PDA

View Full Version : 4aDII 2014 State Champ prediction.

orange machine
03-30-2014, 09:09 PM
It's early, but I'm ready for football and with 7 on 7 about to start the real deal is just around the corner also.

I think there are a few teams in DII that can win it all this year, but I honestly think Celina has a great chance. I know some people will say go figure your picking Celina blah blah and there are some people who will say I've been way to rough on them. Well actually I think I'm really in the middle between blah blah and to rough.

Like all die hard fans sometimes you get way to emotional or not emotional enough well I'm generally to way to.emotional type. So anyways back to football.

On offense Celina returns
4L Sr. Qb 6-1 200
3L Sr. HB/WR 6-0 185
3L Sr. WR. 6-2 180
1L Jr. RB. 5-9 185
1L Sr. RB 5-9 160
1L Jr. WR. 6-0 175
1L Jr. Lt 6-1 250
1L Sr. C. 6-0 300
1L Soph Rg. 6-4 300
1L Sr. Rt. 6-2 270

Defense should be muched improved and bigger this year, I believe there will be in the neighborhood of 5-6 returning on defense just not sure of their positions yet.

With the returners on offense and another year to grow I think Celina will be a wreaking ball and hard to stop. The defense has a good group coming back and should be hitting on all cylinders by district. Watch out for the Bobcats in 2014!!!!

orange machine
03-30-2014, 10:21 PM
It's early, but I'm ready for football and with 7 on 7 about to start the real deal is just around the corner also.

I think there are a few teams in DII that can win it all this year, but I honestly think Celina has a great chance. I know some people will say go figure your picking Celina blah blah and there are some people who will say I've been way to rough on them. Well actually I think I'm really in the middle between blah blah and to rough.

Like all die hard fans sometimes you get way to emotional or not emotional enough well I'm generally to way to.emotional type. So anyways back to football.

On offense Celina returns
4L Sr. Qb 6-1 200
3L Sr. HB/WR 6-0 185
3L Sr. WR. 6-2 180
1L Jr. RB. 5-9 185
1L Sr. RB 5-9 160
1L Jr. WR. 6-0 175
1L Jr. Lt 6-1 250
1L Sr. C. 6-0 300
1L Soph Rg. 6-4 300
1L Sr. Rt. 6-2 270

Defense should be muched improved and bigger this year, I believe there will be in the neighborhood of 5-6 returning on defense just not sure of their positions yet.

With the returners on offense and another year to grow I think Celina will be a wreaking ball and hard to stop. The defense has a good group coming back and should be hitting on all cylinders by district. Watch out for the Bobcats in 2014!!!!

Also Celina has had 3 move ins that should help the defense a lot. Celina should also have around 30 seniors this year.

Bleed orange
03-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Also Celina has had 3 move ins that should help the defense a lot. Celina should also have around 30 seniors this year.

They have a TON of improvement to do from last year before they gain any respect from anyone, including me. The talent is there but whether or not the kids have the right frame of mind or the coaches can take them there is yet to be seen. Ill be really honest .. IMO this group is soft . However , with the new realignment they were nearly gift wrapped a trip to the state semifinals . If they don't make it atleast that far EVERYONE involved should be ashamed .

WOS87
03-31-2014, 02:57 AM
West Orange-Stark.... almost all starters returning after holding State Champ Carthage to 2 TDs last season which no other team came close to doing. then Gilmer if I had to pick a 2nd.... good luck Celina

buckeyebob
03-31-2014, 07:30 AM
The Buckeyes will be in the running this year...got some important spots to fill but seem to have a bevy of candidates...keeping the focus will be a big challenge.

Aesculus gilmus
03-31-2014, 08:31 AM
The Buckeyes will be in the running this year...got some important spots to fill but seem to have a bevy of candidates...keeping the focus will be a big challenge.

I wonder who'll be the QB. If that position is settled early on and said QB runs the offense in the manner to which we've become accustomed, the sky's the limit.

Losing Desmond Pollard was HUGE, but I'm sure all those guys will rally around his spirit (I expect this year's motto will be based on him) and that's an "intangible" that's worth a lot for the 2014 season.

Celina8
03-31-2014, 11:46 AM
I think Celina will still probably struggle with the offense that they have tried to implement for the past 2 years. Lets be honest the past 2 years have not been sluggish at best. The same team that we see at the first game of the season seems to be the exact same team for the entire season. The only difference is when we play teams that are just not that good. Last years loss to Gainsville I am afraid can be very telling of the actual team we have. Of course going DII and towards the West does help, but we have to be much better than we have been on both sides of the ball for this Bobcat team to have any chance for a deep run.

Bleed orange
03-31-2014, 12:54 PM
I think Celina will still probably struggle with the offense that they have tried to implement for the past 2 years. Lets be honest the past 2 years have not been sluggish at best. The same team that we see at the first game of the season seems to be the exact same team for the entire season. The only difference is when we play teams that are just not that good. Last years loss to Gainsville I am afraid can be very telling of the actual team we have. Of course going DII and towards the West does help, but we have to be much better than we have been on both sides of the ball for this Bobcat team to have any chance for a deep run.

You hit the nail on the head when you said there has been NO improvement during the season. That falls on one group. Celina will have as much size and overall speed as any team in 4a this year. That coupled with the new alignment leaves no reason for anything less than a semifinals appearance . The spotlight should be shining brightly on the coaches this year. If they can't win with the hand they've been dealt this year it's time to move on.

orange machine
03-31-2014, 01:10 PM
You hit the nail on the head when you said there has been NO improvement during the season. That falls on one group. Celina will have as much size and overall speed as any team in 4a this year. That coupled with the new alignment leaves no reason for anything less than a semifinals appearance . The spotlight should be shining brightly on the coaches this year. If they can't win with the hand they've been dealt this year it's time to move on.

They have the talent that's for sure. We will see how far they go.

buckeyebob
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I wonder who'll be the QB. If that position is settled early on and said QB runs the offense in the manner to which we've become accustomed, the sky's the limit.

Losing Desmond Pollard was HUGE, but I'm sure all those guys will rally around his spirit (I expect this year's motto will be based on him) and that's an "intangible" that's worth a lot for the 2014 season.

My understanding is there are 5+ candidates now for QB...7on7 should give us some preview...Dez will still be felt this year & may very well be the tie that binds

regaleagle
04-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Methinks DII will turn out to be a very competitive division in 2014. There should be some real dogfights for the title and a perfect season.

BwdLion73
04-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Orange friends put your helmets on...I'm hearing baseball size hail approaching you from Denton

waterboy
04-04-2014, 09:17 AM
My understanding is there are 5+ candidates now for QB...7on7 should give us some preview...Dez will still be felt this year & may very well be the tie that binds

Don't be surprised if a freshman starts at QB this season. Jeff is really high on this young man. He played on the freshman team last year as an eight-grader. He is big, fast, and has a strong, accurate arm. He will have to beat out a senior front-runner to do it, though. The Buckeyes definitely have the potential to win it all, even with the holes they have to fill. If the Buckeyes limit the mistakes on offense that plagued them last year, and improve defensively, they will have what it takes. I'm ready for the ride, and hope it's a looooonnnng one.

Rabid Cougar
04-04-2014, 10:50 AM
My Pick.. Lorena. No that they don't have to deal with the larger East Texas schools, Watch out.

oldtownag
04-04-2014, 11:08 AM
West Orange-Stark.... almost all starters returning after holding State Champ Carthage to 2 TDs last season which no other team came close to doing. then Gilmer if I had to pick a 2nd.... good luck Celina

I think WOS has a great chance this year. That said Mother Nature had a pretty big hand in WOS-Carthage game.

buckeyebob
04-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Me thinks that WOS will probably be the Regional Champ, but...we will see from there.

Lion70
04-06-2014, 07:32 AM
I thought this was Gilmer to win afterall they fixed the class so they were just 1 person under for playing D2. LOL

cowboyandchrist
04-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Methinks DII will turn out to be a very competitive division in 2014. There should be some real dogfights for the title and a perfect season.

You are right on the money with your comment, this will be one of the best years to watch 4A DII football. WOS and Gilmer should be the favorites, but Tatum, Celina, and many others will be in the hunt. The first 3 games will tell a lot about the Tatum Eagles.
If they beat Gilmer in game three or at least play a close hard fought game. My money will be on them. They are loaded with size, speed and I do mean speed, and for the first time as much depth as anyone in 4A. Should be a fun year.

Eagle1
04-06-2014, 08:46 PM
You are right on the money with your comment, this will be one of the best years to watch 4A DII football. WOS and Gilmer should be the favorites, but Tatum, Celina, and many others will be in the hunt. The first 3 games will tell a lot about the Tatum Eagles.
If they beat Gilmer in game three or at least play a close hard fought game. My money will be on them. They are loaded with size, speed and I do mean speed, and for the first time as much depth as anyone in 4A. Should be a fun year.
Fairfield may have something to say how are they looking? Don't sleep on Lagrange, Gladewater, Vernon, or a sleeper.

Eagle1
04-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Lamarque and cold spring may make a little noise also.

Rabid Cougar
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Fairfield may have something to say how are they looking? .

Both Mexia's and Rusk's JV beat Fairfield last year.

Eagle1
04-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Thought fairfield had some good young kids I know they lost their line and the two good rbs

lostaussie
04-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Fairfield may have something to say how are they looking? Don't sleep on Lagrange, Gladewater, Vernon, or a sleeper.Gladwater......nah

buckeyebob
04-07-2014, 09:11 AM
I thought this was Gilmer to win afterall they fixed the class so they were just 1 person under for playing D2. LOL

It is...WO-S is Reg III, we are II...gotta keep 'em all pumped...gonna miss Hennason

buckeyebob
04-07-2014, 09:15 AM

Tatum will be in Week 14...by then, they will be looking for blood from the Bux to avenge the spanking on Week 5 in their own house.

buckeyebob
04-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Fairfield may have something to say how are they looking? Don't sleep on Lagrange, Gladewater, Vernon, or a sleeper.

The Buckeyes have not overlooked any team since 2006's Liberty Eyleau @ Longview...I don't think we have ever played Fairfield...Round 3 @ the earliest

Well, we may overlook Tatum...after all...

buckeyebob
04-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Gladwater......nah

Poor Gladewater...they just don't get any respect...doesn't look like we will see 'em again until 2016 at the earliest

waterboy
04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Poor Gladewater...they just don't get any respect...doesn't look like we will see 'em again until 2016 at the earliest

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Gladewater has the players to make it a few rounds deep. It's the losing of Coach Baugh that keeps me from saying they will. I actually think they'll be better with new offensive system the new coach will be bringing in. Defense is where I think the biggest question mark is. They couldn't slow the good offensive teams down very much last year.

lostaussie
04-07-2014, 04:32 PM
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Gladewater has the players to make it a few rounds deep. It's the losing of Coach Baugh that keeps me from saying they will. I actually think they'll be better with new offensive system the new coach will be bringing in. Defense is where I think the biggest question mark is. They couldn't slow the good offensive teams down very much last year.They had the easiest road to round 4 in the history of Texas High School Football.....................and then they faced a real team and got embarrassed. They will not be a player in any championship talks................can you tell i don't like them:D

buckeyebob
04-08-2014, 07:36 AM
They had the easiest road to round 4 in the history of Texas High School Football.....................and then they faced a real team and got embarrassed. They will not be a player in any championship talks................can you tell i don't like them:D

Nope

waterboy
04-08-2014, 08:48 AM
They had the easiest road to round 4 in the history of Texas High School Football.....................and then they faced a real team and got embarrassed. They will not be a player in any championship talks................can you tell i don't like them:D

Yes they did. They were new to the playoff scene last season, and a lot of teams got embarassed by Argyle. I didn't say anything about them in any championship talks. I don't think they are anywhere near that. I just think that there's a chance they could meet Gilmer in the playoffs, and we all know how that will go. I don't like them either. It's a rule!

lostaussie
04-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes they did. They were new to the playoff scene last season, and a lot of teams got embarassed by Argyle. I didn't say anything about them in any championship talks. I don't think they are anywhere near that. I just think that there's a chance they could meet Gilmer in the playoffs, and we all know how that will go. I don't like them either. It's a rule!They lost last year To Pittsburg and Bullard...................remember Bullard, oh yea I do. We beat them 62-0. In reality its nice that the Bears got to go 4 rounds deep and play a week longer than there arch nemisis Gilmer, but it was only due to bracket match ups. With the divisions being watered down as they are I suppose we could get a chance to play them in the post season....................ONE COULD ONLY WISH :D

buckeyebob
04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
The reason I said 2016...I do not see them winning the District...I will have to vote on Tatum...I do not see them making it past Round 1, maybe 2...with Mack neutralized (we have been able to), they are in trouble...besides, if we see 'em, they fall apart then they are through

For those that think we are hard on G'water...so be it...we have been playing the Bears since 1929 (77-0 Bux), a total of 57 games...13 miles apart, "G" for both...Orange & Black...the list goes on.