuck with the Rangers since I saw my first game at Arlington Stadium and would be doing the same if they were in the Astros' boat.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I'll give you credit for trying Saggy, however, I'm not sure how an uninformed tool would ever have any facts straight regardless of subject.

I'm just glad you fight for your team. I know so many people who I watched jump on the bandwagon back in 2011 and now they don't pay attention at all and just complain about the front office. I've stuck with the Rangers since I saw my first game at Arlington Stadium and would be doing the same if they were in the Astros' boat.
I just don't like that Nolan Ryan is now involved with the Astros, he's like a good luck charm and imo looks like he's given some life to the Astros team just being with them.

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 01:59 PM
On the high end....

The facts are pretty straight forward... The Astros suck and will for several more years. Twist it how you want but the article you posted just confirmed the same . If you want to claim a victory because of 97 losses not 100 then okay.

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Give him a break guys .. He's an aggie . Maybe losing 95+ means you're competitive .. You know kinda like finishing in middle of the pack in your conference is considered a SUCCESSFUL year.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Lol I see you keep quoting 97 but refuse to acknowledge that's their worst case scenario... Typical.

Idk why I waste my time arguing with people who have no idea what they're talking about

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
I love how the bandwagon ranger fans love to talk trash to the true Astros fans because the team is down the last couple years. Never ceases to amaze me.

Oh wait... Lemme guess, you are a Red Sox fan?

A cardinals fan the year before that?

A giants fan the year before that?

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 04:29 PM

None of my teams have been any good lately but I'm always here defending them.

This is the first year the rockets have been decent in a while. But like coach said, way back when I tried to argue that Scola was better than Dirkoff... Mainly cuz I hate Dallas. But the point remains...

Texans.. 2 wins but I'd never think about missing a game.

Astros... I go to and watch as many as possible. Going more often these days because of cheaper tix and I'm now a working individual.

Aggies.... We've sucked forever. I went to A&M before it was cool to be an Aggie. Only recently have we had any "success" but I was there throughout.

West columbia... We go through major phases of being pretty dang good and sucking huge ones but I'm always there.

I get a bit irrational when it comes to defending (and criticizing) my teams, but it is what it is.

Nothing better than talking trash to Cowpie, maverick and rump ranger fans... Oh and stronghorn fans...

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Lol I see you keep quoting 97 but refuse to acknowledge that's their worst case scenario... Typical.

Idk why I waste my time arguing with people who have no idea what they're talking about

Are you retarded?? Even your Vegas handicapper said he expects them to WIN 65-70 games . He's handicapping them at 63.5 WINS That's 92-97 LOSSES. Using your aggie math they might not lose 100

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 05:30 PM

In other words to get to even 70 wins they'll have to be 17 games better than last year .. Highly unlikely.

And just so you know Ive forgotten more about baseball than you know . Have a nice day

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Are you retarded?? Even your Vegas handicapper said he expects them to WIN 65-70 games . He's handicapping them at 63.5 WINS That's 92-97 LOSSES. Using your aggie math they might not lose 100

Everything you just said is exactly what I said....

Where is my math flawed? I said 92-97 losses several posts back.... You kept quoting 97 losses which is the worst case of his spectrum to try and prove your point that they'd lose 100+. I'm just saying you conveniently neglected to point out the 92.

Also, the 63.5 is for betting reasons, not his prediction....

And maybe that's your problem, you forgot everything you knew about baseball...

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 05:57 PM
In other words to get to even 70 wins they'll have to be 17 games better than last year .. Highly unlikely.

And just so you know Ive forgotten more about baseball than you know . Have a nice day

Unlikely according to who? You?

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Unlikely according to who? You?
Their roster

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
But you know jack sh*t about their roster... Lol clearly

Bleed orange
04-02-2014, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Saggy Aggie;1808822]But you know jack sh*t about their roster... Lol clearly[/QUOT

I know enough to know that they suck just like everything else in Houston...

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Haha 2-0 Stros so far through 4. How are the rangers doing? :)

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Nice comeback win for the rump rangers

caleb_mccaig
04-03-2014, 09:07 AM
None of my teams have been any good lately but I'm always here defending them.

This is the first year the rockets have been decent in a while. But like coach said, way back when I tried to argue that Scola was better than Dirkoff... Mainly cuz I hate Dallas. But the point remains...

Texans.. 2 wins but I'd never think about missing a game.

Astros... I go to and watch as many as possible. Going more often these days because of cheaper tix and I'm now a working individual.

Aggies.... We've sucked forever. I went to A&M before it was cool to be an Aggie. Only recently have we had any "success" but I was there throughout.

West columbia... We go through major phases of being pretty dang good and sucking huge ones but I'm always there.

I get a bit irrational when it comes to defending (and criticizing) my teams, but it is what it is.

Nothing better than talking trash to Cowpie, maverick and rump ranger fans... Oh and stronghorn fans...

Don't worry, I'm definitely the same way.

I think arguing irrationally is a trait that us "me generation" people are pretty good at.

Macarthur
04-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Haha 2-0 Stros so far through 4. How are the rangers doing? :)

Good grief, this is going to be a long baseball season. :dispntd:

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Haha it's always like this. Have you not been around during baseball season before?

Cam
04-03-2014, 11:36 AM
:1popcorn:......baseball tonight!...my 8th grader that is!!....The lefty is still waiting to make his pitching debut....If it's tonight, poor Llano!.....them Yellowjackets better get ready to duck!!....Until he gets his control under control, I'll be calling him "Wild Thing"!!.......He's making good progress though...he'll get there...

Tejastrue
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Haha it's always like this. Have you not been around during baseball season before?

I have to chuckle though that the so called 2 worst teams are a combined 5-0.

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2014, 02:14 PM
While the angels are 0-3 right?

Tejastrue
04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the writers are already ripping the Angels a new one...

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Pull out the brooms :)

SintonFan_inAustin
04-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Pull out the brooms :)
Bandwagon fans have jump off after tonight loss for the Astros

http://adiaphthoria.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/sin-wagon.jpg

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Lol I highly doubt we picked up any bandwagoners with 2 wins. Guess I'll have to settle for 161-1 this year :(

Tejastrue
04-04-2014, 09:11 PM
ugly game tonight..

Saggy Aggie
04-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Don't know it you're referring to Stros or not, but yeah it was ugly. Harrell sucks. He had an ERA> 5 last year. I never expect to win when he pitches. Need to replace him with one of the young guys.

Saggy Aggie
04-05-2014, 07:45 PM
This guy isn't much better. He should maybe be the Astros' #5 pitcher, though I think we have more capable pitchers in the minors right now.

Astros have 2 extremely weak starting pitching spots in their rotation, and a couple weak hitters in the lineup. I think we'll see a significantly improved bullpen this year and these weak spots filled with news young guys as the season progresses. Still think 70 wins is about right.

Saggy Aggie
04-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Looks like it's gonna be 159-3 :(

Tejastrue
04-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Why is this not on the Astros thread??? I get it. You are the only Houston fan willing to post about it. I applaud thee...

Saggy Aggie
04-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Because no one cares about the rangers? Evidenced by the fact that no one is posting about them.... And I enjoy filling your thread with Astros talk.

Lion70
04-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Because no one cares about the rangers? Evidenced by the fact that no one is posting about them.... And I enjoy filling your thread with Astros talk.

probably should talk when they aren't losing 100 games.

Saggy Aggie
04-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Lol that's what I'd do if I was bandwagon fan

Macarthur
04-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Why is this not on the Astros thread???

Agree.

Saggy Aggie
04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Maybe if someone actually posted about the rangers...

I guess now that they're only 3-3 all the "fans" have disappeared

Tejastrue
04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
I usually post something but I'm a bit disappointed with the organization of late. This does not make me a part time or bandwagon fan. With that said I find it surprising no one has mentioned the Darvish milestone of fastest to 500 strikeouts in MLB history. I guess it's a bit early in the season for any real excitement.

Tejastrue
04-07-2014, 09:35 PM
I think I can safely say without too much repercussion that the Rangers' defense sucks in the early going...

Saggy Aggie
04-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Rangers and Stros both looked bad yesterday

coach
04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
I think I can safely say without too much repercussion that the Rangers' defense sucks in the early going...

If we can stay afloat until the all star break we will be alright. Pro's injury is killing us right now both offensively and defensively. We need soto's presence behind home plate. We are about to get colby lewis and matt harrison back and we should have Holland back by mid june. Now if we could figure something out wqith Moreland bc he sucks. Prince looks like hes pressing a little bit. I absolutely love what Choo and Elvis are doing at the top of the order.

caleb_mccaig
04-08-2014, 11:18 AM
If we can stay afloat until the all star break we will be alright. Pro's injury is killing us right now both offensively and defensively. We need soto's presence behind home plate. We are about to get colby lewis and matt harrison back and we should have Holland back by mid june. Now if we could figure something out wqith Moreland bc he sucks. Prince looks like hes pressing a little bit. I absolutely love what Choo and Elvis are doing at the top of the order.

Well said, it's the first week of the year and there is no cause for concern yet. Unless, your expectations are ridiculous and you're expected this team to win 90+ games with the piss poor rotation and bullpen they have. I think this team will win 85 games, tops. The offense is struggling a bit, Prince will pick it up, but they can't score 7-8 runs, three out of five games in the rotation to just compete, it would be ridiculous to assume that.

Only way they have any shot of doing well this year is if they somehow add a top pitcher.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-08-2014, 01:35 PM
As long as no other team gets hot, the Rangers will be ok til they get healthy and look for them to be the top team in the west after the all star break. Need Ross and Schellper sp? back in the late inning bullpen. When is Feliz coming back and he's bullpen also right?

coach
04-08-2014, 02:12 PM
As long as no other team gets hot, the Rangers will be ok til they get healthy and look for them to be the top team in the west after the all star break. Need Ross and Schellper sp? back in the late inning bullpen. When is Feliz coming back and he's bullpen also right?

Feliz proba aint coming back. And Scheppers will prob be our 5th starter.

Tejastrue
04-08-2014, 11:21 PM

Just going to throw this out there for debate. Profar batted .234 last season. It's just not logical to say we miss his bat. To be honest...he has not had enough games under his belt to judge fielding or hitting. Moreland is another Chris Davis in the making...Rangers just need to trade him for that to happen.

caleb_mccaig
04-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Just going to throw this out there for debate. Profar batted .234 last season. It's just not logical to say we miss his bat. To be honest...he has not had enough games under his belt to judge fielding or hitting. Moreland is another Chris Davis in the making...Rangers just need to trade him for that to happen.

Agreed. Profar had zero consistency last year in what position he played in and also played in the outfield for the first time in his life a few times. If you know or play baseball then you know that routine has a lot to do with consistency and superstition. I think he could be .280+ hitter if he can get back and be a steady starter at 2nd.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-09-2014, 05:04 PM
YES!! HR Moreland!

Tejastrue
04-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Cotts...ouch! :(

caleb_mccaig
04-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Well, finally the guy I've been calling for Texas to bring up has been raking. 20-year-old Joey Gallo "6'5 205" has hit five home runs in the last five days for the A-advanced Myrtle Beach Pelicans. He played with Harper and absolutely smashes. I've always kind of bragged about him because he can hit the ball 450 ft any day of the week, but in the past he's had a high strike out rate and seemed to be a Chris Davis or Mark Reynolds type player.

It looks like he's really improved though, through 11 games this year he has five home runs and has a line of .368/.471/1.000, and in the last four games is 7-13 with 4 hr's and 5 walks. He plays third and has seemed to be the heir to Beltre whenever he retires, however, with an offense like the one we've seen thus far and injuries seeming to occur every day, is there any possibility they call they kid up if he keeps performing?

Probably not,k unfortunately lol. His ETA is 2016, but if there isn't any production from Mitch I don't see why not let him just swing the bat a few times.

Here's a homer reel for ya, it's from a scout's perspective, so it's hard to follow the ball, but you can really see how he's like a similar Joey Bats from the left side in the way he uses his hands and stance. He also has one of the loudest swings I've heard.

Saggy Aggie
04-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I highly doubt a guy in A ball will crack the major league roster this year...

regaleagle
04-15-2014, 12:43 AM
Looks like the runs output will be a bit shaky this season.....so the take at the concessions and souvenier shop may take big hits for the organization this season, lol.

caleb_mccaig
04-15-2014, 08:58 AM
I highly doubt a guy in A ball will crack the major league roster this year...

I can dream right haha? Someone you can maybe compare him to is Stanton though, he was in high-A and then was promoted to AA in the middle of the year and was then invited to spring training the following season. If Gallo can keep it up he might get a call to try an DH next year, well ahead of his ETA of 2016.

Tejastrue
04-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Moreland is not the main problem. I would be more concerned with Fielder right now. What is it about the Rangers and 1st basemen? lol

coach
04-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Moreland is not the main problem. I would be more concerned with Fielder right now. What is it about the Rangers and 1st basemen? lol

Im not worried about Prince bc he has hit 40+ homeruns. All he is doing is pressing. He is overagressive and he is lunging at every pitch. He will work it all out.

Tejastrue
04-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Just for fun

So far...the trade off

Kinsler

.302 8 runs 13 hits 3 2B 1 HR 4 RBI 2 BB 4 k 2 SB Salary 16M

Fielder

.176 4 runs 9 hits 3-2B 0 HR 3-RBI 6 BB 7 k Salary 24M

coach
04-15-2014, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=Tejastrue;1809662]Just for fun

So far...the trade off

Kinsler

Fielder

.176 4 runs 9 hits 3-2B 0 HR 3-RBI 6 BB 7 k Salary 24M[/QUOTE

Here is the thing about the trade. Compare Ian to Choo. I know we didnt trade for him but he is taking his spot in the line-up. Look at Prince Fielder as a cheap FA pickup bc Detroit ate some of his salary. Choo is much better for our leadoff spot and it feels a hole in our outfield and allows us to bring up Pro. Unfourtantely we have the injury bug. Fielder isnt getting the pitches to hit dues to Beltre being hurt. We will be fine. We just need to tread water until the all star break. People will compare the trade with Kinsler, but TRUST me we got the better deal. Just remember

Matt Harrison
Derek Holland
Adrian Beltre
Jurickson Profar
Geovani Soto

ARE ALL HURT

caleb_mccaig
04-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Just for fun

So far...the trade off

Kinsler

Fielder

.176 4 runs 9 hits 3-2B 0 HR 3-RBI 6 BB 7 k Salary 24M

I have to argue the fact that Kinsler was holding the team back by refusing to change positions to allow Profar to play, therefore stunting the growth of the team.

Fielder was an actual need at 1B and allows the team to continue to grow.

He'll figure it out. If anything Fielder has played 809 games over the past five years, that's 114 more than Kinsler has in the same span. He hasn't been on the DL and has only missed one game.

Tejastrue
04-15-2014, 04:11 PM
You don't take a proven veteran player like Kinsler, still in the prime of his career and ask him to move out of a natural position simply to let an unproven 'prodigy' get some playing time. That's telling the player his days are numbered with the team. I also think some have the wrong perspective of him as a player too.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140415/SPORTS02/304150040/detroit-tigers-ian-kinsler

I'm sure Fielder will be fine but it is obvious he needs a Beltre or Cabrera around him to be more than average. In other words I don't think he can carry a team on his shoulders like those two which is why I posted salaries, no matter who is paying it.

caleb_mccaig
04-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Moving Michael Young twice in the prime of his career for Elvis Andrus and Kinsler worked out pretty well.......At least he thought about the team first.

Yeah I certainly agree that Fielder needs to be protected, just like an other great hitter. Were like a tenth into the season. I'm not going to start worrying yet.

Tejastrue
04-15-2014, 04:44 PM
He did not exactly enjoy being moved and made it known but conceded. Guys like Young are an exception and harder to find in today's pro world. Let's be honest, he never had great range at SS. He was another that people unfairly criticized in spite of all he did as a player for Texas. There was nothing wrong with Kinsler's play at 2nd when they wanted to move him.

Saggy Aggie
04-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Rangers suck

caleb_mccaig
04-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Well, there goes Prince haha. Back to back babyyyy

Tejastrue
04-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Kouzmanoff taking advantage of the opportunity. Gotta love it.

coach
04-16-2014, 07:09 AM
He did not exactly enjoy being moved and made it known but conceded. Guys like Young are an exception and harder to find in today's pro world. Let's be honest, he never had great range at SS. He was another that people unfairly criticized in spite of all he did as a player for Texas. There was nothing wrong with Kinsler's play at 2nd when they wanted to move him.

AROD did it. I know you are gonna say he cheated and all that nonsense. Well, Cal Ripken Jr. did it as well. Hell even Pudge played some 1st and seconfd base at the end of his career with Detroit. Ian was selfiish and you can see it in his goofy ass article that came out a few months ago. You dont say Prince can carry a team withought someone hitting in front of him? Dude we are 14 games into the season lol.And you actually think Ian Kinsler can carry a team? Come on now, be smarter than that.

caleb_mccaig
04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
We may end up having a pretty good rotation after last night's game. Ross has been pretty stellar, in the start before last he did walk 6, but he only gave up two hits and I think one run against Boston. Last night he looked pretty phenomenal in putting the ball where he wants to and in good places where the opponent can hit them, but not for base hits. If he can keep it up he might be a solid no.3 to add to Yu and Perez and when Holland gets back, if he doesn't miss a beat, could be a great addition to an already good rotation.

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Go back and think about this. Arod, the prima donna changed positions when the Yankees needed a 3rd baseman...not until then. He wanted no part of it. Texas wanted to unload one of the biggest debacle signings of MLB history and when the Yankees came a calling, they were more than happy to oblige. This was only after he agreed to play the position. Ripken had been the Orioles SS for what..15 years? He was 36 when the move was finally made. That was at a time when the manager told a player he was being moved, Ripken or not. Pudge..really? As I stated..."prime of career." There is not a star player out there that welcomes this sort of change with open arms. Not all are going to handle it in the same way. Never said anything about Kinsler carrying a team. He has Cabrera for that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1031234/index.htm

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1996-07-16/news/1996198133_1_manny-alexander-cal-ripken-ripken-orioles

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 09:59 AM
We may end up having a pretty good rotation after last night's game. Ross has been pretty stellar, in the start before last he did walk 6, but he only gave up two hits and I think one run against Boston. Last night he looked pretty phenomenal in putting the ball where he wants to and in good places where the opponent can hit them, but not for base hits. If he can keep it up he might be a solid no.3 to add to Yu and Perez and when Holland gets back, if he doesn't miss a beat, could be a great addition to an already good rotation.

I think they need Ross back in the BP. It works for now but not in the long run. It does show his versatility. Something that gives a manager options. Lewis pitched very well the other night and when Holland and/or Harrison return they should have a very solid rotation.

caleb_mccaig
04-16-2014, 10:42 AM
I think they need Ross back in the BP. It works for now but not in the long run. It does show his versatility. Something that gives a manager options. Lewis pitched very well the other night and when Holland and/or Harrison return they should have a very solid rotation.

If Ross can keep it up I think you have to keep him in the rotation. We can afford to send Scheppers back. But Colby had a good first four innings and then became really wild in the fifth. It was his first start and I was thinking he wouldn't even last that long. If he can pull it together for a whole six innings every start and Harrison can as well then when we get Holland back I could definitely see us moving him back, but they won't do that until he has a bad outing. He was a starting pitcher his entire life until two years ago when he came up to the bigs, and unless he gives them a reason to move him back, they wont.

Our other bullpen options if/when Scheppers is moved back include Soria, Ogando, Noesi, Cotts and Scheppers. That won't be a bad bullpen at all.

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 11:59 AM
I agree. Leave him in and ride it as long as you can, especially right now. Not sure on Noesi. I think the Rangers got him for clean up innings.

coach
04-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Go back and think about this. Arod, the prima donna changed positions when the Yankees needed a 3rd baseman...not until then. He wanted no part of it. Texas wanted to unload one of the biggest debacle signings of MLB history and when the Yankees came a calling, they were more than happy to oblige. This was only after he agreed to play the position. Ripken had been the Orioles SS for what..15 years? He was 36 when the move was finally made. That was at a time when the manager told a player he was being moved, Ripken or not. Pudge..really? As I stated..."prime of career." There is not a star player out there that welcomes this sort of change with open arms. Not all are going to handle it in the same way. Never said anything about Kinsler carrying a team. He has Cabrera for that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1031234/index.htm

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1996-07-16/news/1996198133_1_manny-alexander-cal-ripken-ripken-orioles

But they still moved positions lol. Kinsler cried about it like he has been all winter long. Just wait until the season is over and lets see who has the last laugh on this trade. And like I said, the real comparrison is Kinsler vs. Choo ad there is no argument there who is the better leadoff hitter.

Saggy Aggie
04-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I'd have traded kinsler for fielder any day of the week. It allowed you to upgrade 1B significantly, sign choo to hit leadoff and open the roadblock for profar who will be a beast in no time, meanwhile Detroit ate some of the contract. I thought it was brilliant by the rangers

coach
04-16-2014, 12:51 PM
I'd have traded kinsler for fielder any day of the week. It allowed you to upgrade 1B significantly, sign choo to hit leadoff and open the roadblock for profar who will be a beast in no time, meanwhile Detroit ate some of the contract. I thought it was brilliant by the rangers

Thats exactly what i said lol. It was likewe traded for Choo and signed Fielder to a real cheap contract.

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 01:37 PM
This is hilarious. Kinsler will no doubt play other positions when he gets to that point. He'll be out of baseball if he balks at that. Never said the trade was a bad one. I just think it's unjustified to bash Kinsler. Detroit thought enough of him to make the trade and are so far very happy with the acquisition. He was never a true leadoff hitter. He's a #2 man and that is how they are using him. Saggy, you'd trade your mother if you'd thought it would help the Astros. Go back to the Houston thread.

coach
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
This is hilarious. Kinsler will no doubt play other positions when he gets to that point. He'll be out of baseball if he balks at that. Never said the trade was a bad one. I just think it's unjustified to bash Kinsler. Detroit thought enough of him to make the trade and are so far very happy with the acquisition. He was never a true leadoff hitter. He's a #2 man and that is how they are using him. Saggy, you'd trade your mother if you'd thought it would help the Astros. Go back to the Houston thread.

I will say that the Rangers messed up in not hitting him in the 2 hole.

Saggy Aggie
04-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Lol I just complimented the rangers. Get the stick outta your ass

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Wow...already on the 2nd half of that beer are you Saggy? Lighten up. You gotta learn to take the sarcasm if you're going to deal it. Really no need for comments of that nature.

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 08:43 PM
King Felix putting on a clinic thus far...

Tejastrue
04-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Crazy comeback win for the Rangers, thanks in part to a journeyman 32yr old.

Tejastrue
04-18-2014, 03:16 PM
At this early stage of the season, it's really all fodder...:evillol:

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2014/4/17/5626474/detroit-tigers-texas-rangers-winning-prince-fielder-for-ian-kinsler-trade

regaleagle
04-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Rangers are putting the whack attack on the White Sox tonite on FSSW. It's 10-0 after 4 1/2.

Tejastrue
04-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Let's not get too excited..:hand:

Tejastrue
04-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Paybacks are hell...that was ugly today.

1st and goal
04-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Paybacks are hell...that was ugly today.

16-2 ouch. I guess it's not as bad as 17-2...oh well.

regaleagle
04-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Rangers are battling in Oakland tonite. Some clutch hits against the A's pitchers have given the Rangers a 4-3 lead going into the bottom of the 8th. Some small ball with Moreland bunting the runner at 2nd over to 3rd, then Murphy's follow up single up the middle after a lead-off double off the fence made for a clutch inning to get the lead. Oakland is a very good-hitting club.

regaleagle
04-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Rangers get the 4-3 win in Oakland in the first game of the series. Darvish gets the W and Soria the S as the Rangers pound out 11 hits against 9 for the A's.

Tejastrue
04-22-2014, 01:34 AM
I'm up much too late but I believe Cotts got the win...nice comeback for the Rangers...heck the Astros beat King Felix too. :clap:

caleb_mccaig
04-22-2014, 08:48 AM
For everyone who has been saying the Rangers are sucking and what not, they have the second best record in the A.L., only behind Oakland and are tied the for the fifth best record in the league. I know it's early but that's with all of the injuries and with this sorry excuse of a rotation (Our rotation has given us five shutouts thus far, most in the majors).

Saggy Aggie
04-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Solid win last night for both the rangers and Stros. Houston touched up King Felix for 6 runs...

caleb_mccaig
04-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Solid win last night for both the rangers and Stros. Houston touched up King Felix for 6 runs...

It seems to me that the division has figured Felix out the last few years.

Tejastrue
04-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Spent his whole career on a bad team. They must really treat him like a King for him to have stayed this long in Seattle. Made the Rangers look meek in his last start.

movethechain
04-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Spent his whole career on a bad team. They must really treat him like a King for him to have stayed this long in Seattle. Made the Rangers look meek in his last start.

I think the cocky thing he does with his hat has brought him bad karma. Even when he pitches a gem like that last game against the Rangers, his team lets him down.

Tejastrue
04-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I've mentioned the hat thing about Felix on here before...you want to talk about bad karma...Fernando Rodney is another and was the pitcher that blew the save and took the loss for Seattle in that very game.

smile....:D

https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/8RlklrUcD_tTawMAx5IIcQ--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTg1OTtjcj0xO2N3PTY2MDtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9MTM4O3E9MTAwO3c9MTA2/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players_l/20130405/6922.1.jpg

D'Highlander
04-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Another late come from behind win last night... Good Stuff

SintonFan_inAustin
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Another late come from behind win last night... Good Stuff
:2thumbsup

thought they blew it on that bad bunt play. I was :flaming:

D'Highlander
04-23-2014, 03:41 PM
They are playing now FYI... up 1-0 - B4

SintonFan_inAustin
04-23-2014, 03:44 PM
They are playing now FYI... up 1-0 - B4
Both pitchers with sub 2 era and unbeaten. Pitching dual as expected so far.

D'Highlander
04-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Both pitchers with sub 2 era and unbeaten. Pitching dual as expected so far.

And the Rangers are playing small ball... up 2-0 T5.

Rangers have the most bunts in the AL

slingshot
04-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Wow. Went to Oakland and put the sweep on the A's... not bad.

Tejastrue
04-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Nice sweep for the Rangers but that is not the same A's team we've been accustomed to seeing the past few years.

Very surprised they allowed their closer Balfour to get away but it is a Billy Beane team.

Macarthur
04-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Nice sweep for the Rangers but that is not the same A's team we've been accustomed to seeing the past few years.

Very surprised they allowed their closer Balfour to get away but it is a Billy Beane team.

Yeah, their pitching is not nearly as strong with the injuries they've had. Their bullpen looks especially weak.

D'Highlander
04-24-2014, 05:42 AM
With all the injuries the Rangers have the best record in the AL... And Beltre and Harrison should be back this weekend.

Tejastrue
04-24-2014, 09:15 AM
It doesn't hurt that the replacements have put up numbers equal to if not better than the people they have replaced....

caleb_mccaig
04-24-2014, 10:15 AM
It doesn't hurt that the replacements have put up numbers equal to if not better than the people they have replaced....

Definitely agree. It will be hard to take Chirino's out of the catcher spot when Soto comes back. I'd anticipate that we maybe release Arencibia.

It helps also that we have two of the top five pitchers in the AL right now. Perez is pitching like a total god on the mound and Yu is pitching solid as well.

It's starting to look like we're getting loose and it may be a pretty fun year.

Tejastrue
04-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Sure thought the Rangers were ripe for another comeback. Crappy way to end the ballgame. Didn't Elvis seem a bit far off the bag at 1st? Oh well.

Macarthur
04-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Sure thought the Rangers were ripe for another comeback. Crappy way to end the ballgame. Didn't Elvis seem a bit far off the bag at 1st? Oh well.

I don't fault Elvis there. That's just a tough break.

Tejastrue
04-26-2014, 11:38 AM
It was a tough break. Great play by Smoak. I'm not really blaming Elvis but if you look at the video it appears he was caught admiring Smoak's play and made no effort to get back.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v32392925/must-c-conclusion-smoaks-snag-saves-mariners

Saggy Aggie
04-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Elvis had 0 chance to get back and he knew it, hence no effort. The simple fact of the matter is that the rangers win if smoak doesn't make that catch. They lose if he does.... Amazing catch and a tough break because beltre tattooed that pitch

Tejastrue
04-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Elvis had 0 chance to get back and he knew it, hence no effort. The simple fact of the matter is that the rangers win if smoak doesn't make that catch. They lose if he does.... Amazing catch and a tough break because beltre tattooed that pitch

lol thanks for that. I did not realize what was at stake and I disagree. Makes no difference now.

Tejastrue
04-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Now this is a tough break...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/kevin-kouzmanoff-has-a-herniated-disk-may-need-surgery/

regaleagle
04-26-2014, 03:27 PM
With all these injuries, it makes you wonder if today's ballplayers are bulking it up too much and not keeping just toned and supple for a long season. Seems like all kinds of muscle and tissue injuries are occurring to baseball players nowadays that wasn't so prevalent in the game 15 yrs. ago.

Tejastrue
04-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Very nice outing for Harrison in his return. What a shame Ogando could not finish it. :dispntd:

Tejastrue
04-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Rangers looking "top notch" against the A's. :vrycnfsd:

coach
05-01-2014, 07:10 AM
That is probably the worst series the Rangers have played in the last 5 years.

Tejastrue
05-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Rangers finally getting a bunch of runs for Darvish today.

On a side note :)...that baritone that sang between the 7th was awesome. Gave me goose bumps.

Tejastrue
05-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Highlight of last night's game for the Rangers. Way to go Mitch! lol

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/rangers-hitter-mitch-moreland-pitched-a-1-2-3-inning-and-was-clocked-at-95-mph/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

hollywood
05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Highlight of last night's game for the Rangers. Way to go Mitch! lol

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/rangers-hitter-mitch-moreland-pitched-a-1-2-3-inning-and-was-clocked-at-95-mph/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

LOL... pretty cool though. What's the Rangers bull pen gotten to these days?

Tejastrue
05-07-2014, 06:10 PM
As a whole...not a very intimidating bunch

J. Frasor (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7310/)
N. Cotts (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7209/)
A. Ogando (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8743/)
A. Poreda (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8391/)
S. Tolleson (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/9206/)
J. Soria (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7964/)

No Neftali Feliz (AAA)
Ross is starter (for now)
Scheppers on the DL

caleb_mccaig
05-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Heard some reports this morning that allegedly Prince Fielder is not listening to a word anyone on the coaching staff is trying to tell him and also that the front office is also really starting to panic and that Wash's job among others has been threatened.

coach
05-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Heard some reports this morning that allegedly Prince Fielder is not listening to a word anyone on the coaching staff is trying to tell him and also that the front office is also really starting to panic and that Wash's job among others has been threatened.

Wash should be the last one to be blammed, but I understand hi posistion brings that upon him.

regaleagle
05-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Well heck, I think being blammed is close to being slammed, jammed, and dammed(damned), haha.

Tejastrue
05-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Darvish flirts with another no hitter tonight against Boston. Big Papi officially ruins it this time with 2 outs in the 9th.

Tejastrue
05-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Nice pitching performance tonight against the Rangers by the Astros' Dallas Keuchel. Harrison looks to be ailing again.

Saggy Aggie
05-14-2014, 07:22 AM
CG shut out. :)

Tejastrue
05-14-2014, 10:54 PM
The tide...well...she's a turning. Astros take 2 of 3 from the Rangers in walk off fashion.

Saggy Aggie
05-15-2014, 07:35 AM
It's not Houston's year by any stretch of the imagination..... But I have been saying for a while that Houston will be much improved.

Tony sipp has been awesome out of the bullpen (finally someone not doing awful, >6 ERA otherwise for the relievers) and how bout Springer.... :)

Wonder if coach has an opinion on the matter? He's been telling me I don't know anything about baseball for months.

coach
05-15-2014, 08:06 AM
It's not Houston's year by any stretch of the imagination..... But I have been saying for a while that Houston will be much improved.

Tony sipp has been awesome out of the bullpen (finally someone not doing awful, >6 ERA otherwise for the relievers) and how bout Springer.... :)

Wonder if coach has an opinion on the matter? He's been telling me I don't know anything about baseball for months.

You win one series and you think Houston has done something lol. Yall still have the worst bullpen in the league and one of the worst offenses in the league. Congrats on the first series win in 6 years! Pop the Champagne

Aguilafanatico
05-15-2014, 08:12 AM
You win one series and you think Houston has done something lol. Yall still have the worst bullpen in the league and one of the worst offenses in the league. Congrats on the first series win in 6 years! Pop the Champagne

Last year at this time, 11-30. This year 14-27 with the second worst record in the league. "Much improved" could be a slight overstatement at this point though if you keep throwing the dart eventually you will hit something.

regaleagle
05-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Just watching the recap of ML Baseball standings in each division of each league last night, there are very few teams actually playing well early in the season this year. There are tons of teams right at .500 ball. The Rangers are one game under .500 as of last night's loss to Houston. Detroit and the A's both seem to be off to good starts. The rest of the AL is lagging behind around .500 ball. There's tons of baseball to be played this season, so let's see what develops.

Tejastrue
05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
This could be the turning point for the franchise. Maybe the albatross has finally been cast aside for the Stros. Confidence can go a long way for a young team...meanwhile the Rangers are in trouble. I know, I know, the injuries and all but how many are impressed with the play at 1st base? How about the team fielding overall? Currently 12th in the AL with 31 errors. This includes Beltre (5), Andrus (7) and Fielder (4) with O errors at 2nd. Throw in (4) for the catchers and this is an infield way below average and expectations. Can't play small ball with this going on so I thought I'd mention the HRs...Rangers are next to last in the AL with 26. The leadoff hitter leads the team with (4). Not good. Pitching is crucial I know but my point is the team could be doing more toward winning than what is being displayed on the field these first 40 plus games or so...and as I'm sure all will agree, if they want to remain in the mix this year, they will absolutely need to get a solid pitcher when the trade deadline comes around.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4911204/injuries-crushing-long-term-pitching-plans?ex_cid=espnapi_public

caleb_mccaig
05-15-2014, 12:08 PM
This could be the turning point for the franchise. Maybe the albatross has finally been cast aside for the Stros. Confidence can go a long way for a young team...meanwhile the Rangers are in trouble. I know, I know, the injuries and all but how many are impressed with the play at 1st base? How about the team fielding overall? Currently 12th in the AL with 31 errors. This includes Beltre (5), Andrus (7) and Fielder (4) with O errors at 2nd. Throw in (4) for the catchers and this is an infield way below average and expectations. Can't play small ball with this going on so I thought I'd mention the HRs...Rangers are next to last in the AL with 26. The leadoff hitter leads the team with (4). Not good. Pitching is crucial I know but my point is the team could be doing more toward winning than what is being displayed on the field these first 40 plus games or so...and as I'm sure all will agree, if they want to remain in the mix this year, they will absolutely need to get a solid pitcher when the trade deadline comes around.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4911204/injuries-crushing-long-term-pitching-plans?ex_cid=espnapi_public

I think we're really starting to see Beltre decline as a fielder. I hate to say it, but the diving stops he use to always make he hasn't at all this year. It's not all his fault though, Elvis has been atrocious in the field, the one guy I will defend is Prince. I think he's been solid at first and his average is up 25 points in the past ten games.

It might be crazy to say it, but we may have to settle with being sellers at the trade deadline. If that were to come up you would think Soria, Rios and Beltre would be the first ones named. Of course, that's a long way away, but I don't think it's out of the question yet.

Tejastrue
05-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Former Ranger Nelson Cruz :eek:...lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/nelson-cruz-gestures-at-justin-verlander-after-being-thrown-behind--later-homers-224952872.html

Tejastrue
05-15-2014, 12:29 PM
I have to disagree on Fielder. He has a few hits of late but most have been seeing eye grounders or bloop singles. No power. His fielding has not been any better than what Moreland has given the Rangers over the past few years. His mobility is below average.

caleb_mccaig
05-15-2014, 12:44 PM
I have to disagree on Fielder. He has a few hits of late but most have been seeing eye grounders or bloop singles. No power. His fielding has not been any better than what Moreland has given the Rangers over the past few years. His mobility is below average.

I'd say he's as good as Moreland is at first, but Prince has only missed five games in the past five years. Moreland and most of the Rangers lineup has had multiple DL stints. Durability is just as important.

Macarthur
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Moreland is a better first basemen than Prince.

caleb_mccaig
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Moreland is a better first basemen than Prince.

I suppose those All-Star appearances prove that eh?

Kidding lol, if only it wasn't a popularity contest. I'd say they are both mediocre. 1st base is the hardest defensive position to play, other than catcher.

Tejastrue
05-15-2014, 01:53 PM
We all know Fielder was not an all star for his defensive prowess.

Tejastrue
05-15-2014, 02:07 PM
I suppose those All-Star appearances prove that eh?

Kidding lol, if only it wasn't a popularity contest. I'd say they are both mediocre. 1st base is the hardest defensive position to play, other than catcher.

If we go by last years' numbers Moreland ranked higher than Fielder in overall AL fielding percentage. (4th) and (6th) respectively. Not bad at all for either player. The problem with Fielder is his range in which he is ranked down at the bottom. Moreland was in the middle of the pack.

caleb_mccaig
05-15-2014, 03:22 PM
If we go by last years' numbers Moreland ranked higher than Fielder in overall AL fielding percentage. (4th) and (6th) respectively. Not bad at all for either player. The problem with Fielder is his range in which he is ranked down at the bottom. Moreland was in the middle of the pack.

How he was ranked 6th in the league in AL fielding percentage is up there with how he's as big as he is and is a vegan.

It's a question we'll all ponder for the rest of our lives.

Saggy Aggie
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
No I didn't think Houston has done anything significant.

But it is a sign of things to come. Yes, bullpen still awful but best 3 relievers on DL has quite a bit to do with that. Starting pitching has been good. Offense good enough to beat the snot of the rangers the other day. Only scratching the surface of what Houston's offense will be when their other half dozen top prospects come up.

Rangers on the decline and Houston on the way up. Still a big gap between the 2 but it's closing a lot this year. Funny how quickly rangers fans forget that they were the doormat of mlb for all of recent memory. Houston will be back soon to remind you :)

Keep thinking that I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to Houston baseball

Saggy Aggie
05-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Last year at this time, 11-30. This year 14-27 with the second worst record in the league. "Much improved" could be a slight overstatement at this point though if you keep throwing the dart eventually you will hit something.

Give the bullpen a chance to get the guys healthy and a few more prospects called up. When the dust settles, you'll see

regaleagle
05-15-2014, 10:06 PM
To be honest, I've lost alot of respect for the Texas Rangers organization these days. Even when they were losing in the old days, I liked the way they went about things. These days not so much. Now that Houston has Nolan and his boyz as part of the organization, I'm anxious for the Stros to rise again out of their slumber. When I was a grade-schooler(before the Rangers were), my Dad took all of us to the Dome.....and for a country boy from a small town in S. Texas it was an eye-opener. It was new, the latest greatest sports arena in the world, and here I was in baseball heaven. I was a devoted Astros fan for many, many years. When the Rangers came along I was in high school, and I remember their first pick of the draft....high schooler lefty David Clyde. They ruined him in about 2 seasons, but he was BIG news at the time. I think that may have been about 1972....correct me if I'm wrong. I graduated high school in 1973 and was invited to 3 pro training camps.....which was a big deal back then. Nowadays they do things differently, and also more scholarships in baseball are available for the players now than back then, but I did receive scholarship offers from Ranger(national champ the year before), Sam Houston, and Blinn. I'll hafta admit I really enjoyed all my years playing baseball....even more than football, golf, and tennis. But now I still play golf, and keep my handicap in single digits. Not bad for a 50-something "young" man.

coach
05-16-2014, 07:20 AM
No I didn't think Houston has done anything significant.

But it is a sign of things to come. Yes, bullpen still awful but best 3 relievers on DL has quite a bit to do with that. Starting pitching has been good. Offense good enough to beat the snot of the rangers the other day. Only scratching the surface of what Houston's offense will be when their other half dozen top prospects come up.

Rangers on the decline and Houston on the way up. Still a big gap between the 2 but it's closing a lot this year. Funny how quickly rangers fans forget that they were the doormat of mlb for all of recent memory. Houston will be back soon to remind you :)

Keep thinking that I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to Houston baseball

beating the snot out of someone is snot winning 2 of 3. its more like winning every series for 5 years. And the Rangers were NEVER the worst team in baseball. They always hoverd around 90 loses. And Houstons offense is still bad. Its funny to hear you compain about injuries when the Rangers have 3 of their 5 starters out and 3 relievers out and their 2nd baseman and catcher out. Congrats you beat up a ranger team with 10+ injuries.

I dont know why you keeping saying you know so much. You havent proven anything. Yall stil have the worst record in the American League....

Saggy Aggie
05-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Just wait coach....

Cam
05-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Went to little ol' Mason, TX last night for my boys little league game vs. Mason. In the field next to our game, there was Lance Berkman coaching his nephew....That was cool!......

Tejastrue
05-17-2014, 01:12 PM
You know, we can talk about all the injuries to the Rangers pitching staff but at some point the offense needs to step it up. If I were to use a word to describe it....pathetic.

Saggy Aggie
05-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Prince done for the year? Profar out for 2-3 months?

Tejastrue
05-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Rangers traded for damaged goods. Apparently he knew it but chose not to disclose, so they say. Could care less about Profar.

Saggy Aggie
05-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Rangers traded for damaged goods. Apparently he knew it but chose not to disclose, so they say. Could care less about Profar.

Profar might not be polished yet but he was the top prospect in all of baseball right? Dudes ceiling is crazy high. I'd think that would be a hit, if not now, at least to his development. I just think the rangers called him up too soon.

And didn't prince have to pass a physical?

Tejastrue
05-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Funny thing is neither Kinsler nor Fielder were required to have physicals.

I know most everyone here is high on Profar but I wasn't impressed last year. You are probably right about bringing him up too soon. I guess they will need for him to wear restraints at bedtime now. Maybe he was dreaming about turning a DP. lol

Macarthur
05-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Daniels said that MRIs of the spine would not be a part of a physical anyway.

As for Profar, the biggest kick in the crotch with him is not being able to see some development this season. The interesting thing is that Odor has a ton of promise too. What if Odor shows some real progress this year? What do you do with that?

With Holland coming back and bullpen getting stronger with Scheppers and Ross going back, this teams pitching is going to be okay. I agree the offense has to wake up. They don't have enough to catch Oakland, but unless someone else just goes crazy, they may have a shot at the wildcard.

Tejastrue
05-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Yes, I read this would not have been part of an exam but my question is ..why not...if I recall this was guaranteed money. Fielder chose not to disclose the issues he supposedly was having last year. I guess he had 23-24 reasons per year not to....I'm thinking the Rangers could sue for breach of contract..but then again, no physical. Something tells me this will change things for future contracts. My opinion, if you invest in player for this tenured of time..well..you best test the goods. Maybe someone has a more in depth explanation but as it stands...Daniels and company have plenty of pie in the face...

regaleagle
05-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Yeah, well Nolan wanted no part of the organization after Daniels decided he was the "Chosen One". I wonder what kind of baseball background the "Chosen One" really has....at least in comparison to a wise sage like Nolan Ryan that's been a part of this game for decades. How many WS and playoff games does one have to lose(with the best personnel on the field) before it becomes apparent a change needs to be made? Well....changes were made, albeit the WRONG ones. That's my opinion anyways, and it's been my opinion for several years now. I haven't hid my feelings on the subject. I reckon things will unravel quickly from here on out....if they haven't already. You just can't put back the pieces that quickly once you've broken up the heart of the team. No chemistry, no direction, tons of injuries, no leadership....all this equates to less hitting and less wins. It's like an ongoing spring training program to determine who's gonna stay with the club this week. And who's playing at what position tonite, haha. It's a joke....but Rangers fans aren't laughing. Pretty soon they won't be showing up at home games, either. And they've always been relatively loyal. But I have a feeling the loyalty is growing into displeasure with the direction the management took with "their" team.

Saggy Aggie
05-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Lol, remember when I said the rangers best years were behind them and coach along with everyone else told me I was an idiot. I'm not saying I told you so.... Yet.... But, I'm liking what I'm hearing out of ranger fans.

regaleagle
05-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Saggie, I was voicing my displeasure with the direction management took 2 years ago when they lost the WS. The unraveling really began after that series. And if you will remember, Nolan was at odds with the club in the off season and really the whole next season. Some mistakes were swept under the carpet and some moves were made that I didn't agree with, and now we are seeing the results of those decisions. Nolan knew this would happen 2 yrs. ago, and tried to oppose the moves. When his input was squashed, he washed his hands of the decisions, distanced himself from involvement, and moved to greener pastures where he could have more impact on baseball operations. I'm not a fair-weather Rangers fan....I've been a loyal diehard since inception thru all the years. But since Daniels took the reins, it just seems like the money is all the front office cares about anymore. They continually gouge the fans, treat most of the players unfairly, and do it with a big grin. And keeping Wash this long was insane, imo. That was a BIG reason Nolan got sideways with Daniels in the first place. It was obvious the team needed a new manager that would instill discipline and respect, but the team wasn't given what it needed and things started to uncork.

Tejastrue
05-24-2014, 12:40 PM
I have some of the same thoughts as you regal. I will say I've defended Wash in the past but my confidence in him grows weary as the seasons pass. The plague of injuries gives reason however that this is not a year where we can fault anyone in particular for the "on the field" debacle. I agree that Ryan's departure has tainted the organization. We may be the only two on this site that believes Daniels is not the "Chosen One." I want them to be successful but from what I have seen the last several years gives me cause to be concerned about where exactly the franchise is headed.

So...do you really believe Ryan wanted Wash out?

Saggy..you remember when I said the Stros would get back to the WS before the Rangers. I'm sticking to that, even though it's killing me inside to say it. :weeping:

Kinsler looked pretty good last night folks. lol

Saggy Aggie
05-24-2014, 12:44 PM
I have some of the same thoughts as you regal. I will say I've defended Wash in the past but my confidence in him grows weary as the seasons pass. The plague of injuries gives reason however that this is not a year where we can fault anyone in particular for the "on the field" debacle. I agree that Ryan's departure has tainted the organization. We may be the only two on this site that believes Daniels is not the "Chosen One." I want them to be successful but from what I have seen the last several years gives me cause to be concerned about where exactly the franchise is headed.

So...do you really believe Ryan wanted Wash out?

Saggy..you remember when I said the Stros would get back to the WS before the Rangers. I'm sticking to that, even though it's killing me inside to say it. :weeping:

Kinsler looked pretty good last night folks. lol

I do remember that

regaleagle
05-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Part of the big onslaught of injuries is the fact that there is a lack of discipline and preparation in the off-season coming into the Spring each year with this club. That should not be happening at this level, but this is the 2nd year in a row for that with the Rangers. They are not doing what Nolan espoused to do in the off-season to be prepared for the upcoming year. Wash is too easy on them, and the hitting instructor is nothing like Jaramillo. They sold him down the river just to save money. That was one of the early BIG mistakes.

Tejastrue
05-24-2014, 06:33 PM
I just think the rash of injuries is an anomaly. Just a freakish thing. Funny you mentioned Jaramillo. I was thinking about him earlier today, wondering where he is now. I believe his last couple of years here were sub-par as far as team batting goes but the Rangers did offer him a one year deal and he turned it down and tested the waters. That did not work out so well either. I don't think the Cubs were the ideal team to sign on with..

Tejastrue
05-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Rangers' offense just may have a pulse..lol

After seeing Odor a few games Andrus may be the next to go...

Kinsler looked good again...;)

Tejastrue
05-28-2014, 04:38 PM
May be a player to keep an eye on...

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4796310

coach
05-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Part of the big onslaught of injuries is the fact that there is a lack of discipline and preparation in the off-season coming into the Spring each year with this club. That should not be happening at this level, but this is the 2nd year in a row for that with the Rangers. They are not doing what Nolan espoused to do in the off-season to be prepared for the upcoming year. Wash is too easy on them, and the hitting instructor is nothing like Jaramillo. They sold him down the river just to save money. That was one of the early BIG mistakes.

I guess Nolan didnt prepare them to not trip over their dogs or how to sleep properley in hotel beds....

SintonFan_inAustin
05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Yeah, well Nolan wanted no part of the organization after Daniels decided he was the "Chosen One". I wonder what kind of baseball background the "Chosen One" really has....at least in comparison to a wise sage like Nolan Ryan that's been a part of this game for decades. How many WS and playoff games does one have to lose(with the best personnel on the field) before it becomes apparent a change needs to be made? Well....changes were made, albeit the WRONG ones. That's my opinion anyways, and it's been my opinion for several years now. But I have a feeling the loyalty is growing into displeasure with the direction the management took with "their" team.:thumbsup:

coach
05-29-2014, 09:18 AM
How many world series apperances and playoff wins did the rangers have before JD got there? He is the one that landed elvis, Yu, Josh, Beltre and many more. He got this team started well before Nolan got there. And you cant losing the world series loss on him lol. It was just a tough break....

SintonFan_inAustin
05-29-2014, 03:46 PM
LOL!! Frozen like a old tv dinner!!!

Tejastrue
05-29-2014, 05:48 PM
It was not until Ryan arrived that the whole attitude/mindset changed in Rangerland.

Tejastrue
06-01-2014, 01:17 AM
:doh:Rangers...

Tejastrue
06-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Choo needs to play within his means. He's not a base stealer/runner and an average LF so he needs to be brilliant at the plate. He has an eye for the walk but geez...the hitting stinks for a while now.

Tejastrue
06-08-2014, 07:28 PM
"The Curse of Nolan Ryan" continues...the latest victims...Moreland and Odor. :doh:

caleb_mccaig
06-09-2014, 10:53 AM
"The Curse of Nolan Ryan" continues...the latest victims...Moreland and Odor. :doh:

It's just getting ridiculous at this point. I've never seen the injury bug hit a team, in any sport, like it has Texas this year. I'd rather just tank at this point and trade Rios and Beltre at the deadline. I know we're only like 1-2 games out of the wildcard but I don't see us being there by the time the deadline comes around.

Saggy Aggie
06-09-2014, 10:58 PM
17 runs..... Ouch....

caleb_mccaig
06-10-2014, 08:54 AM
17 runs..... Ouch....

Only positive thing from last night is that I have Chisenhall on my fantasy team.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-11-2014, 12:10 AM
4 straight loss, haven't even kept up with them lately but did see tonights game and couple of players I had no clue how they ended up with the Rangers lol!! Guessing they're nowhere close to first.

Tejastrue
06-11-2014, 12:24 PM
It's called attrition lol and no about 1st place, they only lead the Astros by 2.5 games if that tells you anything. The way the Stros have been playing they'll be switching places within a week or so...

Saggy Aggie
06-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Well Houston lost yesterday

caleb_mccaig
06-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Well Houston lost yesterday

They should give the silver boot to whichever team has the best record this year overall.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Rangers 3-1 on West coast road swing so far that is supposed to decide their season

SintonFan_inAustin
06-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Rangers 3-1 on West coast road swing so far that is supposed to decide their season still not sure even with a good stretch here they have the players to contend for a wildcard down the stretch. Heard this stat in last night game, Rangers only had 40 hrs before last night game. Beltre and Rios are doing good but going to need a lot more than that to contend offensively.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-17-2014, 09:40 AM

watch them last night when they were up 11-3 and quickly turn to 11-8! Was wondering where those players were. I didn't see Elvis in lineup also, was he hurt or just a day off.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2014, 09:42 AM
It was not until Ryan arrived that the whole attitude/mindset changed in Rangerland.

What exactly did he do? I love Ryan but people act like he was one calling the shots on players and such when he was not..his biggest move? Going to see Cliff Lee to try to get him to resign..He claimed Ranger starters would start going deeper in games with old school techniques and that did not work.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2014, 09:44 AM
watch them last night when they were up 11-3 and quickly turn to 11-8! Was wondering where those players were. I didn't see Elvis in lineup also, was he hurt or just a day off.

Elvis went 2-5 with 2 runs scored and a RBI

SintonFan_inAustin
06-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Elvis went 2-5 with 2 runs scored and a RBI
yea just seeing the boxscore, didn't notice him. I have become a part time Ranger fan it seems for the first time since I've started following them back in 1984 :(

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2014, 10:00 AM
yea just seeing the boxscore, didn't notice him. I have become a part time Ranger fan it seems for the first time since I've started following them back in 1984 :(

I guess because they have become the underdog again..I am enjoying this season a ton because I am not expecting much..last few years I got to the point where I expected so much because how good they were that wins were expected..now I love seeing some of these no names step up and come thru

Tejastrue
06-17-2014, 11:38 AM
What exactly did he do? I love Ryan but people act like he was one calling the shots on players and such when he was not..his biggest move? Going to see Cliff Lee to try to get him to resign..He claimed Ranger starters would start going deeper in games with old school techniques and that did not work.

The question should be ..what has happened to the team since Nolan stepped down? It is crazy to think he had no influence on player movement.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2014, 01:37 PM
The question should be ..what has happened to the team since Nolan stepped down? It is crazy to think he had no influence on player movement.

What happen to the team was a terrible rash of injuries.

Tejastrue
06-17-2014, 03:42 PM
This is so true but... as was mentioned before Fielder was damaged goods. I joke about suing him for failure to disclose because he knew something was just not right before he ever signed that huge guaranteed contract. Someone needs to be held accountable. And at this point in the season, Choo's signing could be considered a disappointment too. Bottom line though is the pitching staff, a scene right out of Mash. lol

caleb_mccaig
06-17-2014, 03:48 PM
This is so true but... as was mentioned before Fielder was damaged goods. I joke about suing him for failure to disclose because he knew something was just not right before he ever signed that huge guaranteed contract. Someone needs to be held accountable. And at this point in the season, Choo's signing could be considered a disappointment too. Bottom line though is the pitching staff, a scene right out of Mash. lol

It's no one's fault. He passed a physical with Detroit before he signed the contract and then he passed another physical with Texas when we made the trade. It's just a freak accident, he isn't at fault at all, if anyone is then it's the team doctors.

Tejastrue
06-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Well, from what I have read, he felt something was wrong last year which may explain his post season disappearance. A simple disclosure/questionnaire form for symptoms, just like you get at a doctor's office may have easily settled things. There was obviously no way he gets that big contract if he decides to share the info that would give them cause for concern. I'm thinking spinal x-rays could become part of future physical exams.

caleb_mccaig
06-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Well, from what I have read, he felt something was wrong last year which may explain his post season disappearance. A simple disclosure/questionnaire form for symptoms, just like you get at a doctor's office may have easily settled things. There was obviously no way he gets that big contract if he decides to share the info that would give them cause for concern. I'm thinking spinal x-rays could become part of future physical exams.

Well, lol if that's the case then there may be something. You would think a physical for a guy costing around $130 million would be pretty thorough, but you never know I guess.

Tejastrue
06-17-2014, 04:39 PM
There were no physicals for either Kinsler or Fielder.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/trying-to-rationally-answer-a-few-faqs-regarding-injury-to-texas-rangers-prince-fielder.html/

Roughneck93
08-16-2014, 07:31 PM
:ack!:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--qRO2LnM0--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/llg04q2thppeytykkwjd.gif

refereedoc
08-17-2014, 01:57 PM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--qRO2LnM0--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/llg04q2thppeytykkwjd.gif

Perfect video to describe the Rangers season!

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 02:22 PM
I think it takes one of these types of seasons to wake up the management (and ownership) of a club. When they feel it in the back wallet from the lack of corporate and fan support at the ballpark, there's just no greater incentive all of a sudden. The Rangers have been "in the chips" for so long, they forgot what it was like to be a cellar dweller. For one thing, this ownership and management has never known that feeling in Rangerland.

Txbroadcaster
08-17-2014, 05:29 PM
I think it takes one of these types of seasons to wake up the management (and ownership) of a club. When they feel it in the back wallet from the lack of corporate and fan support at the ballpark, there's just no greater incentive all of a sudden. The Rangers have been "in the chips" for so long, they forgot what it was like to be a cellar dweller. For one thing, this ownership and management has never known that feeling in Rangerland.

If corporate or fans are jumping ship after one year then move on. It was a sucky year but lets see where the path is

Tejastrue
08-17-2014, 08:00 PM

Like her form...but needs work on that release point. lol

Tejastrue
08-17-2014, 08:03 PM
If corporate or fans are jumping ship after one year then move on. It was a sucky year but lets see where the path is

The snowball had already started rolling before this year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHJ41ktt3Q

regaleagle
08-17-2014, 08:52 PM
The path doesn't appear to be leading the Rangers down the Yellow Brick Road....they stink. It is what it is. The 2-3 regular starters they did keep are doing well....can't say I'm at all impressed with the rest of their newer players. I wouldn't even call this team a work in progress....more like a big blunder. I guess they'll complete the blunder and get rid of Busby and Grieve next, huh?

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2014, 03:01 PM
The path doesn't appear to be leading the Rangers down the Yellow Brick Road....they stink. It is what it is. The 2-3 regular starters they did keep are doing well....can't say I'm at all impressed with the rest of their newer players. I wouldn't even call this team a work in progress....more like a big blunder. I guess they'll complete the blunder and get rid of Busby and Grieve next, huh?

Man I wish they would get rid of those 2..especially Grieve.

You do realize alot of the younger players are not even the ones that are supposed to be the future right? Alot of these guys are patchwork fill ins.

Tejastrue
09-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Tigers clinched their division today. Some Kinsler numbers...avg.272 HR 16 RBI 90 Runs 99. Not too shabby. .989 fielding % at 2nd. The best of his career.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Tigers clinched their division today. Some Kinsler numbers...avg.272 HR 16 RBI 90 Runs 99. Not too shabby. .989 fielding % at 2nd. The best of his career.
nice trade Daniels