PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think the best Qb and running back is?

lildawg08
10-17-2002, 04:35 PM
I was just wondering who everyone thought the best running back and QB is?

cameron crazy
10-17-2002, 06:07 PM
For QB i would have to say Billy Pittman for the Cameron Yoemen, he has quickness, strength, speed..etc... He is a team leader, if you mess up he will get on your ass if its something you shouldnt have done. He is a playmaker on any play; he seems even more lethal on busted plays. I dont know about the running backs, i havnt seen and outstanding performers so far this year.

WreckinCrew
10-17-2002, 07:59 PM
I think Pittman is a very good QB he has some quickness and speed and for RB Tank Smith he may not have that many yards yet but he broke a few times against very good teams and what special about him is that hes only a sophmore !!!!

Adidas410s
10-17-2002, 09:49 PM
I would have to say Michael Carrillo from Sweetwater for RB. I seriously doubt that anybody will recruit him for QB because he doesnt have a great arm, but he is a SERIOUS threat to run and should be looked at as a RB in an option offense. He would present the threat of being able to run a HB pass at any time in the game too!

Greenbull
10-17-2002, 09:51 PM
What kind of speed and size does Carrillo have?

cts76325i
10-17-2002, 11:08 PM
i think ro castleberry's qb chad smith is a good runnig qb but best overall has to be bridgeport's daugherty best running back i am gonna go with either jj jennings or vincent tucker.

DEChildress17
10-17-2002, 11:38 PM
In 3A Phillip Daugherty from Bridgeport is the best QB, but Stephenville's Kevin Kolb. And as Far as best running back.....Kennedale's Rex Harper is FAST, but Everman's tandem of JJ Jennings, Theo Miller, Michael Benton, and Jonathon Harrell is the toughest in Texas because all of those guys have the same ability. There is no drop off in talent from one guy to the next. They can all do the same things and its so hard to stop because you key one guy and a different one gets the ball and they are all a threat to break a long one any and everytime they touch the football.

OldSchoolBulldog
10-18-2002, 12:42 AM
Jasper's Ricky Mitchell has to be high on the list. His has a strong accurate arm, run very well and leads the offense with confidence.

spaniard
10-18-2002, 11:45 AM
i think that mcgee from here in burnet would have similar stats to those of daughtery from bridgeport if his o-line would step up. hes got a great arm and decent speed. and his mentality is that of a true leader, he wants the win for the team, not for himself. which is a rare quality among qbs, especially in high school. and patrick miller is yet to be noticed for his abilities, bc of all the attention centered on shipley, not a bad thing bc shipley is great, but miller is awesome, power, speed and agility are all part of his arsenal.

cajun1
10-18-2002, 12:00 PM
My money is Jake McDougle of Wills Point he has over 1300 yards passing for 14-3A plus he has a few yards of rushing I just don't have that information right now.
This Kid can pick a defense apart when it comes to making a play.

DOGS1
10-18-2002, 01:02 PM
McGEE FROM BURNET IS A GREAT QB. HIS STATS SO FAR ARE:

41-77 (53%)

912 YDS.

9 TDS

2 INT

*22.2 YDS PER COMPLETION

I WILL ADMIT, THOSE NUMBERS ARE NOT THAT IMPRESSIVE UNLESS YOU TAKE A LOOK AT HIS ATTEMPTS ONLY 77). JUST CURIUS, HOW MANY TIMES HAS DAURGHTERY OR SOME OF THESE OTHER QB'S THROWN THE BALL. McGEE ONLY HAS HAD TWO GAMES WITH MORE THAN 12 PASSING ATTEMPTS AND HAD OVER 200 YARDS IN EACH OF THOSE GAMES.

bviking
10-18-2002, 01:21 PM
I would say that Billy Pittman is a great QB and For running back, Brian Gilbert from Caldwell. He is a hard runner and has almost 1000 yds rushing after 6 games.

big daddy russ
10-18-2002, 01:51 PM
out of the guys i've seen, adrian alaniz of sinton and (i know i'm going to get scalped for bringing up 2A... but give me a break, he was a 3A qb last year) brenton stalcup of odem have to be two of the best in the state. they're probably the two best in south texas. alaniz is a dangerous scrambler who has a cannon attached to his shoulder. stalcup reminds me a lot (a whole lot) of tye gunn who played for la grange a couple years back. although he doesn't quite have the tools that gunn did, he's not that far behind. the kid's a great decision-maker, has pinpoint accuracy, great touch and, most importantly, he just wills his team to victory. (it's amazing that odem made it to the playoffs out of district 30 last year with a team that small... stalcup was clutch) not as much of a scrambler as alaniz, who could basically be considered a third running back for the pirates, but he can take off when he needs to. i've never actually seen daughtery, only his stats, so i can't comment on him, but those two are better than any of the others i've seen. as far as running backs i'm going to have to agree with dechildress17 about everman. theo miller had well over 150 yards against sinton at the state championship, and even though his line was great you still have to be a stud to do that. also, at the forney game last year at pennington field the whole backfield impressed me. everman would send miller out of the game and somebody else would step up. miller, jennings and another guy (i don't remember his name) just tore it up. i didn't know that they were all back, but damn, that's a tough backfield. i'm tempted to put benton in for my choice at rb too, but i'll hold off on that one. technically, it's not what he plays.

p.s. does #2 from everman's 2001 team still play? he ran down dabryon blanton from behind and blanton had a good five yards on him. that kid was pretty fast.

big daddy russ
10-18-2002, 01:54 PM
out of the guys i've seen, adrian alaniz of sinton and (i know i'm going to get scalped for bringing up 2A... but give me a break, he was a 3A qb last year) brenton stalcup of odem have to be two of the best in the state. they're probably the two best in south texas. alaniz is a dangerous scrambler who has a cannon attached to his shoulder. stalcup reminds me a lot (a whole lot) of tye gunn who played for la grange a couple years back. although he doesn't quite have the tools that gunn did, he's not that far behind. the kid's a great decision-maker, has pinpoint accuracy, great touch and, most importantly, he just wills his team to victory. (it's amazing that odem made it to the playoffs out of district 30 last year with a team that small... stalcup was clutch) not as much of a scrambler as alaniz, who could basically be considered a third running back for the pirates, but he can take off when he needs to. i've never actually seen daughtery, only his stats, so i can't comment on him, but those two are better than any of the others i've seen. as far as running backs i'm going to have to agree with dechildress17 about everman. theo miller had well over 150 yards against sinton at the state championship, and even though his line was great you still have to be a stud to do that. also, at the forney game last year at pennington field the whole backfield impressed me. everman would send miller out of the game and somebody else would step up. miller, jennings and another guy (i don't remember his name) just tore it up. i didn't know that they were all back, but damn, that's a tough backfield. i'm tempted to put benton in for my choice at rb too, but i'll hold off on that one. technically, it's not what he plays.

p.s. does #2 from everman's 2001 team still play? he ran down dabryon blanton from behind and blanton had a good five yards on him. that kid was pretty fast.

lildawg07
10-19-2002, 12:29 PM
I would day mcgee is one of the best. He can make it happen, and the majority of the time he does.

WeAreCCB
10-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Jamon Edwards of Carthage is a great great running back. Against Rusk he rushed for 303 yards on 21 carries. That is 14 yards a carry. He is krunk.

bulldog65
10-19-2002, 12:50 PM
big daddy russ: p.s. does #2 from everman's 2001 team still play? he ran down dabryon blanton from behind and blanton had a good five yards on him. that kid was pretty fast.

That kid was Tremaine Wright and that play was HUGE! If Blanton scores on a 85 yard break-a-way who knows what would happen. I wish we had him this year but unfortunately he graduated.Dang it!

longhorns25
10-20-2002, 12:11 AM
I agree with you addidas410 Carrillo would make a great RB. Also #2 off of Evermans 2001 team had to have tremendous speed to catch Blanton, but he did have a good angle.