PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Football

BB BULLS
03-27-2014, 11:57 AM
looks like he did really well at his pro day according to the Houston Chron. who will he go to come draft day?

caleb_mccaig
03-27-2014, 12:09 PM
looks like he did really well at his pro day according to the Houston Chron. who will he go to come draft day?

He looked really good, I streamed it all on my phone. I like the fact he decided to wear a helmet and pads and tore it up, unlike Bridgewater who couldn't even throw in shorts and a t-shirt. I personally think he's the best player in this draft and this is coming from someone who pulls for LSU in the SEC every year. Every team that passes on him will regret it.

Macarthur
03-27-2014, 12:25 PM
I don't know if he's the best player, but he's damn sure the best QB. Anyone that thinks Bortles or Bridgewater are a better QB are high!

Now, what he ends up being as a pro is a different question with so many variables.

I could possibly understand Houston taking Clowney because he's a freak, but if he's not the first QB taken, the NFL needs their head examined.

BB BULLS
03-27-2014, 12:42 PM
I don't know if he's the best player, but he's damn sure the best QB. Anyone that thinks Bortles or Bridgewater are a better QB are high!

Now, what he ends up being as a pro is a different question with so many variables.

I could possibly understand Houston taking Clowney because he's a freak, but if he's not the first QB taken, the NFL needs their head examined.

mac you and i hardly ever agree on anything but we do now. you took the words right out of my mouth.

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I'll cry tears of joy if the texans draft him

Aggie98
03-27-2014, 01:15 PM
64 of 66 in his pro day.

BB BULLS
03-27-2014, 01:23 PM
64 of 66 in his pro day.

one was completed out of bounds, the other should have been caught according to the news paper

Rabid Cougar
03-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Apparently Chuck Norris had a prior engagement.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/03/27/johnny-manziel-nfl-workout-draws-former-president-george-hw-bush-barbara-bush/?intcmp=latestnews

Snotbubbles
03-27-2014, 01:28 PM
one was completed out of bounds, the other should have been caught according to the news paper

Out of bounds? In freaking practice. Come on Houston, take Clowney. Out of bounds.:doh:

BB BULLS
03-27-2014, 01:41 PM
you know it was to long ago the Texans were in the same spot with Young, Bush & Williams. they took Williams, you just never know what they will do. what if they took Clowney first & take the Carr kid in the second round now that would be something. Houston fans would go nuts. if they pass on Johnny there will be alot of upset Houston fans thats for sure

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 01:57 PM
if they pass on Johnny there will be alot of upset Houston fans thats for sure

Naw, just aggie fans.

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Heck, take the best player in the draft #1, then McCarron in the 7th or something if you think you need a QB.

BB BULLS
03-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Naw, just aggie fans.

i know but there are a bunch the suckers in Houston. you ever try go west on 290 on a saturday before an aggie game?

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 02:09 PM
i know but there are a bunch the suckers in Houston. you ever try go west on 290 on a saturday before an aggie game?

They'll get over it.

bobcat1
03-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Dallas needs him.

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Dallas needs him.

Yes, Dallas need a QB more than Houston does. Agree here.

BB BULLS
03-27-2014, 02:14 PM

what no one thinks Romo is a goob QB? just wondering last time i said something about Romo i got hammered.

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 02:35 PM
what no one thinks Romo is a goob QB? just wondering last time i said something about Romo i got hammered.

His back is no good. And, with the pounding a QB takes, that's not good. Ask Troy what a back means.

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2014, 03:04 PM

Seriously? This is one of the more idiotic things I've read on this site.

Fitzpatrick over romo? You're not that thick YT

Roughneck93
03-27-2014, 03:39 PM
That was a very entertaining pro day.

I think Johnny ends up a Houston Texan.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/JohnnyBomb.gif

Roughneck93
03-27-2014, 03:42 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/manziel-pro-day-throw03272014.gif

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Seriously? This is one of the more idiotic things I've read on this site.

Fitzpatrick over romo? You're not that thick YT

Umm, yes. Not sure I'd start Fitz. And, Romo has back issues. Yes, I'm thick too.:p

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
A crippled romo is way better than anything on the texans current roster

bobcat1
03-27-2014, 04:47 PM
But for how long. We need a friggin QB period. I don't think he plays the full season and retires medically.

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 05:01 PM

I never said I wouldn't take a QB this draft. Just not with first pick. QB pretty deep IMO.

Snotbubbles
03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Just seen some of J. Football's throws on news. 40 yard pass, WR came back 3-5 yards on a few. He should of thrown without pads on. Dumb. No defense to rattle him and he throws 2 OOB. 1 complete, 2 yards out of play and other was dropped even further out. WR was fearing items out of bounds I think. Short armed it.

YTBulldogs
03-27-2014, 05:44 PM
I like the idea behind having him throw in pads Snot. But, it's clear he had some issue's on the deeper ball's. WR did break stride and have to come back on some. Didn't hurt his ranking though IMO.

1st and goal
03-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Just seen some of J. Football's throws on news. 40 yard pass, WR came back 3-5 yards on a few. He should of thrown without pads on. Dumb. No defense to rattle him and he throws 2 OOB. 1 complete, 2 yards out of play and other was dropped even further out. WR was fearing items out of bounds I think. Short armed it.

You would beeeotch about a free cold beer.

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Lol people will find anything to bitch about. The pro scouts were all impressed and said it was by far the most impressive qb workout of the "big 3".... But yeah these 3adl experts have it all figured out.

Macarthur
03-27-2014, 09:19 PM

Lol.

You are aware that people that get paid to evaluate this said he was great. :crazy:

Snotbubbles
03-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Lol.

You are aware that people that get paid to evaluate this said he was great. :crazy:

cool aid drinkers. I take it you didn't see those 40 yarders under thrown then? Solid, not great I assure you.

cougartino
03-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Seems to me a real pro day would have a guy participating with pros during 11 on 11. Anyone can look good with no rush, no coverage, or running through tackling dummies. IMHO

Weebe
03-28-2014, 05:15 AM
I've followed several message boards over the last 15 or so years and I swear this is by far the least sports knowledgable board I have come across.

OldNavy
03-28-2014, 05:51 AM
Enlighten us, what's the scoop?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Lion70
03-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Seems to me a real pro day would have a guy participating with pros during 11 on 11. Anyone can look good with no rush, no coverage, or running through tackling dummies. IMHO

Guess you never seen him play or you might be a buthurt texas fan. Anybody can see he will be a good qb as long as he stays healtly.

Saggy Aggie
03-28-2014, 08:01 AM
I've followed several message boards over the last 15 or so years and I swear this is by far the least sports knowledgable board I have come across.

+1....

bobcat1
03-28-2014, 08:04 AM
If I was a GM and I had a shot at him and needed a QB even if not this year, I'd take him above the others. He has heart and a toughness about him. He seems to find a way to escape pressure and make something happen. Kid's a winner.

coach
03-28-2014, 08:05 AM

I guess this is your first ever pro day you have seen...

BB BULLS
03-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Weebe

+1...

you can always leave nobodys here is making you stay.

pancho villa
03-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Johnny Turnover!

Macarthur
03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
cool aid drinkers. I take it you didn't see those 40 yarders under thrown then? Solid, not great I assure you.

Watched every minute of it and you are either bias or don't know much about this. Professional scouts are paid not to drink cool aid. In fact, quite the opposite. They are paid to find as many flaws as possible. He had a great pro day and it has been stated by numerous folks that know what they're talking about.

Macarthur
03-28-2014, 09:03 AM

This x1,000,000

coach
03-28-2014, 09:17 AM
This site lost all credibility when someone tried to argue that Luis Scola was better than Dirk Nowitzki...

Rabid Cougar
03-28-2014, 09:27 AM

No defense to rattle him? How many times do pro QBs throw in games without pads? My oldest son's team mates and coaches thought this was a brilliant move. I bet you will see NFL combines start doing this.

Macarthur
03-28-2014, 09:40 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/28/norv-turner-calls-johnny-manziel-amazingly-accurate/

From another article:

Jaworski believes that, on the evidence of Manziel’s Pro Day, Manziel’s offseason work has significantly improved his form as a passer. Jaworski said Manziel threw the ball more cleanly at his Pro Day today than he did during his college career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337395/article/what-we-learned-from-johnny-manziels-pro-day

Kurt Warner: "He showed us he can make all the throws. That deep ball was impeccable. Great touch, good enough velocity and was able to set it out there."

BB BULLS
03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
if you like him or not the kid gives it his all when he is on the field

cougartino
03-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Guess you never seen him play or you might be a buthurt texas fan. Anybody can see he will be a good qb as long as he stays healtly.

Not a fan of either team. Jamarcus Russell had a good pro day, too.

cougartino
03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
I guess this is your first ever pro day you have seen...

Nope. By the way, my post didn't just apply to Johnny, but any college player. They used to have that college-pro all star game where you could get a good idea what a kids might do against the best pro players. I remember one year Theo Bell impressed the Steelers enough to where they drafted him.

Weebe
03-28-2014, 11:25 AM
It's really amazing that so many pro scots and GM's show up for these worthless pro day activities. Has anyone advised the league office that the scouting combine that they put on is without value?

Macarthur
03-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Not a fan of either team. Jamarcus Russell had a good pro day, too.

And no one said it will guarantee that Johnny will be a great pro. But it's just silly to say he didn't have a good day. Actually, it's not silly. :crazy:

cougartino
03-28-2014, 11:50 AM
And no one said it will guarantee that Johnny will be a great pro. But it's just silly to say he didn't have a good day. Actually, it's not silly. :crazy:

I'm not the judge on the type of day he had. I just questioned the set up and process.

Rabid Cougar
03-28-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm not the judge on the type of day he had. I just questioned the set up and process.

College Pro Day set ups are done to NFL requirements and standards. NFL Team representatives run them, not the schools. School's S&C staff provides support.
I've seen NFL rep tell prospect to "get the hell out of my drill" because the prospect did not do it as instructed.

caleb_mccaig
03-28-2014, 12:14 PM
You people do realize that Pro Days are supposed to go well? They're 100% scripted and put in an environment that the player is comfortable in to make him look as flawless as possible. There's probably been only 5 bad pro-days by guys in the last decade, one being Teddy Bridgewater this year. The top prospects are supposed to look good and flawless. Obviously a practice against no defense doesn't mean anything, but they're looking at arm strength, footwork and mechanics on Manziel and that was it yesterday.

Scoop27
03-28-2014, 12:16 PM
One player like Manziel isn't going to make the Texans a great team

YTBulldogs
03-28-2014, 12:54 PM
One player like Manziel isn't going to make the Texans a great team

If they do take him, hope they get some WR's. Johnson is getting up there.

Cam
03-28-2014, 01:18 PM

.....and also some of the worst spellers!......:spitlol:

Saggy Aggie
03-28-2014, 02:11 PM
This site lost all credibility when someone tried to argue that Luis Scola was better than Dirk Nowitzki...

:) :)

Tejastrue
03-28-2014, 03:33 PM
No defense to rattle him? How many times do pro QBs throw in games without pads? My oldest son's team mates and coaches thought this was a brilliant move. I bet you will see NFL combines start doing this.

Maybe he was trying to look bigger amongst all those 6-3 + dudes. lol

Cam
03-28-2014, 04:24 PM
A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.......:vrycnfsd:

Tejastrue
03-29-2014, 09:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-not-impressed-with--sideshow--of-johnny-manziel-s-pro-day-164132337.html

1st and goal
03-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Not sure the Texans can handle the expectations of the multitudes of new fans they would have if they drafted JF.

Yes Scoop, 1 player doesn't make a team, but NFL football is a game of split second decisions and inches which turn into game changing plays. If anyone can boost a team's chances, JF can. I've seen it happen before and I believe it can happen on the next level.

I credit Klingsbury for making the decision to start him in lieu of Showers. Look what happened to Mac and UT when they passed on him. Nuff said.